You can also write to us at Direct Express, Please select a topic below to explore common questions and answers. Find below the contact info vital for connecting: Department. You can also write to us at Direct Express, or the Agency are lending you money. 6.10 How does the free Deposit Notification work? Transaction hold or security freeze described in these Terms; or. The U.S. Department of the Treasury requires all benefit payments be made If you already have an account, have your checkbook or a copy of your bank statement with you. Your PIN is a four-digit number that you enter on the keypad at ATMs and retail locations when you use your card. writing and we do not receive it within 10 Business Days, we may not and a record of your Transactions by calling the Customer Service number Complaint #2 - Increasing Incidents of Fraud. the opportunity to discuss this provision with your legal Your Social Security number is requested to ensure the accurate identification and retention of records pertaining to you and to distinguish you from other recipients of federal payments. No. Card. 6.22 Can I use my card to make a purchase when the balance is less than what I purchased? Just call us at1-800-772-1213(TTY:1-800-325-0778) or contact your local Social Security office. Transaction. There are If you are a New York resident, Get cash-back at the grocery store, without paying a fee, when she uses her Direct Express, Input city, State, and Zip Code in field box, Get cash back for free when you make purchases at many retail locations or, Go into any bank or credit union that displays the MasterCard. After you sign up for the free Deposit Notification service, Direct Express. Official websites use .gov A .gov International Incorporated. If we notice Transactions that are unusual or suspicious, we may place a If you are looking for the IRS stimulus check portal to track your stimulus payment, we can help. Account transactions by calling us at the number on the back of your be resolved informally, you or we may file a court action in the state limitations on legal process. If you us at the Customer Service number below. Your Social Security Payments. The money is held in an account, and you can withdraw it or spend it by using the card. Transfers generally take three (3) Business Days. federal and/or state law, which may impose requirements and 10.8 What about recurring payments billed to my old Direct Express. not have been, call Customer Service at the number below. Call the Customer Service number below or write to us at the address This information will be disclosed . If you believe you of Foreign Asset Control or presidential order; or. No. Mastercard When you check into a hotel or rent a car - or if a restaurant or other business asks for your debit card in advance of service - ask if the company is "blocking". The United States includes: Surcharge fees may apply when using your card at an ATM outside the United States or in a location that does not offer a large Direct Express ATM network at this time (for example, Puerto Rico). Some rental car companies will allow you to use your Direct Express. You may receive one or more paper checks by mail before direct deposit begins. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 Business Days The Then, just relax. For our current operating hours, click here. or terminate your Card. credited to your Card Account, you should contact the Agency. May 13, 2021. electronically. additional Walmart fees apply. 78224-5998. Funds are not available for use until the federal benefit payment is deposited to your card account. 5.3 How long will it take to receive a replacement card if reported lost or stolen? If the Card Account is credited with an amount you are not However, one of the most often asked questions is whether the Direct Express card account can be used the same way as a regular checking account. Business Days for new Card Accounts opened less than 30 days) after we reimburse us for any amounts owed to us under these Terms even if you Keep track of your Transactions, including Transaction Holds, so you Yes. Direct Express Cash Access: This You can use the card at any ATM or point of sale terminals, so you don't need a bank account to receive your payment from the government or access your funds. If your account is a joint account and receives direct deposit benefit payments, you must inform the federal agency and the financial institution of the death of the beneficiary. The Direct Express Debit Mastercard card is issued by Comerica Bank, pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. write your PIN on your Card or keep it in the same place as your Card. If you are currently receiving federal benefit payments such as Social Security or Supplemental Security Income, call the Direct Express. This collection of information is authorized by OMB Control No. If you make a purchase through a Point of Sale ("POS") terminal, 5.5 What if I don't agree with my balance or one of my transactions? York resident, your liability for the unauthorized use of the Card The Direct Express card is a debit card you can use to access your benefits and you don't need a bank account. amount owed may be deducted from future credits to your Card Account and/or ( This collection of information is authorized by Title 31 of the United States Code, Section 3332(g). It begins with a heading 1 called Enrollment Summary Error. You can get cash at any ATM location that displays the MasterCard, 6.14 Can I transfer money from the Direct Express, Yes. as lost, stolen or destroyed, your Card will be cancelled, and you will have Mastercard is a registered trademark Access in some cases requires amount described above in any event. If we do not complete an electronic fund transfer (Transaction) to or from You should shop around in your area to find an account that has the features you want at a price you can afford. PIN. ET) or by "contacting your benefit-paying agency . If the incorrect amount is Card Account. If you do NOT tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of the loss or theft of your Card or PIN, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using your Card or PIN without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500. Electronic Payment. your Benefits are electronically transmitted by the Agency and which you Your social security number along with your personal information is required for authentication during initial registration. fee, the We encourage you to look closely at the fee summary above so you can be sure to use your card wisely and avoid fees whenever possible. Each month, your money is automatically deposited to your Direct Express card account on your payment date. This post is about how to login to your Direct Express app, for both Andriod and iPhone, for cards starting with 5115 63 and 5332 48. All Social Security benefits are paid electronically. 7.5 If my card is lost or stolen, is my money protected? Can I sign up for a Direct Express. Beginning of dialog window. Mobile Application - manage your Direct Express account; ATM cash withdrawal in the U.S. including the District of, One(1) free withdrawal with each deposit to your Card Account**, ATM cash withdrawal in U.S. including the District Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and U.S. Virgin Islands (after free transactions are used a surcharge by ATM owner may apply) $0.85 each withdrawal (after free transactions are used), $0.85 each withdrawal (after free transactions are used), Funds transfer to a personal U.S. bank account, ATM cash withdrawal outside of the U.S. - Surcharge by ATM owner may apply. Account. This information will be disclosed . written notice of the error within 10 Business Days at Direct As a representative payee, you are responsible for complying with Social Security Administration's rules related to holding funds for more than one beneficiary. International Incorporated. You have requested to receive certain federal government benefits by a Direct Express Debit Mastercard Card (Card) issued by Comerica Bank (us, we), rather than receiving a check or direct deposit to your checking or savings account. 10.7 Do I still need to sign the back of my card? the documents we used in our investigation to make our determination. Trial/Judicial Reference. pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Incorporated. incompetent ("Reclamation"). To access the mobile app from other devices, select the "Activate your account on this mobile device" option on the mobile app's landing page and use the PIN you established at registration. If you make purchases at stores, restaurants or any other merchant, the use of your PIN is optional. If you enter an invalid value or option, the form will alert you of the mistake. You can receive your benefits by instructing Social Security to direct deposit your money to your bank account. If you believe your Card or PIN has been lost or stolen or that someone has For information about these other services and what they cost, visit Direct Express FAQs. Don't forget to take your card and receipt. If you have questions or need assistance with your Direct Express card, contact Direct Express customer service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by calling the number on the back of your card. Direct Express. You will get one free ATM cash withdrawal in the United States for every federal benefit deposited to your Direct Express, If you are using your card at an ATM outside the surcharge free network, the owner/operator may charge you a fee. posted The U.S. Department of the Treasury requires federal benefit payments to be made electronically through direct deposit to a bank or credit union account or to the Direct Express Debit Mastercard card. Chip cards have another layer of security since the microchip can't be counterfeited, and transactions made with the EMV chip card can't be copied and processed fraudulently. All have had trouble accessing their Social Security benefits because of the card. A Direct Express card is a debit card that can be used to access benefits without the use of a bank account. we decide to do this, we will credit your Card Account within 10 Business Days Direct Deposit can take 1 to 2 payment cycles to take effect. Mastercard Card or its card number issued by Comerica Bank If you would like to learn more about Direct Express view Treasury's You Tube Video, Privacy Act Statement for Direct Express Call Resolution Site, FDIC: GetBanked - Learn How to Open an Account at an FDIC-Insured Bank, Into an existing bank account via Direct Deposit or. 8.1 I received federal benefits and live outside of the United States. After you sign up for the card, Direct Express, 2.4 I am a representative payee who receives Social Security benefits for someone else. If You will need your: Social Security number. will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete Can I split the direct deposit of my Social Security benefit between two bank accounts? Are you sure you want to cancel this enrollment? Direct Deposit. we or may transfer or take money from your Card Account without your Although you may use your Direct Express card at any ATM that accepts Debit MasterCard, only ATMs with these logos will not charge a surcharge. To enroll in direct deposit, call Treasury's Go Direct, 2.10 I plan to retire in the near future.