I never felt I had a home. Mevlanas situation changed recently when she decided to build a tiny house on land her brother and his family owns in Fayetteville, Arkansas. We need to decide which side of the house to put it on. 515 posts. Not sure if this means they can come Saturday or Monday. It was all over the place, she says. Permit is complete and submitted! They have a wide variety of styles and have hundreds of one-of-a-kind items, next day delivery. WE GOT THE CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY TODAY!!! Built for violinist Asha Mevlana of The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, theAmplified Tiny Houseis a musicians dream tiny house. Probably most of this wont even actually make it onto the show. Allegra has decorated it with Howse furniture, art prints, rugs. Everyone who walks by wants to check it out and see inside. Angelo, the drum teacher and his crew all performed for the cameras and were a big hit! Call shipping company. The crew tries to do as much filming without Zack and John as possible. I am trying to practice Hooponopono on him (an ancient Hawaiian healing technique of reconciliation and forgiveness) where it teaches that we are all connected. [12][13] Mevlana's TV appearances include The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live, the Grammy Awards, the MTV Movie Awards and American Idol. It comes in at about $80,000. I see where the doors go, the windows, the color and style. It is endless. Its very different from NYC and I already love the community feel that this place has. Later in the day, John brings us to the house for a challenge. He has brought the local African drum group/dancers over to the house. So, I wanted to make sure I had full-sized appliances. Since my brother is local, I fill out the paperwork, send it to him and he takes it in to the office in person. which is actually quite unusual in a tiny house. It will take 3x the amount of time than originally planned because of the thing planks. Head back to Fayetteville. This makes me feel a bit better. The other guys have stopped showing up anyway, so I am happy not to be be paying people for not working. I came to her for help prioritizing my business and personal goals and to create the balance I needed to create optimal sustainable success. Inside a Musician's House With a Huge Built-In Amp About Today we visit Fayetteville, Arkansas to tour a tiny house capable of booming sound. Cinder blocks are getting put in over the foundation for the main house. I have a full-sized fridge, full-sized stove. I fell in love with their furniture and was so thrilled to be able to use them to furnish my new tiny house. A couple days before filming began, we realized we didnt have enough tiles for the bathroom. Ryan doesnt arrive until tomorrow because he has to be at an event in Boulder. At night the house is very exposed and I need to get curtains. He is familiar with permits and housing regulations in the area, so he would be a key player in helping this project move forward. Shes an electric violinist who tours with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra rock band every year, and who has performed with Roger Daltrey of The Who, Alanis Morissette and other top musicians. Find out today that the Murphy bunkbed we ordered is 3 too long for the wall. We explain different sections of the house to them. It comes in over $10,000. Its huge! It will stay nice looking forever. Not to mention that most of Stefans crew has never used the clip system before. We will need railings for the porch, loft, etc. I fill out as much as I can and Stefan does the rest. http://azek.com/products/decking?gclid=COKOu9jN1c4CFZRahgodsr0KdA. They will not finish this for the show. Tracked it and it is in Little Rock not being sent because it needs a sign off on a lift gate since it is heavy and in a residential neighborhood. Building can commence. He found something perfect that was in stock and that would match what we already have. Z and Gina's company is called 3VOLVE Housing. Related: This School Bus Is a Tiny Home to a Family of 6! Stefan Vickery and his crew are the men behind the house. From kitchen and bathroom remodels to building decks or carriage houses, Jaybirds promises a complete and A Team of Knowledgeable, Responsible & Experienced Contractors. In order to get a price, the company needs to check out the land and where the house will be placed on land due to sun exposure as well as the direction it faces. While Ryan and I are under the tent, Stefan and the crew carefully try to move the trailer into place next to the main house. Heres a picture of one of the three Plats my brother turned in: Today the house designer sends me elevations. This feels more permanent. If I hadnt called it would be sitting there indefinitely. She's an electric violinist who tours with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra rock band every year, and who has performed with Roger Daltrey of The Who, Alanis Morissette and other top musicians. Floor insulation (r-9) in closed cell and sheetrock will be done in morning. And I love it 'cause I can just kind of sit here, relax. This will be the last time we see the house until reveal day on Thursday. Sidewalk people from the city come over with their rulers and level and tools and tell us we can keep the 7th Ave sidewalk but need to build one in front of Willow side. They love the unique features bike crank, coffee table, massive garage doors, huge porch, functioning amp. I actually have full queen-size bed up here. Large glass garage doors on the main house and music studio open the spaces onto the large deck. There are many places that I would want to live, but my top choice was Fayetteville, Arkansas. This is all over my head and it makes me really happy that I am not a contractor. 9,065 Followers, 427 Following, 515 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Asha Mevlana (@ashamevlana) ashamevlana. And they said, That's awesome, let's do it. When Asha Mevlana isn't on tour with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, she hosts neighborhood concerts from. "Most people recommended I build a porch in back for privacy, but instead I built it facing the streets, on a corner. Need them to come and inspect for HERS rating portion tomorrow. and a little bit longer than a normal tiny house. Gina is not only my sister-in-law and friend from college, she has also been behind the scenes on this entire project, as host to Stefan and to me, and graciously allowing Z to spend a lot of time helping me with this project. Octavio was on board for paining murals and we are so excited he wanted to work with us. Yep, any electric musical instrument can be plugged into the trailer portion and be amplified through the front marine speakers. My brother turns in the revised permit. My name is Asha Mevlana, and this is my amplified tiny home. My vision is to have concerts, jam sessions, drum circles and other entertainment on this deck, bringing locals in the area together and help build a community in this up and coming area. There are several models of houses which can be shipped anywhere in the US. We find a place in Little Rock that will do them at 50% retail. A guy from the city who is responsible for sidewalks just let us know that I will need to put in 140 feet of sidewalk. And sometimes we'll have music come out of the speakers. This is an opportunity that has never existed before, and it's exciting to see how this program will empower kids to continue to learn music and solve new problems through 3D printing. I trust him. Asha Mevlana likes to make noise. That may seem a bit random after having lived only in big cities Boston, New York, LA, and Sydney. Becky from Citiscapes Magazine comes by the tiny house to do an interview for her magazine. There is no record of the phone call. They say they can deliver Thursday if we have a forklift. Its getting close. But compared to other houses for $80,000, in the area which would be complete teardowns and without all of the things I wanted, this price is actually a deal. Mevlana is the lead violinist for the group, and, in these videos, she is in her element. I don't want to climb ladders in the middle of the night. is that there are ladders to get to your loft bedroom. Lots of confusing markings and lines and numbers. I go to Howse furniture in Bentonville to look at the furniture for my tiny home. I have no idea how much things costI realized decking and siding would be expensive, but didnt even think about lumber for framing the house, deck support etc. And as you can see, this is a gigantic amplifier. They are all excited to look around and are continually blown awayby the design, the openness and beauty of it. There is no power at the site yet so they have to find a generator to borrow to run power tools. The house is up, but there is still a lot to do. He takes us on a tour of how the house looks now. If it is gone for good, then I have to be ok with that. This incredible tiny house is constructed on foundations but is joined by a mobile music studio on wheels, which also doubles as a practice space as well as performance venue. Especially because many are custom size. The impeccably designed tiny house has also been featured in Architectural Digest, Houzz, Country Living, GQ and Dwell Magazine. Violins are usually 4 strings but Mark has created a 6 and 7-string one as well, with FRETS! actually feels bigger than my apartment in New York City. I rethink many of the designs. They want to film me and Ryan at the house again. QUESTION: What are J-Channels? The house was created recently as part of the FYI network show, Tiny House Nation, and the episode featuring it aired earlier this week. She's an electric violinist who tours with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra rock band every year, and who has performed with Roger Daltrey of The Who, Alanis Morissette and other top musicians. "The experience with breast cancer really changed my life in so many ways, and one of those was life is not just about money and having things and collecting things," Mevlana said. I am lucky to have my brother, Z Niederman, who has really made this house possible. I never thought we would see this day. I say this is impossible and I need it tomorrow or they will not be able to get the house done in time. Screws will have to be painted the correct color. During the process of building my tiny house, I have met so many friendly people the construction crew building my house, my nephews teachers, people who work for the city, professors at the University, local musicians, my new neighbors and the list goes on. ft. portable recording studio and performing space for the owner. Not only do him and his wife, Gina, run their own full time business, 3Volve Housing, Z has also been instrumental in helping me bring this house into existence. I also decide to have a separate structure on a trailer (8'x20) which serves several functions a music space (recording studio), a guest room for visitors, and something I can drive around with if I want to take it to music festivals. Met musicians, the house has such great energy and I think its because so much love went into making this house. But I want this. Music Located in Fayetteville, Arkansas, Mevlana's L-shaped tiny home consists of two separate volumes joined by an open-air wooden deck. Spray foam is much quicker to put in and much less messy. We are also on a quick timeline and turnaround for the build. I went with these because my brother had extras for me. "To be coached by Asha Mevlana has been one of the most extraordinary and empowering experiences of my life. I decide against it. But it couldn't be just any tiny house. Most will arrive by the end of August. Normally this wouldnt be such an issue, except that when my brother turns it in at the office, it is extremely busy. There is massive amount of noise and John pulls me into the center to dance. I am always on the go, living out of suitcase. Doesnt seem too bad and Z definitely thought it was a necessity. It is starting to get exciting and I can now envision my tiny house! Inspector comes tomorrow and the plan is for spray foam to be installed the following day. I did a lot of research before building the tiny house and many people recommended spray foam. Originally from Arkansas, she returned here after college. I head to Ecovet at 9am to check out the showroom. Zack comes tomorrow and John comes on Monday because of his sons bday. Today we visit Fayetteville, Arkansas to tour a tiny house capable of booming sound. R-value tells us how well a particular construction material insulates. We shut down the street, we have block parties. Somehow the shipping company has tracked my crate and it is delivered today. There are many options but we go with Azek which has offers composite decking material rather than wood. The house is not totally completed and still has to pass inspection. Blackout shades are ordered from blinds.com! Im sure I will. This sleek, modern L-shaped house consists of two separate structures joined by a deck. Delicious, comfort food that is made with love. I ran to Townzen in a panic and met Nic Smith. Maximum trailer height is 13 feet. I have to decide quickly on the size of the house in order to move forward. Getting some light purple for the trailer and a grey for the main house.Bought builders insurance $525 for a $100,000 house. But Tidy Excavation shows up to dig trenches for the foundation footings. We spread out in the living room and kitchen while Ryan tries to edit upstairs. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It belongs to Trans-Siberian Orchestra violin player Asha Mevlana and adventure journalist Ryan Van Duzer, who both recently moved to town to be close to Asha's family. My friend told me that the beginning and ending of projects are always the hardest. They have moved the music/amp music trailer into place and it does not look like a tiny house. In the kitchen hangs a recycled bicycle wheel that, when turned, lowers the rack for pots and pans to an accessible level. [24], "Snow inside, striking lights, theatrical prog rock Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Pinnacle Bank Arena", "Too Young for This: Facing Cancer Under 40", "How the Darkest Moment can Lead to Life's Greatest Success", "ARIA Charts: Weekly ARIA Chartifacts - ARIA Chartifacts 22-February-2010", "Trans-Siberian Orchestra plays Birmingham, unwraps 'Lost Christmas Eve' with a flourish", "Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Live in der Porsche-Arena, Stuttgart", "Trans-Siberian Orchestra: Bollywood mtallique Forest National", "Adventure Film Festival features Boulder filmmakers, athletes", "Meet Ten People Who've Won Those Dream Travel Job Competitions", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Asha_Mevlana&oldid=1151287554, This page was last edited on 23 April 2023, at 02:42. Mom and dad flew in yesterday but I havent had a chance to see them. I'm also working on putting together a music festival called Fayetteville Amplified Music Festival, which brings in musicians from around the country. They use a laser level to measure the elevation difference between the street and the lot so we know how deep to dig the trench. More like a tiny house mansion complex. And most importantly, it looks like an amplifierbecause it is one. Appearance aside, there actually is a bank of weatherproof marine speakers built into the exterior of this 120-square-foot shed. and you're interacting with the audience. The price comes back at $14,000! Other issues that came up the washer and dryer will stick out too far from the wall. Part of me feels like I am cheating, since most of the houses I see on the show are less than 300 sq ft. This past July, I was accepted by Tiny House Nation participate in their television show on the FYI network. Tiles are ordered. Z wants to find another installer. Howse has two locations, one in Bentonville, one in Little Rock. So she applied to Tiny House Nation, and when she was accepted, she got to work. I call every other sheet metal person in town. It feels spacious because of the amount of windows and the expansive porch. Ryan and I are no longer allowed near the house. A Southern Californian couple says that a builder stole their tiny home shortly after they appeared on the A&E show "Tiny House Nation." Rebecah and Ben Richards decided to move with their two young daughters east to Nashville, Tennessee, so that Ben could pursue his music career. After graduation she moved to New York City, where she began working in public relations for Zagat Survey. Great news. I have found out through the building process there is a greater R value for less space and you end up saving on energy costs over time!