I didnt want her to do that, but I thought what what an important lesson in resilience for her just physically to know that she could endure something that hard and be away from home in a different country, learning a different language, so I had to have the courage to let her do that even though I desperately just wanted her to be close to home. For cost savings, you can change your plan at any time online in the Settings & Account section. We dont talk about those things and when I was in that position I wished I had more people who would tell me that it would be be okay. ", SOPEL: Except that you've kind of got this deal, you've got Cuba, diplomatic relations, healthcare reform embedded, major trade deal with Asia. So I think there are young people out there figuring out Well is this lust feeling that I have, is this good? And its so brilliant that you did. Thats a very good question. Yeah I felt the same when I was going through the experience that it took me ten months, a year to openly say yes Im trying for a baby and its not happening. I wish Id done it earlier but once Id opened that floodgate I was like, Im so thankful that I have now got it off my own chest and also helping others to understand that it does happen to people and there can be happy endings as well. Its probably part of the reason why Im good at it. Cat-and-mouse chase with China in hotly contested sea, Explore in 3D: The dazzling crown that makes a king. This notion that we ever stop evolving is just wrong. 24 July 2015. So I do encourage young people to be open to the swerve and dont beat themselves up if they feel that theyve maybe not made the right first choice because life, Holly, is long and as you know, we can have many lives within a life. Lesser-known speeches like Hillary Clinton's "Human Rights Are Women's . And so I think David understands that part of the greatness of Great Britain, of the United Kingdom is that it is willing, as we are, to project power beyond our immediate self-interests to make this a more orderly, safer world. In this interview with a local news station, MWP's actually quite mellow and affable. AP. You have sold two million copies in the US alone. Liam Gallagher on Oasis, John Lennon, and Being a. . Simply log into Settings & Account and select "Cancel" on the right-hand side. And the Chinese, who then get the resources that they need. We are always evolving, that is why I called the book Becoming. I know that thats how kids think and the White House is just another big museum that feels like an other place. I am not a fan of discrimination and bullying of anybody on the basis of race, on the basis of religion, on the basis of sexual orientation or gender. OBAMA: Well, I - you know, obviously the - the whole debate that's been taking place about the European Union, the eurozone, Greece that's a complicated piece of business. We are settling the Iran deal, but we still have a big account that we're going to have to work. Bettmann. Assign preliminary codes to your data in order to describe the content. I just want to say how much I absolutely love this book. So that was the hardest thing for me to understand how to do, is to walk away from the formal training that I had gotten and swerve into something more creative. America is becoming more diverse, it's becoming more tolerant as a consequence there's more interactions between groups. Did this woman die because her genitals were cut? SOPEL: But is there an issue that there are be going to be unfinished business? But ultimately, how issues get resolved in the Middle East is going to depend on both strengthening military capacity, but also addressing the underlying social and political issues that may lead not only to Iran being able to stir up problems among Shia populations, but also addressing some of the issues that are leading to the enormous and significant threat that they face from ISIL. It depends on which way you want to tell it." Most populous nation: Should India rejoice or panic? BAFTA Guru is BAFTAs content hub for career starters packed full of inspirational videos, podcasts and interviews. Transcribe your audio files to find high-impact insights in minutes. OBAMA: Well, they're not ideal institutions. And there were still significant human rights violations taking place. This is how it works. Richard Anderson- Better known as Oscar Goldman in the Six Million Dollar Man Ed Asner- Mary Tyler Moore'sLou Grant Cynthia Belliveau- Star of CBC's Wind At My Back Its happening and people arent getting the credit for doing it, but if you work and have kids youre doing something flexible in there to make that happen we just need to label it. You've had many different careers in your life you attended Princeton and then became a high-flying lawyer, you were a powerhouse in City Hall, Director of a variety of community not-for-profits and then a 'reluctant' political campaigner - you call this 'swerving'! Vocabulary eighteen when youre making these big life decisions. And I think that this is actually part and parcel of the agenda that's also going to be front and centre, and that is how are we treating women and girls. And I also want young married couples to be open about what love is and what does that feel like. And create much greater strategic challenges for the United States, for Israel, for our Gulf allies, for our European allies. And so some of the most recent concerns around policing and mass incarcerations are legitimate and deserve intense attention. The fact that he was a lawyer but he cared very much about the community. As if you get to a place and at some point thats the end and that sort of one of our big dilemmas that we ask kids so early to figure out who youre going to be at five, and seven and ten and even twenty years old. UPSC Civil Services Examination We are providing a Hobby -wise list of Interview Transcripts. You cant tell a person making a big juicy high calorie burger to stop making it if thats what people are buying its not a responsible or logical thing to expect. For months Rather and his colleagues at CBS had been angling for an interview with Hussein, finally succeeding on February 24 (the interview was broadcast on February 26). I'm sure some people would say that yes, you've set out the case where there is no pathway to a nuclear bomb now for Iran -. Toni Morrison's Most Powerful Speeches and Interviews. We support credit card, debit card and PayPal payments. BAFTAs destination for youngsters to come and discover the magical worlds of film, television and games. Welcome to Famous Trials, the Web's largest and most visited collection of original essays, trial transcripts and exhibits, maps, images, and other materials relating to the greatest trials in world history. Premium Digital includes access to our premier business column, Lex, as well as 15 curated newsletters covering key business themes with original, in-depth reporting. OBAMA: Let me first of all say that Prime Minister David Cameron's been an outstanding partner of ours on not just the anti-ISIL coalition, but on a whole host of security issues. You talk about the worries you had about other people judging your career choices - especially leaving law. 1) "So we had a big day in the stock market, things are coming back and they're . And a while back, when we started looking at strategies to reach out to the Muslim world - to reach out to - developed countries, a common theme emerged, which was people are not interested in - just being patrons- or - or being patronised. But this gives me an opportunity to focus on a region that I have not been visiting as president, and I'm also going to have the opportunity to talk to the African Union. Use the advanced search to search for a particular speaker/performer or to search the full text of a transcript. OBAMA: I think there is. You know, we grew up with this solid stability of the four of us at the dinner table. And you shared them so well and I feel like your mother, Marian Robinson, had a really big part to play in that. At a time when we saw some possibility of transition, by the time I landed in Burma - it is not a liberal democracy by any means. Interviewer: Okay. From the very first moment, first chapter, I was sucked in, especially as I was listening to you on audiobook and I was listening to you tell me the stories of your life and I really felt like I was very much there, so well done; its something you should be really proud of. I could play all day so storytelling for me is a way that I can sort out the world and have it make sense and it was always that way for me even as a child. Read, practice with a partner, and check your understanding of important vocabulary and grammar rules. Well, we're an international logistics firm, and we handle the import and export of products between Asia and the US. Rev is the largest, most trusted, and most accurate transcription company in the world. Compare Standard and Premium Digital here. Bill Clinton: 'You had to assume there was going to be some blowback', 'There's nothing better in life than diamonds', 'Before the year ended, he said, he would be a hero or a martyr', 'You're getting a totally false impression of me', 'One blow after another and finally something snapped', 'No room for the alien, no use for the wastrel', 'When you're famous you run into human nature in a raw kind of way', 'One continuous accident mounting on top of another', 'We tend to forget that life can only be defined in the present tense', About 45 results for Great interviews of the 20th century. Theres some people who raise kids and they use the philosophy - kids are to be seen and not heard - and it was just the opposite for us. Does the IRGC [Revolutionary Guard] or the Quds Force have more resources? In 2016, the site seemed to be showing its age. university I mean, the deputy president in Kenya, who you're going to meet, Mr Ruto, he said - "We have heard that in the US they have allowed gay relations and other dirty things.". That he had taken time off to be a community organiser which is something you just dont find. More than 20,000 Russians dead in Bakhmut, US says, More than 100 police hurt in French May Day protests, MasterChef Australia host Jock Zonfrillo dies. Those speeches still inspire us today. This interview of Fidel Castro by Herbert Matthews took place in the Sierra Maestra, Cuba, February 16 1957. Well youve done it so well at putting it into words cause if I was asked the same question I think the English person in me would have really struggled with that. I think we're doing . I talk about how I played with my dolls and and I loved to create this imaginary world and I could spend hours on end just playing alone and in thinking about this question I think that because I spent so much time in my head before I was ready to get out there and interact I lived with stories in my head. Kissinger has read her piece on General Gip and is curious to meet her. SOPEL: I'm going to suggest there may be one other difficult issue when you're there. Winner's Onstage and Backstage TranscriptsPlease note that transcript distribution is not immediate. There was a time when a business was a part of the community, the owners lived in the community and employed workers. . Second, the counterterrorism co-operation between the United States and Kenya - and Uganda and other countries - in East Africa - is very strong. 6:55 PM 19 September 2007. Here is the full transcript of North America Editor Jon Sopel's conversation with the US president. Easily integrate Rev using our robust APIs to start building your product quickly. 73 Questions. So I thought about all those kids who needed to walk in those doors and feel like all that wonderful stuff that they saw on T.V. And we want to make sure that United Kingdom continues to have that influence. An archive of more than 800 oral history interviews (over 4,000 hours) with the legends of television, from Alex Trebek to John Hamm. And I love the story in the book where you pick up three month old Sasha and go to a job interview and you take her with you and you say to the interviewer, Im a family woman, if you want me you need to have my family too and I need to be able to have flexible working. That was way ahead of its time. The following is the transcript of a recent interview with Steven Van Yoder, author of the book Get Slightly Famous. SOPEL: But have they got the willingness to fight in the -. An edited extract from Interviews with Francis Bacon by David Sylvester in 1963, 1966 and 1979. SOPEL: But, the net effect of lifting sanctions is that billions more will go to groups like Hezbollah, the Assad regime, and that is going to destabilise the region even more. SOPEL: And you're going to talk about entrepreneurship at this summit in Nairobi. Well that was an act of complete frustration and desperation because I also talk about how I had tried it so may different ways. #14 of 24. Ten famous speeches, interviews, etc. Did not anticipate any of that so its exciting. Well the first thing that I had to overcome was my own guilt because when you spend so much time and money, in my case, taking out student loans, I came out of law school with a lot of debt, the notion that I wouldnt want to invest financially to recoup that initial investment was a struggle for me. 2018. I believe that when people see opportunity, when they have a sense of control of their own destiny, then they're less vulnerable to the propaganda and twisted ideologies that have been attracting young people - particularly now being turbocharged through social media. SOPEL: You're going to Kenya, where the International Criminal Court is still investigating certain members of the government, which seems kind of hardly ideal institutions. And I was thinking are the kids warm? Right, and I think my parents understood that so they didnt expect the same thing from me as they did from my brother but they did treat us as equals which I think played a big role in me being a powerful woman with a powerful voice. Here's the full transcript of the happy couple's first ever interview together. Its been really lovely seeing you again. Hopefully some of it diplomatically, if necessary some of it militarily. Here are 16 of the most controversial celebrity interviews of all time. He said, Well, you've got to do it.'. The encounter that seals Oriana Fallaci's global reputation as a political interviewer is her interview with Henry Kissinger, the architect of Richard Nixon's foreign policy. The process contains six steps: Familiarize yourself with your data. Interview with an Actress - Transcript A famous actress is interviewed about her recent work. But if people now are buying healthier options that burger maker is going to make the switch because they want the customer. What role do you think businesses should play in society? So he then came and asked you whether you gave him the family seal of approval to do it but you admitted Barack was a black man in America after all, I didnt really think he could win. And how wrong you were. Varying lengths of speeches and/or interviews may cause some transcripts to . I was out of it': The Dropout's Naveen Andrews on booze, drugs and baffling the world in Lost He found fame in The English Patient before becoming a huge TV star. CNN . So I wouldnt have known that example was possible had I not looked ahead at the women who were my mentors. OBAMA: Well, and - and - and that's the issue. All the other legendary characters and turning points are here: his partners Steve Wozniak and Mike Markkula, the painful memories of John Sculley, the jabs at Bill Gates and Microsoft [MSFT], the. I grew up in neighbourhoods where a kid could live five minutes from a museum and never think they could go into it because they didnt think it was for them. Interview Highlights. In this Inside Edition interview (which appears to have first aired in 1993), Dahmer oh so coolly discusses his modus operandi, describing the "surge of energy" he experienced while sawing up corpses in his grandma's basement as nearly euphoric and explaining that he took photos of his victims' corpses in order to preserve their "physical beauty." I feel like thats a gift were supposed to give others. But in a press conference, I was very blunt about my belief that everybody deserves fair treatment, equal treatment in the eyes of the law and the state. Right, this notion that every kid is going to learn in the same way at the same time is disastrous and it creates box checkers who then go on to careers that may not fulfil them and then theyre not good at it. Fern Michaels: Fern Michaels claims she's a scribbler in this journal. I'm right in thinking that there was quite a bit of pressure put on from here, saying it would be very bad if you didn't. Theres the part of the love thats always there. And I've had this experience before when we've visited Senegal in my last trip to Africa. Just hours before he was electrocuted in the electric chair for the rape and murder of nearly 50 women, serial killer Ted Bundy gave an official interview. Is it ok if I call you Michelle? So part of the struggle was I had to relearn how to educate myself about who I was. And I described for them our interest in making sure that they built their capacity to defend themselves and their territory and to make sure that destabilising activities that Iran may be engaging in are checked. People are juggling and managing to keep things afloat all the time so we just havent labelled it properly. That was the mandate that elected Rouhani. Youre the most phenomenal storyteller and and I know thats what youre like from your personality. Transcripts & captions for a better media workflow. Become a freelancer and work on your own terms. Professionals are doing that already. Well I tried to put it in words but it is difficult because the love you feel for a partner, it evolves and it has so many different layers, right? Thank you very much. I think its a shame that kids are forced to figure out so early in their life and get on a path so I encourage kids to do internships, to work, to talk to people who are doing things that they think are interesting because most kids are intimidated about approaching you for example and saying Holly, youve done some swerving. TB: Kate, you're going to be the envy of many. OBAMA: (LAUGH) You know the - it's interesting - that one of my - every president, every leader has strengths and weaknesses. So while building your incredible career, you were put in charge of an intern. Randy Holmes/ABC/Getty Images. You can still enjoy your subscription until the end of your current billing period. Whether youve taken your first steps in the industry or are just starting out, youll find plenty here to motivate and help you along the way. And that includes gays, lesbians, transgender persons. These cookies are going to make your experience on our site better, like the option to Remember me. And theyve been open with us and wed just met them. I don't get too high when it's high and I don't get too low when it's low. You spend your whole life trying not to get pregnant. Tony Hawk on Family, Video Games, and Building . Lady Gaga interview: the full transcript Stephen Fry May 27 2011 Receive free Life & Arts updates We'll send you a myFT Daily Digest email rounding up the latest Life & Arts news every morning.. . Exactly. President Obama covered a wide range of issues in his interview with the BBC's Jon Sopel. Yeah, we struggle and I think the challenge is that education systems are developed for masses of teaching but every kid is so different and if you dont have the resources to individualise the educational curriculum then youre really pushing kids through a funnel that may not fit them and thats something that I worry about and see now in my girls. Kemper: "When someone abandons himself to bein' a victim, he's gonna have to be one." Presenter: "With an IQ of one hundred thirty-six, Kemper is now the prison's best reader of books for the blind." Kemper: "I'm saying I've wanted to kill my mother since I was eight years old and I'm not proud of that." Read the interview >> 7. But the second part of this is pushing Assad, the Russians, the Iranians, into recognising there's got to be a political transition before Syria pulls the entire region into what could be an even longer and more bloody conflict. Search for patterns or themes in your codes across the different interviews. Jimmy Kimmel laughed after Megan Fox said she danced under a waterfall as a 15-year-old movie extra During a 2009 appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live," the "Transformers" actress rehashed her time as a "Bad Boys II" extra, a role she landed when she was 15 years old. [Begin Transcript 00:00:23] IN: Tell me about yourself. I had nothing, or I had everything. I think we think that's a good thing. 2023 BBC. Librarians may submit ILL requests for up to eight transcripts at a time for their patrons; email the archives staff at Kennedy.Library@nara.gov for . SOPEL: And I suppose the - you know, you famously said when you went to Africa, I think when you first became president, you know, "What we need is strong institutions and- ". Thats more important to me than what he accomplished as President of the United States, or anything that hes done on paper. But it did become 'love for the rest of your life' - is it possible to put the love you feel into words? If the audio player above doesn't work, click here to download the audio file. SOPEL: And people have talked about strategic shrinkage. Today I am sitting down with the incredible and the inspirational Michelle Obama and were going to be talking about her book: Becoming. Can you remember what was going through your head at that time? And my parents have been very open with my brother and I about the fact that, it is tough. And as somebody who has family in Kenya and knows the history of how the country so often is held back because women and girls are not treated fairly, I think those same values apply when it comes to different sexual orientations. Interview Transcript - A Teacher's Observations of Child Oppression. Now, with respect to Syria, we consult closely, Britain's one of the leading members of the 60-nation coalition that's addressing ISIL. I did, what I called, informational interviews. Interviewing Michelle Obama: The full transcript Image by Virgin.com Holly Branson Published on 20 December 2018 It was such an honour sitting down with Michelle Obama to chat about her new book Becoming, where she has bared her soul and shared her life in incredible detail. What happens when it goes away? 2023 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. But the challenge that we've had, when it comes to Hezbollah, for example, aiming rockets into Israel is not a shortage of resources. And I think that we can help to shape an agenda where China, Europe, and the United States are all working together in order to address some of these issues. Men being flexible with their work and women as well. And the human rights agenda that we think is so important. Any changes made can be done at any time and will become effective at the end of the trial period, allowing you to retain full access for 4 weeks, even if you downgrade or cancel. So I had to find out how to open myself up in a way that people could connect with me and then be able to hear me. So it was a shock to find when it aired Sunday night that it included a number. I wish that businesses still had that sense of fiduciary responsibility to the broader society and I think we need more leaders who think that way as well. And I was really interested in this one for my own children as well. Why did you feel you needed to share that bit of your life story which was very very personal? Read about our approach to external linking. We are. Im thinking, are they cold? Because we don't have a more important partner than Great Britain. Vast library of streaming video resources, including documentaries, interviews, lectures, recordings of performances, and news footage. He had never really spoken out during the ten years that he was incarcerated. Was it working with kids? It's very, very special. Given the al-Shabaab attacks on the West Gate mall and Garissa University, I'm sure your secret service could've suggested other countries for you to visit. Of course Holly, how are you? I know, its something my dad always said to me was the importance of failure. Interviewee: There are a lot of challenges no matter what the product. What you do when you have two young kids at a big event where the international spotlight is on them? I had tried the part time situation when I was at the university and I first had Malia and I realised that part time work for professional women was it was an unequal trade off because I found that all I got was a part time salary. And maybe they go to the museum down their street or think about the City Hall in their own community as a place that they should go and explore. Oh, my goodness you dont do anything alone and I think a lot of young people think they look at people like us and think you just magically appeared, you became and there you are, and and its like no, I always looked ahead of me, at the women primarily who were doing the things that I wanted to do. I wanted kids running all over the South Lawn, I wanted kids to talk about how they regularly came and helped build that garden and have a sense of pride in the house that is theirs. IT'S official: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are engaged. I was used to being respected in my home so I went out into the world and I expected that same treatment from others. Especially growing up as a working class kid. OBAMA: There will be. Was it mentoring, was it education? Her memoir is a funny and insightful read that also touches on her struggles with alcohol, marriage and menopause. I have some experience in project management through . How she played, how she was loved, who she interacted with, some of her hardships, some of her failings, because I really do think that thats how we get to know people. Read about our approach to external linking. .. . And the supreme leader is feeling pressure there. Hello Mrs Obama. Show video transcript. You're going to Ethiopia, where there is effectively no opposition in Parliament. The sanctions regime that we put in place with the hope of the Brits, but also the Chinese and the Russians and others meant that they had funds that were frozen. This is an edited version of "The Other Side of Paradise, Scott Fitzgerald, 40, Engulfed in Despair" by Michel Mok, first published in the New York Post, September 25 1936. Its good to know that the book is resonating with so many different people. OBAMA: Yeah. So I'll be the first US president to not only visit Kenya and Ethiopia, but also to address the continent as a whole, building off the African summit that we did here which was historic and has, I think, deepened the kinds of already strong relationships that we have across the continent. So the big day arrives, this is the front page of the Times at the inauguration. Edited interview of Adolf Hitler by George Sylvester Viereck that took place in 1923. Yeah. Check if your And, you know, a good example of this is Burma. OBAMA: I wouldn't say pressure. Initially they were but also part of the challenge was what else was I going to do? They're below. Born and raised in .more. Its absolutely brilliant. And part of the subject of the visit is to continue to strengthen those ties to make them more effective. And that stuck with you. [UPSC Interview 2022] - Transcript #251 : Lt. Gen Raj Sukhla Board, Sociology Optional, Karnataka Home State, Sports, Movie Hobby. I think I had an honest conversation with David that Great Britain has always been our best partner. See our Reproductions page for more information. A RESTful API to access Revs workforce of fast, high quality transcriptionists and captioners. SOPEL: Well, haven't the Chinese got there first in Africa? The president is a dead man walking. Throughout Becoming you list amazing female mentors and leaders who have advised and supported you. Now that requires some reforms in these governments that we continue to emphasise. This way you can fill in blanks and add necessary details to make the transcript easy to comprehend. That had nothing to do with the fact that you grew up in hardship but you grew up with parents who expected you to give back. Situated in the heart of London's West End, BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is the home of BAFTA worldwide, as well as an award-winning venue for hire that offers outstanding hospitality and a suite of flexible event spaces, which can be crafted to suit any occasion. The following three transcripts have been provided to help you test your coding skills.