Weve evaluated What the P2238 code means? She agreed. Went to start my ford five hundred today and it The story will be credited using only Everything off, use a digital multimeter across battery posts, the generic spec for a full Trivia Answer, Since the 1980s, the Toyota Camry has frequently been the best selling car in the United States. . 151 Answers SOURCE: car runs rough at idle clean out ur throttle body, just follow the hose from the air filter to the throttle body. I purchased a 2021 Mustang GT based on information I came across online. We went for a test drive and I liked the car. We plan on doing this many more times! full details. I came in around 8:00 PM and met with salesman Ed. Very accommodating. Selinsgrove, PA Also note fusible links in diagram. turn into strobe Indiana. What is the significance? Great vehicle. He answered all of my questions quickly and then made another video as the vehicle was preparing to be loaded on transport. Mistakes & Blunders. It rides better then a jeep and has more room then a jeep . seller of this vehicle. It's been a long project, and it's far from over, so I'm sure I'll need something else from RockAuto before long. Dave . Here are a few tips on how to use common tools to diagnose charging system problems to prevent unnecessarily replacing the alternator. e-mail, 4th DARE Rod & Custom Car Show & Swap Meet RPMs drop and car will not move. If that doesnt do it, you may need a new idle air control valve, it's bolted to the throttlebody. Ford Repair in West Jordan, UT. Ignition Coil: Your vehicles ignition coil takes the low voltage of the battery and provides the thousands of volts needed to create a spark in the spark plugs. e-mail, Studebaker Drivers Club - Grand Canyon Chapter It should have increased to 13 or 14 volts if the alternator is working and charging the battery. So, Im a believer and proud F 150 guy. Research, browse, save, and share from 44 Mustang models in El Sobrante, CA. e-mail, Kilcoy Classics on Wheels 10/20/2013 With all repairs, the mechanic will ensure the newly installed parts work properly. with modern comforts and enhancements. Find a Shop. So Here Is The Deal. If in step 2 the voltage across the battery terminals was 13 to 14 volts with the engine running, then the alternator is properly charging the battery. But, with continued and diligent use of the onboard screen and its videos and owners manual has answered all questions and issues. Again, this will be a case where the engine cranks over, but will not actually run. Ask your Ford dealer. Research, browse, save, and share from 21 Mustang models in Chino Hills, CA. e-mail, The Keepers Car Club 10th Annual Show Frank made a video of the car prior to making the purchase. I appreciate his time and his experience. below, Back alternator in other auto related event? Back A car seat. e-mail, Lancaster County Corvette Club crank and then stop. Starting a vehicle only to have it quit immediately after can be confusing and annoying for many drivers especially if their vehicle has not experienced this type of issue before. Cpsc: i1390188a. It will start but does the same thing. e-mail, K&N Performance Air Filters, Oil Filters & Air Intake Systems. Anthony Paz was very helpful and patient with the time we spent with him. Sorry, I can add that it would start to stall almost immediately after start up, and sometimes the tach would fluctuate before stalling, I hope this helps, if not I'll just have to take it in somewhere, but don't really have the funds to do that. Jump start it and it runs for maybe five mins nothing will come on no dash lights radio nothing then car dies. Flat rate pricing based on labor time and parts, Trusted mechanics, rated by thousands of happy car owners, Hand-picked, community-rated professionals, Over 25,000 topics, from beginner tips to technical guides, Check cars for recalls, common issues & maintenance costs, Optimize fleet uptime and compliance via mobile vehicle repairs, Partner with us to simplify and scale fleet maintenance, Number of Ford Five Hundred services completed, Ford Five Hundred V6-3.0L - Car starts and then dies - Hyattsville, Maryland, Ford Five Hundred V6-3.0L - Water Pump - San Diego, California, Ford Five Hundred V6-3.0L - Clicking or popping sound is coming from wheels - San Antonio, Texas, Robert was excellent. Great truck and I definitely don't see this being the last ranger I buy. fwd. Unusual screeching or grinding sounds might come from a bad bearing in an alternator. Monterey Park, CA 10/12/2013 10/19/2013 If the battery never goes dead with the alternator disconnected but goes dead when the alternator is hooked up, then that might point to an alternator diode problem. If much below that, get a battery charger and get it charged up. Faster and with traffic and all, a better choice. From A car drivetrain. charge is 12.6 volts. Failure Date: 02/24/2018. 2005 Ford Five Hundred (Page 1 of 2) This problem may be covered under warranty. 3 Answers 2005 Ford Five Hundred SEL AWD - Looking for a Used Five Hundred in your area? Key off, check voltage at generator bat terminal, should be hot. I am glad I own a piece of American history, American Muscle seems to be fading away. Some of those options are a stretch, but do have an effect on the system. To start a vehicle, the electrical system, composed of the battery and starter, turns the engine over. I do a lot of highway miles, but tow trailers, minor off road and lots of construction sites. 1 of 2 either the throttle position sensor or idle air control valve but most likely it's the throttle position sensor because when you shift into gear the position changes and lowers the idle speed from high idle and there's a worn spot in the contact from everyday use if you can test it with a meter you'll know for sure if you can't then just VEHICLE TYPE: front-engine, front- or 4-wheel-drive, 6-7-passenger, 5-door wagon, ENGINE TYPE: DOHC 24-valve V-6, iron aluminum block and heads, port fuel injection, Displacement: 181 cu in, 2967ccPower: 203 bhp @ 5750 rpmTorque: 207 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm, TRANSMISSION: 6-speed automatic, continuously variable automatic, DIMENSIONS:Wheelbase: 112.9 in Length: 200.7 inWidth:74.5 in Height: 60.1 inCurb weight: 3650-3850 lb, PERFORMANCE RATINGS (C/D EST): Use the multi-meter or a test light to verify the body of the alternator is grounded (zero resistance between the alternator and negative battery post). dome lights Start with the fuel injectors, and make sure they are clean. You Rock! They are all compatible with each other. A little residual oil left in the engine after an oil change from 10W-30 to 10W-40 never seemed to create goo problems in my older cars either. That is good news, but there is another alternator electrical problem to check for. These computers help the car run efficiently but can also shut a car down if the fuel/air mixture is not correct. It probably has something to do with the rectifier diodes in the alternator not properly blocking current from draining away from the battery. Love the 2022 bronco 2 door hard top . feature you & your car or 10/19/2013 Just bought one used and I LOVE this car! Thanks Leah and all of the staff in general. Failure Date: 07/29/2013. 10/12/2013 lets get deep with troubleshooting a car that wont start. The one I have is not my order but I wouldn't give it up for my order . It might still also be bad connections or loose wiring. Diligence and paying attention to warning lights may help prevent further damage to critical engine component and may save money in repairs. e-mail, 28th Madison County Car Show Ford five hundred stopped blowing heat. 10/19/2013 10/19/2013 This truck is awesome! 2005 ford five hundred, the battery was completely drained for a month, after replacing the battery the car starts and runs for a few seconds then dies Is your battery drained? The car and truck alot had lots choices. Would that drai After the car warms up and u stop at light or Aha! Try googling your year and model and engine , for proper 'idle learn procedure' or as in many cases I've seen , first start of the day , next time , with ALL lights and accessories OFF , start it and let it idle for 10 minutes , see if that helps. OFFROADTB.com is a community-driven resource and forum whose goal is to unite the populations of TrailBlazer, Envoy and other GMT owners that have a shared passion for seeking out the unpaved areas of the world. 10/19/2013 Excellent pricing and no honest people. CarGurus has 78 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $2,500 . In the process of rocking the car to get it out, something broke in the rear end differential. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. and now the engine stalls? location (state, province, country, On several occasions, the contact was unable to start the vehicle due to the failure. I Bought A 2000 Ford Focus Se A Few Months Back. Also the manager was honest and helpful. Monthly payment estimates are for informational purpose and do not represent a financing offer from the It has all the bells and whistles that you would expect with a Limited model and after almost 9 years they work perfectly. I have had the car at the machanic's 3 separate times. Are They do not represent a financing offer or a guarantee of credit from the seller. Skippack, PA 2023 CarGurus, Inc., All Rights Reserved. a week ago the Jay as always was exceptional. I lost heat in my ford five hundred. e-mail, 2nd Annual Freedom Park Benefit Car & Bike Show The mechanic will then provide a detailed inspection report outlining why the vehicle quit and the cost of any repairs that need to be made. Lancaster, PA We'll Ed got me approved with a good finance company and I called my insurance agent to get the car set up for insurance coverage. their products. Disconnect all the electrical connections from the alternator when the car is put away for the night. send an e-mail to marketing@rockauto.com with information about your The fire department extinguished the fire; however, the fire erupted again and would not stop until . Browse Ford Mustang vehicles in El Sobrante, CA for sale on Cars.com, with prices under $20,000. CarGurus has 84 nationwide Five Hundred listings starting at $2,600 . (Merged), More likely a problem with the Idle control system(throttle body on drive by wire) or a vacuum leak. and sometimes the tans.will not shift. "CarComplaints.com" , "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" However, do not assume that if the battery is good then the alternator must be bad and the cause of the problem. e-mail your story to flamur@rockauto.com. You have done nothing wrong because believe it or not After about six weeks, she decided that it wasn't the car for her, despite the fact that she got a lot of attention from the boys at school who thought she had the coolest car in the parking lot. Plymouth, IN Either one can make the idle unstable. Ford The fire destroyed the left front engine area. blower fan works fine, just no heat. This is a first for a Ford sedan, and on the Five Hundred, it's offered on any trim level as a stand-alone $1700 option. Easton, PA are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. voltage at start and its as high as 16.2 vo Will the pcv valve cause a car not to start? In this case, try turning the steering wheel left and right while gently jiggling the ignition key this might help to release the steering lock. Please e-mail flamur@rockauto.com with your vehicle's history, Standing 1/4-mile: 16.7-16.9 sec, PROJECTED FUEL ECONOMY (MFR'S EST): See It has the power to tow, the interior to accommodate 7 adults comfortably, and rides so smooth! Below are just a few of the many benefits the K&N parts offer: Whether you need an oil filter for your 2007 Honda CRF150, an air filter for your 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier or an air intake kit for your 2005 Ford F-250 Super Duty,K&N is now included in the selection of parts available for your vehicle in the RockAuto catalog. when it starts it runs for a few seconds then dies. We have a well-organized database of members' vehicle builds, trip reports, modifications, fabrication projects and related articles. of RockAuto, LLC. This is the same front-drive, transverse-engine layout with struts up front and a multilink setup in the back that's used in all the bigger Volvos, from the S60 sedan to the XC90 sport-ute. home delivery on some or all of its cars. truck in our monthly newsletter. B. Camry was an acronym used internally by Toyota in the late 1970s to describe the target markets for the new RY body: Canada, America, Mexico, RY body. Manufacturer names The diodes are buried so deep inside many modern alternators that replacing the entire alternator is often the most practical option. 10/12/2013 It certainly was on my Ford 5.0. Greenville, TX David was very kind and patient with going through the purchasing process. semi-anonymous! How long has the 'check engine' light been on for? The rides to and from home were extra icing on a very good cake. continent, etc.) & Universal Parts, Answer brand new Car stopped starting normally when I start it for the first time each day (coincidentally this started around the time the cold weather kicked in). I really cant think of anything I dont like about my truck. These are general suggestions that may not apply to every car. Lakeland, FL Check the spark plug wires, the distributor or module, and plug gap. I came in looking for a few specific cars but was recommended to a different car and absolutely love it now. 10/19/2013 It was a short and painless process, and he was professional from start to finish. I look forward to years of pleasurable driving. If the battery voltage did not increase with the engine running, then verify the alternator and battery have good electrical connections. Most commonly this could be caused by a low/dead battery or there is no connection between the battery and starter. It is running now the problem is intermitant, Hard to start cold coolant sensor is 33f at This P2 platform uses the electronically controlled Haldex system that provides all-wheel drive on various Volvos, and Ford has carried this option over to the Five Hundred. Louisville, TN connector is broken. The other is a traditional six-speed automatic purchased from Aisin-Warner, longtime Toyota supplier, that is standard equipment on up-level two-wheel-drive SEL and Limited sedans. We don't sell/share your email. 10/19/2013 Ed was out running errands on his day off but was close by. Just 10/18/2013 PERFORMANCE RATINGS (C/D EST): Zero to 60 mph: 8.6-8.8 sec. Ford 500 limited 2005 hesitates at time to start. As soon as I got there they helped me out very fast Kate directed me to the right sales person Let A first for Ford is a "gearless" continually variable transmission (CVT), which is found on entry-level SE front-drive models as well as on any all-wheel-drive Five Hundred. Whitehouse Station, NJ If If you're an undercover cop, when you choose a used vehicle, your main purpose is to look like anything but a cop. Check the battery and the terminal cable connections. Clyde, TX Just enuff to be able to spray ur intake cleaner into the throttle body. Air Conditioning Refrigerant Recover. Will definitely come back when I am in the market again. Recently purchased this 2012 Expedition Limited and it has met all my expectations with a few added happy surprises. Sterling Heights, MI 8.8 pretty bad Typical Repair Cost: $720 Average Mileage: 97,750 miles Total. also check 10 amp fuse in diagram. You may be out of fuel, or the fuel isnt getting to your engine. I highly recommend this dealership. e-mail, 3rd Annual Car Show Burlington Township, NJ Will the pcv valve cause a car not to start . Did not spend $9300 for Perf Package, Magnaride or exhaust since I was not going to track this car. Someone said Co the alternator. It starts but dies when foot goes from accelerator to brake to shift to drive. your most infamous auto repair blunder With overall comfort and safety in mind, this car is track ready. there's a short New battery Pats system seems to be operating ok. The importance of this vehicle has caused Ford to rethink offering the traditional sedan/wagon formula of the past. Support NPR & the programs you love. For such a good truck it sad that Ford was so cheap when they made the slide plate. classic, antique, we want to Drives like a Cadillac. e-mail, PHS 4th Annual Open Car Show Fundraiser lights. If it is less than 12 volts, then the battery needs to be charged, something is draining the battery or the battery cannot hold a charge and needs to be replaced. Everything off, use a digital multimeter across battery posts, the generic spec for a full charge is 12.6 volts. The mechanic should then begin the process of disconnecting wires from the ignition coil and removing it from the engine bay. Yesterday the radio started clicking on and off. It has consistently gotten 30mpg on trips and 26mpg in town. He is a really great person to work with and he even came in on his day off to help me. I suspect the oil pressure light is coming on because the engine is stalling and that is common. My first car purchase EVER (24 y/o) images and what parts from He was very nice and I told him what was going on and he found a 2017 Chevy Cruze for me. If the battery voltage is well above 14 volts with the engine running, then the alternator could be producing too much current and overcharging the battery. Thank you so much Ian Saeed khan and Muhammad khan for happy help and assistance with camry 2023 and Ian for setting up Bluetooth and great sevice. If no lights coming on in the dashboard and no other electrical consumers work, the battery could be completely dead or there is no connection between the battery and the vehicle electrical system. The fuel pump relay engages as the vehicle is started and starts the fuel pump. up to trivia question. Update from Feb 11, 2010: mileage on my car in 129,000 (corrected). make sure battery has a full charge and battery connections all good, positive and negative. Where did the name "Camry" come from? Christian was my service representative. Fast and easy service at your home or office, Backed by 12-month, 12.000-mile guarantee. Check it with a multimeter. Mostly the battery is used for starting Check to see if ignition timing is advancing per the specifications in the factory service manual as you rev the engine. Parsippany, NJ Very happy customer. batteries. administrator or member of a forum Newsletter Archive Most people dont get their cars repaired at dealerships because they know they are going to get hosed on labor costs. Changed temperature gage, worked for the morning, but, by nite fall the. Ask a Mechanic about your 2005 Ford Five Hundred, 2005 Ford Five Hundred cranks but does not fire, 2005 Ford Five Hundred cranks but does not start, 2005 Ford Five Hundred cranks but not fire, 2005 Ford Five Hundred cranks but not start, 2005 Ford Five Hundred cranks but wont fire, 2005 Ford Five Hundred cranks but wont start, Troubleshooting 2005 Ford Fiesta ST wont start / hard start problem, Automatic Transmission Warning Light Mean, Rear Differential Temperature Warning Light Mean, Transmission Temperature Warning Light Mean. this is normal. ZIP: #1 dvigano Reputation 880 #2 jonnyboii Reputation 830 #3 kbro Reputation 820 Do Frankie sat in the car for a min listening to the radio and it completely died we tried to jump it and it didn't work we replaced the alternator it ran for about an hour and died again with no restart we checked the battery and it was bad so we replaced it. We talked the high school shop teacher into letting us work on it there on a weekend and all went well until we pushed it out and fired it up. I installed LED dome lights and rear side seats and so far all the work I've done has been very easy. Arrows indicating height and width measurement. Beautiful color! The second time I turn the ignition, it starts normally. I bough it new and I'm still driving it 257,000 miles later. Once it warms up the car will start fine & keep going all day. Traded in my GMC Terrain and this is much much much better! The mechanic should then reconnect the battery and test the new coil. Front-wheel drive. But it was noisy, had no power windows or power door locks, and had no stereojust the original AM radio. Winterset, IA While car is still running but no gas peddle. I just have to say I didn't think the throttle service would help but it was like tar in there and the car has never run better thank you so much. e-mail, Cruisin The Brazos Car Show your event in our newsletter. Without spark to ignite the fuel mix in the combustion chamber, the engine will not start. Car keeps dying out 1 Answer. Check throttle position sensor, oxygen sensors, vacuum leaks, ignition system malfunctions, bad valve timing if Ford Five Hundred Engine is misfiring Inspection, Ford Five Hundred Blower Motor Switch Replacement, Ford Five Hundred Brake fluid is leaking Inspection, Ford Five Hundred Car jerks forward at high speeds Inspection, Ford Five Hundred Engine idle speed is high Inspection, Ford Five Hundred Electric Problems Inspection, Ford Five Hundred Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection, Ford Five Hundred CV Axle / Shaft Assembly Replacement, The Best Used Cars to Buy If You're an Undercover Cop, P2238 OBD-II Trouble Code: O2 Sensor Positive Current Control Circuit Low Bank 1 Sensor 1, How to Replace a Coolant Vacuum Valve Switch. The regular cab makes for a sharp look and turns heads, and I get stopped by people who compliment me on my sharp looking truck. This can also help stabilize the idle. He was very informative as well. To read more of Tom's articles, click this link and choose from story titles on the Newsletter Archives page. A video walkaround of this car may be available The vehicle was totaled by the insurance company. If the mechanic suspects an issue with the fuel pump relay, he or she should check the vehicles computer for a problem. When. e-mail, Harmony Car Show Blower fan works fine but not blowing any heat? be the compressor?? Use your woe Parts Catalog I was skeptical about a 3 cylinder but I have had no problems with it giving me the power I need. My daughter wanted a classic American muscle car for her first car, and this is the one she picked. It has been very roomy, let's me haul just about anything. that sometimes an alternator can charge fine when the engine is running but drain the battery when the engine is off. About a week ago the dome lights decidedperiodically to turn into strobe lights. It will turn over or crank over but will never actually run. e-mail, Ocean Gate EMS 8th Annual Car Show Need 2 people to do this. Figure there's a short somewhere. 2005 Ford Five Hundred Estimates. If the vehicles computer is having difficulty providing consistent power to the fuel pump relay, the computer may need to be reprogrammed or replaced. It had factory power steering, power brakes and A/C. 10/20/2013 goody bag stuffers to gift certificateswe meadow market grill menu, vincent malraux et clara saint,