WebAbsolutely no alcohol, drugs or weapons anywhere on the bus (including in your under the bus baggage). Members access great rates and savings. Was led to believe that this was an organised One small carry-on allowed. However, there are some exceptions some buses have more reclining seats than others, and select routes have chairs that recline all the way back. The process is repeated until you reach your final destination. You are limited to containers of 3.4oz or less that fit in your quart-sized bag. Its some bomb - Call for the non-judgmental, non-coercive provision of services and resources to people who use drugs Moreover, If a package is being sent by Greyhound Package Express, the company will hold the shipment and make it available for pick-up at a designated Greyhound facility. Just chill out, be nice and enjoy the ride. In fact, even the most ardent wine lover will have to Theyre then loaded onto the plane and taken to the cargo hold. If youre eating something messy, make sure to clean up after yourself before you leave the bus. TSA Travel Tips Tuesday: Flying with Deodorant Isnt a Sticky Situation. You have the right to record video of immigration agents but do not to interfere with their activities. You can bring more than one litre of alcohol from duty-free but can expect to pay duty and Federal Excise taxes as you go through immigration. For checked bags, there is no limit! The rules are for your safety and many passengers do mistakenly pack some items that could become a danger during the flight. Lets leave the pouring to the pros! 3. Technically, any piece of luggage that you carry on to an airplane is a carry-on bag. Dismiss alert. That means you can pack plenty of clothing, toiletries, and books if you plan to travel long distances. Answered April 5, 2019. Keep your devices charged, right at your seat. WebTravelled west to east in 2013 on Greyhound and they made a 10 kilogram cocaine bust by going through one guys bag in Albuquerque. The driver will give you a claim ticket for your luggage. Do I need to take a picture of my greyhound pitbull open carrying? Your carry-on and checked bag will be included in the price of the ticket. Arrive at least an hour before departure. Wi-Fi is free on all Greyhound buses, and for all passengers. Thats cool with us! Track My Bus. Especially if you bring along the proper sleep aides. If you choose to bring a second checked bag, there will be an additional $15 fee, but this fee is waived if you purchase a flexible fare ticket. I'm guessing she's bringing weed, but she wasn't specific. We strongly recommend to clearly label all baggage with your name, address, and telephone number. I am planning a trip and considering taking the bus,I looked online and it says they prohibit firearmsbut nothing I could find about ccw.Amtrak allows It. First, you should be considerate of your fellow passengers and try not to make too much noise or mess. Usually a reboarding stop is necessary because the bus needs to be cleaned, checked out, serviced. Some people find this policy to be invasive, but others believe that its necessary to keep everyone safe. Yes please.I have never seen one like yours Yup. Its a common question we get here at the Greyhound Bus company- can you ship items via our buses? Checked Bags Allowed. There are a few different shipping options for greyhounds. Greyhound seats generally recline by about two inches, which is about the same amount of recline as on a regular airline seat. Here are some of the items you cant take in your checked bag: 2. If you have questions about TSA or the information presented here, please contact our AskTSA customer care team on Twitteror Facebook. Furthermore, Every day, there are hundreds of Greyhound buses traveling throughout the country. How much will it cost to bring excess baggage with me? Mini bottles of alcohol in carry-on must be able to comfortably fit into a single quart-sized bag. Yes, you are allowed to eat on a Greyhound bus. If youre asking yourself this question, dont worry youre not alone. Will I be safe on the bus? However, it must be in unopened retail packaging! A charge of $15 (depending on the distance traveled) will be applied to any baggage above the 62-inch limit. In fact, if I can find a teeny holster for my Jack Russell. You must log in or register to reply here. We dont check credit scores so this payment Book Now, Pay Later method is available to everyone. So, unless youre really in a bind, we recommend using a shipping company or sending your luggage via Amtrak. If this happens, try to sit near the front of the bus so you can see out the window and focus on something else besides the motion of the bus. But you shouldnt drink alcohol in your carry-on luggage. Our friends at Customs and Border Protection are in charge of the rules for bringing alcohol into the United States. Its not worth it! If you have an extremely large item that you need to ship, you can use our freight shipping service. Do not allow your cell phones to ring throughout this bus please as they do and they will disturb Greyhounds PAYING customers. Want to bring some air sodas on your next flight? You can bring a stroller in addition to your maximum baggage allowance and a car seat in addition to your carry-on. Lets dig into it and see where it takes us. Were not concerned about your race, your color, what you believe or where youre from. Each passenger on Greyhound is allowed to check one piece of luggage for carriage under the bus and bring aboard one small bag. Greyhound Package Express offers both next-day and two-day shipping options, so you can choose the service that best meets your needs. If its overflowing from the bag, that isnt comfortable. TheOffice for Civil Rights and Civil Liberties (CRCL) reviews and investigates civil rights and civil liberties complaints filed by the public regarding DHS policies and activities, which includes CBP. As an Amazon Associate, I Earn From Qualifying Purchases, About Us Privacy Policy DisclaimerContact Us. Another thing to consider is convenience. If youre eating something that has a strong smell, try to eat it before you get on the bus. greyhound.com and pay with cash at approximately 1,800 participating ACE Cash Express stores. No matter what you need to ship, Greyhound Bus can help you get it there. Also, If youre worried about your luggage being too heavy or taking up too much space, bring it to The UPS Store. Dont break the rules intentionally because its not worth the hassle when you get caught. Baggage allowances for Greyhound and connecting bus lines (except Mexico International Service). You will probably be in the station for around 30 minutes or so while Greyhound employees take care of the bus. Many bus stations also offer charging spots, so be sure to check before you leave. This way, you can avoid extra fees and make sure your luggage gets where it needs to go. Greyhound Package Express offers a variety of services that allow you to send packages and freight via Greyhound. Required fields are marked *. Cross-country bus trips can be a great way to see the country, but they can also be a bit of a pain. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. How much excess baggage can I take with me? You can either book on our website or app when booking your ticket. We dont check credit scores so this payment Book Now, Pay Later method is available to everyone. Greyhound has always been known for their low prices, but now there are allegations that they may not be as safe as people think. There are a few exceptions, however. If youre considering shipping your luggage instead of lugging it around, here are a few things to keep in mind. Second, youll need to take your package to a Greyhound station and purchase a shipping label. There is no running water and the toilet doesnt even flush. If youre worried about the health risks involved, you should consult with your doctor first. Can i take a rucksack as hand luggage ryanair? Shipping your luggage can be a great way to save time and hassle, but its important to weigh the cost and convenience factors before you make a decision. Baggage must not exceed 62 inches (157 cm) when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height). WebYour Greyhound ticket includes FREE transportation of baggage North America excluding Mexico - International 1 Carry-On Bag Store under your seat or in the overhead baggage compartment above your seat. Finally, there is a $25 fee for each shipment that is over 50 pounds. WebDoes Greyhound check your carry on bags? We are not going to sit up here for four-and-a-half hours listening to cell phones ringing throughout this bus, he is heard saying in the video. How easy will it be to ship your luggage, and how convenient will it be for you when you arrive at your destination? Immigration enforcement sweeps and searches by Department of Homeland Security agents, including Customs and Border Protection or Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents, have occurred in the past and may interfere with travel schedules and passenger experiences at Greyhounds bus terminals or on its buses. PO Box 660362-0362 We are proudly leading the industry with an innovative and flexibleBook Now, Pay Lateroption. WebCustomers now can book tickets online at www. In this article, well tell you everything you need to know about shipping luggage with Greyhound, including how much it costs and what the restrictions are. Stay inside and dont risk encountering an incident that could end your trip (or worse). First of all, Greyhound buses typically travel short distances between random stops so the drivers do not earn very much money. Alcohol over 70% ABV or over 140 proof: Para viajar en el Estado de Washington, puede presentar un formulario de queja a Greyhound si los agentes de DHS, CBP o ICE embarcan un autobs de Greyhound o realizan actividades de cumplimiento de la ley en las terminales de autobuses del Estado de Washington de Greyhound. However, one thing that can be confusing for first-time Greyhound travelers is how to return your luggage if you need to get off the bus at a stop along the way. This service is available for items that weigh less than 50 pounds and are less than 30 inches long. Your bags will arrive safely at your final destination, even if it takes a few flights to get there. You might not have cell service: This one can be a bit of a pain, but depending on where youre going, you might not have cell service. Most airlines keep their rules in line with government rules to keep it nice and easy. Greyhound is one of the most popular bus companies, and they offer a variety of routes that cover many different parts of the United States. TSA is committed to protecting privacy and securing personal information. Source: https://harmreduction.org/about-us/principles-of-harm-reduction/. In fact, according to one report, the average Greyhound bus driver only makes around $10 per day. One of the most important things to do when flying on a plane is to make sure your carry-on bag is properly screened. page. However, it must be in unopened retail packaging! WebSee 1 answer. So there are few rules we need to share with you. Type of Bag. We dont sell food or drink on our buses, so its a good idea to stock up on food and drinks before boarding (not alcoholic drinks though, theyre not allowed). So, next time youre wondering how to return your luggage on Greyhound, just follow the steps above and youll be all set. comments on Question: What Can You Take On A Greyhound Bus? LaOficina de Derechos Civiles y Libertades Civiles (CRCL) revisa e investiga las quejas de derechos civiles y libertades civiles presentadas por el pblico en relacin con las polticas y actividades del DHS, que incluyen la CBP. Often asked: How To Turn A Bus Into A Home? In fact, even the most ardent wine lover will have to abstain from taking a sip while travelling with Greyhound. Not at all! This service is available for items that weigh less than 150 pounds and are less than 70 inches long. 4. Premium shipping is the fastest option and takes 1-2 business days for delivery, but is the most expensive. 4. This partnership is fueled by PayNearMe, which provides the technology to facilitate cash payment options for Greyhound customers who may not have access to a credit or debit card. I wish this was true when I was in college. Additionally, small items like snacks should be placed in a clear bag for security purposes. Youll also need to arrange for someone to be there to receive it. Greyhound is a popular bus company that many people use to travel between cities. WebCan you bring alcohol on Greyhound? Before sharing sensitive information, make sure youre on a federal government site. You might have a favourite drink that isnt easy to find, be partial to your homemade liquor, or be trying to save some money by not racking up the mini-bar bill. If you travel with a wheelchair or walking aids, please refer to our Customers with Disabilities page of the site for complete details. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. How do I book and pay for excess baggage? The reason for this is that Greyhound is constantly being targeted by thieves, so they want to make sure that their passengers are safe. Customers are also limited to two pieces of luggage per person. Archived post. Second, try to avoid smelly foods that might bother other people. They are pretty basic and only contain a toilet and hopefully some toilet paper. However, there are a few reasons why tipping a Greyhound bus driver might be polite and acceptable. Sometimes airlines impose their own rules, so if in doubt, check with your travel agent or on the airlines website. Shipping with Greyhound is a simple and convenient way to send packages, large or small. What is the best seat on a Greyhound bus? Our comfy leather seats dont discriminate and neither do we. The plain fact is that more poor people take the bus because it is cheap. There are no restrictions for greyhound baggage. If the bags are more than 2, extra fees are charged. ATTN: Legal Department Its a little-known service that can save you a lot of hassle and its not even that expensive. And while sleeping on the Greyhound bus might not be the most comfortable zzzs youll ever get, it is possible. Please dont take photos, video or make audio recordings of Greyhound staff, equipment or procedures (most of us havent been to acting school and just want to do our jobs). The consequences for breaking the rules vary from having the alcohol confiscated to having your bags searched or, in some cases, fines. Check with your airline before bringing any alcohol beverages on board. Seriously the strong stuff isnt allowed in carry-on or checked bags! And if departing from a station location, you can also book and pay there. pressurized air tanks, including scuba gear, more than 4 oz of animal spray or repellent, chemical kits containing hazardous substances. Have you ever wondered what happens to your luggage when you have a layover? WebAlcohol under 48 proof is not considered hazardous and is permitted. Amtrak is lovely but much much more expensive (e.g. Greyhound Baggage Limits. This means that theyre not going to be the most comfortable seats in the world. When in doubt, do not answer questions about your citizenship or immigration status or sign any paperwork without the advice of a lawyer. Often rules for residences are stricter than rules for travellers passing through a state. Thats really all there is to it! Greyhound offers three shipping options: Standard, Express, and Premium. Transport giant FirstGroup has sold off three major bus facilities in North America for a total of 102m. JavaScript is disabled. If youre a night owl, the overhead lights are handy. 5. Keep the receipt! Click here to see our excess baggage fees. If youre looking to imbibe while on your trip, you may be out of luck. Traveling by bus can be a cheaper and more efficient option for traveling than flying. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Unlike at airports, different bus stations have different security precautions, so you'll need to know what it's like at each different stop if you're going to pull it off successfully. and if you just order the tickets online you For more details see our Title VI Notice to Beneficiaries (English Title VI Notice to Beneficiaries/Spanish Title VI Notice to Beneficiaries). We dont assign seat numbers, so you can take any available seat on the bus. For bringing alcohol in a checked bag, there is no limit. You may bring two personal items and two pieces of checked baggage with you on the bus. And even if it does make it on the bus, theres no guarantee it will arrive at your destination in one piece. Megabus. Youll also want to make sure that your package is clearly labeled with your name, address, and phone number. Greyhound does not provide packaging materials, so youll need to bring your own. First, youll need to package your item securely. For more information, see our. Greyhound is cheap and goes everywhere, but is the least pleasant possible experience. Book your vacation to Rye and many other wonderful places and pay later withTrip Support. You can refuse a search of your belongings by saying I do not consent to a search.. Additionally, Flight Attendants are not permitted to serve a passenger who is intoxicated. The answer is yes, but not as much as you might expect. If you developed a love of Jamaican rum from many fabulous nights at a beach bar on Nine Mile Beach, you might like to take some of that sweet liquid home to relive the memories. 14 Can I travel with an expired ID? You can read our discrimination policy for more information (English Title VI Policy / Spanish Title VI Policy). Austria. Sep 30, 2010. So yeah, would it be safe for her to transport using greyhound bus? For carry-on, same rules apply as above. This process, called bag screening, includes examining your bag for items that could cause a bomb or other explosives to detonate, such as checkbooks, passport and airline tickets, No person or group of persons shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Not including the time spent at bus stops. In general, though, its not allowed to smoke on buses in most states. Remember your earplugs and eyemask. 9 Does Greyhound have an app? Some (but not all) Greyhound stations, particularly in large cities, do have security checkpoints that you'll need to pass through before boarding the bus. Luggage must be no larger than 62 inches (157 cm) in combined length and width, and no more than 50 pounds (23 kg). Carry-On Bags Allowed. I know that often times, routes from Texas cities (particularly Dallas) and Memphis headed WebLiquids of all kinds often leak in checked luggage so put them all in leakproof bags first. American Civil Liberties Union) (ACLU) (212) 549-2500 Standard shipping is the most economical option and takes 2-8 business days for delivery. We dont assign seat numbers, so you can take any available seat on the bus. While most Greyhound buses do not have vending machines, some stations do have concession stands that sell snacks such as chips and candy bars. Check out our Instagram and see all the places you can #AffordToExplore. If you have a larger item that you need to ship, you can use our express shipping service. Checked Bag. I've ridden Greyhound before and no firearms means no firearms, including for CCW. Well also give you a few tips on making the process as smooth as possible. If we find your baggage, we can send it back to you as long as you live within the Contiguous United States (not including Alaska or Hawaii). Flexibility and savings are just some of the benefits of flying with Trip Support. However, there are some things to keep in mind. Snacks, drinks and plastic cutlery are ok on Dont try to sneak a swig! WebThe good news: Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed on the bus! You can watch your favorite shows, movies, and even catch up on your favorite episodes of your favorite shows. El uso de la raza u origen tnico como factor para realizar paradas, bsquedas, inspecciones y otras actividades de aplicacin de la ley basadas en la suposicin errnea de que una persona de una raza u origen tnico es ms propensa a cometer un delito que una persona de otra raza u origen tnico es ilegal. Alcohol less than 24% alcohol by volume (ABV) or 48 proof, like most beers and wine: Alcohol between 24% - 70% ABV (48 140 proof): Our airline partners and the FAA ask that you dont drink your own booze while flying. Finally, you can always drive your greyhound to their destination yourself. WebGreyhound Baggage Limits. When you ship luggage, it will be out of your sight and out of your control. Some items could be accidentally packed by inexperienced, tired, or distracted travellers, while others would be very unlikely to be in the suitcase of the average person (like the self-inflating avalanche rescue backpack). They are always ready to help our clients plan an epic vacation. So, the next time youre wondering what happens to your luggage during a layover, just remember that its being taken care of by the airline. There's no smoking allowed on the bus (its against federal law). You have to be prepared for anything. Nobody wants to be stuck sitting next to someone who is eating a smelly tuna sandwich. Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. WebAlcohol or liquor is permitted if its in your checked baggage or purchased after the security checkpoint for your carry-on, as long as it meets carry-on guidelines and the following: Alcohol content may not exceed 140 proof Up to 5 liters of alcohol per person between 48 and 140 proof is permitted And in West Virginia, Georgia, and Alabama its also allowed while the bus is moving but not while its stopped for passengers or idling. Para obtener ms informacin sobre la poltica de Greyhound en las bsquedas de autobuses sin orden judicial, haga clic aqu. Youll sit next to some interesting people, and you might even make some friends along the way. If you need a baggage tag you can download and print one here. Question: When Did Rosa Parks Ride The Bus? If you need to use the bathroom, youll have to wait until you get off the bus. This means using sturdy materials like cardboard boxes or bubble wrap. An official website of the United States government. In conclusion, shipping luggage with Greyhound is possible, but there are some restrictions that customers should be aware of. If you are planning a trip on the Greyhound bus in the near future, then you probably have a few questions about baggage.Greyhound Baggage Allowance and Pricing. If they have reason to think drugs or something suspicious is being transported then they bring in dogs and actual police. Many people believe that you cannot drink beer on a Greyhound bus. You also cant smoke or drink alcohol on a bus. unless you are crossing into canada/mexico they wont check your pockets/carry on, I have traveled Greyhound a lot, and have never been searched by the Greyhound people, but boarder guards are a different story. Absolutely no alcohol, drugs or weapons anywhere on the bus (including in your under the bus baggage). 2nd bag is $15 extra. If streaming isnt your thing, then you can also check out the selection of channels available through the in-car DVR. Federal government websites often end in .gov or .mil. The Cheapest Way to Travel to Italy from the USA, Jaco Beach Nightlife: Best Clubs, Bars & Events. This service is available for items that weigh more than 150 pounds and are more than 70 inches long. Shipping costs will vary depending on the size and weight of your luggage, as well as the distance it needs to travel. Snacks, drinks and plastic cutlery are ok on-board. The claim process takes 60-90 days from the time we receive your form. Head to ourwebsiteor call our helpful staff on #1-855-606-0606 to find out more. Its important to pack your belongings securely so they dont get damaged or lost. First, there is a $5 fee for each piece of luggage that you ship. But when you get to that sunny destination and are sipping vodka and tonic on the balcony of your luxury 5-star resort, which overlooks the ocean, it will be worth it. 1st under the bus bag free 2nd bag free with our Flexible fare, or 2nd & 3rd bags $20 each with all other fares. Most Greyhound stations do not allow any food or drinks in the bus, except for sealed bottled water. If the package needs to be delivered to a specific location, there may be a re-delivery charge. Most airlines allow one piece of carry-on luggage or hand baggage that can fit in the overhead bin, plus a personal item (a smaller purse, computer bag, diaper bag, small backpack, etc. This is a stickler for us no unruly behavior on the bus. Many airlines have a limit on the number of carry-on items that a passenger can bring onto an aircraft, and many also have a limit on the size of these items. This includes beer, wine, liquor, or any other type of drink. According to their site, they "have a zero tolerance for alcohol, drugs, weapons and unruly behavior." WebDoes Greyhound check bags for alcohol? Dismiss alert. FAA regulations prohibit travelers from consuming alcohol on board an aircraft unless served by a flight attendant. Or you might have some requests from friends and family to bring some of their favourite drinks home as gifts. For example, avoid bringing food that requires utensils such as knives and forks. Is it Time to Renew Your TSA Pre Membership? Express shipping is a great option if you need to ship something that is too large for standard shipping, as it typically takes 1-2 days for the item to arrive at its destination. This means you can watch whatever you want without having to worry about scheduling conflicts or missing any important moments. You are limited to containers of 3.4oz or less that fit in your quart-sized bag. There are cup holders on the seats on most Greyhound buses so if you purchase a soda or a drink you will have a place to store them. You can buy the air ticket and vacation packages by putting down a small deposit to secure the services and pay the balance in installments. But did you know that you can ship your luggage with Greyhound? Plus, their buses are often full, so your luggage might end up getting left behind. Yes, Greyhound requires you to present an ID to an agent to board the bus. Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. Its important to think about all the key factors before making a decision. Can you bring a pillow on a Greyhound bus? Click here to see our U.S. bulky bag fee. Yes, there are bathrooms on all Greyhound buses. The long answer is that there are a few different regulations that apply when it comes to smoking on buses. Does Greyhound Check Your Carry On Bags. However, there are some things to keep in mind when doing so. I want more dogs packin' pictures. Once you board the plane, get comfortable in your seat and get the movies lined up to watch for your flight you want to feel like its time for a drink. You might get a bit motion sick: If youre not used to being on a bus for long periods of time, you might start to feel a bit motion sick. The bottles are packed in a transparent, secure, tamper-evident bag by the retailer. If you purchased the alcohol overseas and have a connecting flight in the United States, the alcohol is allowed in your carry-on bag if; Are you brining wine or other spirits from overseas? This question has been on the minds of many people for quite some time now. If youre shipping luggage ahead of time, youll need to make sure it arrives at your destination safely and on time. An official website of the United States government. Along with, If you lose your baggage or it arrives damaged, you need to submit a baggage claim form at your local terminal within 30 days (for lost baggage) or 7 days (for damaged baggage). Food, drinks and accessories: Alcohol is not permitted at all on board or in under the bus baggage. WebAlcoholic beverages Carry On Bags: Yes (Less than or equal to 3.4oz/100 ml allowed) Checked Bags: Yes Check with your airline before bringing any alcohol beverages on board. The back of the bus tends to be livelier, and people tend to become friendlier and more acquainted with their neighbor passengers. Heres a look at what happens to your luggage during a layover: When you check in for your flight, your bags are tagged with your destination and placed on the appropriate conveyor belt. Snacks, drinks and plastic cutlery are ok on-board. For carry-on you are limited to containers of 3.4oz or less that can fit comfortably in one quart-sized, clear, zip-top bag. If you are catching a domestic or international flight soon, you might be wondering, can I bring alcohol in a checked bag? If you have a layover, your bags will be reloaded onto a new plane. Las personas que deseen presentar una queja sobre derechos civiles o libertades civiles ante la CBP pueden hacerlo: American Civil Liberties Union(ACLU) (212) 549-2500 You can store you carry-on in the overhead bins or under your seat. For carry-on, passengers are limited to containers of 3.4 oz or under that fits comfortably in one quart Additionally, there is a $10 service fee for each shipment. So while it can be boring and time-consuming waiting for staff to check many bags and ask many questions, in the end, its so everyone can reach their destination safe and sound. But dont worry, our buses make frequent scheduled stops so you can have a smoke outside. Whatever your reasons to carry alcohol with you on the flight, you will be please to know it is allowed. You're better off just renting a car and driving yourself.