Or the married candidate with children who wants to commute? PTO. Application for Breeze Airways is usually made online, but occasional open day events or walk-in interviews could be available now and then. Let's have a revolving door policy. The founder of the airline is David Neeleman, the same guy behind JetBlue. I think all employees should be 'offered' this, otherwise its discrimination. Second, the airline is not paying for training washouts. Cops? Neeleman has done a great job building airlines with good cultures. . Being a flight attendant is a rewarding job. I flew for 11 years with a bottom feeder regional airline with hopes of advancing to a mainline carrier, however the tragic events of Sept. 11 2001 put a halt to my hopes of that plan. Always remember you can not teach experience and with experience comes good work ethics, greT customer service, and great safety habits most of all. Lol. Plus that will be a Logi$tical night mare . Improving our guests travel experience using technology, ingenuity and kindness.. I WAS really looking forward to applying with this new airline ,now after reading this maybe not. Now with what I know I won't even fly them as a passenger. That's the Breeze way. FA's have Marketing deciding to reduce the soft product, cramped hard product (BA J Ying/Yang). Im curious if Breeze Airways has success with this, or if we see the airline soon hire under a more traditional contract. Read More, A step by step guide on how to become a flight attendant by a former cabin crew. Spot on. Dave has always gone after the people that he felt had a great attitude and be taught the necessary job skills later. I think it is a good offer, regardless of the religious reason for it. This may also be an LDS recruitment push with the UVU requirement https://www.uvu.edu/visitors/aboutuvu.html#:~:text=Known%20for%20its%20high%20moral,biking%2C%20water%20recreation%20and%20more. Breeze Airways provides excellent service on and off flights and is a great, comfortable, and friendly airline. This should be illegal, except ACB Wikipedia reports that Orem UT, where the university is located, is 97% Mormon. Pay Your People, let them decide on college and housing on their own. On top of that, the mention of a monthly salary (rather than pay based on hours flown) as well as transportation to & from the airport does sound a lot like what youd expect at a Gulf carrier. 12 Flight Attendant jobs available in Milford Lawns, CT on Indeed.com. I guess we'll have to see which way it goes for them. Also does the degree actually have intrinsic value? You are making decisions for the passengers and crew. Choose your demographic. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. I don't think he is starting off so well. The washouts are. Plenty of people work while going to school. What's wrong with pursuing the career you chose and supporting your family for however many years you can? This is an automatic advantage that ME3 have, employing expats. While this job is a great and fun one, it comes with many responsibilities and challenges that its bearers must face confidently. I applied and was turned down. It smells of a con, we will see. fuel-efficient than other airlines, which means we saved 125 million gallons of fuel in . Typically, a credit hour reflects how many hours are spent in lecture or class time per week (so not including studying/homework/etc.). This is Neeleman's idea of giving tithings - only offering opportunities to Mormons. And if not, what is the value of such a degree for someone who doesn't want to work in the field? Consider this. Step 3:Read the job description and fill up the application form. Flight Attendant (34) Software Engineer (2) Pilot, First Officer (1) Airline Pilot (1) Customer Service Representative (1) Marketing Email Coordinator (1) Part Time Flight Attendant (1) A220 Direct Entry Captain (1) See more interviews for top jobs Away for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays and even sometimes funerals, continued nights out of bed, time changes, etc. Step 1: Visit www.flybreeze.com, click on their "more" option and click careers. Breeze Airways Flight Attendant Salary can range from $1,200 to $4,025 per month depending upon the experience and seniority level. Please note that all salary figures are . Must be neat, well-groomed, and have a positive impression. 4 year contract for part time hours, but otherwise seems more normal than their original Utah arrangement. The Salt Lake City-based airline has been making headlines for its unusual flight recruitment strategy that will see 18-year old university students working part time for Breeze Airways while completing their online college studies at Utah Valley University. Third, the move to online courses during the pandemic has not changed the fact that online learning, distance-learning, MOOCs, or whatever you want to call it, has had over a half-century to prove itself (from at least PLATO), and hasn't. I suspect this would quickly run into all sorts of messy legal issues. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. I would be curious about the terms of the contracts regarding dropping out. Why would some people deny that to flight attendants? Return. Okay, here are the perversions in this plan: First, the airline isn't going to do most of the recruiting selection. Here are some of the responsibilities a Breeze Airways flight attendant should take note of: To be a part of the Breeze Airways cabin crew, be sure to note the requirements listed below to see if you will fit the companys criteria. Training is Paid. $20 an hour. I interviewed at Breeze Airways (Boston, MA) in Aug 2022. Not sure why they never launched out and went all over internationally. Breeze Airways' Bizarre Approach To Hiring Flight Attendants. FA's have no say in this process, despite being the total front end of the overall product. They're serious businessa daily reminder of both our mission and our tireless pursuit to becoming America's Greenest Airline. Salt Lake City, UT. Discrimination against married candidates. Why? Class HM101- How to Make Coffee and other Drinks. Nothing new there, but as effective that might be as a marketing gimmick ("Singapore Girls", anyone?) Must live within 50 miles from Charleston International Airport. Breeze Airways pilots with David Neeleman. I have read Neelemans book about the founding of jetblue. Weekend availability +2. Since this is a public school, if they recruit local Utah residents, the in-state tuition will likely be much less. New flight attendants of Breeze Airways have a fixed monthly income of $1200. This four focus on Arkansas, Alabama, Kentucky, Florida, New York, Louisiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhodes Island, Texas, South Carolina, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. Referrals increase your chances of interviewing at Breeze Airways by 2x. Select Companions For Your Flight. Most American colleges & universities follow a semester system, whereby students complete two semesters per year, and in this case that will work out to 15 credit hours per semester. Working at Breeze Airways is an exciting endeavor and a serious commitment to bring "The World's Nicest Airline" to life. Pilots. We do our best to make team decisions, but often times it is just one person that will go to the crew and captain. Apply to Flight Attendant and more! At first blush, this hits me as creepy. Or, hmmm, maybe that's what he wants? Yes there are specific time frames for some of the jobs you mention. At least thats the only explanation I can come up with, though Id welcome other explanations and theories. My guess is UVU cuts them a break on the tuition because itll look good that theyve got all these employed grads. The process took 3 weeks. Im sure the college and boarding is part compensation, how about health insurance, and work rules? Don't we all want that? Wish me luck. There's some good and not so good with this scheme. It sounds like a good idea to begin with as the education system has been thirsty to stabilize how students learn. Your main responsibilities in this role include the following: I'm not sure how far the tuition reimbursement will go towards covering 15 credit hours per semester, but it is more than most airlines cover. Breeze Flight Attendant Full Time TPA Job Details. How many people in Utah fly everyday? Health . One Mile at a Time has written in the past about Breeze's controversial approach to hiring Flight Attendants, which requires being enrolled in college and living in company housing. This is a way to get great employees at a lower cost. I've written in the past about Breeze's controversial approach to hiring flight attendants, which requires being enrolled in college and living in company housing. Sure, there is a risk, since you have the front the fee at first, but if you are serious about it, it shouldn't be a problem. If it's being done through the guy who started JetBlue I'm a believer. When I first started reading about this coming airline I was excited. It would be a win win for people in certain situations. Of course its possible (and even likely) that in the future the company will hire under more traditional contracts. ; Final Interview- This is our chance to learn more about you and your motivation to work at Emirates as cabin crew. 1) to get around labor laws in terms of fair compensation (actual money, not just living accomodations, a pittance of a stipend, and tuition assistance). So they want hot young women. Should remain positive and kind, make the guests feel valued and appreciated. How would that work for a married couple.. Liked by Maria Gonzalez. Customers prefer to be around them. IF Mr. Neeleman REALLY wanted to help flight attendants get a degree - he can do what every other airline does - he can offer tuition reimbursement. Too many men on here looking for young chicks to feed their fantasies. Thus why most of us are union now, so they cant force us out and Lastly, Ive flown at 2 different companies. . Staff wont be able to work full-time under most circumstances, and tuition reimbursement isnt cheap, right (or is there some connection that Neeleman has here that Im missing)? Or they can simply change careers. Coaches? This dude wants a bunch of hot (blonde*) 19 year olds but you cant exactly do that these days. While being a flight attendant is an exciting job, there are responsibilities that a Breeze Airways flight attendant should take note of and remember. Too many men on here looking for young chicks to feed their fantasies. Well, lets wait and see. Sign in to create your job alert for Flight Attendant jobs in New Orleans, LA. Its nothing new. To a certain extent, there is something to be said for wanting to stack the ranks with LDS. Breeze Airways views flight attendants as interns. So if a candidate already has a degree they are not allowed. We work cross-functionally with truly awesome Team Members to deliver on our mission: Your job seeking activity is only visible to you.