Both brothers boast over 2 million followers each at the time of writing. Erin Napier has given the parenting police a piece of her mind amid criticism over the years. In an interview withHouse Beautiful, Kitchen Cousins and Cousins on Call star John Colaneri said, "It took some adjustment, but the best advice we ever received was during our first pilot. I was terrified and 9.5 months pregnant. According to the Jones County court records obtained by Heavy, Erin Napier, Ben Napier and Erins friends, Mallorie and James Rasberry, filed for a restraining order against Gaffney on May 13, 2021. Deborah and I enjoyed visiting with Erin and Ben Napier today in Laurel and presenting them with a resolution commending them for being a true Mississippi success story. Napier did not immediately respond to our request for comment about what she's doing in her local community to support the movement. According to Right Wing Watch, it's because at least one of the brothers shares his extremist views with their father, evangelical preacher Flip Benham. HGTV stars Ben and Erin Napier sought a restraining order in a case involving a suspected stalker at their home in Laurel, Mississippi, court records show. "They have the same blonde . Copyright 2023 PopCulture.com. But, if Ben's 2013 bid for. Theres too much noise. Things like God sent me here to protect the women of Laurel, specifically little Helen. He had bought a house a block from ours and was living in it with nothing but a suitcase and these toys for when my 3 year old daughter comes over to visit.'. "We weren't big TV watchers at all." In the end, they decided to sign on for "Home Town" because, as Erin explains, "anything. Seeing how beautifully the family interacts with each other on screen, Erin shouldn't worry about not being cared for by her Big Ben. HGTV star Erin Napier hasn't been posting Black Lives Matter content on her social media feeds, but there's a reason. It later evolved into the controversial display on social media, which, which good intentioned, led some to feel as if Black voices were being shut out by a flood of blank photos. Scripps employs a pretty standard confidentiality agreement for anyone who appears on the network as part of their castingcontract. Im relieved at least to have connected all these dots in recent months, brought to the surface by the constant upheaval and dread that came with living in a pandemic., READ MORE: According to Country Living, the Gaines' brand including their Magnolia furniture line has made them worth millions. Its not bad or good, its just part of my weird brain and Im trying to untangle it every day, even as you may see happy news and posts from me. "Library time was my favorite. It will not heal what's wrong. But Erin and Ben Napier, on the other hand, were discovered through social media. A post shared by Erin Napier (@erinapier) Erin and Ben married on Nov. 22, 2008, and seem to fall more and more in love as the days go on. Erin Napier opened up about the scary experience in a May 2022 Instagram post a year after the incident occurred. Powered by. He treats me like I am the most delicate little flower. According to her, "There is nothing scripted about shows like ours and Fixer Upper they asked us questions and we answered 'em on the spot.". She wrote in the May 2022 post, In those two weeks that followed, before he was finally sent back to CA, he found Mal and Jims baby girl on walks with her nanny and said unsettling things. Fans may already be aware of this (not so) tiny detail, but some may not have been aware of the couple's exact measurements until this moment. "They attach tiny little microphones to your body that can show through white, and you look super washed out on TV," Napier explained. However, if fans are skeptical, all they need to do is step back and look at the life the Napiers have built. "I will not complain about it. Ben spoke with The Washington Post and explained that the town they film in, Laurel, has "seen some hard times." I would put together natural history dioramas in old shoeboxes. per feeding, sleeps from 9 pm - 7:30 am and has a nap schedule," the HGTV star, 35, captioned the photo. Many people dream of meeting theirperfect match in high school or college during some hilarious or romantic scene straight from a rom-com. "That led to a love of tools, and furniture design." "The journal, which can be found on the Laurel Mercantilewebsite, features sweet and inspiring stories about all the best things that happen daily in their lives, whether it's a short post about making meatballsor an in-depth look back at the highs and lows of the past 10 years of Erin's life.". Ben and Erin Napier have become household names thanks to the success of their HGTV show "Home Town," which sees the couple renovating homes in Laurel, Mississippi. On the fly, or OTF, interviews are completely unscripted and done spur of the moment. When Erin spoke with Hooked on Housesabout her and Ben's experience filming the pilot for their showHome Town, she said the couple had to do one after every scene they filmed. There are certain industry wardrobe standards that are pretty commonly known. She's getting super transparent about struggles with her mental and physical health that has us all sending her the best wishes. These are the rules that all HGTV hosts need to follow. Tonight he told her A mans job is to keep girls safe, to cherish and protect them. Dangit if we didnt hit the jackpot in this house, she wrote in the caption. Napier later revealed many have reached out to her with "outright fury" at her decision not to post publicly about the #BlackLivesMatter movement or death of Floyd. Ben is also the owner and founder of Scotsman Co. and co-owner of Laurel Mercantile Co. Its just gone into total overdrive since we found out about the baby., Ben chimed in that he and his wife planned to be glued at the hip while raising their little one. "I think taking a 'bigger' stand lies in the small opportunities we meet every day as we go to the post office or order food in a [restaurant]." "Getting a TV show never even crossed our minds." Being that stroke and heart concerns have been active problems in his family, Ben didn't want to walk down a similar path. On Wednesday evening, the HGTV star, 36 . Create new Board. My appendix has been gone along with the physical suffering for eight years now, but Ive been learning through conversation with my friend who is a therapist that it left some deep ruts in my neuro pathways that have left me with an extreme fear and preoccupation with sickness, nausea in particular, ever since, Napier continued. $18.99 Pennant Mug. According toSouthern Living, "Instagram lets producers filter through up-and-coming designers and renovators by giving them a clear idea of their design sensibility and good taste." She spoke with Guide Live and said, "We spent close to eight hours filming one house of the three homes the couple will see. The couple tied the knot in November 2008 and have been documenting their family of three on social media over the years. The two women's conversation not only sparked insight, but a mutual understanding with Napier and Danielle now following each other on Instagram, for the home designer to further understand systemic racism and discrimination faced by millions in the Black community worldwide. According to Variety, the cable network hits 96 million homes each month, ranking number one among home-owning, college-educated women (and men). Though many fans have followed couples like Chip and Joanna Gaines and Tarek El Moussa and Christina Anstead during their ups and downs, this family is authentically unique for many reasons. The pair (who . Of course, this "stalking" was purely out of interest and excitement, presumably knowing that Ben and Erin's addition to the HGTV family would be a beneficial investment. Gaffney was accused of brandishing a handgun and a Taser during a verbal altercation on April 22, 2021, the news site reported. The caption is lengthy, but every word resonates with people in one way or another. In a now deleted Tweet, his wife Erin Napier says Ben simply gave the gov a recommendation for a cabinet maker pic.twitter.com/1OlcwRSEXB, Anna Wolfe (@ayewolfe) September 25, 2022, The tweets about Bens connection to building lockers at the stadium have received many comments from concerned fans, including one in response to Erins tweet, which said, Lawyer here. Obviously, they focused more on strengthening their own relationship rather than observing the relationships of the couples hosting some of HGTV's most well-known shows like Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines. It tends to focus on affordable areas and down-to-earth renovators, people who viewers can see themselves in, as opposed to those who work in the multi-million dollar real estate industry. Boards are the best place to save images and video clips. Many reached out to Ben and Erin regarding this matter, and the HGTV stars' silence was seen in a negative light for many. His probation ended on May 28, 2022, court documents reveal. The defendant, John Patrick Gaffney, returned to his home in Santa Barbara and the case was dropped, according to court records. He explains how the more practice he got, the easier it became to feel comfortable on camera. View all Boards View all Sets CREATE BOARD. $19.99 Green Band Cream Jug. a woman named Danielle Smalley reached out to Napier to ask why she hadn't spoken about the movement, which gained speed after the death of George Floyd. He and his wife attended the premiere of the pilot in January 2016, according to the Laurel Leader Call, before they knew whether HGTV would pick up the show. If someone would build them on there spare time. "I'm not in your shoes or know what it's like to be looked at without the color of my skin being a factor. We know we can't alleviate Erin's struggles, but we're sending our best wishes her way! You have to come to some arrangement if you want to show your products on your HGTV show." Erin goes on to end the post with "Weve all got our personal struggles. In 2013, he bid for the local city council in Mississippi with his slogan, "Big Ben for Small Business." However, he lost the election with 44%. My two dream girls, Ben captioned an Instagram photo of Erin and Helen in August 2020. Erin clapped back, writing, "When you are on TV, social media is weird. Its nothing to freak out about. The document goes on to reveal that in 2019, Bryant tweeted support for the Napiers HGTV show and proceeded to ask Favre to retweet it. The magazine noted that "at it's worst, she would be laid up for a week at a time, unable to move without pain and without any idea what was causing it.". The strikes left 34 people injured, including three children, and caused widespread damage. Home Town was practically an instant success, giving hope to small town families and sparking genuine entertainment in those watching. I appreciate everything that Ben and Erin Napier and the HGTV show "Home Town" has done for Laurel and Jones County. That kind of chaos is what this family is all about. Collect, curate and comment on your files. Soon enough, Ben met Erin's parents, he shared his love for her, and they were officially together. Select from premium Erin Napier of the highest quality. When it comes to the home improvement game, HGTV is an absolute juggernaut. More than anything, HGTV is looking for actual experts to lead their TV series lineup. Gaffney was sentenced to nine days in county jail, with credit for five days served and good conduct credit of four days, meaning he was released from custody after his sentencing, according to court records. Everybody was trying to keep it from me because I was pregnant and stressed out. Former Fixer Upper stars Chip and Joanna Gaines have amassed Instagram followings at 5 millionand 13 million, respectively. Prior to joining the team, Chaise was an editor at Country Living (also part of the Hearst fam) where she interviewed celebs like Dolly Parton, LeAnn Rimes and even Martha Stewart. Though the damage caused by the condition was thought to lead to difficulty conceiving, the Napiers' daughter, Helen, was born three years later. "Thats what works for us, he told Us. A post shared by Erin Napier (@erinapier), Napiers Instagram post provided more details of what life was like for the couple and their children while Gaffney was in Laurel. She went on to talk about how the actual filming of OTF interviews is also incredibly specific. . "Our walls are covered with the people we love, our grandparents and parents," Erin wrote on Instagram. "Having Helen made me want to be healthier so I could be around a lot longer and see her grow up and see her whole life," Ben told Country Living. "My two dream girls. The HGTV series,Home Town,starring husband and wife team Ben and Erin Napier, follows the pair as they rehab homes in their hometown of Laurel, Miss., in a formula that's similar to Chip andJoanna Gaines' hit series,Fixer Upper. HGTV star and woodworker Ben Napier assisted with constructing the lockers on Bryants request, according to the filing. I do know that we all have a chance to stand together and help to change things. Thats everyone though, isnt it? Erin Napiers friends were also named as plaintiffs in court documents filed in Jones County, records show. Erin Napier is speaking candidly about mental health issues she still struggles with nearly a decade after her years-long battle with a mystery illness. "Without Helen, our lives would be hollow and there would be nothing to share. [podcast_block], "After posting a photo of the back of my daughters head there were cruel comments within moments. He stopped and told us, when it comes to talking to cameras and body positioning, we'll work [at] all that stuff. We are all a little broken, thats how the light gets in" and " thank you for being real. In order to view the gallery, please allow Manage Cookies. Courtesy of Erin and Ben Napier. "I don't have to post a black square for that to be true, and virtue doesn't have to happen by demand of a mob. Pen and paper in hand, she found herself asking him his favorite books, movies, pastimes," Atlanta magazinerevealed about the Home Town couple's relationship. Erin Napier revealed on Thursday that she is unable to breastfeed as the 35-year-old HGTV's Home Town star shared a photo to Instagram. With every city in the U.S., as well as almost 20 countries taking part in Black Lives Matter protests, the massive civil rights movement has captured everyone's attention, including Napier, who took to Instagram on June 3 to show her solidarity for the Black community. And back in the day, when Rachael Ray began her career with the network, Scripps had no idea that she would wind up making the kind of money she did off of her partnerships outside of it. It isn't enough to be yourself on camera if "yourself" is completely unlikeable. If I was Ben Napier and his wife, I would shut up and speak to a suit., In Wolfes clarification tweet about the Napiers, she also attached a portion of the 70-page court document filed days before, which explicitly says, Ben Napier assisted with locker construction for the USM Volleyball Center at Governor Bryans request.. Erin is definitely someone teenage girls and young women can look up to as an inspiration to be uniquely yourself without feeling negatively about it. View full post on Instagram. Those obsessed with watching couples go from demolition to decoration are surely obsessed with Home Town's Erin and Ben Napier a family taking over HGTV since 2016. "He doesnt let me do anything! Her transparency garnered so many sweet comments from fans and friends alike. A post shared by Erin Napier (@erinapier). On September 13, 2022, Mississippi Today published a bombshell report with never-before-seen text messages beginning in 2017, revealing then-Governor Bryant was helping Favre access funds for the future stadium, including guiding him on wording to use in his proposal so that it could be accepted by the Mississippi Department of Human Services. On Wednesday, the star of HGTV Canadas Home Town shared a lengthy post on Instagram looking back on her health issues and getting candid how theyve affected her. So, how did the Home Town stars meet? By clicking Sign Up, you agree to our Terms and Conditions and that you have read our Privacy Policy. He explained, "She had a pixie-style haircut, and she just carried herself differently." CREATIVE. Don't get us wrongshe'll always be that in our eyes, but this post she shared reminds us that no matter what, we're all humans who live through lots of ups and downs. And though Erin Napier seems to be a very quirky, confident woman we all love on Home Town, she didn't originally fit Ben Napier's type. Erin Napier is opening up about her mental health struggles. Erin Napier Learns Surprising Family Connection To A Building She Is Working On In Home Town. Blessings to you as you continue to work through your trauma. Ps rely on us right back. Here's to Erin continuing to follow her dreams with Ben Napier by her side! ", The heartfelt note tugged at Napier's heart, with the 34-year-old taking to Instagram once again to share a more lengthy, sincere message in sharing her approach, which she later shared to her feed with Danielle's permission. So even more intense and stressful than it normally would be. Erin Napier thought she was sharing a sweet sentiment about husband Ben, her co-star on HGTV Canadas Home Town, but found herself caught up in unexpected controversy. I had a fossil collection. Collections; . We are proud of them for showcasing our great state on a nation(al) scale. Bryant sent a link to his tweet to Favre and asked, Please retweet. For many renters, the network is a part of a reality that they someday hope to achieve, and its hosts make that future feel absolutely attainable. taking part in Black Lives Matter protests, shared a snapshot from Mister Rogers alongside Officer Clemons, discrimination faced by millions in the Black community, 'Home Town' Star Erin Napier Answers Fan Asking for Response to Black Lives Matter With Powerful Message, 'Love Is Blind' Fans Want Vanessa Lachey Fired After Reunion, Katy Perry Disrespects Another 'American Idol' Singer, Fans Demand Apology, Former Bravo and Netflix Reality Stars Join New Amazon Show 'The GOAT', Joe Gatto Reunites With 'Impractical Jokers' Castmates, Jock Zonfrillo, 'MasterChef Australia' and Acclaimed Chef, Dead at 46, Luke Bryan Dishes on 'American Idol' Judges Filling for Coronation-Bound Katy Perry and Lionel Richie, Tyra Banks Ripped by 'America's Next Top Model' Winner, Jesse James' Son Faces Massive Lawsuit Over Alleged Abuse That 'Blindsided' Sandra Bullock. "The psychological effects of bullying include depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, self-harming behavior (especially for girls), alcohol and drug use and dependence, aggression, and involvement in violence or crime (especially for boys)," the website states. - June 13, 2020 04:12 pm EDT. HGTV never commented on the decision to pull the series, outside of a tweet saying they wouldn't be moving forward. Not only do applicants enter into a contract with HGTV that renders them exclusive to the network (meaning no public appearances or commercial work without the network's "express written permission"), but they alsocan't discuss specific details regarding the shows they appear on. Show grace. "We never expected this," Erin toldPeople of their social media discovery. HGTV producers are always looking for new talent to fill their series rosters, but not everyone is going to be the next Chip and Joanna Gaines. With a college degree in history, Ben's knowledge, experience, and passion made him perfect for a career in this field, but he left it behind. HGTV isn't the only network under the Scripps Networks umbrella Food Network is a part of the company as well. Why Trust Us? These allegations come after the NFL Hall of Famer already had to pay back over $1 million in speaking fees he received from the state for motivational speeches he never actually delivered. HGTVs Erin Napier Reacts to Report Linking Husband Ben to Massive Fraud Scandal, Copyright 2023 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. Its like this: were each making a bed and cant see how far the sheet is hanging on the other side. Hidden Potential star Jasmine Roth was discovered sort of by accident via her Instagram, but she revealed in an interview with House Beautiful that she stillhad to submit a sizzle reel to the company to see if she'd fit in. Luckily, Erin had strong support from her mom during these trying times. When they lacked consistent, supportive content regarding BLM, fans began to wonder where they stood. In particular, Smalley pointed to a photo of Mr. Rogers that Napier posted in the heat of American unrest. Its just gone into total overdrive since we found out about the baby. Celeb Exes Who May Run Into Each Other at the Met Gala, Serena Announces Pregnancy at the Met Gala, Blake Lively Pumps Breast Milk Instead of Attending Met Gala. Theyre friends of ours who are staying with us for a little while! A year on, I still think of this thing every day but it doesnt scare me anymore. He treats me like I am the most delicate little flower. Erin Napier is on the mend after undergoing a throat surgery. In 2020, when Mississippi Today asked Favre if hed ever discussed the volleyball stadium with Bryant, he simply said no. The plethora of released texts between the two now prove otherwise. In an interview withPeople, the couple explained that a big part of their decision to leave the network had to do with the "grueling production schedule" and how little time they had to spend with their family. HGTV hosts, as honest and real as they are, still have to answer to the network. In an April 2020People interview, Erin confessed, "We never expected this. ", Napier admits she tries to "pull away from any mass movement that feels insincere," and likens it to a "rebellious streak" that once worried her parents, though it now makes her "wary" of that "everybody's doing" it sentiment. We cant see what we cant see. Unlike some celebrities, the Napiers enjoy sharing personal anecdotes and videos from their life on their social media platforms. "We weren't big TV watchers at all." This isn't how business is done with Scripps. Instead, she found herself being, well, herself leaning toward more unique hobbies other teens weren't really interested in. Their personalities just coincide in a way that inspires others to be unapologetically themselves. Though Ben and Erin Napier are passionate about bringing more positive energy to small towns, specifically their own, they also want to focus on their own little family and the positivity and comfort they can bring to it. Erin Napier has given the parenting police a piece of her mind amid criticism over the years. Hooked on Houses's interview with a former contestant from Love It or List Itconfirmed that the confidentiality agreement goes for contestants, too. Home Town Star Erin Napier Responds To Backlash Over Social Media Post About Husband Ben. Napier added, Ben saw red, his blood boiled. Ben helped us with the lockers for the Volleyball Complex. Favre is accused, according to the New York Times, of allegedly using millions to invest in a biotech startup and to help fund the volleyball stadium at USM. Court documents identify the man as John Gaffney, who had been arrested in California and was free from jail on bail. ", What Home Town Fans Don't Know About Erin And Ben Napier. Governor, this Brett, Favre wrote. Its not a big deal, but this is your friendly reminder that TV people are real people., Credit: Courtesy of Erin Napier/Instagram, When an Instagram user asked why Erin doesn't show Helen's face on social media, she described the "awful feeling" of having the public "pick apart" the toddler's face. Ps rely on us right back. "In the beginning, it would be 24 hours of terrible stomach pain and a low grade fever, and then it would disappear," Erin told People. Ultimately, Erin and Ben decided to go forward with Hometownto draw attention to their beloved area of Laurel. This Is Us Paid A Secret Tribute To Erin And Ben Napiers New Baby. Disgusting things., She added, We all had 24 hour security officers at home, while we slept, while we worked. ", With Napier asking Danielle to repost their conversation on Instagram to share with others, the fan agreed and thanked her for the words in exchanges that followed. Part of Erin's caption reads: "My appendix has been gone along with the physical suffering for 8 years now, but Ive been learning through conversation with my friend who is a therapist that it left some deep ruts in my neuro pathways that have left me with an extreme fear and preoccupation with sickness, nausea in particular, ever since.". "In the six-episode special-event series the couple leads a team of renovation pros as they takeover and makeover an entire small town," HGTV explained. Ben continues to be a vocal part of the religious community in Laurel, Miss. READ MORE: Not only does the nickname come into play due to his height, but Erin has also said it is "because of the size of his heart." Or I'd stay home and make a tiger costume that was really exciting to me. No need to shove. Erin Napier defied all odds and survived a mysterious illness that affected her for a long time. This is the reality we all need. But isnt it so nice to have this place for editing the hard parts out? Sign up for Us Weekly's free, daily newsletter and never miss breaking news or exclusive stories about your favorite celebrities, TV shows and more! Erin Napier shared a new photo of her youngest daughter, Mae, on Instagram, as well as an update on how the baby is doing. Addressing the trolls, Erin Napier wrote in an Instagram post, "Instagram is my cozy place. TheHome Townstar was teased in grade school and middle school "because she had different interests than a lot of the other kids her age." The Home Town personality explained she's trying to do the work in her community rather than on a digital platform. HGTV has built their entire brand on creating shows that follow a "Three I's" formula. It's great for his heart I don't care if it wakes me up.". Not one thing, Erin gushed at the time. Hearst Magazine Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. It's even sweeter when they don't want to ever leave, creating a true home for their family and relationship to grow. Gaffney was not charged in Mississippi, according to a court case search by Heavy. Have mercy. She's getting super transparent about struggles with her mental and physical health that has us all sending her the best wishes. The Home Town star was teased in grade school and middle school "because she had different. Gaffney was initially charged with making terrorist threats, a felony, and brandishing a weapon, a misdemeanor, and held on $50,000 bond, court records viewed by Heavy show. While social media can sometimes be seen as a hindrance or distraction, in the Napiers' case, it worked out pretty well. Home Town star .css-1e1wdvt{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#0A5C80;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-1e1wdvt:hover{color:#000000;text-decoration-color:#0A5C80;}Erin Napier isn't holding back in her latest Instagram post. CLARIFICATION: The public court filing says Ben Napier assisted with locker construction at Gov. In a conversation with Realtor.com, Erin reiterated how surprising the whole TV show thing was. As one of the Big Apple's newest residents, there's a good chance that you can catch her checking out an Insta-worthy cafe or spending way to much $$$ in vintage stores. [jwplayer 2SIgSXph] Napier concluded her messages, writing: "Change happens one to one, just like this. The Home Town star became a mom in January 2018 when she and her husband, Ben Napier, welcomed their daughter, Helen. "I never really watched HGTV before," she shared. The chance at bringing positive light to their little town was something they couldn't turn away from.