maybe she should visit Asmara very offten. Unless we learn from our recent history(at least of the last 50 years) we will be exactly where our enemies want us: divided and fighting each other.I am not here to lecture but I thought I speak up my mind because I suspect the seeds of division can be sown very easily and one day grow bigger. The political culture is so violentand desperatethat the presidents own son attempted to escape the country. He was intercepted by border patrols while preparing to be smuggled outfromthebordertown ofTessenei. It is this complex and enigmatic nature of PresidentAfwerkithathas renderedde factothepolitical culture of todays Eritrea. He released the following albums in Eritrea: Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. Upon his return, he was appointed as a political commissioner of the ELF's Zone 5 in the Hamasen region. Now, what is there left to admire?God bless those who gave up their lives to make it possible for us to claim Eritrean citizenship and for Isaias to be called "His Excellency". It is absolutly amazing. [1], Abraham moved to Italy, where he learned to play the krar and continued to write songs in the theme of Eritrean nationalism. Every Eritrean knows the government of Eritrea has a pathetic and backward news media (if we can call it that). The president can use knowledge of their corrupt activities as leverage,toensure their loyalty. You can all open a Fb account and post whatever you likeon your wall and tag as many people as you like and see if people are going to like what you post there. Corrections? Exercise in manipulation I am youonger than him,if you ask me who should leave the world first. God bless you and your People!!! Isaias Afwerki ( Tigrinya: , pronounced [isajas afwrki]; born 2 February 1946) is an Eritrean political leader and partisan who has been the president of Eritrea since shortly after he led the Eritrean People's Liberation Front (EPLF) to victory in May 1991, ending the 30-year-old war for independence from Ethiopia. Previous Article World Leader Updated On January 29, 2023 World Leader Updated On January 29, 2023 World Leader Updated On November 15, 2022 Better yet, what does that say about the dismal state of Eritrea's state-operated media? [13] In 1965, he began his studies at the College of Engineering at Haile Selassie I University (now called Addis Ababa University) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. [8] Amnesty International believes that the government of President Isaias Afwerki has imprisoned at least 10,000 political prisoners. Birth Sign Aquarius. YOU ARE SICK IF YOU LIKE ISAIAS AFWORKI. You shouldn't either.You just slipped a couple of points on the credibility scale. He must have gone to school undercover. Nothing worse that seeing a hyper-sensitive Eritrean who takes anything not praising the Government as being the end of the world. Congra Abraham, We are proud of all the young generation in Eritrea. I salute all Eritreans for their struggle. He became President of the National Assembly in 1993. Instead he is serving his nation like every eritrean youth in Eritrea. What are our complaints? This article was most recently revised and updated by, https://www.britannica.com/biography/Isaias-Afwerki, GlobalSecurity.org - Biography of Isaias Afwerki, Isaias Afwerki - Student Encyclopedia (Ages 11 and up). COMPARE YOUR self with somalia not with ETHIOPIAN !!! During the Eritrean War of Independence, Abraham and his family fled the fighting and lived as refugees in Sudan. Irritated by her questions, the president called the journalistinsane.(Watch)Post-interviewAfwerkistruckhis information minister,Ali Abdu,whohadarranged the interview,in front of his staff. Isaias Afwerki. His alliance with Abiy Ahmed will let him achieve his goals at the expense of Ethiopian sovereignty. Kenyas cost of living demonstrations have as much to do with popular discontent as they do with the opposition capitalizing on frustrations. Isaias is a cagey, security-savvy fighter who eluded the Ethiopians for 30 years and has survived a number of assassination attempts since 1993. Isaias Afwerki, Afwerki also spelled Afewerki, (born February 2, 1946, Asmara, Eritrea), Eritrean independence leader and president of Eritrea from 1993. In 2014, afterhis degradation and release, he became theminister of trade and industry. Isaias Afwerki was born on February 2, 1946 in the . Uncredited. what a stroy of one man that can do. Another border dispute, this time with Djibouti, broke out in 2008. After completing his national service requirements, the 26-year-old Abraham finished aeronautical engineering at Eritrea Institute of Technology in Mai-Nefhi. Madote is an independent online media that focuses on the Horn of Africa in general, and Eritrea in particular. The challenges change shape and size,however, they do not go away. First & foremost, i'd like to send Congratulations to abraham!!! Isaias is the son of Abraham Afwerki and Adanesh Berhe. , , , , , , , , , , , (2), (2), (2), I miss you so much, I miss my family, I miss my family, I miss you so much, I miss my family, I miss you so much. While every effort has been made to follow citation style rules, there may be some discrepancies. Roman numeral of Isaias Afwerki birthday is II.II.MCMXLVI; Isaias Afwerki's birthstone is Amethyst; Isaias Afwerki's birth flower is Primrose that symbolize modesty, distinction & virtue; Isaias Afwerki age in year is 77 years old; Isaias Afwerki age in month is 926 months old; Isaias Afwerki age in day is 28193 days old When we have a strong and educated middleclass in Eritrea, when there is no longer any foodshortages, threats from foreign countries who wants to invade our land THEN we can start focusing on less pressing issues like elections and what not. For example, Brigadier Gen.Eyob Halibay Fessahayewas among the firstof the armys command officersto beincarcerated for alleged corruption intheearly 1990s. Thanks a million times my hero and my president you make it true..all our dreams that=Eritrea to stand on its own here it comes true in 2011 ..those who talk talktalk zip now your m..o..u..th. the game is over now!! He led the Eritrean People's Liberation Front (EPLF) to victory in May 1991, ending the 30-year-old war for independence . If you have a complaint about the editorial content which relates to His song "Abzelena Alina" ("Wherever We Are") became greatly popular in Eritrea and the world; his socially conscious words and evocative lyrics talked of the bravery of the nation. I'm proud of u. Eritreans are willing to pay a million or trillion for some one who is willing to take this sycophant away from their beloved country. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. Love my father, love you, love you, stay away from you, miss you when you are with me, My tongue will not reveal it, I will say to you, 'I will not let you down, I will say to you, ' My desire, my thoughts, my coats, my tongue, My parents, whom I love so much, love you, love you, do not be satisfied while you are far away. Neverpublicized,this assault was neither arobberynoran attack bypolitical dissidents. Many people have fled conscription, with nearly 10% of the population having left the country as refugees. Either you take the positive approach or go join the enemy and face the fate of the enemy. In 1987 he was elected secretary-general of the EPLF. He keepsclose watch onanyanimosity between military commanders asaprimarymeans of fortifying hisownposition. I saias Afwerki was born on February 2, 1946 in Asmara, Eritrea [ 1] . Isaias Afwerki was born in the Aba Shi'Aul district of Asmara, Eritrea. Isaias Afwerki was born on February 2, 1946 (age 77) in Asmara, Eritrea. Female. May God give you million years to enjoy the fruits of your hard work.We love you. There was alleged looting in Tigray Region, including systematic, wide-scale looting in Aksum following the Aksum massacre in late November 2020. [2], In 2006, Abraham drowned when he tried to save a friend in the Red Sea near Massawa. Shocked at this severe reversal of fortunejust as he was preparing totake a new post as internal security chief,Halibayattempted to commit suicide twice while in jail. Having gone through the compulsorydehumanization process,Halibaynow commandstheSpecial Forces,the elite commandos. Isaias Afwerki (Tigrinya: , pronounced[isajas afwrki] (listen); born 2 February 1946)[1] is an Eritrean politician and partisan who has been the president of Eritrea since shortly after he led the Eritrean People's Liberation Front (EPLF) to victory in 24 May 1991, ending the 30-year-old war for independence from Ethiopia. Abrham died on 7 October 2006 by drowning when he tried to save a friend in the Red Sea near Massawa. Isaias Afwerki, president from independence until the present day, was a comrade-in-arms with Meles Zenawi, the president of Ethiopia when they both had fought against Ethiopia's Marxist. . Abraham T. Zere. United Nations reports released in 2015 and 2016 detailed the alleged human rights violations committed by Isaiass regime, calling some of them crimes against humanity. World leader who became the first President of the State of Eritrea in 1991 and was the leader of the Eritrean People's Liberation Front. Officially, he is the chairman of the high-level Ethiopian-Eritrean committee overseeing . It is important that these great leaders harmonise their positions on peace and security in the region for the good of our people and Africa at large. Image Credit: Joseph Bautista via Flickr Creative Commons. The documentary film, RolHistrias dos Rolezinhos by Afro-Brazilian filmmaker Vladimir Seixas uses sharp commentary to expose social, political, and cultural inequalities within Brazilian society. This annexation spurred the formation of the Eritrean Liberation Front (ELF) in the Eritrean western lowlands. Despite growing opposition among Eritrea's large and influential diaspora, there are few signs of an effective challenge . Isaias Afwerki(Tigrinya: , pronounced [isajas afwrki](listen); born 2 February 1946)[1]is an Eritreanpolitician and partisan who has been the president of Eritreasince shortly after he led the Eritrean People's Liberation Front(EPLF) to victory in May 1991, ending the 30-year-old war for independencefrom Ethiopia. Chris Hanis legacy is often reduced to debates about his tragic death in April 1993, but his significance goes beyond South Africas democratic transition. are you sure that you can protect your territory ? If you still wont listen and blindly follow this sick man go and bloody join the army get raped/tortured and feel the rejection of fellow Eritreans who don't believe you! Better yet go back to Eritrea and kidnap him or something. anyway, I think you are Ethiopian and this guy is your brother. Reply ObaafqXzzlrkq Additional comment actions Isaias has three kids: Abraham, Elsa and Berhane. your idle leader can do nothing but sleeping in asmera palace !!! [2] [11] [12] Isaias attended Prince Makonnen High School (PMSS). so back off, you lot, 'coz I'm a Ninja here..looool.But on a serious note, credit to madote-dot-com that they are big enough to accomodate and even publishing your comments and criticism against them here on their website. That is just false information. AfterMs.Ghebreabmediated the dispute, the newsquicklyreached thepresident. I also know that Abraham did not live Eritrea for Education not that anything is wrong with him getting further Education abroad. May God bless you. Abrham moved to Italy, where he learned to play the Krar, a five or six stringed bowl-shaped lyre from Eritrea and Ethiopia. Dear Ms. President, thanks for all you have done for eritrean ppl.in the Future i wish you empliment the national constitution and better Foregien Policy b/c we need a smart Foreign realationship to have Partner in this World Personaly wish you Health to lead our beloved Eritrea. Buharism, the social and economic outlook of Nigerias outgoing president, did not seek an alternative to neoliberal globalization, but sought to consolidate Nigerias place in it. Epic picture! 1963-.. (age 60) Occupations politician. Stable economy? Laughable!It is better for you to claim that his father has opened a secret swiss bank account for him rather than talk about his marriage and schooling. You are here: Home 1 / Clearway in the Community 2 / Uncategorised 3 / abraham isaias afwerki age. Fourth Estate, Learn how and when to remove this template message, British Military Administration in Eritrea, "Eritreans, Fresh From Victory, Must Now Govern", The Despotism of Isaias Afewerki: Eritrea's dictator makes his move on Tigray. In the mid-1990s, Bekhit was imprisonedon corruptioncharges that werepublicizedin the national media. Isaias, 76, came to power in 1993 and has since rules with an iron grip on the country. On May 24 he officially proclaimed Eritreas independence. We need not look far to know this. He is a celebrity world leader. Critics of his regime accused him of using a long-standing border dispute with Ethiopia to avoid implementing Eritreas constitution, which had been ratified in 1997, and for other repressive measures in the country. Governments around the world are talking about tightening their belts. He has successfully created a belligerent state of mind in Eritrea. dont mind the Haters they will always hate positive. What does that say about your creditably in which you say stuff without any evidence? There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Click to reveal Madote, thanks a million!Comment.? God bless him, What are you anti-isaias people complaining about.