Ricardo Rique Douglas (Mekhi Phifer) is a young man working at his mothers dry cleaning business who dreams of making it big as a rapper. After revealing that he awoke after his spirit left his body, Azie says that he discovered that his aunt and some other friends at his apartment were shot and killed in the ordeal; he was one of three who survived the shooting. The film follows their struggles and triumphs as they try to make it big in the rap game. Chiles has been arrested and charged with murder. Kevin explained that Alpo was being accused of 13 murders, and he believed that the less the jury heard about allegations involving him, the better. There could b a war going on and Me and u can pick up the phone. He played a role in drug addiction, and countless armed robberies of dope boys and their families. Kev also says that azie wasn't part of the govs case and wasn't in the actual paperwork that the gov used. Why he was arrested, who told and more. I wanted to write from the perspective of his family and close friends.. and out of respect for u and respect for me then its nothing #KevChiles #StreetPolitics, A post shared by Original Street Bible (@dondivamagazine) on Oct 25, 2019 at 11:12am PDT, A post shared by Faybach (@faybach_) on Sep 8, 2019 at 5:19pm PDT, #BrysonTiller #Serenity album teaser https://t.co/vKWhM05ChX pic.twitter.com/pHGcygmTly, Klout Kardashian (@MVPOnSMASH) May 5, 2019, FBI Documents Released Revealing Witness Claimed King Von Placed $100K Murder Bounty on FBG Duck, Tory Lanez Appeal Defense Attorney Team Member Jose Baez Gives Update, Troy Ave Dear Hater I Won [Album Stream], Troy Ave Responds to Maino over Fake Chain Allegations, Drakes Rescue Me Full Song Leaks Dissing Kanye West, NYC OG Kevin Chiles Leaks Azie Faison Paperwork Allegedly Being Connected to His Drug Case, Speaks on Aplo Martinez. At the same time, Alpo is often reviled as a snitch, a rat of the highest order who allegedly betrayed the street code to save himself, tarnishing his legacy in the chronicles of gangster lore. The original movie came out in 2002 and was a huge success. But not Fritz. Despite amassing millions of dollars, Fritz never moved out of his cramped apartment at 109 112th street. According to reports, on October 10, 2020, Kevin Chiles shot and killed Azie Faison Jr. in New York City. Embellishments rarely, if ever escape Hollywood but author Harlem Holiday isnt Hollywood. One distinguishing fact about Fritz is that his crew consisted of only two people: friends Ace and Charles Chucky Caine. Roc-A-Fella Films, which oversaw the project, contracted screenwriter Thulani Davis and director Chuck Stone. He explains that his sister's boyfriend, Kevin Clark, just got out of jail, and instead of setting him up with drugs to sell Azie said that he took care of Clark by giving him money and a car at first. In the film, Alpo is played by Wood Harris and is one of the main characters. Alberto "Alpo" Martinez before his arrest. And Fritz wasnt exempt, either. who played kevin chiles in paid in full. This leads to an all-out war between Calvins crew and Riques friends, which ends with Calvin being killed and Stevie being rescued unharmed. That situation with Rich left Harlem scarred and people have strong feelings about it. U.S. government backed the overthrow of Albanias government, Henry Kissinger signed off on Argentinas Dirty War. Instead of assembling a crew to handle the drugs like most drug dealers do, Fritz gave the coke away on consignment. The building he lived in was his headquarters, Ace says during our interview. We all had our own experience with the legal system and the other consequences that come with our lifestyle. Don Diva magazine, probably the longest-running periodical devoted to the drug underworld and street life in New York City and beyond, reported that Alpo was released on its website last week. I don't think it captured the essence of what it was like being a twentysomething millionaire in Harlem. Hes worked with some of the biggest names in hip hop, including Jay-Z, 50 Cent, and Lil Wayne. This week, Azie opened for the first time ever on why his name was in the case, citing that Alpo gave him paperwork in passing to give to Mr. Chiles. His five-year reign as crime boss ended in 1989. Who are the Characters Based off in Paid in Full? In this VladTV Flashback from 2020, Kevin Chiles opens up about his first federal drug trial, which lasted for 4 months, and he addressed why Azie Faison and Alpo didn't take the stand after. Recently Kevin Chiles have an interview at Hot 97 with Funk Flex where he discussed his case. His blueprint consisted of staying quiet, aloof from violence, and doing the opposite of what everyone else was doing. Bernard Thomas (August 22, 1948 - June 16, 2019), better known as Bishop Bullwinkle, was an American singer/comedian best known for appearing in the viral YouTube video "Hell to the Naw Naw". If youre a fan of hip hop, then you know who Kevin Chiles is. The film is set in Harlem in the 1980s and follows the rise of several young men who become involved in the drug trade. The two men were reportedly friends, and the shooting is said to have been motivated by an argument between the two. We call ourselves an urban lifestyle magazine. Fritz obscurity can be credited to his business acumen of achieving the impossible, doing something that hasnt been done. VICE: Now that we think he's out of prison, do you suspect Alpo will come back to New York? This leads to a violent confrontation between the two friends which ends with Rique killing Ace. What is up with Don Diva magazine for those who aren't hip? There is no confirmation that there will be a Paid in Full 2. I know this new generation is infatuated with what they think that the gangster lifestyle represents, but they have no understanding of the consequences and collateral damage it causes. Hes one of the most successful young entrepreneurs in the music industry. Back then, the crack epidemic was in full swing and young hustlers like Alpo, Rich Porter, Azie and Kevin Chiles were making a name for themselves by perpetuating the lifestyle and fashions that rappers would go on to emulate. If youre ever feeling down about your own life, just remember that its never too late to turn things around and chase your dreams. QB had a cocaine addiction that had a negative impact on her behavior, eventually destroying her relationship with Fritz. 431K views, 2.2K likes, 98 loves, 257 comments, 699 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from VladTV - Breaking Urban News: Azie Faison on Why Kevin Shot Him 9 Times & Killed 3 People in the Room (Part 15) The films title refers to the method used by street hustlers to pay for drugs; by selling crack cocaine on credit and then collecting payment later, often with extreme violence if necessary. As Farber shows in Crack, moving large-scale cocaine, running a crack house, or controlling a block requires precise planning, careful advertising, start-up money and reliable workers. This Robert Greene-like behavior (isolation is dangerous) distinguished Fritz from fellow-heavyweights such as Kevin Chiles, Faison and others who purchased elaborate homes in New Jersey or Long Island. Whats the Real Story behind Paid in Full. I could see a younger dude, on the come-up, try to make a name for themselves by taking Alpo out. Although their lives proved tragic, their everlasting stories served Hollywoods agenda. . Paid in full Follow me on Twitter. The name Alberto "Alpo" Martinez tends to elicit strong reactions. It starred Meagan Good, Wood Harris, and Omar Epps. It only took Fritz two weeks to get rid of the 15 kilos, earning the nickname The Consignment King. Soon thereafter, Ace was helping Fritz transport boxes of kilos from the Bronx to Harlem. etc. Chiles was born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. A man takes responsibility for his actions. Soul/Gospel. One day Bernard tries to get Azie to set his friend . Fritz left behind several children, millions of dollars in cash, and a brownstone, which he never lived in. If you believe in honest diligence, then you probably have an issue with Fritz putting 300500 kilos of cocaine into several neighborhoods. He brought attention to himself. In this VladTV Flashback from 2020, Kevin Chiles opens up about his first federal drug trial, which lasted for 4 months, and he addressed why Azie Faison and Alpo didn't take the stand after their names showed up in his paperwork. Who is Alpo Supposed to Be in Paid in Full? Genres. Kevin Chiles on Alpo & Azie Cooperating Against Him, Azie Denying It (Part 14) djvlad 5.26M subscribers 382K views 2 years ago Part 15: https://youtu.be/zCdqX_IncoA Part 13:. As much as Fritz kept his circle small, he was in total harmony with everyone on 112th street. The film stars Mekhi Phifer, Wood Harris and Camron. According to Fritz sister Evelyn Simmons, Fritz life was cut short in 1991 after he was poisoned.. This prophetic foresight proved correct. Paid in Full fell short in these areas., It isnt known what, if any, role Jay-Z played in Paid in Full but, Hov ironically rapped on Streets is Talking. I seen niggas before me with a chance to write their own story/ Slip up and change the script.. There's a certain principle or mindset that is put into play. The older folks in the neighborhood loved Fritz because he took care of them, gave money for groceries, and rent, money for their childrens back to school clothes, Holiday said. The writer of the Holy Quran and the Holy Bible said: Let there be light in Harlem. So, there was light in Harlem. One thing is for sure, though: Word of Alpo's apparent release from a little-known federal prison witness protection programthey're called "cheese factories" on the insideis resonating on the street. Ace is based on former drug dealer Azie Faison - who worked alongside Martinez and Porter. Along with his longtime partner, Erika "Reika" Carter, Kevin Chiles, the founder of Don Diva Magazine and a former Harlem kingpin, was in the thick of it.Chiles was charged with operating a . Before things ended, Mr. Chiles revealed that he hired a private investigator to work alongside his lawyer, which is how he found out Mr. Martinez allegedly received documents and passed them along to Azie. There has been talk about a sequel for years, but nothing has materialized. How did you learn Alpo was out? In his latest Vlad interview, Azie is breaking down what made him officially stop hustling. I knew if I could tell the stories of individuals who are respected in their communities like Larry Hoover from Chicago, Demetrius "Big Meech" Flenory from Detroit, Akbar Pray from Newark, New Jersey, Guy Fisher from Harlem Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff from Queens and The Chamber Brothers from Detroitjust to name a fewwe could help this generation make better decisions. Kevin Chiles is a character in the 2002 film Paid in Full. Paid in Full is a 2002 American crime drama film directed by Charles Stone III. Follow Seth Ferranti on Twitter and check out his book on Alpo here. Alpo was known as a trendsetter in crack-era Harlem, transporting hundreds of kilos of cocaine into Washington, DC, while flaunting his wealth and flamboyant lifestyle with cars, clothes and jewelry. What happened when Alpo killed Rich Porter? Azie Faison: Alpo Wanted Revenge for My Shooting by Killing Kevin's Mother, I Stopped It (Part 17) djvlad 5.4M subscribers Join Subscribe 7.1K 564K views 1 year ago Watch the full interview.