I call bullshit," he said. Woodson said his sister Shannon couldnt attend the enshrinement Sunday because she is battling COVID-19. Watch the 2023 NFL Draft on NFL Network, ABC and ESPN from April 27-29. I love my mama, man. All rights reserved. Woodson shared that wisdom in his second stint with the Raiders from 2013-15 an experience he said was unlike any other as fans and the team welcomed him back with open arms. Among his accomplishments as a cornerback and later a safety with the Packers was winning the award as the NFL's defensive player of the year in 2009, being named first-team All-Pro twice (2009 and '11) and winning a Super Bowl in the 2010 season. All picks and predictions are suggestions only. Dealing with COVID, shes fighting, Woodson said. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses the Raiders' offseason moves, running back Josh Jacobs, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and more during the 2023 Annual Meeting in Phoenix. That comes from my mother., Charles Woodson sang to his mom during his Hall of Fame speech , Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 9, 2021. Former Raiders tight end Raymond Chester announces the Raiders' selection of Alabama defensive tackle Byron Young in Round 3 of the 2023 NFL Draft. Watch as quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo signs his contract and gives a special message to Raider Nation. Watch as Jan Thomas, representing the American Cancer Society, announces the Raiders' selection of Purdue's quarterback Aidan O'Connell in Round 4 of the 2023 NFL Draft with the No. The defensive back's career has run parallel to another league icon who will also be on the stage in Canton: quarterback Peyton Manning. Former Dallas Cowboys and Denver Broncos outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware reacts to being named to the 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame. Safety Marcus Epps talks joining the Silver and Black in free agency, taking on a leadership role, cornerback Tyler Hall and more. NFL Draft Hub: Latest NFL Draft mock drafts, news, live picks, grades and analysis. Mama, mama, you know I love you. Nine players heard their names called by the Las Vegas Raiders. Woodson used his 10-minute, teary-eyed speech to thank everyone who helped him get there, Hall of Famer Charles Woodson a leader forPackers both on and off the field, Rain curtails Family Night fireworks but fans still have fun, Packers GM calls Devin Funchess' slur 'very unacceptable', Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. Sister, I just want you to know were thinking about you, wish you were here, I love you. 7 overall pick by the Las Vegas Raiders. "Love everyone, give everything, never doubt, build your legend,". He also talked about his sister, Shannon, who unlike Terry Carter was not in attendance. That mentality of giving his all is what he believes he'll be remembered most for. From there, General Manager Dave Ziegler joins to discuss his mindset and preparation for draft night. I grew up an hour and a half west of here in Fremont, Ohio, Woodson said. View photos of current players on the Raiders' roster who began their careers as undrafted free agents. Members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, joined by the class of 2020 and 2021, gathered for a group photo in Canton, Ohio. Former Raider Brice Butler discusses the Silver and Black in Vegas, his career post-football and more. Watch Raiders legend Charles Woodson's full speech at the Pro Football HOF Class of 2021 enshrinement ceremony. 135 overall pick via a trade with the New England Patriots. His name is in the NFL history books among the top five in career interceptions (65), pick-sixes (11) and passes defended (183). The Raiders GM expressed his excitement to move forward with their new draft class. He said his passion and work ethic came from her. Charles Woodson receives Hall of Fame honors at Packers' Lambeau Field | FOX SPORTS FOX Sports 51K views 1 year ago Charles Woodson ULTIMATE Ballhawk Career Highlights! Your love is like tears from the stars, Woodson sang, choking up. My Draft Story: Charles Woodson recalls memorable draft night in 1998 Apr 18, 2023 Watch as Hall of Famer and Raiders legend Charles Woodson details being selected by the Raiders in the 1998 NFL . Woodson's 18-year pro career included him becoming the only player in NFL history with at least 50 interceptions and 20 sacks. But choked up as he was as the final inductee of Sunday's ceremony in Canton, Ohio, it still carried the same dignity and grace he displayed during his seven Hall-of-Fame-clinching seasons with the Green Bay Packers. On this episode of "Behind The Shield," a new era under center begins with moves made to prepare the Silver and Black for the 2023 season. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses the start of the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine, building depth for the future, the secondary and more. NFL players are supposed to be some of the toughest guys there are. No copyright infringement is intended, all videos are edited to follow the \"Free Use\" guideline of YouTube. Throughout my career, I can remember getting calls from my sister, periodically, whether I riding down the 880 freeway in Oakland or Lombardi Avenue in Green Bay, Woodson said. I call bull(crap). But the gravity of the moment Sunday night during the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement was too much, even for the guy wearing the ascot. Raider Nation Radio Q Myers is joined by General Manager Dave Ziegler to discuss the upcoming draft, the moves in free agency, running back Josh Jacobs and more. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. My passion, how hard I work, that comes from mother. No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the Las Vegas Raiders. We were national champions together. Watch highlights from new Raiders defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER. On this date in 1998, the Raiders selected Michigan defensive back Charles Woodson with the fourth overall pick. He also holds the Raiders franchise career records in forced fumbles (18) and passes defended (84). General Manager Dave Ziegler recaps Day 2 of the 2023 NFL Draft and looks ahead to Day 3. Watch highlights from new Raiders defensive end Tyree Wilson. It don't get no better than that.". Former Cincinnati Bengals defensive back Ken Riley named a finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. "So, it's a great honor to go into the Hall of Fame with one of the best to ever do it. Woodson participated in the Enshrinees' Roundtable featuring members of the Centennial Class of 2020 and Class of 2021. "You hear a woman can't raise a man. His mantra, repeated several times throughout the speech, was without you I would not be here. He spent the final three years of his career back with the Raiders, picking up his ninth and final Pro Bowl honor in 2015 at the age of 39. The others were Peyton Manning, Calvin Johnson, John Lynch, Alan Faneca, Drew Pearson, Tom Flores and Bill Nunn. Watch the best highlights from Raiders legend Marshawn Lynch's career in the Silver and Black. He was drafted No. 2023 by the Las Vegas Raiders. Get to know wide receiver Phillip Dorsett. *Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for \"fair use\" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. Former Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas receives a Hall of Fame knock from coach Jimmy Johnson. As his induction into the hall of the greats gets closer, Woodson is savoring every moment of the experience. "I tell people all the time that my first memories of going out there to the facility and walking around was hanging around Willie Brown," Woodson recalled. Defensive Player of the Year together. Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame Inc. hosted its annual golf outing and celebrity dinner. Stroud's pro day ahead of the 2023 NFL Draft. For myself, my brother and my sister. Aug 08, 2021 at 06: . He played in 154 games with 151 starts as a Raider and recorded 27 interceptions for 398 yards and 2 TDs. For more information, please read our Legal Disclaimer. She would just hit me with these three words, Hey little brother, I love you. It always seemed to hit me at the right time, to get me through the day or get me through the week. It always seemed to hit me at the right time to get me through the day or get me through the week. No one should expect to make money from the picks and predictions discussed on this website. My mama raised two of them., He referred to his older brother, Terry, as my rabbit, who I was chasing as a child.. Me and you. You havent been through anything, you havent fought for anything as hard and as long as I have. Watch highlights of new Raiders safety Marcus Epps. Defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera addresses the media following being drafted by the Silver and Black in the 2023 NFL Draft. A guy who really was a trendsetter when it comes to football players and kind of changing the game.". 170 overall pick via the New York Jets. Cornerback Brandon Facyson discusses his return to the Silver and Black, Patrick Graham's defense, reuniting with former teammates and more. General Manager Dave Ziegler addresses the media to recap the 2023 NFL Draft. Woodson is the first player in NFL history to record 60 interceptions and 20 sacks. A nine-time Pro Bowler and member of the NFL's all-2000s team, he was an easy first-ballot selection to the Hall of Fame. This is the fourth straight year in which Thomas has been named a finalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Watch as new Raiders quarterback Jimmy Garappolo tours his new home, Allegiant Stadium. Watch as linebacker Amari Burney is selected by the Raiders in Round 6 of the 2023 NFL Draft with the No. My mama raised two ofem.. 4 overall pick of the 1998 draft by the Raiders. Charles Woodson and Al Harris attended a cocktail party at Lambeau Field to honor their upcoming induction into the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. 2023 NFL Enterprises LLC. Pro Football Hall of Famer Charles Woodson was selected to four consecutive Pro Bowls (2008-11) while with the Packers and led . Learn more about Raiderette Rookie of the Year Lexie and what she loves about living in Las Vegas. Sister, I just want you to know were thinking about you. "Second time around, now I was able to really show what it was to be a Raider to the guys who were there at that point in time. *Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for \"fair use\" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. "GMFB" discusses who stands out among 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame class. Hall of Fame Georgia Woodson presents Charles Woodson | 2021 Hall of Fame Class Pro Football Hall of Fame defensive back Charles Woodson is presented by his mother Georgia Woodson. NFL Network's Jim Trotter discusses the Pro Football Hall of Fame candidacy of former Chargers head coach Don Coryell, former Dallas Cowboys safety Darren Woodson, former St. Louis Rams wide receiver Torry Holt and more ahead of NFL Honors on Feb. 9, 2023. And it was. No copyright infringement is intended, all videos are edited to follow the \"Free Use\" guideline of YouTube. Watch the full on-field workout from Notre Dame Fighting Irish tight end Michael Mayer at the 2023 NFL Scouting Combine. Watch as former tight end Raymond Chester discusses being selected by the Raiders in the 1970 NFL Draft. Momma, you know I love you. All other NFL-related trademarks are trademarks of the National Football League. While Charles Woodson has always been a stoic force on the field, the moment he found out he was going to be inducted in the Hall of Fame, his emotions came flooding out. CANTON, Ohio Charles Woodson typically was the best player on whichever football field he stepped. When the moment's real, it's real. And then for a lifetime to say, 'I'm a Hall of Famer. Raiders' star defensive back Charles Woodson will be the seventh and final speaker. Wide receiver Phillip Dorsett discusses signing with the Raiders in free agency, his familiarity with the offense, Allegiant Stadium and more. Your love is like tears from the stars.. The Pro Football Hall of Fame has released the official time and lineup for the Class of 2021 Enshrinement Ceremony. He started with his mother, Georgia Woodson, who was on stage as his presenter. General Manager Dave Ziegler addresses the media to recap the 2023 NFL Draft. General Manager Dave Ziegler addresses the media to recap the 2023 NFL Draft. Among the eight inductees, two Raiders legends in defensive back Charles . Representatives with Packers ties included Charles Woodson, James Lofton, Dave Robinson, Ron Wolf, and Jan Stenerud. He was the heart and soul of the 2010 team that won the Super Bowl. It won't mark the end of his celebration of. We did this together. You hear people say a woman cant raise a man. 203 overall pick via a trade with the Houston Texans. 78K views, 3.7K likes, 1.6K loves, 188 comments, 1.3K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Las Vegas Raiders: "Love everyone, give everything, never doubt." Charles Woodson can give a helluva speech.. https://goo.gl/Mf1TqVTo Become YouTube Member CLICK HERE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjMHSyvl832vbJjvKRC0nxw/joinCash App: $JoeyWagnerTheTruthDonate to PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/JoeyWagnerTheTruthSeatGeek Link: https://sg.app.link/teamseatgeek - JOEYWAGNER for $20 OFFPlease like, share, and subscribe!! Take a look back at photos of Woodson's career in the Silver and Black. Former Cleveland Browns left tackle Joe Thomas reacts to being named to the 2023 Pro Football Hall of Fame. NFL Network's Bucky Brooks reacts to defensive end Tyree Wilson being drafted by the Raiders. All rights reserved. 387K views, 2.3K likes, 864 loves, 124 comments, 569 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from NFL: The one and only Charles Woodson delivers an emotional, inspiring speech at the Pro Football Hall of Fame!. We were Defensive Rookie (of the Year) together. . Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. All betting content is intended for an audience ages 21+. On his path to the gold jacket over 18 seasons, Woodson won the 1998 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year, was selected to four Pro Bowls and received two first-team All-Pro selections. I remember the first thing that he would always tell us is that there are 31 other teams in the NFL and then there's the Raiders.". Now they meet again not as rivals, but as the best at their craft. Hall of Famer Fred Biletnikoff discusses his foundation, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, the NFL draft and more. Along the way Woodson referenced the two teams he played for in the NFL the Oakland Raiders at the start and finish of his 18 years in the league, and the Packers, where he had the seven seasons that put him over the top as a first-ballot Hall of Famer. The Las Vegas Raiders select defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera in Round 7 of the 2023 NFL Draft with the No. Head Coach Josh McDaniels discusses the 2023 quarterback prospects, wide receiver Hunter Renfrow and more from the 2023 NFL Annual Meeting in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm not going to cry.' Watch highlights from new Raiders defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera. Former New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis receives Hall of Fame door knock from Pro Football Hall of Fame cornerback Ty Law. https://goo.gl/Mf1TqVDISCLAIMER - All clips property of the owner. Packers Experiences powered by QuintEvents. Former Raider Charles Woodson's enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Sunday will mark the culmination of an entire life of hard work. But when I go back and think about 2002 and going through the playoffs (with Oakland) with a broken leg, and I think about the coach telling me, You gotta practice if youre going to play, and I had to go out there and run around on that leg every day and practice just to prove I could do it on Sunday. That includes a 2009 season in which he was named defensive player of the year. Former Packers S LeRoy Butler has been named to the Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022. When [Pro Football Hall of Fame President] David Baker comes up, you know what that all means," Woodson said. A teary-eyed Woodson then sang to her. Watch as guard Dylan Parham discusses his draft night experience. Tampa Bay Buccaneers legendary cornerback Ronde Barber receives Hall of Fame door knock from former teammate and Hall of Fame linebacker Derrick Brooks. I watched her every day as a child get up, work her fingers to the bone to make sure she provided for her family. Watch as former running back Mark van Eeghen discusses his draft night experience and being selected by the Raiders in the 1974 NFL Draft. Watch highlights of new Raiders cornerback Brandon Facyson. Raiders analyst Eric Allen talks with defensive end Tyree Wilson about joining the Silver and Black, learning from the veterans and more. Momma, youre the queen of my heart. Raiders.com's Eddie Paskal is joined by cornerback Nate Hobbs to discuss his mindset for Year 3, defensive coordinator Patrick Graham, his confidence and more. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. 231 overall pick. Love everyone, give everything, never doubt, build your legend, Woodson said at the end of his speech. Green Bay Packers news fromFanSided Daily, Rockets should be very excited about Jalen Green after Summer League debut, LiAngelo Ball was a flamethrower in his Summer League debut (Video), Josh Allen extension puts pressure on Ravens, Jon Gruden's leash and more, Neither Aaron Rodgers Nor Deshaun Watson Will Play in the Packers-Texans Game, Packers: Brian Gutekunst comes down hard on Devin Funchess for racist comments, Davante Adams fully jumped over a police officer at Packers camp (Video), Packers: Devin Funchess apologizes for using racist term in press conference. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Watch as Hall of Famer and Raiders legend Charles Woodson details being selected by the Raiders in the 1998 NFL Draft. Charles Woodson officially inducted into Pro Football Hall of Fame. After a fun-filled Hall of Fame weekend, parade and. If theres ever a time for the toughest of the tough to get emotional, its during an induction speech at the NFL Hall of Fame. He holds franchise records for the most touchdowns on interceptions (nine) and the most defensive touchdowns (10). Watch highlights from new Raiders defensive tackle Bryon Young. Take a look at photos of former Packers Tim Harris and Greg Jennings who were honored at Lambeau Field for their induction into the Packers Hall of Fame. Woodson was selected by the Raiders in the first round of the 1998 NFL Draft after winning the Heisman Trophy at the University of Michigan. No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the Las Vegas Raiders. Former New York Jets defensive lineman Joe Klecko receives a Hall of Fame door knock from Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback and beloved New York Jets champion Joe Namath. Defensive end Tyree Wilson discusses being drafted by the Raiders, his goals for his rookie season and more. One of his most poignant messages during his 10-minute speech was directed to his children. I watched her everyday as a child, get up, work her fingers to the bone to make sure she provided for our family. But once you go through life, you go through your own journey, and life throws its obstacles at you, when you turn 35, 40 years old, youll begin to understand why a grown man would stand up here and cry., He added: "Love your mother the way that I love mine.". The final speaker of the night, Charles Woodson, spoke at length about the love and respect his has for his mother, Georgia, who also served as his presenter. Former Dallas Cowboys linebacker Chuck Howley receives Hall of Fame door knock from Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Roger Staubach. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. I wish you were here. Watch newly signed quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo's best plays during his nine seasons in the NFL. Mama, mama, youre the queen of my heart. No portion of this site may be reproduced without the express written permission of the Las Vegas Raiders. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. And then when I turned around and I saw my two boys, my wife and my mom standing there, in your mind you immediately start running back all of the time spent at your craft and being able to get to that moment and what it takes to get there.". Photos: Charles Woodson delivers emotional speech at Pro Football Hall of Fame Induction Former Packers defensive back Charles Woodson reflected on his life and professional football career during . Take a look back at photos of Butler during his 12 seasons with the Green Bay Packers. Sirius XM NFL Radio co-host Jim Miller discusses the Silver and Black. Watch as former cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha tells his draft story from the call from Al Davis to his dorm going crazy after hearing his name. "I went out there and played my heart out each and every Sunday or whatever day of the week we were playing on. Former Dallas Cowboys safety Darren Woodson named finalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023. Look no further than my mama to find out where I get it from. Look no further than my mama to find out where I get it from, he said. The things we were able to accomplish, Woodson said before telling the fans to keep standing. Analysts around the media give their first impressions of the Silver and Black's 2023 draft. Partway through his speech, Woodson sang a verse from A Song For Mama from Boyz II Men. !DISCLAIMER - All clips property of the owner. The Las Vegas Raiders select defensive tackle Nesta Jade Silvera in Round 7 of the 2023 NFL Draft with the No. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. *Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for \"fair use\" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Manning jabbed former. Get a behind-the-scenes look as General Manager Dave Ziegler and Head Coach Josh McDaniels call rookie defensive end Tyree Wilson to tell him he will be a Raider. It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. Linebacker Robert Spillane talks joining the Silver and Black, his mentality, defensive end Maxx Crosby and more.