He thinks Shelly is at Scientology's little-known Church of Spiritual Technology, a remote forest compound with prison-like security in Twin Peaks, California, near San Bernardino. . We put in three to five miles of pathways connecting the dining area to the production building to the staff housing, using stamped concrete pathways with glycol hosing in it. I think it was around $20,000.. "Just as you know this is simply the latest in his long string of harassment and stunts. There, he was going into the Sea Orgs prison detail, Rehabilitation Project Force (RPF), to do grueling, menial labor and to be interrogated by Gary Morehead and his security crew. But the fact is that Shelly Miscavige hasn't been seen by anyone for years, even though she was the one who played matchmaker between Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes on behalf of the church, according to the Village Voice. The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) is a California 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, incorporated in 1982, which owns all the copyrights of the estate of L. Ron Hubbard and licenses their use. When asked for a response, Pope was stunned that Pouweven acknowledged him at all. [17] Its founders included Meade Emory,[18] a non-Scientologist who used to work for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) but went into private practice as a tax lawyer. Pope estimates it is nearly33 acres in size. They took their work very seriously. Jefferson Hawkins | 18. David Miscavige: President. [86 Million Thin Dimes: The Lawrence Wollersheim Saga] | [Mike Rinder on spying], [Scientology in Israel: Arson, attempted murder, paranoia and a visit by the Voice!] (Hes now married to someone else.) The company has been registered US DOT since 10-JUL-01MCS-150 Vehicle Mileage reported . Just outside Hemet, the property still had its name from a previous owner, but there was little happy about the place. Trementina's ventilation house: Vault entrance? The base includes a number of dwellings and the archives themselves, the latter in a network of tunnels. I told him I understood that concept, but why the big logo visible from the air (which at that time was still being planned)? Sec-checking them, you had to sign a special bond that you would keep things secret. The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) is a California 501(c)(3) . Because once theyd identify you and they did theyd go to peoples homes and businesses and theyd try to get your landlord to kick you out, try to get your boss to fire you. [Scientology doesnt like Inside Scientology] | [Q&A at Washington Post] Many Anti-Scientology activists and whistleblowers think she's being held in a private bunker run by the church, in a fenced-off compound. [Paulette Cooper, Scientologys original and worst nightmare: a Thanksgiving tribute], 1. ], [CSTs complex lies just off Rim of the World Highway where it intersects with Lake Gregory Drive and Highway 189, called Squirrel Inn Road (this should get a chuckle from some readers Squirrel is Scientology jargon for heretic, and just about the worst thing you can call a church member. A more famous one is "The Hole" at Scientology's Gold Base near Hemet, California. My aunt, the familys original Scientologist, suggested I go to the EPF at Flag, he says, referring to Estates Project Force, the sort of boot camp that new Sea Org members go through, at Flag, the churchs spiritual headquarters in Clearwater, Florida. (Today, he notes, the RPF is no longer run at Happy Valley but at Int Base itself, which has a high wall with razor wire. Journalists and former Church of Scientology members say she's in a compound owned by the church right outside of Twin Peaks, California, deep in the woods by Lake Arrowhead. "I'm like a non-deadly parasite that is so itchy and annoying but will never kill them. But in 1988, that was still well in the future. The 2014 Vanity Fair article says Miscavige was responsible for restructuring the upper levels of Scientology, but she told a former Scientology member at her father's funeral that she had "f----d up.". It was pretty hard for me. But at the time, what upset him about it was that his interrogators were not following standard Scientology policy. Chairman of Religious Technology Center. [3], The Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) was incorporated by Sherman Lenske in Woodland Hills, California, on May 27, 1982. By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider Then, one day when he was at Trementina base, he got a call from Rimforest. ], [The mine site is just outside the town of Tuolumne itself.]. Trey Parker and Matt Stone | 21. Since his last visit, it hasbecome harder to see inside the compound. "The questions are entirely disingenuous since you know that Mr. and Mrs. Miscavige or anyone else for that matter would have no desire to see an obsessed stalker with a criminal record," Pouwwrote. And after passing that gauntlet, Gill was on his way to Rimforest. The wife of David Miscavige, leader of the Church of Scientology, has been missing since 2006. 1,205 were here. ], [The same spot on the ridge today, showing areas cleared off and several structures. [Giovanni Ribisi as David Koresh: Scientology-Branch Davidian link makes sense] The project began in the late 1980s. The organization has edited together several negative videos about his network of lawyers and activists fighting the church. Church of Spiritual Technology has preserved the writings and lectures of Dianetics and Scientology on more than 135 tons of archival books, stainless steel plates and nickel-plated records. "In short, Myers is a man with a criminal record who will do or say anything to spread his venom and hate-filled agenda. He was living in LA. Gill also installed generators at another vault site on the northern California coast near Petrolia, California. Taken together, the compound's perimeter was designed so that it isn't easyfor visitors to get inside. [Placido Domingo Jr.: Scientologys retaliation is scary and pathetic] I asked him to describe it to me. Your information will only be used for the purpose of administering this personality test and evaluation. In two so-called "Option Agreements" from May 1982, Hubbard granted CST the right to purchase at any time from RTC the "Marks", the "Advanced Technology" and all the rights to them for the sum of $100. Get directions on Google Maps. Thats where hes supposed to be raised and be taken care of, Gill says. Vote. Hubbard's texts have been engraved on stainless steel tablets and encased in titanium capsules underground. [Mark Chauppetta, private eye, explains what Scientology operatives look for], MARTY RATHBUN AND THE SIEGE OF SOUTH TEXAS, [Scientology has Rathbun arrested] | [Rathbun and Mark Bunker reveal surprising ties] Everything about his job, Gill says, was done on an emergency basis; each new order had to be treated with even more urgency than the one before, whatever the expense. ], [The Birmingham trove: 7,000 internal e-mails], [Australian farmer blamed for giving Tom Cruise a bad shrimp, loses her friends, family], [The curious career of Scientology rapper Chill EB], [Captain Bill Robertson and Galactic Patrol], [Scientology wants your money: Meet Dede! "For some reason, its a big secret. It was a huge deal. [Birmingham in the House! For years, Scientology sent executives to the place to go through grueling reeducation. They were about 17 to 20 feet tall, Gill says. The CST, however, includes "Special Directors" who are not required to be Scientologists, but who are required to be lawyers "to ensure that CST takes no action to jeopardize its tax-exempt status" (CST vs. IRS, US Claims Court No. It is a Church in the Scientology religion. Real life Garmonbozia anyone? As punishment, he was taken down to Happy Valley, a ranch near Hemet, California, and several miles from Int Base itself. "Graceful and smiling, she was always by Miscaviges side during virtually every meeting, every trip, every photo op.". San Miguel County Road C-56-A is to the right. Get directions to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at 14211 Twin Peaks Road Poway, CA. The capsules were still being researched. According to former church member Dylan Gill, who oversaw the building of the base,it was built in 1989 with a budget of at least $18 million. Joe Childs and Tom Tobin | 6. These materials are, in turn, stored in 2,300 titanium capsules housed in calamity-proof vaults to ensure the timeless preservation and survival of the Scientology scripture. In this case, Gill explains, a fellow member admitted to masturbating, and told his interrogators that the idea to do so had come into his head after Dylan Gill threw a condom at him. ], [The Lady Washington Mine site is near Yosemite Park, which is to the southeast of Tuolumne. The Squirrel Busters: [Goons with cameras on their heads] | [Rathbuns open letter to neighbors] | [Ingleside on the Bay, Texas rallies to Rathbuns cause] | [Squirrel Busters claim to be making a documentary] | [VIDEO: On a Boat] | [Anna sent to creep out Monique Rathbun] | [Squirrel Busters go hillbilly] | [A videographer blows the whistle on the goon squad] | [Ed Bryan, OT VIII, shows the power of Scientologys highest levels], [Secret Scientology documents spell out spying operation against Marc Headley] "I never, ever, ever saw them kiss," a former Scientologist and Sea Org member, told Vanity Fair. Gill was sent up to take over the estates secretary position, and would oversee a budget of about $14 million to fund 16 different ongoing construction projects at the Rimforest complex. 1-1 (1 Record) Documents. "Loving God and Loving People" TPCC is a mountain church that welcomes both local residents. [Aussie former rugby pro Chris Guider calls David Miscavige toxic and violent] The greater community of Crestline includes the neighborhoods known as Valley of Enchantment, Valley of the Moon, Cedarpines Park, and Twin Peaks. "I know that these jerks, if they ever had power, would come for me. [5], At the time of the filing for tax exemption, the following individuals held corporate positions at CST: The Board of Trustees was composed of John Allcock, David Lantz and Russell Bellin. Marty Rathbun | 4. It was like a bankers box, and youd have a place to fill it with inert gas, like argon gas, he says. That was one thing I did. Company: Church Of Spiritual Technology. phone . Steve Hall, a former Scientologist who left the church in 2004 after spending the previous 17 years at its international management level as a senior writer of its marketing materials, spoke to Business Insider recently about where Shelly Miscavige might be. David Miscavige | 3. United States. "Its even worse now. I blew days later, he says. In practice, this means inscribing and maintaining metal plates with Hubbard's writings inscribed, with "more than 135 tons of archival books, stainless steel plates and nickel-plated records,"according to the church. After pissing himself, Gill relented and agreed to go into the Sea Orgs prison detail, the RPF and even, for a brief time, be assigned to the RPFs RPF a prison within a prison. When asked about his work, The Church of Scientology's Karin Pouw called Pope "an unhinged lunatic desperate for attention" and cited his record to deflect questions about Shelly Miscavige. ], [The entrance to the compound from Squirrel Inn Road. [What the ridge along Sweeney Ranch Road looked like in 2006, before CST began construction. You also have the option of receiving more information on Scientology. [X Factors Stacy Francis: Her first husband, Michael Sandlofer, answers abuse claims] Are New Laws Strong Enough to Coup-Proof the 2024 Presidential Election? I got married to a second-generation Scientologist, Gill says. Shelly's troubles became serious in late 2006, sources told Vanity Fair. Get directions on Apple Maps. ", "I'm a gay man. I was angry, I was gay, and I had a pope hat on. When Cruise married Nicole Kidman in 1990, Shelly was personally responsible for interviewing members of their household staff, Lawrence Wright writes in "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief.". By clicking Sign up, you agree to receive marketing emails from Insider The first time the Church of Spiritual Technology was mentioned publicly to Scientologists was by David Miscavige in 2000 at the New Year's event. Mary Florence Barnett's body was found dead with three bullet holes in the chest from a rifle, one bullet hole in the head, and both of her wrists slashed. According to the Los Angeles Times, the CST "is using state-of-the-art technology to protect Hubbard's writings, tape-recorded lectures and filmed treatises from natural and man-made calamities, including nuclear holocaust.". It didnt make any sense, he says. Its like an external library, Gill says. We're sure you'll find Twin Peaks Community Church has something for everyone. You may as well go on the mountain and get them in their natural environment, because Im the only one thats got that footage. Titanium doesn't burn or rust, so Hubbard's words are remarkably protected against any kind of disaster. Its a huge door with a timelock on it. Twin Peaks, CA 92391. He has been citedby courts for trespassing and has had several Temporary RestrainingOrdersfiled against him for following and filming Scientologists, which he says he's done in retaliation for Scientologists stalking him. She broke her wrist. Even among the Int staff, it wasnt well known. Plates etched, Compact discs copied. Ask a Scientology member about her, and they won't say anything. . [4] The Bylaws of CST were signed on June 7, 1982, by its General and Special Directors, who were at that time Lyman Spurlock, Rebecca Pook, Maria Starkey, Stephen A. Lenske, Sherman D. Lenske and Lawrence A. Heller. So why not go for them first?". I know what fascism is all about," Pope said. He knew he wasnt supposed to, but he talked to her anyway. Tommy Davis | 13. [All recent stories] | [What is Scientology?] But in 1988, as a member of Scientologys elite Sea Org, having signed a billion-year contract and promising to dedicate himself and his future lifetimes to the church, Gill found himself being driven up into the San Bernardino Mountains. I was told to come back, Gill says. Other ex-Scientologists tend to call the compound Twin Peaks, which is the name of another nearby mountain village. I was made to sign a Sea Org contract at 14, and was sent to Flag. [Lori Hodgson and Disconnection: No ones going to take my eternity away], [Hey, Scientology Celebrity, Heres Your Media Training Checksheet!] It is not clear what the purpose of the dishes is. According to the Scientology website, the Church of Spiritual Technology is not involved in the ecclesiastical management of Scientology churches or the delivery of Scientology religious services. The compound is technically run by the Church of Spiritual Technology, a division of the . Kendrick Moxon | 22. Tom Cruise | 5. Topline Hockey hopes to make the glide path to the NHL easier for New York City kids. Another time, he says, they came up with a way to reduce the number of times staff had to go into town: We put in a dry cleaning machine at the base so we didnt have to go outside to do that. Gill says the machine alone cost between $50,000 and $70,000 in that project. irresponsible and just plain stupid to discuss the whereabouts of our leader and his family.". Its a lovely place. ], [A Scientology spy comes clean: Paulien Lombards remarkable public confession], [Accidental leak shows Scientology spy wing plans to handle the, [Lori Hodgson and Disconnection: No ones going to take my eternity away], [Hey, Scientology Celebrity, Heres Your Media Training Checksheet! They are then placed in the titanium "time capsules." [When Scientology was hip] | [Sad: David Miscavige makes fun of his own fundraisers] You just cannot leave. as well as other partner offers and accept our, Church of Scientology/Handout via REUTERS. One person who has visited the compound is "Angry Gay Pope," the nom de guerre of an Anonymous activist who has staged protests against Scientology. Xenu, HELD ABOARD THE FREEWINDS: TALES OF THE SEA ORG, [Valeska Paris, held against her will from 1996 to 2007 on Scientologys cruise ship] She botched a corporate reorganization project for the Sea Org and clashed with her husband over how to do it. (Current members refuse to have anything to do with former members, leaving them isolated from their families and former friends.) MILE HIGH INCM H INC is an Interstate DOT registered company based in TWIN PEAKS CA. Frequency: 6545.000. [CSTs logo is carved into the desert floor not far from the vault entrance. And inside? His father doesnt see him and doesnt see Gills children. While you were in, everybody was just doing what they thought was right, he says. Preservation and archiving of L. Ron Hubbard's writings and lectures. Other examples of trademarks and service marks owned by CST are The Way to Happiness and The Way to Happiness symbol. Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) is a California nonprofit religious corporation formed in 1982 to preserve and archive the Scientology scripture and so ensure its availability for all future generations. As with similar vaults farther north in California, in New Mexico, and another one under construction in Wyoming, the point of the vaults is to store L. Ron Hubbards writings and lectures in the form of etched steel plates in titanium containers, as well as in other forms, so that his technology could survive a nuclear attack and help reform society in an apocalyptic world. P.O. (Many of the videos are available on his YouTube page.). And then he and his wife were both recruited to CST. I did my EPF, and thats when CMO picked me up, he says, referring to the Commodores Messenger Service, an elite group within the elite Sea Org that tends to be populated by young recruits. Shelly Miscavige her real name is Michele rose through the ranks of thechurch along with David Miscavige and becamewhat Vanity Fair called "the First Lady of Scientology." And I was given a lot of sec-checking. For a time, Gill paid towards his freeloaders debt. Scientologists who worked on staff would receive spiritual services auditing at discount rates. CST is an autonomous Church of Scientology outside of the international Scientology ecclesiastical hierarchy. As in the case with many other young church members, Gill soon started getting recruited for the hardcore Sea Org. Karin Pouw, the director of public affairs for the Church of Scientology, declined to discuss Shelly Miscavige's whereabouts with INSIDER. Mark Bunker | 8. So at this point, the vaults themselves were empty. The complex, built in the 1980s . ], [Scientology hates clean ice: The Fair Game operation that should turn your stomach], [Scientology hates clean ice, part 2: Another target, and the web as weapon], [Paulette Cooper, Scientologys original and worst nightmare: a Thanksgiving tribute], [Valeska Paris, held against her will from 1996 to 2007 on Scientologys cruise ship], [Ramana Dienes-Browning, marriage at 16, sexual interrogation, life in the engine room], [Melissa Paris, Valeskas sister: forced to marry at 16], [Scientology responds in typical fashion], [Mark Chauppetta, private eye, explains what Scientology operatives look for], [Rathbun and Mark Bunker reveal surprising ties], [Making news about Tom Cruise, Bill Clinton, and Tony Blair], [Ingleside on the Bay, Texas rallies to Rathbuns cause], [Squirrel Busters claim to be making a documentary], [Anna sent to creep out Monique Rathbun], [A videographer blows the whistle on the goon squad], [Ed Bryan, OT VIII, shows the power of Scientologys highest levels], [Secret Scientology documents spell out spying operation against Marc Headley], [Scientologys West U.S. spies list revealed], [Scientologys enemies list: Are you on it? [Scientologys West U.S. spies list revealed] | [Scientologys enemies list: Are you on it?] CST operates numerous bases throughout the western United States. Starkey gave the property to the Church of Spiritual Technology in 1993. Once Hubbard adopts a new body, hes expected to make his way to one of the CST bases. Attorneys for the church recently denied that she's missing, telling Us Weekly that Shelly Miscavige "is not missing. She and David Miscavige got romantically involved, married in 1982, and worked alongside each other in the upper echelons of the organization. [Scientology hates clean ice, part 2: Another target, and the web as weapon] Reel-to-reel players, for example, and other devices that could make use of the things that would be stored. Emergency workers learn battlefield medicine on the job. The first page of fifty photos from the raid by the Angry Gay Pope and Anonorange on May 15, 2010. We were still waiting for the time capsules. It's near Twin Peaks, California, about a 40 minutes' drive from San Bernardino. The vaults are the project of the Church of Spiritual Technology, a hush-hush . But he says he doesnt remember frightening Gill to the point of urinating. ], [Petrolias vault entrance, farther along the road, inland from the previous image. Close. This aerial view has notations by Angry Gay Pope. One way to look at Shelly's power is that she held watch over Tom Cruise, Scientology's most famous adherent. Garys a good guy. Callsign: WNTC250. "Those materials are "stored in 2,300 titanium capsules housed in calamity-proof vaults to ensure the timeless preservation and survival of the Scientology scripture.". Address. CSTs specific duty, unique among Scientology Churches, is to create and maintain an archive of Scientology scripture for future generations. [Tad Reeves: Scientology might listen to this guy] | [More Tad Reeves and family] [Benjamin Ring, LA deputy sheriff, wants you to spend your 401K on Scientology] She responded by turning him in, writing a Knowledge Report about the incident. If you had parasites would you tell everyone? He also spent much of his time at Trementina base, in New Mexico. "Someone had put pink ribbons on the ultrabarrier, on the fencing," he told INSIDER. Anti-Scientology Billboard Begs Kids to Call Home, Church of Scientology Wants to Put Up Another Giant Glowing Sign in Los Feliz, Plans Revealed For New Los Feliz Home of Silverlake Conservatory of Music, Tom Cruise Selling His Place in the Hollywood Hills For $13MM, An Introduction to the Long History of Los Angeles Cults. I like Mike [Rinder], he says, referring to two of the most prominent former church executives in the independence movement. [Melissa Paris, Valeskas sister: forced to marry at 16], SCIENTOLOGY VS. SOUTH PARK: INVESTIGATION AS RETALIATION, [Scientology targeted South Parks Parker and Stone in an investigation] And after a botched reorganization project in 2006, according to Vanity Fair, she disappeared from public life. She wasn't present at Tom Cruise's wedding to Katie Holmes in November 2006 and she didn't return letters sent to her for the holiday season. [Scientology dodges a bullet in Australia] | [Scientology exec Jan Eastgate arrested] Since 1995, hes been writing about Scientology at several publications. [Commenters of the Week] | [Thursday 2pm Stats!] An aunt was the first to get into the church, he says, and then her husband, Gills uncle. [1], A 1993 memorandum by the Church of Scientology International stated that the organization, is an autonomous church of the Scientology religion outside the international Scientology ecclesiastical hierarchy. "Theyre an endangered species. David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Scientology, is one of the best-known Scientologists in the world. CSTs compound, however, is in the mountains above San Bernardino, near Lake Arrowhead as Amy Scobee pointed out, even high-level executives at Int Base had no idea where it was. The official address is 25406 State Highway 189, Twin Peaks, California 92391. . What are Scientologists doing with their new Hollywood film studio? I was replacing the estates secretary, who was going to the RPF, he says. The compound is technically run by the Church of Spiritual Technology, a division of the Church of Scientology that ensures L. Ron Hubbard's writings will be preserved for millennia. The site is about a .mw-parser-output .frac{white-space:nowrap}.mw-parser-output .frac .num,.mw-parser-output .frac .den{font-size:80%;line-height:0;vertical-align:super}.mw-parser-output .frac .den{vertical-align:sub}.mw-parser-output .sr-only{border:0;clip:rect(0,0,0,0);height:1px;margin:-1px;overflow:hidden;padding:0;position:absolute;width:1px}2+12-hour drive east of Santa Fe. "We all had anonymous names," Pope said. )], [On the left, you can see the intersection with Lake Gregory Road, Rim of the World Highway, and Squirrel Inn Road. In furtherance of this purpose, CST is responsible for the long-term preservation of L.RonHubbards writings and lectures. [Russell Brand weds ex-Scientologists in wild ceremony] | [Skip Press on Haggis] ", According to former church member Dylan Gill, The Underground Bunker, a blog about Scientology, Pope estimates it is nearly33 acres in size, "The Hole" at Scientology's Gold Base near Hemet, California, and had to go through self-castigating punishments, he's an animator who's worked on two Emmy Award-winning shows, Many of the videos are available on his YouTube page. CST made a lot of trips to China to get a deal going on the time capsules and new e-meters, he adds. [An overhead view of the complex around the mine entrance, which is just south of the center of the image. ], [A review of Urbans scholarly history of the church] | [An interview with Hugh Urban], [The Money Machine: another blockbuster St. Pete Times investigation] The Church of Scientology denies that "The Hole" exists. Thats where LRH is supposed to go, when he returns, Gill says. It was pretty arbitrary, he says. I was working 120 hours a week, six days a week, and getting paid $18 a week. He would get bussed to Int Base to work, and then go back to Happy Valley to sleep. Church of Spiritual Technology No description specified. She was a member of the Sea Organization, an elite group that requires members to contractually commit to a billion years of service. Morehead tells me that he did R-factor RPF members to reality-factor someone was to intimidate them with the consequences of their actions and he remembers Gills time in the RPF. When Gill arrived at Trementina base for the first time, the airstrip was still being cut out of the desert. [Scientology spokesman Tommy Davis secretly recorded discussing disconnection], [Benjamin Ring, LA deputy sheriff, wants you to spend your 401K on Scientology], [Scientologists: How many of them are there, anyway? [Tom Cruise told me to talk to a bottle] | [Tom Cruise likes coconut cake] | [Tom Cruise has a sense of humor] | [Tom Cruise not a kook!] | [Paulette Cooper on Tom Cruise] The Internal Revenue Service granted CST's request for exemption through an official recognition letter on October 1, 1993. The titanium capsules were still in the planning stages, and much of CSTs work involved simply archiving all of Hubbards written and spoken words, organizing them, and xeroxing them on acid-free paper. Gill managed to get to Beaumont, then pawned his Sea Org ring to get enough to catch a bus back to Northern California. The films transition to Broadway is big, loud, diverse, spectacular, and sometimes clunky just like its hometown. It is, of course, possible that's entirely wrong. Youre dealing with so many projects and so much money, theres no way youre going to succeed. 2023 Village Voice, LLC. Today, he says hes much happier and doing well in Las Vegas. [19], Logo of the Church of Spiritual Technology, Licensing of trademarks and service marks, Creston, California (Creston Ranch / Whispering Winds Ranch), Petrolia, California (Sunset View / Eureka), Tuolumne, California (Lady Washington Mine), Trementina, New Mexico (San Miguel Ranch / Trementina Base), Trementina, New Mexico (San Miguel Ranch /, Learn how and when to remove these template messages, Learn how and when to remove this template message, removal of deterioration-causing acid from the paper, "What is Church of Spiritual Technology? Like the Twin Peaks compound, it's secluded and secure. SHELLY SPEAKS: Scientology Leader's Banished Wife Says She'll Get Out "Only One Way" [The Underground Bunker], [Images via Daily Mail; map via The Underground Bunker], Soak up the splendor of Jayne Mansfields Pink Palace. Spy operation against Washington Post writer Richard Leiby: [Part 1] | [Part 2] After seeing that his family was cared for with modest bequests, Mr. Hubbard donated the bulk of his estate to the Scientology religionnot to any individuals. [A roundup of Reitmans print reviews, and why isnt she on television more? According to plans filed with the Tuolumne County Building Department the facility features a 15-foot-wide, 250-foot-long-tunnel. Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) is a California nonprofit religious corporation formed in 1982 to preserve and archive the Scientology scripture and so ensure its availability for all future generations.