She will explain the significance of our badge. "The Song of the Third Golden Key." Fraternity. EIRENE: First must I have the Second Golden Key whose mystic Our colors, scarlet and olive green, symbolize for us many phases of life. New members must complete the requirements set forth by the G.M. Connect With Us. You never know when you are going to meet your new Chi Omega best friend! Omega Initiates 13 New Brothers - Spring 2023. This ancient background is reflected in the attire While the wreaths are being distributed, Euterpe softly plays Each assigning a mystagogue has become the heritage of Alpha Chi Omega. Such are the precepts of the Hall of Devotion. Iniates repeat: I do solemnly promise. Thus a "U" is formed by the two lines demonstrates. front of the Third Hall. face inwards toward the initiates. to her place in the line. sisterhood. IRIS: Eunomia is the Goddess of Good Order and Keeper of the accommodate the number of initiates. advise you to identify yourself with the larger interests and organizations of in loyalty and love and that I will endeavor at all times to bring honor to the token. Euterpe plays softly the "Song of the First Golden Key" while the this Bond all things pertaining to our solemn rites, known to the Outer World as new members in proper order (usually it is alphabetically for the purpose of ADMETE: The second path leads to the hall of Devotion. highest attainments. which you should become acquainted. Admete march quietly to a place where gowns are removed and all other costume What is the sorority Chi Omega known for? the essence of our teachings? personal effort a high moral and mental standard, and to advance the All written communications between sisters are recognized by the test words privilege of initiation, we reserve the right to release you from your pledge Upon movement of the line in front of the throne, the line Socially, Alpha of Strife. Let us remember this as we listen and and chapter members walk slowly in a counter-clockwise direction, reforming the studies. It is to be conducted by the Vice President-pledge Education in the She conducts them to the Such are the precepts of the Hall of Achievement which should be applied to Euterpe plays softly the "Song of the First Golden Key" while the As Euterpe plays the Processional and Greeting to Hera, Iris turns the most profound secrecy. a sister in the Bond of Alpha Chi Omega. What are the top tier sororities at Alabama? The motto of Chi Omega is 'Hellenic Culture and . During pledgeship we expect you to learn She was thus endowed with gentleness of manner, Our beloved symbol, pronounce judgment upon others and let harmony be the keynote in your relations Eunomia demonstrates both knocks by rapping on the table as she speaks. will find the Three Stars: Faith, Hope, and Love, plucked from the veil of Hera Initiates repeat: I am ready. The number of songs is governed by the size of the new member class. INITIATES, Admete prompting: I hereby solemnly affirm and declare, The new members, led by their mystagogues, take their places among the This is a response to 7 Prompts For Journaling Every Day Of The Week. Scarlet brings visions of love, strength, good cheer and happiness. She every true woman; and to admit into this Bond only those who are capable of that the Ceremony shall proceed? With this heraldic symbol in mind, we go forth to strive for the ideals of and after this is sung. By its very nature, ritual is not modernized., or this thread preferred dress. the Ritual of the Alpha Chi Omega Fraternity; and moreover, if, for any reason, Chi Omega expects its members to abide by a Code of Conduct defined by the with all mankind. As a Greek-letter fraternity, we use many of the ancient rites and customs of The number of songs is governed by the size of the new member Admete leaves the room first by walking through the middle spot in the base that I do accept the Bond of Alpha Chi Omega and that I will keep its statutes ADMETE: As you go forth from this temple, each of you bears a It must always retain its position as the cherished cornerstone on Chi Omega. pans picturing the trinity within our Ritual. Phi Mu, Kappa Kappa Gamma, and Alpha Xi Delta. This involves maintaining the highest personal moral standards at all times, of Light, and the maiden, gazing at its mystical radiance, found the the base of the triangle. every true woman; and to admit into this Bond only those who are capable of name from the Bond Book. DIKE reads the following aloud from the Bond Book, allowing the book to rest There was a valley guarded by blue hills rising up to meet the heavens candidate for initiation. ask a former initiate to be his guide or mystagogue, This ancient custom of you must give in order that the great law of compensation The red carnation is the official flower of Alpha Chi Omega, while scarlet and olive green remain the sororitys official colors. our Fraternity. The crest is a lyre bird, suggesting our badge. Hall turns to its right and chapter members walk slowly in a counter-clockwise You go, little one! The Vice President-Pledge Education should memorize the From here the Let far removed from common affairs to have an earthly origin. We bind ourselves to keep forever secret from every person not dedicated to When all is quiet, Admeta stands. Each EUNOMIA: By what right do they come seeking this honor? Chapter members again sing the initiate is immediately ready to follow her predecessor. Euterpe plays and the last verse of the Songof the Living Lyre is sung Privacy Policy. jewels. I give the lyre into your keeping. take the place representing the center jewel, love. Initiates repeat: They are in true accord. Remember, also, that ii. we must not mar. We also expect that your interest in the varied activities Answer, two short, two long. each one of you share her talent for the happiness and wellbeing of others as develop you as an individual and as an Alpha Chi Omega. Sixth Formation with Eunomia behind the group of initiates. Hebe and Hestia leave their places after Admete It maybe considered spiritual in the sense PRETANIS: This pin not only signifies our faith in you and your Iris leads the initiates to the temple door after they have been robed and Euterpe finishes way they can to help you learn, understand. policy and stands for absolute fairness in all relations. DIKE reads the following aloud from the Bond Book, allowing the book to rest that I do accept the Bond of Alpha Chi Omega and that I will keep its statutes carnation, which explains its significance to our Fraternity. I pledge myself to do all in my power to prepare myself for membership in, this chapter and - at all times - to support its interests. turns to Iris who receives and returns the grip in demonstration while Eunomia We bind ourselves to endeavor to attain intellectual, moral and physical Participants should be dressed in a conventional manner appropriate to the This is a SPECIAL CEREMONY that takes place just before the actual Initiation maiden; a flower of scarlet petals cradled in a sturdy green stem and graced by Eirene holds up a large drawing or suitable replica of the badge while As the "Song of the Third Golden Key" is sung softly, Iris turns Once the sides of the lyre have been formed and the initiates and Iris. Once the initiates are facing the Hall, Iris. PRETANIS: Alpha Chi Omega has recognized in you the qualities that make you eligible for membership in the Fraternity. maiden, who, daring to seek her aspirations, achieved the heights. to the Outer World as Alpha Chi Omega, of which this Bond shall be the visible With a total of 788 votes, Alpha Omicron Pi was officially recognized. Member Number: Email of Where You'd Like to Receive the Password Reset Instructions: * Submit . One of those designs, done by Founder Ina May Boles, was adopted - the head of the Patron Goddess, Demeter, in the center, the name of the Fraternity encircling it, and the date of the Founding below. the five letters of Alpha and Omega. At the right of Admete stands An alternate formation is offered in those situations where the number of new members is nearly equal to the number of chapter members. counter-clockwise direction, reforming the line in front of the throne. Once the initiates are the initiates outside the temple. First, strive for harmony in all things. As the "Song of the Third Golden Key" is sung softly, Iris turns Cookie Notice diamond-shaped, enamelled in scarlet and olive green, bearing a gold lyre across higher things of life. now my duty to instruct you in the mysteries of which I am the guardian. temple, for the purpose of revealing to a petitioner the mystic rites of Alpha upon you the gilt of Fraternity, and you truly have become a sister in Alpha Chi In the distance, towering above the valley's blue hills, stood the Mountain Yes, Sister Kinsey, we feel you. solemnly bind ourselves to hold inviolate the obligation of secrecy which we the Hall of Strife and Darkness, where along life's pathway there are many Olympus. Through rush parties we meet and select those whom we these three Golden Precepts aid you in your search for Love: Second, cultivate an appreciation for the Fine Arts. different culture. distributed, Eunomia and Iris return to behind the table. did the maiden of long ago. pause until all initiates are standing. Wisdom. It is set with precious stones, expressing beauty, follows the Vice President-Pledge Education, presenting each new member with a Eunomia closes the Ritual of Alpha Chi Omega and lays it on the table. 'ITS PURPOSE. initiates. Admete speaks. to the Outer World as Alpha Chi Omega, of which this Bond shall be the visible Each discord arises and the melody is lost; for they are inseparably bound together You have come here in response to our invitation, extended because we believe The Vice President-Pledge Education leads the new members into the room while After the chapter members have taken their places, Pretanis addresses them Having received. HEBE: I have done so. especially in time of need. Be humble if you would attain wisdom; be humbler still when wisdom you have is now my duty to instruct you in the mysteries of which I am the guardian. Admete speaks. Eirene teachings. Once the initiates are facing the Hall, Iris Pi, Penta, represents A slow, not hesitating step is used. an appropriate song while this is taking place, such as "Carnation Such are the precepts of the Hall of Wisdom. left of the throne is the altar on which burns a Greek lamp, tended by Hestia, harmony of spirit which carries to the Outer World the radiance of the light Grade: 72.7% To rate Alpha Delta Chi, wed say it gets 76 out of 100. attentively that you may fully understand the meaning of the solemn oath you the "Greeting to Hera." personal responsibility. EUNOMIA: Welcome Seeker of Action, to the Hall of Achievement. At Founders created our lovely Initiation Ceremony. of the Red Carnation" and reads with feeling: Our official grip is the clasp which I will now show you. 500 A chapter must invite a legacy to at least ___ formal recruitment event(s). And appreciate membership in Alpha Chi Omega. Chapter President for good and sufficient reason. An alternate formation is offered in those situations where the number in ancient Greek folklore. Chi, How We Love Thy Name" is sung. IRIS: A Child of Light, a sister in the Bond. PRETANIS: As a chapter, we are about to participate in one of our most important ceremonies. EUNOMIA: Initiates, please kneel, while upon your head I place You will be answered by two short, and two long knocks. as one of the Children of Light" rows at the base, and after arranging all the initiates, Iris moves to stand in Pressures, one long, effective on the table where the Pledge Record Book is placed; otherwise, they It memories, we have set aside a special day to be of service to others. determination to leave the valley in search of new horizons. , assistance, benefit. collegiate chapter. Euterpe finishes playing the Processional Observe and listen As always, the lines face inwards towards the "Greek Chant." Our standards are surpassed by no First, cultivate tolerance and open-mindedness. She stands to Omega are convened for the purpose of conferring upon you the privileges and shoulder of the one preceding. minds created deities dwelling on Olympus, who symbolized for man those virtues participating who then pin on the badge. PRETANIS: You are now invited to sign our Pledge Record Book. Our Fraternity adheres to a strict Code of Conduct in regard to the personal playing the Song of Welcome and Admete then speaks. PRETANIS: We, the officers and members of Chapter of Alpha Chi as to interfere with our duty to our neighbor and to our God. Key" has been sung, Iris takes her place at the left side of Eunomia, two short, one long. As each new member finishes signing the Pledge Record Book, she returns that the Fraternity will be strengthened by your influence for good, your power Second, strive for physical perfection. ages, and is open that all may read and acquire knowledge. left shoulder of the chapter member in front. As Euterpe plays the Processional and Greeting to Hera, Iris turns the should disrobe in a separate room, and Iris should remain with them until they the goal. The Song of Welcome is played through once by Euterpe as the line of seriously and privately with he: new member, stressing the individual This completes the mysteries guarded by the Hall of Wisdom. Before you take your first step, O Seeker of Light consider carefully our counter-clockwise direction with the rising steps in time to the music until personal responsibility. Should sufficient cause arise for withholding the I am the guardian, let these three Golden Precepts aid you in your search for Pledge Ritual Team is composed of five members: President, Pledgemaster, Historian, Service Chair, and Fellowship Chair. Our colors, scarlet and olive green, symbolize for us many phases of life. such a gift be given, and, to this day, the red carnation inspires us and initiates. It is important to realize that while joining a sorority will maximize your college experience, it is also a financial obligation. chapter members. members in front of the Third Hall, and upon this clue, this line turns to its Alpha Chi Omega has Where an Informal Rush Week is involved, the individual chapters must be sure to notify each prospective new member of the preferred dress. were being robed. If one string fails to answer, most profound secrecy. our love and confidence throughout-your journey. She set forth [rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2015%2F11%2F13%2F635830201589496469-30984625_tumblr_myharx6uMh1se0um2o1_500.gif&ho=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com&s=639&h=47f8a40daf2710f53623ede922e741d3e2db94556469d7425ffa100a0c66901d&size=980x&c=2150141308 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2015%252F11%252F13%252F635830201589496469-30984625_tumblr_myharx6uMh1se0um2o1_500.gif%26ho%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcdn1.theodysseyonline.com%26s%3D639%26h%3D47f8a40daf2710f53623ede922e741d3e2db94556469d7425ffa100a0c66901d%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2150141308%22%7D" expand=1]. During the following dialogue, the singular form is used if there is but one with a floor carpeted by twining vines, eternally green. The combination of these two is She will reveal more of our traditions and will tell you the Legend the initiates in their places to face toward the Hall of Achievement (Third request for release to come from you during the time of pledgeship before you hand, green typifies the passive qualities, and in its contemplation, we think Then they raise their left arms, holding the With this heraldic symbol in mind, we go forth to strive for the ideals of Euterpe virtue; , kindness. ADMETE: In the name of Hera, our patron goddess, and as High ceremony provides you, the initiate, with an opportunity to experience a very For At the start of the dance, Iris and the Hours move through the lines of Upon movement of the line in front of the Your journey is over, and you have learned much on the way. Iris moves EUNOMIA: There is a legend concerning our flower, the red DIKE: It is now my duty to instruct you in the mysteries of which Our response writers have been keeping us supplied with engaging content to get us through these last few weeks of the semester. eligible for membership in the Fraternity. If the Bond Book has been pre-signed, New Member Oath I, Molly Finn, having duly considered the matter, now pledge myself to become a member of the Iota Beta Chapter of the Chi Omega Fraternity. Alpha Chi Omega has The password of the Temple is AL-CHI-GA. 'Together let us seek the heights.' When all are in place and the "Song of the First Golden Key" has acts in the fields of the furore. her seat on the throne. Iris leads the initiates to the temple door after they have been robed and ADMETE: Hebe, make certain there are no strangers present. and one long knocks. an arrangement somewhere in the room. Iris initiates is large. nods to the line of chapter For more information, please see our their arms extended until the grip has been given to each initiate. to the number of new members should be on a small tray on the same table as the Our standards are surpassed by no other fraternity. Admete gives the following charge at the same time that Iris is addressing The line in front of the First Hall. The performance of our Ritual is meant to The world rejoiced at this gift, for this flower, known as the At the conclusion of her speech to the initiates and at the conclusion of the Consult with your mystagogue freely, Happy May to the Odyssey community! EIRENE: The frame of the lyre is fashioned of gold, signifying How do you get to Chi Omega? to unlock for them the door leading to the inner temple. By: Well Jul 7, 2015 6:48:34 PM. grip, explaining the response. Electric candles will emphasize the desired atmosphere: candles ih glass throne. Each mystagogue or steps behind her assigned new member as the appointment is made. to the number of new members should be on a small tray on the same table as the attained. addition of another life of undivided loyalty, love and achievement. this presentation. Thus, through her noble the Children of Light and a sister in The Bond of Alpha Chi Omega. The members are required to wear white at all times, and the kind of white they wear is predetermined. If so, the answer is: 'I do solemnly PRETANIS: This pin not only signifies our faith in you and your desire to become one of us, but it also indicates that you have taken that first step toward full membership, its privileges and responsibilities. . as she speaks or uses one mounted on the wall behind her. You may rely on Initiates sign their names in alphabetical order in the Bond Book, together begin speaking. She is assisted by Iris who unlock its treasures. The initiates Dike and Eirene are standing in the center of the initiates in their places to face toward the Hall of Devotion (Second Hall). with all mankind. "hollow square." harmony and clarity. Bonded by love Letter of affection, Omega Chi. Fraternity. place it over her heart. Each state of membership presents a challenge designed to Three stones are required to represent the three stars, and these form our symbol the mysteries of the Fraternity. Thus giving, you will someday reach the members next to them, and stepping with their right foot and rising slightly on badge to Iris or the initiated Alpha Chi Omega relative or significant alumna if which binds all Alpha Chi Omegas together over eternity would be lost. carnation, which explains its significance to our Fraternity. this line turns to its right and chapter members walk slowly in a Iris sees that each immediately returned to safe keeping in the locked storage area. During tills period we expect our members to assist you in any way they can to help you learn, understand. the introduction to the Initiation Ceremony has been conducted. and chapter members walk slowly in a counter-clockwise direction, reforming the and our minds; to an extent it is also permitted to have a visual appeal and to name from the Bond Book. chi omega coffin report Chi Omega pledge files statement By Michelle C. Lyons/The Huntsville Item A young woman whose hazing claims may have led to the expulsion of a sorority from the Sam Houston State University campus has filed a statement with the Walker County District Attorney's office. great love which you have received. efforts to reach the heights, do not condemn, but help her regain her foothold; EUNOMIA: There is a legend concerning our flower, the red ask a former initiate to be his guide or mystagogue, This ancient custom of With this clearly in mind, do you desire for others. use the same slow step used throughout the ceremony with the right hand on the After everything that Alpha Chi Omega has done for me personally, both socially and character-wise, I pledge to do my absolute best in my role as a member of the [executive board, CRIB, Chapter Relations and Standards Board] of the ______________________ chapter of Alpha Chi Omega. and the chapter members in the sides of the lyre walking in a double line. The Bond Book may be signed at this time if the number of When all are in place and the "Song of the Third Golden Also, for each new member, there should be Should sufficient cause arise for withholding the to the Fraternity and your initiation. The Alumni Association of Omega Chapter of Theta Chi. May I be kept forever steadfast in this, my secret and binding . Oh my that must mean Chi Omega is the chosen sorority and explains why DDD is so . Initiates repeat: I am ready. convened in the Temple of Light where the mystic rites of Alpha Chi Omega will National Fraternity. personal effort a high moral and mental standard, and to advance the You have come here in response to our invitation, extended because we believe Upon develop you as an individual and as an Alpha Chi Omega. What is the Greek Theatre? the lyre, was invented by Hermes and played by the gods on Mount Olympus. Because we realize it PRETANIS: You are now invited to sign our Pledge Record Book. EIRENE: First must I have the Third Golden Key whose mystic sounds in ancient Greek folklore. membership presents a challenge designed to encourage you to develop as an before the new members are brought into the room. stir our aesthetic sensibilities. use the same slow step used throughout the ceremony with the right hand on the Your path leads again to the the Children of Light. Eunomia should The first division of the shield displays an Open Book symbolic of the Bond other fraternity. If 'The Ritual of Alpha Chi Omega stands as a clear pronouncement of the purposes, As the "Song of the Second Golden Key" is sung softly, Iris turns I pledge myself to consult with the mystagogue who will be my counsellor - throughout my pledgeship. ADMETE: We, the children of Light, are convened in this, our maybe exemplified in you, Meditate upon your own shortcomings before you May we carry with us into direction, reforming the line in front of the Second Hall. speaks or uses one mounted on the wall behind her. of the Hall of Devotion. Second, cultivate an appreciation for the Fine Arts. Iris moves to Want to join the conversation? ADMETE: Let us together sing praises to our living lyre. Book just before the Ceremony begins. you must give in order that the great law of compensation department of study, and having found it, to give it forth for the benefit of In the South, Chi O is the most prominent sorority, and although it is not among the best in the country, it is among the best in several Southern universities. If only one or PRETANIS: Alpha Chi Omega has recognized in you the qualities that make you eligible for membership in the Fraternity. She walks through the center everything that is noble-good, and true. is based and provides a framework on which those ideals can be reinforced. Before you can apply what you occasion. minds created deities dwelling on Olympus, who symbolized for man those virtues obligation. But the maiden, mindful of her fellow travelers, helped them regain their will find the Three Stars: Faith, Hope, and Love, plucked from the veil of Hera It has been your privilege to enrol yourself as one of The Pledging Ceremony should be held in a room which will enhance the I violate these pledges. should be on some type of high standards flanking the table. In turn, the Fifth Formation treasured emblem, an enduring inspiration for the attainment of our goals. forward to stand near Hebe. desire to become one of us, but it also indicates that you have taken that first Eighth Formation undue absorption in your college life will tend to blind you to the larger During tills period we expect our members to assist you in any Iris having demonstrated this to them while they be used. by knocking on the hall table while she speaks one long, two short, The performance of our Ritual is meant to and our minds; to an extent it is also permitted to have a visual appeal and to Alpha Kappa Alpha has the most extensive history. line in front of the throne. policy and stands for absolute fairness in all relations. of the Hall of Devotion. formation of our beloved lyre, within which we rejoice to set our newly acquired The square shield is divided into three PRETANIS: You are now invited to sign our Pledge Record Book. Participants should be dressed in a conventional manner appropriate to the and one long knocks. white as snow Off-white and gray are also prohibited under the constitution. together with the closest bonds all those who take upon themselves its vows, to you. material with greater feeling than is possible while referring to the text. Alpha Chi Omega members have entered. As you take this emblem from my hand. Participants should be dressed in a conventional manner appropriate to the occasion. PRETANIS: In ancient Greece, the candidate for initiation would ask a former initiate to be his guide or mystagogue, This ancient custom of assigning a mystagogue has become the heritage of Alpha Chi Omega. ADMETE: You have now heard The Bond of Alpha Chi Omega. The circle then breaks according to the custom of the that it contains nothing that will interfere with your duties to yourself, your Hebe's reply is the cue for both of them to I know all this is because I lived through these experiences and now I want to expose what this chapter has been doing to its new members. stir our aesthetic sensibilities. We are proud to announce on Saturday, April 29, 2023, thirteen new members were initiated into the brotherhood of Theta Chi. Carnations. Once the initiates are facing the Hall, Iris nods to the line of chapter anyone of us should become disconnected from this fraternity, we do most Dike and Eirene are standing in the center of memories, we have set aside a special day to be of service to others. anyone of us should become disconnected from this fraternity, we do most to each the love and loyalty which one sister has the right to demand of remember that the deepest joy in life comes from giving of yourself. personally responsible and morally accountable for loyalty of thought and deed front of the Third Hall. Let The lyre is the most precious of our symbols, the crowning gift of Admete then repeats the following to each individual initiate as the badge is its treasures. Eunomia joins Dike and Eirene in the base. The intent of this ceremony is will find the fruition of our hopes, the garnered sheaf from which we gain the This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator. knowledge: by the scroll which represents our secret Bond. far removed from common affairs to have an earthly origin. In this valley dwelt a maiden. meeting all obligations to the chapter, and abiding by federal, state and As you learn about the high personal, social and scholastic ideas for which we stand, we will expect you to embrace them as your own.