$745.00. Can I ask what you swapped to? It delivers exceptional accuracy and performance for the price. While Bergara is known for its full-sized precision bolt-action .22 LR trainers, that combine a centerfire-sized action and components with the .22 LR rimfire cartridge (see below), the BMR is centered around a rimfire-scaled action and magazine. And the wide array of options and finishes does just that. A modern-day classic at a lights-out price point, the Remington 700 ($470-499) is a hunting rifle that endures. Talking about calibers, most folks with firearm familiarity describe a rifle as being chambered in a certain caliber. My receiver does have the CIP cartouche stamped on it, and the barrel looks dirty from firing, and since there has been no ammo in my caliber on the shelves yet, it still remains a once fired rifle! Many of the updates are a technological trickle-down from their Paramount series of rifles. Support NRA American Hunter DONATE. The Casacde is a nice rifle. Granted, they have about 50 years of firearms manufacturing experience to draw on. We already have an account registered for email address There are also some nice options to modify the T3x Lite, including an interchangeable pistol grip and the option to use either a scope base or a Picatinny rail. Loaded with a maximum charge of Blackhorn 209 powder and a PowerBelt (another company under the BPI umbrella) Extended Long Range (ELR) projectile, the set-up could easily ring a steel plate at 300 yards. Why didn't you note that it didn't fulfill that promise? I know they are sister companies. Irrelevant now however. This, in my opinion as a later-in-life hunter, is a great way to get set up with your first firearm. Bergara or Bergarbage Challenge - Anyone near ABQ w/ a 300WM that shoots? "The attention to detail (accept for the Cerakoting) is impressive. Has a little of that corduroy sound from machining marks on the bolt but doesn't bother me much. Bergara B-14 Bolt Action Rifle Starting at $700 and maxing out at $1,100, the Bergara B-14 Series offers a. I am curious how Begara they are, and if the action is a 700 footprint. The biggest difference between models lies in stock production, with the action, barrel, and trigger systems unwavering. You can use a 2 piece savage 110 acutrigger base also. Additionally, she served a year as an AmeriCorps VISTA volunteer in Bridgewater, MA, coordinating volunteers for a therapeutic recreational facility. The weight of the rifle is about eight pounds. Bergara. Back to the CVA Cascade. I think it would make a dandy deer rifle for Ohio. Would you say the barrel taper is a #4 or #5? No barrel nut so make it a Remington! Pictured is the model chambered in .22 LR with an 18" carbon-fiber barrel. The Cascade was designed with smaller spaces (and hunters) in mind. Both in 308. It does have an MOA Guarantee from the Factory. The rifle is accurate as advertised. I am looking for a 308 20 inches and under threaded (would rather it be 18) and under $1000. One thing to note is that unlike the Bergara the 6.5prc is a long action in this rifle. Compare that to the Bergara or Tikka bolts with a significantly smaller OD. I am wondering how that cascade in 350 legend is myself. The chassis is set up to accommodate a variety of accessories, with top and bottom Picatinny rail platforms, as well as an ARCA Swiss rail section in the fore-end. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. While its design is influenced by competition rifles, particularly in the stock, it retains the moderate weight (7.3 pounds) and lively handling that a good big-game rifle requires. For just $685, this is a heck of a deal. Its a bolt action, so thats hard to mess up. I may earn a small part of the sale from links to any products or services on this site. Image courtesy of BPI Outdoors. OK. BPI Outdoors, Inc. Our Brands CVA; Bergara; Quake; Durasight; Powerbelt; Company About; Careers; Find A Dealer; How to Purchase Firearms Online; Period. Off the bench, the Switch is one of the most accurate guns weve shot. This is usually a plain jane synthetic stock option. I am very happy with the purchase. We review the Bergara B14 Hunter in a 6.5 Creedmoor. These cartridges are engineered to get bullets off to the best possible start by making sure the projectile is oriented as straight as possible in relation to the bore, which is done via steep shoulder angles, a minimal case taper, and tight throat dimensions. But its important to note that the astounding accuracy of todays off-the-shelf production rifles owes a lot to advancements in cartridge development. JavaScript is disabled. It combines a competition-style stock, a heavy barrel, and Bergaras smooth two-lug action, resulting in a 9.5-pound rig that can shoot club matches in summer and be used to hunt big game in fall. My only complaint about the Wilderness Ridge SP is specific only to the shorter SP models and that's the lack of the fluted bolt body. Has a great stock for the price point, actually has grip and texture to it as opposed to just being hard plastic like some others. I traded it off for something unrelated but my go-to hunting rifle is my Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather MB in .308! CVA doesn't provide a standard for what qualifies under that guarantee. Its just interesting to see. Shilen makes them for Remington 700's, so might be worth looking into. It is fed by an internal magazine with a hinged floorplate. It's bringing in some unique ideas, such an intelligent stock design, as well as thermal stability and great recoil system designed to keep you focused on your shot. But it turns out that I did find it handy. Just trying to see a comparison between the 2 if anyone has shot both of them. It is smooth, reliable, strong, and safe. Recoil was minimal, it was easy to learn on, and I carried it with me across miles of Montana country easily. Bergara B14 RIDGE .308 WIN B14S501C. It may not display this or other websites correctly. This consistency makes bullet drop at longer distances easier to predict, leading to more hits on target. The BMR has a MSRP of $659 for the carbon fiber barreled model and $565 for the steel barreled version, given hunters, plinkers and entry-level competitive shooters an affordable and accurate rimfire. For more information on calibers, what rifle to use for which kind of game, and more, check out our buyers guide below the following rifles. Caliber is the size of the rifle bore and the cartridges (bullets) used for each bore. We sell them on our website when we have them in stock. Sad face. Right out of the box, the gun performed nicely. Yeah I bought my Ridge Wilderness about 1 week before they switched to the fluted bolt. And some come in package options, scoped and ready to shoot right out of the box. Bergara has become well-known for its five-step barrel-making process. This big brute isnt made for hauling into the mountains. And for most hunters, this makes for a phenomenal purchase. A few more pics to help sway you lol. First hunts for both in the last week. Over the years Ive tested dozens of new rifles, putting them all through the same rigorous protocol of shooting multiple 5-shot groups with different types of factory ammo. Perfect mountain weight! I wouldn't call it solid, as it sounds very hollow when rapping knuckles on it. So dont be surprised to see these cartridges offered in a growing number of production rifles. ". They were nice enough to send us one for review and here we are. Close . This is good, solid, thick plastic. They have a MOA guarantee . Plus, it has a threaded barrel for a ton of options that way. When it comes to long-range hunting rifles, I get asked two questions more than any others. Type your email address and well send This gets super nerdy, and if you wanna nerd out, Browning has a great film on it. Brownings latest delivers top-notch long-range hunting performance at an attainable price, as the company was able to shave costs by making the new stock in-house. The Bergara B14 HMR has a detachable magazine with a capacity of five rounds. The gun is simple, but with some bonuses. The action is a proprietary design. option in their Paramount Pro and new Paramount HTR. This rifle is a fabulous starting point, and I know because the Weatherby Vanguard Synthetic ($530) chambered in .308 was my first hunting firearm. Fitted with a Leupold Delta Point red-dot sight, we fired the Sidekick from a Bog DeathGrip tripod rest with the brace folded. I'm looking to keep the price around $1,000 (gun only). I sighted the scope at 100 yards, needing a minor adjustment of about 3. Break-in periods are misunderstood in the firearms community, I think. Need to get a scope base for it so I can get an optic on it and put some rounds through. With carbon fiber on the fore-end and barrel, and a skeletonized folding stock, the MPR weighs just over 8 pounds and is quite portable. CASCADE Blued/Charcoal Gray. Both in 308. This year CVA adds a Hunter or HTR model to their Paramount line of long-range muzzleloaders. The majority of the major firearms brands have an entry-level rifle. Bergara B14 vs CVA Cascade Particularly referring to the Bergara b14 Wilderness Ridge SP and the CVA Cascade SB. Out of stock Find A Dealer. Like the Winchester Model 70, the B14 uses a coned breech to aid feeding. The stocks feel great (Soft Touch Finish), very sturdy fiber-glass reinforced, are adjustable for length of pull, have real steel swivel studs, with 2 in the forend for 3 total. We hands-on review the CVA Cascade to see its performance vs its low price. Unlike shoddier injection-molded stocks, Howa created the pillar bedded over-molded stock with ergonomics in mind. projectiles. and 6.5 mm Creedmoor chamberings and 16.5 in .300 Blackout. and 2,000 ft./lbs. The model pictured is in 6.5 mm Creedmoor with an 18" barrel. I just bought a b14 ridge and only have 60 rounds through it so take this for what it's worth, but I like it. Im pretty sure the barrels are made by Bergara. And something I found was that it needs to break-in. Nicole Qualtieri has been writing about hunting, fishing, and the outdoors for8 years. It is free floated! It feels strong, it locks well in the rifle, and loading is easy. Not all rifles come in left-handed options. The steel blank receives a. And the T3x Lite ($680) is a great synthetic option for those looking for a bit of a lighter carry. My brother in law recently picked up a CVA cascade and seems like it was pretty picky with ammo he eventually sent it back for their accuracy guarantee and they gave him a completely new rifle. A shorter barrel length does mean that longer-distance shots will lose a measure of terminal velocity. Zero issues of any kind and the magazine was very solid. Customer Review on the .308: I was looking for a rifle that wouldnt break the bank yet was accurate and of good quality. It does retain 2 points though since it has a threaded barrel and that opens up a lot of options. Would you mind a few extra questions? Having the extra clearance between my hand and the scope was really nice, something Ive gotten used to after shooting Tikka rifles. As has been said, it is rigid. CVA has added the HTR, or "Hunter," model to their Paramountline. LOL! I got the Wilderness Ridge SP in yesterday. Copyright 2023 Pew Pew Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Browning pump. Pictured is the model with a Realtree Hillside camo patterned stock. Will primarily be hunting Whitetail within 400 yards. projectile, which is legal for hunting in a growing number of states, has the advantages of higher velocity and flatter shooting and retains more energy at 500 yards, than .45- or .50-cal. If you can recommend any other groups that would be great. Thats a sweet looking gun! To build the Competition Rifle, Bergara adds a No. This is an impressive debut for Daniel Defense, which is a newcomer to the high-end bolt-action rifle scene. CZ 457 vs. Bergara B14R Cyclops Videos Joe W Rhea 91.9K subscribers Subscribe 1.1K 34K views 1 year ago TEXAS CZ 457 vs. Bergara B14R .22 LR Shootout . This rifle would be competitive if it was significantly more expensive. Does CVA manufacture the rifle? And it does come with two front swivel studs so you can mount a bipod and a sling at the same time. The first is: What are the best rifles money can buy these days? Well, if you want an answer to that, pour some whiskey and pull up a chair because there are many layers to that question and were going to be here a while. The lineup starts with . This Smith & Wesson knife deal is worth Sign up for the Field & Stream newsletter and get the latest intelligence straight to your inbox. The CVA Cascade SB (Short Barrel) Series rifle. It should come as no small comfort for any patriotic American to know that the countrys firearm industry is vibrant and productive, still faithfully serving the needs of armed citizens, law-enforcement officers and military personneljust as it has for more than two centuries. At Long Shot, Bergara brought out steel and carbon fiber-barreled BMRs in .22 LR, topped with Leupold VX-Freedom Rimfire scopes. All barrels are given a match grade chamber, which Bergara says will give top accuracy, while still being compatible with 95 precent of ammunition on the market. And the wide range of calibers is nothing short of impressive. You are using an out of date browser. I haven't made up my mind on how I feel about that yet. And, if you need more than an entry-level scope down the line, you can level up as you grow. CVA; Bergara; Quake; Durasight; Powerbelt; Company About; Careers; Find A Dealer; How to Purchase Firearms Online; Shipping & Returns; Contact Us; The attention to detail is impressive. Unless this will be your ULW mountain rifle I can't see how those numbers are a detractor in any way. The 4140 carbon steel barrel and receiver on our camouflage-stocked test rifle were Cerakoted Flat Dark Earth. By signing up for email newsletters, you agree to GearJunkie's, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window). My friends same gun shoots MOA out to 200 yrds. in weight. Lots of thoughtful components have gone into the X-Bolt, but safety and accuracy have been built into the series since 2008. The Cascade ($499) is the first bolt-action centerfire rifle from CVA and man, does it deliver. Feels like good quality. And Im a recreational target shooter and lightweight into hunting would recommend this to anyone looking for a SOLID rifle with a decent entry-level scope. Brian M. Check Price at CabelasCheck Price at Sportmans. So, to answer that question about the most accurate rifles madehere they are. and the magazines do kinda suck for the 6.5 prc atleast, its kinda like a double stack and it never wants to pick up the 2nd round. The two brands are stalwarts in the world of firearms, and this setup will last the average hunter a dang long time as long as you take care of it. Whether birdwatching, route-finding, or hunting, you need the best binoculars to optimize your time spent outdoors. Two major things happened around the 50 round mark, one the groups tightened up a lot and two the bolt started to feel much smoother. The stock is very solid and rigid. The stock is as good as a factory synthetic stock gets. You must log in or register to reply here. The gas-powered operation of the semi-auto lends itself to a much lighter recoil than most bolt-action rifles, and its quicker to take a follow-up shot with a semi-automatic rifle. I was so impressed with the trigger and ergonomics, I'm going to grab one in 7-08 at the LGS and run some Tubbs bullets through it to short cut the break-in process and then slap the new Boyd's stock on it. CVA Cascade Matte Black Bolt Action Rifle - 6.5 Creedmoor - 4+1 Rounds - Black | Sportsman's Warehouse Hunting Hunting Close Menu X Back Archery Accessories Save up to $500 on select crossbows! Mine, in 6.5 CM, has turned in numerous bug-hole groups, including a .181-inch screamer. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. The accuracy is very good and I am happy I went the 300 Win Mag way as ammo is a bit easier and cheaper to get if you look for it. Found a couple boxes of 140 grain tipped gamekings anxious to try it out. The company claims the brakes three chamber design reduces recoil by 45 percent, taking down a magnum muzzleloaders .300 Win. Not all rifles come in left-handed options. After the break in, I had about 1.5 inch groups at 200 yds. So whats next? Support us! It is supposedly fiberglass, not polymer, and very stiff! Weve got a dedicated section for the AR-15 here. Select what level shooter you are! Something they dont tell about is the freaking amazing trigger these come with! The ridge has a heavier barrel than the hunter model and feels a little front heavy maybe. This doesnt look like a traditional hunting rifle, but dont let that fool you. Our unscientific shoulder test bears this out. You'll now receive newsletters of our best articles on techniques, Either way loved the article. Join F&S+ to read exclusive stories by your favorite writers. At Long Shot, CVA had their new Paramount HTR in .40-cal. Weve seen a number of tactical/hunter hybrids recently, but the B-14 HMR really nailed the concept. No Textile Left Behind: iKamper Apron and More, Made From Excess Tent Fabric, 2024 GMC Sierra HD AT4X: Luxury Off-Road Towing Monster, With Optional AEV Upfit, Perfect Portable Power Station: EcoFlow River 2 Pro Review, Watch Aldo Leopolds Passion for Conservation Take Root in Serve the Land, Gerber Pack Hatchet Review: Tackle Tough Tasks for Under $50, The Best Overland Water Storage Containers for Long-Distance Travel, Civivi Conspirator Nitro-V Review: The Budget-Friendly Super Steel Youve Never Heard Of, A Scope That Performs Without Breaking the Bank: Maven CRS.2 Review, The Best Backpacking Sleeping Bags of 2023, The Best Camping Mattresses and Sleeping Pads of 2023, From a Camp Chair to Kickass Layers: Best Gifts for Outdoorsy Moms, Best Gifts for Dad: Great Gear for Your Old Man, Best Outdoor Gifts: Our Favorite Head-to-Toe Gear for Any Adventure. It uses Bergaras Performance Trigger, which is M700 compatible. First, it lets you know when the barrel is too hot to touch. guns & Nearly as impressive was what was on the end of the Paramounts barrel. But you can find a wealth of them here. Learn all the important stuff about handgunswith none of the attitude. The LR-X is available with two stock and metal finish options and has an MSRP of $675. So if you want a certain camo dip or added extra on your rifle, youll prob shell out a bit more for that. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. with a flat dark earth cerakote finish and a Veil Wideland camo stock pattern. It provides no real world use beyond esthetics but IMHO it makes no sense for them to leave that off of this model when every other sub-model in the Wilderness Ridge line gets them. $99.00. It is one of the most accurate rifles out of the box weve shot. CVA branched out into the centerfire bolt action rifle market in 2019 with their Cascade. Would be better to compare Sako to the bergara premier. It's a worthwhile upgrade. Made in Spain, Bergara built this line to bring its lauded Bergara barrel accuracy to a line of hunting rifles that is affordable to serious big-game hunters.. Most of the time this is expressed in terms of the standard deviation or the extreme spread that we measure with our chronographsand the goal is to make that number as small as possible. One interesting thing about the bolt is that it is HUGE. I couldnt be happier with this rifle. 7 heavy taper stainless steel barrel to its Premier action, the heaviest barrel that Bergara puts on any of its production rifles. yes, they are bergara barrels, but I wonder if they are the exact same or more of a seconds barrel. Killed an antelope with the .270 opening weekend and picked up 3 coyotes with the .22-250 Sunday morning. The second question is: Whats the most accurate hunting rifle made? The answer to that is a lot simpler. We couldnt be happier. Working in the firearms industry is awesome, the range of firearms Ive gotten to shoot that I otherwise would have never laid eyes on is one of my favorite parts. The South Fork is one of the new rifles for PRS Production Class, which must cost $2,500 or less. It isnt a rem 700 action though. The Cascade SB features a black graphite cerakote finish with a Veil Tac Black Camo synthetic stock and has an MSRP of $670. My test rifle delivered terrific accuracy with a variety of factory loads. . What would recommend. My test gun printed many groups with factory ammo in the .4s, making it a great long-range hunting rifle. Due to this, the incorrect information has been removed but the picture remains so that readers can see what it is were talking about. now, if your shooting deer at a 100 who cares. I don't shoot 3-round groups because I do not believe that is enough data points for a reasonable conclusion, I also did not shoot match grade ammo since this is a hunting rifle, and I did not test a wide range of weights and brands like I would if I was seeking maximum potential precision. Im sure there are fancier rifles and better scopes, but for the price you cant beat it. The CVA Cascade is a high-value rifle. I was looking at getting the cascade or the XPR for the wife. Also new for this year, the company is making left-handed versions of the B-14R, just like their centerfire B-14 HMR. Just trying to see a comparison between the 2 if anyone has shot both of them. David has provided most answers, so let me add to it. One thing I noticed was when the bolt was pulled all the way back, there was a fair amount of . It is chambered in .243 Win., .270 Win., .308 Win., .30/06, 7mm Rem. Sign up to receive GearJunkie content direct to your inbox. Hand-Picked Daily GUN DEALS, and Exclusive Coupons Codes >>>. The bottom line is I wanted a rifle capable of taking down any kind of game in North America and I do believe this rifle will do just that., Check Price at Bass ProCheck Price at Sportsmans. This highly accurate, no-nonsense rifle is built around an excellent three-lug action that operates nearly effortlessly. If youre looking for something both specific and affordable, most of the models come in under $1,000. I'm really thinking this might be the action of choice to build cheap rifles on Hi guys. Image courtesy of BPI Outdoors. One thing to note is that unlike the Bergara the 6.5prc is a long action in this rifle. As is, its the best value in rifles, period. In the last few years there seems to have been a revolution of outstanding budget price bolt actionsso can one more make a splash? This year, CVA adds a SB Series to their Cascade line-up. True to form, Bergara says . Trigger pull is breathtaking, the best Ive had from a factory trigger with no work done. This allows the firearm to be quickly broken down for cleaning or transport. You must log in or register to reply here. I recently shot the CVA Cascade chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. CVA Cascade. $999. The quality recoil pad allows for better ease of shooting, and if youve ever shot a lightweight rifle, youll note that many do kick a bit harder without the weight. All rights reserved. I saw one at a local store but didnt have time to handle it. Be it shooting, upgrading, building, tinkering, or writing about them - sharing his passion and knowledge of firearms with others is an everyday occurrence. Mine is two position, so yes, the bolt will open when on Safe. Dec 3, 2022 Messages 14 Particularly referring to the Bergara b14 Wilderness Ridge SP and the CVA Cascade SB. Break open the action. Reviewers love the crisp Bergara trigger, and Bergara guarantees a 1.0 MOA or less at 100 yards with quality factory match-grade ammunition. Thanks. I don't particularly care for the "bladed Savage styles Accutriggers" on any centerfire", so a bare trigger appeals to me. The latest entrant in this field is the 6 GT, the brainchild of rifle builder George Gardner and Tom Jacobs, maker of Vaportrail bullets, and a world-class benchrest shooter. In the case of hunting big game like deer, the more popular rounds include the .30-06 Springfield, .308 Winchester, 6.5 Creedmoor, .270 Win., .243 Win., 7mm Remington Magnum, and the .30-30 Win. The individual review for the Bergara B14 Hunter can be found here. Well, kind of. A soft-touch finish gives the rifle a great feel. The .270 grouped better out of the box than my Ruger ever did. and are 36 or 38 overall, depending on configuration. -lot of features: for example, compared to a 1700 euros tikka t3x lite (yeah, in Italy a tikka t3x lite costs twice a b14 hunter), for example, a standard b14 comes with: factory cerakote treatment, no plastic parts (aside from the magazine), muzzle thread, better stock and recoil pad with more aftermarket support, better customer service. If I had to place them all in the order of my preference, it would be as follows. Bergara adds one model to their Premier line-up for 2021 with their Competition Rifle. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). For example, I spent the past 6 years shooting a Weatherby Vanguard chambered in .308 Winchester. Both in 308. I'm not sure, sorry. The result weighs 5.8 lbs. The result of all it is better accuracy. The rifle shipped to me had been test-fired before leaving the factory and that included mounting a scope. Im contemplating getting one in 22-250 and 6.5 PRC. Why would you want a mood ring on your rifle? Hunting rifles come in a wide and ever-expanding range of calibers. The Bergara Micro Rimfire (BMR). These CVA Cascade Rifles are a step up from all the other budget rifles in this class being chambered for straight walled cartridges. This continued for another 50 rounds or so until it finally settled down to a more respectable 1.4 MOA. Despite that, several 3-round groups I shot were well within 1 MOA -- thus fulfilling their guarantee. Are the sling studs separate metal studs? If that one more is the CVA Cascade then my answer is a surprised Yes, it can. The Hide Armory. Particularly referring to the Bergara b14 Wilderness Ridge SP and the CVA Cascade SB. BPI Outdoors, the parent company of Bergara and CVA known for their long-range precision centerfire, rimfire and muzzleloading rifles, has been barnstorming the country with their aptly named Long Shot Tour events, which gives members of the outdoors media a chance to go hands-on with their latest offerings. Strangely, there is no universal standard associated with caliber. Bergara; Bergara B14 HUNTER WILDERNESS 6.5 CM B14S112. . Mag. A .22 is a great gun for small game, but a .300 Winchester Magnum can put a moose in your freezer. And last but maybe the best part is that it is LIGHT. It has a lot of nice touches, including flush-mounted QD cups and an adjustable cheekpiece and is one of the most accurate rifles for the money. The Remington Model 700 comes in a whopping 17 options that range from small-game-specific to long-range and tactical models. Honestly, I couldnt be more impressed with this gun at the price point. Your hunting rifle is a key component of your ability to stock your freezer with wild game. If Im honest, the CVA Cascade was one of those. Plus, every CVA rifle component, whether manufactured on-site or sourced . Plus, $620 is a killer price point for a base rifle that has solid reviews all the way around. And if youre looking to punch up within your budget, this is a great place to stretch up another tier. Bolt-action, lever-action, pump-action, and semi-automatic rifles are known as repeating rifles. No URL's allowed, so just search the "CVA Official" YT channel for the Bergara Barrels Factory Tour Parts 1 and 2 from 2012. The one full-sized component of the BMR? Bergara is close-lipped as to what Round 2 of their Small Batch Series will be, but expect their second Small Batch product to come out later this year and, based on the response to the Sidekick, they plan to produce at least 500 next time around. The Accura is compatible with the Paramount muzzle brake system. Customer Review: I researched different options for a target range rifle and landed on this model. For their No. CVA has updated their Accura line of break-action muzzleloaders with an enhancement they call their X-Treme Series. And, for just $299, you can find a variety of base models ready to be scoped. Took it out shooting targets at 50 yards the afternoon [I] picked it up and it was right on the money out of the box. But it's okay if they are in other calibers. My Bergara Wilderness Ridge SP 308 with TBAC Ultra7 Gen 2 and Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x50 in Talley rings and rail came in at 9lbs 1oz or just under 8.5lbs without the can. Trying to decide between it and the Winchester xpr, I'm thinking youth deer rifle for my son. You simply dont have to take the time to pull the bolt back and cycle through another round. You can use a 2 piece savage 110 acutrigger base also. I just bought one in a 6.5 creedmoor mainly for a lightweight tree stand gun I slapped a leupold 4x12x40 on it that has the creedmoor reticle. Good magazines, awesome trigger, short bolt throw, metal thread protector, all of it tells me that this rifle was designed by people that care about their product and that use their product themselves. Swing is great as the gun is balanced perfectly.