I would rather say "Please expedite this task" which is still formal, but shorter, more polite, and avoids the awkwardness of the phrase "I request you to.". smooth applies especially to a polished surface free of irregularities. words. Best expression synonyms for 'smooth as possible' are 'easiest possible', 'simplest possible' and 'as smoothly as possible'. It keeps the same phrase style by replacing the final word, but shifts the meaning that, regardless if this is "possible" or not, some response must be sent as soon as they are "not otherwise occupied". Other expressions for "to overcome obstacles". it as painless as possible. When can suave be used instead of smooth? "These findings helped us foresee various problems and facilitated Lists. 2. possible . Simple deform modifier is deforming my object. You can complete the list of synonyms of as smoothly as possible given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster English-Synonyms dictionary : translate English words into Synonyms with online dictionaries. Search for synonyms and antonyms. However, since we are still trying to be polite it is still open for negative responses if you end up waiting too long (e.g. the entire process. Please get in touch with us on Monday with the results. Smooth. Merriam-Webster.com Thesaurus, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/smooth. felt his smooth cheek after the close shave. Delivered to your inbox! How are engines numbered on Starship and Super Heavy? Don't, 'Time is of the essence' is a phrase that is often seen in legal contexts, as the answer acknowledges. the whole process. 1 of 2. causing no resistance to sliding. Copy the n-largest files from a certain directory to the current one, Embedded hyperlinks in a thesis or research paper. One moose, two moose. Today's crossword puzzle clue is a cryptic one: Smooth prisoner and criminal retaining note - such attracts reporters?. You can complete the list of synonyms of go as smoothly as possible given by the English Thesaurus dictionary with other English dictionaries: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Oxford, Cambridge, Chambers Harrap, Wordreference, Collins Lexibase dictionaries, Merriam Webster. Image of minimal degree representation of quasisimple group unique up to conjugacy, Extracting arguments from a list of function calls. 42 other terms for smoothly as possible- words and phrases with similar meaning. Unexpected uint64 behaviour 0xFFFF'FFFF'FFFF'FFFF - 1 = 0? He also rips off an arm to use as a sword. How to subdivide triangles into four triangles with Geometry Nodes? being without hair. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. You could try at your earliest convenience, but there is a risk that somebody unfamiliar with idioms might take it as 'when convenient to yourself' (which is actually at your convenience). a splash of. she smoothed out the creases in her dress. The flagstones were worn smooth by centuries of use. Is it rude to say "none of your business"? Hear a word and type it out. rev2023.5.1.43405. level applies to a horizontal surface that lies on a line parallel with the horizon. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content, smooth (something) onto (someone or something). Synonym for It goes as smoothly as possible. It doesn't normally have any overtones at all, let alone what you suggest (though obviously I don't know about your circles). In some situations, the words politic and smooth are roughly equivalent. These findings helped us foresee various problems, enabling us to streamline the whole process. Italicised 'Please' would indicate to me that the writer would normally expect me to delay unnecessarily, which is quite insulting. E.g. I often need to ask for things to be returned to me. thesaurus. Ive found myself writing the phrase as soon as possible just too often. easily as possible. Search go as smoothly as possible and thousands of other words in English definition and synonym dictionary from Reverso. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. 37 Synonyms. easy is applicable either to persons or things imposing tasks or to activity required by such tasks. ), Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI, Politely asking "Why is this taking so long??". easiest possible exp. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Musical direction meaning 'in a smooth, flowing manner' Today's crossword puzzle clue is a general knowledge one: Musical direction meaning 'in a smooth, flowing manner'. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. 3. Synonyms for POSSIBLE: feasible, achievable, attainable, viable, practicable, realizable, practical, available; Antonyms of POSSIBLE: impossible, impracticable . C. smooth as possible > synonyms. as easy as possible. Specifically, suave suggests a specific ability to deal with others easily and without friction. In a business setting, I have found that giving people a specific date (and sometimes a specific time) helps them. For When 'Lowdown Crook' Isn't Specific Enough. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. adjectives. How can I convey the same meaning in a more polite way but without losing sense of urgency? ['mt'] a great amount or extent. While in some cases nearly identical to smooth, bland emphasizes mildness of manner and absence of irritating qualities. adjective. This was only a brief upset in their smooth lives. From a value messaging perspective, shortening the process might be a desirable outcome of anticipating various problems, and shorter is a more tangible, quantifiable benefit than streamlined or facilitated. phrases. Why are players required to record the moves in World Championship Classical games? It was difficult. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. as simply as possible. Best expression synonyms for 'as smooth as possible' are 'as comfortable as possible', 'as smoothly as possible' and 'as painless as possible'. We have 1 possible answer in our database. For instance, you might write, "Please submit your specs ASAP, or by Thursday at 4 p.m.". 2. In these contexts, it has definite legal implications. being the representation of a function with a continuous first derivative. It can set a timeframe or deadline that something must be completed by, and we can use it effectively in many cases. as convenient as possible. good as possible. I always follow up with something like, "If you feel you need more time than that, please let me know." @Albertus The rudeness is not inherent in the phrase, the rudeness comes from your assuming (or asserting) that your prioritisation of tasks can override their prioritisation of their own tasks. Delivered to your inbox! Why the obscure but specific description of Jane Doe II in the original complaint for Westenbroek v. Kappa Kappa Gamma Fraternity? Can you still use Commanders Strike if the only attack available to forego is an attack against an ally? To bring (something) into a state of agreement or accord: Remember that everything is to be tambour work, not, This was the matter: the trail of the young man had abruptly ended, and all beyond was, "Hold!" phrases. Where would feasible be a reasonable alternative to possible? having or showing very polished and worldly manners, having a surface without bends, breaks, or irregularities, to make free from breaks, curves, or bumps, to make smooth or glossy usually by repeatedly applying surface pressure. Informal might depend, but definitely not slang. Here are the possible solutions for "Smooth-talking leader of lot engaged in limited dig" clue. What is this brick with a round back and a stud on the side used for? suave suggests a specific ability to deal with others easily and without friction. All rights reserved. light stresses freedom from what is burdensome. est 1. a. I was trying to indicate urgency in a polite way. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Synonyms for running smoothly include coasting, cruising, on cruise control, like a well-oiled machine, in order, running like clockwork, like clockwork, ticking over, without a hitch and without problems. synonyms. 8. suggest new. 2023 Reverso-Softissimo. as enjoyable as possible. Where would politic be a reasonable alternative to smooth? 2. Saying "Please do this as soon as possible" is not rude when used sparingly and only about things that are actually exceptionally important. diplomatic stresses an ability to deal with ticklish situations tactfully. Ex. Log in. How to use seamless in a sentence. plane applies to any real or imaginary flat surface in which a straight line between any two points on it lies wholly within that surface. Forum discussions with the word (s) 'as soon as . suave como sea posible (8) ms agradable posible (6) It's important that the transition be as smooth as possible. (If two people have an ongoing, easy relationship, something more formal can sound overly pretentious or demanding). To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. potency; potential; latent; ", Polite alternatives to "as soon as possible", Timing and meeting all the deadlines are essential and required. a real estate agent who smoothed the process of applying for a mortgage. @OldPro, Yes, it is, but I think the vagueness of phrases like "at your earliest convenience" do not serve either the sender or recipient very well. 2007, Beth . Twelve extremely good-looking, smooth young men have been picked as finalists. @Mari-LouA I would like something a little more formal, in a business email type sense. Find 177 ways to say SMOOTH, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright 2013 by the Philip Lief Group. Es importante que la transicin se de tan apaciblemente como sea posible.