Sourdough bread, ciabatta, and focaccia are perfect for this sandwich and hold up really well. Meaghan makes lots of fun and amazing treats on The Decorated Cookie. 481. (I mean, seriously, people loved this thing: theres even a petition to bring it back.). I think next time I'll drizzle the balsamic on at the end because it seemed to make the sandwich a bit mushy with the liquid from the tomatoes. As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. This Grilled Cheese with Pesto and Tomato is insanely good and elevates a traditional grilled cheese. Im pretty sure, from my view behind the counter as customer, that Starbucks doesnt use a panini press either. For more flavor, add roasted tomatoes. Im not entirely sure, but I think so! Way better than Panera! It's a flavorful, delicious, and filling meal. My husband & I just finished a Tomato Jam & Mozzarella Panini. Serve with sweet potato chips or a simple green salad. Grill the chicken, turning once, until just cooked through. Cal. I added some red chili flakes for a little biteyum! Please, Panera, bring it back or you lose one customer, at least. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. While the tomatoes are roasting, combine all of the spread ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. (My husband claims its even better than Paneras because theyd often skimp on the roasted tomatoes and cheese, but when you DIY it, you can load up on the good stuff.). This post may contain affiliate links. Almond Hummus & Chopped Tomato. Repeat steps 1-3 to make more sandwiches. As soon as I tasted the tomato pesto, I knew it was the right taste! Invert sandwich. Advertisement. As I mentioned in the first paragraph, this recipe is more of an homage than a copycat. But it's really, really close! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. That was good because I wasn't sure what I wanted, breakfast or lunch. Place a pat of butter on the panini grill or in the skillet. I was a member of WW for 7 years, so I speak from experience. Thats a good question. I hate regular yogurt, too. You could even coat the outside of the sandwiches with a tangy balsamic glaze rather than butter. Thank you for promoting my recipe, Getty! Tomato Mozzarella Panini (Starbucks Copycat!). We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer), Fig, Caramelized Onion and Goat Cheese Panini, Chicken & Caramelized Onion Grilled Cheese, Do not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Use thick sturdy bread for this sandwich. Sweet N' Spicy Pepper Jam & Goat Cheese. Everyone LOVED them! And if youve made it, will you please leave it a rating below? The perfect solution for the platter-that-never-empties of cherry tomatoes and sungolds, thats been sitting on my counter for weeks. MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. If you're a fellow fresh tomato hater (SOLIDARITY! I had one question. This creates the same effect as the plates pressing against the sandwich in the panini maker. The pesto includes Parmesan cheese and I'm trying to keep away from it, but I couldn't think of a suitable replacement. Sounds great. And here are 31 Starbucks drinks for kids! Apply a thin layer of butter to the top slices of the bread. I used the last of our garden tomatoes and basil for this recipe. We use the Breville Panini Maker and it makes perfect paninis every single time. Spread both sides of bread with pesto sauce. One of the appliances I use the most in my kitchen is my panini maker. Tomato jam adapted from Modern Mediterranean by Melia Marden. Yum! Stir together chopped sun-dried tomatoes and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Heat the sandwich on the pan on low heat before serving. I am talking about oozing melted cheese inside golden buttery toasted sourdough bread. Roasted Tomato Mozzarella Panini have the classic Italian flavors you love. The cookie is a success everywhere I take it! The only real time-taker is roasting the tomatoes. Hi! So. 4 likes, 0 comments - Oh My Veggies (@ohmyveggies) on Instagram: "I love Panera's Tomato and Mozzarella Panini so much that I just had to make my own version at ho." Oh My Veggies on Instagram: "I love Panera's Tomato and Mozzarella Panini so much that I just had to make my own version at home. Prosciutto, Mozzarella, Tomato and Basil Pesto Panini (HD) Uri41574. Id suggest making the jam as directed, then eyeballing the amount of cheese youll need for the sandwiches. called tomato thokku. 3 Comments, Atoasted buttery panini with basil pesto, melted fresh mozzarella cheese, and juicy tomatoes. I can now grab one of my favorite sandwiches at home in a few minutesit's really good! Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bottom side is golden. Heat a large grill pan over medium-high heat. Cookie and Kate is a registered trademark of Cookie and Kate LLC. Apply a thin layer of butter to the top of the sandwich and place it on the pan butter side down. . Tomatoes - Use the best quality tomatoes here. Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Crush Cookies, Browned Butter Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies, Mississippi Pot Roast (Best Pot Roast Recipe), Levain Bakery Caramel Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies. Made with just 5 simple ingredients, this tomato mozzarella panini Starbucks copycat is a minimal meal with maximum flavor just like my turkey pesto panini. Drizzle olive oil inside both halves of the baguette. To make the jam: In a medium-sized pot over medium-high heat, combine the halved tomatoes, honey, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, salt and pepper. This recipe for homemade Starbucks roasted tomato and mozzarella panini also appears on Food Fanatic. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Youll be able to feed your kids any meal, which will help ensure that they are eating a variety of nutritious foods with plenty of play food sprinkled in. Required fields are marked *. You can skip it too. ), you can make yours without. Top each piece of bread with 1 ounce of cheese, divide the zucchini on top, grilled chicken, tomato slices and basil and the remaining cheese. Kisses from Brazil!! Mozzarella & Spinach Panini- $16 fresh mozzarella, baby spinach, bacon & sliced tomato Caprese Panini- $15 sliced tomato, fresh mozzarella, basil & pesto. That is a good question! I have some leftover jam from this post in my fridge and it still looks fine, so Id say a couple of weeks is a safe bet. Glad someone else agrees about the greeting cards. They now have an awful flat bread with minimal mozzarella. Slice, and serve. Triple tomatoes, y'all. $11.44. Arrange the tomatoes on the tray. Prosciutto Di Parma, Fig & Mascarpone. Another is to just serve the components separately, like a deconstructed sandwich then they can decide exactly what to eat and how many of the components they would like to eat. If youre so willing, I can offer you a delicious tomato jam, basil and mozzarella-Parmesan panini, which can also be made as a grilled cheese sandwich. Life is good. I want to make them for lunches! Made these for my family tonight. Thank you for the recipe!???????? Kate this looks amazing and vibrant!!! Mine are all too sweet. Tomato jam is such a cool idea, and Ive never heard of it before. Spread one slice of bread with the pesto, then sprinkle with pine nuts and top with tomato slices and fresh mozzarella. You can serve this as a sandwich (without toasting) or grill it for a crispy panini (with or without a panini maker). It's not a Panera copycat, it's an homage. Well! As both a freelance lifestyle writer and editor for a national teen magazine, Amanda spends most of her time creating #content. Place tomato slices on a rimmed baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper. See our, Please let me know how it turned out for you! Next, load up the sandwich! Affiliate details . However, being that I have an 8 and a 5 year-old, this poses quite a challenge. Place panini onto press and heat until cheese has melted, about 810 minutes (depending on the brand and type of press you use). You can either call it Tomato Mozzarella Panini or Balsamic Glazed Caprese Sandwich,. Season the tomato with salt and pepper. Track macros, calories, and more with MyFitnessPal. I have yet to meet someone else that hates going to the movie theater. Either way, it is delicious!! Market did not have Cuban bread so substituted French bread. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Core the tomatoes and slice them 1/3 inch thick. Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 8 minutes). Everyone wins. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. I used tomatoes I had dried myself and I had to use homemade whole wheat bread since I was anxious to try the sandwich and had no ciabatta, but all the tomatoes were just right! When ripe tomatoes are not available, try using chopped cherry tomatoes. 19%. All Costa Pasta is made with 100% Enriched Durum Semolina (the highest quality hard wheat flour available) which produces durable . Fill the inside with sundried tomato, basil leaves, and avocado. Question - can you substitute the shredded Parmesan for grated Parmesan? Assemble the sandwich just before serving. 42%. Add shredded rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken to make it a chicken Caprese sandwich. Onion - We love onions and the flavor and crunch they add. I love the Panera Bread panini and really want to make this for my family! This looks great! I would suggest rubbing the side of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Or you could put on a panini press at that point as well. All Costa Pasta is made with 100% Enriched Durum Semolina (the highest I will certainly make this recipe by the way, I love your recipes. It was fantastic! Do you think it is possible to make the jam in bulk and can it? 0:15. What is wrong with me?! what is on the roasted tomato and mozzarella Starbucks panini? Does it taste kind of like antipasto? Make the tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Using a small knife, score the ends of the . Next layer one bread slice with sliced tomato, onion, and jalapeos. Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons (about 8 minutes). Thx! The Brilliant Secret to Making Better Mashed Potatoes, 65 Super Easy Finger Foods to Make for Any Party. Pesto, cheese, and tomatoes make this sandwich fabulous! We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. I LOATHE movie theaters, and will do everything in my power to avoid having to go to one. But I won't judge you, mainly because I understand the aversion to Greek yogurtI eat it sometimes, mostly plain-- no "flavored"-- and mixed with other things (honey, fresh cherries, in a recipe like smoothies or as sour cream substitute) for the protein benefit. Lightly brush one side of each slice of bread with olive oil. He doesnt like tomatoes on a sandwich, but he loved this as did I. I may have to double the recipe next time! Thank you so much for posting this! Much. If youre already a member, invite your friends to join us too! Please refer to the recipe card for exact measurements of ingredients. Add balsamic glaze or reduction for a touch of sweetness and tang. Simple, delicious, served it with some BBQ chicken and it was a winner. It was delicious!! Tomato Mozzarella Panini Starbucks Copycat Ingredients This simple sandwich is made with just 5 simple ingredients: Tomatoes - Use grape or cherry tomatoes. I was going to try to make a cauliflower crust. Homemade Recipes basil, mozzarella, sandwiches, summer, tomatoes. Definitely going to be a new staple in my diet to add flavor to chicken, sandwiches, etc. Kate, I hate to break it to you, but: you used to be the apple of my eyenow, youre the tomato of my eye! Yum! It's a great meal and quite filling just on its own especially if you are using fresh mozzarella cheese. I used my electric grill to make panini because that sounded like more fun at the moment. If you buy something through our links,wemay earn an affiliate commission. Heres a fun seasonal project for those of you who have a surplus of cherry tomatoes. John Autry; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross. No forks or spoons required, justeasy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. Close the lid, and grill for about 5-7 minutes, or until the bread is evenly golden and the cheese is melted. While vinegar reduces, brush cut side of top half of bread with oil. Glad I found this recipe. Step 2. Fantastic recipe, my girls age 14 and 10 loves it ast their after school lunch! Do you think the jam could be frozen? Tomato Mozzarella Panini, also known as Caprese Sandwich is a simple Italian sandwich made with fresh juicy tomatoes, creamy mozzarella cheese, and flavorful basil pesto. , Can you tell me how much pesto your recipe yields? Even perfect as a picnic sandwich and my kids love it in their lunchboxes too. Close the lid, and grill for about 5-7 minutes, or until the bread is evenly golden and the cheese is melted. And let's be real, it's not like vegetarians have a ton of other options at Panera. But following the Division of Responsibility and knowing your job and your childs job makes it SO much more enjoyable. And, while my focaccia was a little thicker than the store-bought bread, the taste was exactly the same. Pack once it's cooled completely. 1 (8-ounce) piece Cuban bread, cut in half horizontally, 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, Back to Summer Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Panini with Balsamic Syrup. Update Notes:This post was originally published onDec 26, 2013, but was republished with, step-by-step instructions, new photos, tips, and a video in Aug of 2022. such a filling breakfast recipe, love it!!! I really want to like them, but I have some weird mental block about them. Place the bread slices on a cutting board (or work surface). I have so many home grown cherry tomatoes this year. Use the jam immediately or let it cool and store it, covered, for up to 1 month in the refrigerator. Scatter some basil leaves and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brilliant! Should I go Greek (gyro meat with cheese, onions, and . At our house "the rule" was that you were allowed to not like something, but only after you had tried it. Layer on some avocados to make it creamy. Or for people like me, who just cant get enough cherry tomatoes while theyre here. Take the bread and make two sandwiches, layering up the prosciutto, cheese, red pepper and basil for the filling. Yummy! Accessibility Policy Comment Policy Nutrition Disclaimer Photo/Recipe Policy Privacy Policy, The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Every case of Costa Pasta is inspected and packed by hand before it receives the Costa seal of quality. BBQ Chicken Panini. After taking the Tomato Mozzarella Panini off the menu, Panera replaced it with a totally inferior flatbread sandwich that was finished with a squeeze of lemon juice which would leak all over your hands whenever you picked . Tomato jam! I left it off of my copycat version as I didnt think it added anything. Ive made these sandwiches so many times. Arrange tomato slices in a single layer and then with mozzarella cheese. Why did I not notice how amazingly better this could have been-- I'd just being doing the basic tomato slice, basil leaves, fresh mozz-- slap it together and BAM-- even using regular basil pesto. Editors Tip: To soften butter quickly (aka if you forgot to take it out of the fridge beforehand), roll it out between two sheets of wax paper with a rolling pin or cream it in a stand mixer. Serving Size: 1 panini. If you don't have one, they will change your sandwich life. Your comments and reviews make my day, and they also help others find my recipe online. There are plenty of ways to level up your sandwich. Flavors were very good though. I hope you dont mind that I shared this link and a photo (with full credit) on my canned tomato jam post where I list this recipe as another option for awesome tomato jam. My husbands a meat eater so I added some left over rotisserie chicken we had in the fridge and he loved it. The best way to do it would be to enter each ingredient individually in the recipe builder. Credit: Bake for 2025 minutes or until softened and beginning to brown. About Contact Cookbook Recipes Shop Subscribe, Cookie and Kate receives commissions on purchases made through our links to retailers. *If you want to add some protein, feel free to add some sliced turkey or ham to this panini. Unfortunately, we don't have a Panera in our town, so what used to be a fairly frequent lunch stop in between weekend errands has now become a rare occurrence. Spread the outsides of the sandwiches with butter. Greeting Cards - Unless and until someone comes out with a line of cards for emotional cripples like me ("Hey, you're alright. I don't care. Top the cheese with a sprinkle of torn basil and press the other slice of bread, tomato jam-side down against the cheese to make a sandwich. 55+ Easy Dinner Recipes for Busy Weeknights. Gosh, all this griping about dislikes! Assemble sandwich by spreading one tablespoon of pesto on one slice of bread, top with tomato, salt and pepper, mozzarella, basil, and top with second slice of bread. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Service line of products. 6 - Now remove the cookware and parchment paper, apply a thin layer of butter to the top slices, and flip. Better. You can find a list of symbols to look for on packaging that indicate a product is certified kosher at this website: http://www.kashrut.com/agencies/. I feel like Ive had Make Tomato Jam on my summer bucket list for FOREVER. Apply a thin layer of butter to the top of the sandwich and place it on the pan butter side down. It had a magical combination of fresh and roasted tomatoes, along with a sun-dried tomato spread. 216 reviews of Costa's Family Restaurant "I came here for lunch today, but was told breakfast is served round the clock. Thank you! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Nicole is a life long vegetarian and the author of the popular vegan cookbook,Weeknight One Pot Vegan Cooking. Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat (375 degrees). Leave skillet on; cook 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is toasted. After coming to the US, I have tried every possible Caprese sandwich be it the Panera or Starbucks tomato mozzarella panini. . Your email address will not be published. Next, layer the cheese and tomatoes and finally drizzle with balsamic glaze. If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too. The Pesto Tomato Mozzarella sandwich is the perfect summer meal for lunch or dinner and great for picnics too while the fresh juicy tomatoes are in season. How about a gooey grilled cheese made with creamy mozzarella, slices of juicy tomato and fragrant basil! You can use any type of fresh mozzarella or even sliced mozzarella cheese. After you remove the sandwich from the pan, place it on a cooling rack so that the bottom doesnt get soggy. One is to let your kids make their own, so they put the ingredients they want on their own sandwich. Youll save time, save money, waste less food, and go into meals calm because your dinner is already planned. I miss that too. Cal. 1 - Take two slices of bread and spread butter on both followed by pesto. I have had SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) for over two years now and have been stuck on the very restrictive low FODMAP diet for almost 6 monthsI am always looking for FODMAP friendly recipes, and trying to come up with new interesting things to eat, which is very difficult. Instagram ⋄ Pinterest ⋄ Facebook, Subscribe to our email newsletter!