I was euphoric when I was with Honey. Gail and Honey have a very special relationship. Toploader's debut album, Onka's Big Moka, was released in 1999, it sold over one million copies. Rehab will be tough for Gail but this is her last chance to get better and I think she knows that. In 2008 Dan married the TV and radio presenter Lynsey Horn. But the couples got separated in May 2004 after 3 years of the marriage relationship. Gail Porter was married to Dan Hipgrave - the guitarist from the band Toploader Credit: Rex Features. In 2017 she became the brand ambassador for the insolvency practitioner Creditfix, meeting with the public and speaking openly about her struggles with debt in several corporate videos. [24] On 12 April 2006 she said "It is possible that I'm going to get my hair back. She says: I got very ill when I got back and I wasnt sure if it was Covid or not, so it was just me and my dads ashes in my flat and I wasnt allowed to see anybody. 64 Dan Hipgrave Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images Images Creative Editorial Video Creative Editorial FILTERS CREATIVE EDITORIAL VIDEO All Sports Entertainment News Archival Browse 64 dan hipgrave photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more photos and images. Already getting in the party mood! Gail likes it that Lynsey gets on so well with Honey. Just before Gail went to rehab we all went to Hampstead Heath together for a picnic and Honey and Gail had a really nice time.. The TV personality, 52, took to. "I was still having to go out and be wee smiley Gail but I was having a really hard time.". Apparently it was offensive - unlike a 100ft a**e. I cant be strong all the time. going through a divorce with her ex-husband Dan Hipgrave and her mum was diagnosed with . JUST days before she checked into rehab, Gail Porter agreed to meet her ex-husband Dan Hipgrave and his new wife Lynsey for a picnic on Londons Hampstead Heath. Then in 2014, due to a lack of work and financial difficulties she became homeless and was forced to sleep rough. Experts blast plan to resurrect 29bn Help to Buy scheme before the next election saying proposal by Rishi Do YOU live in one of the UK's UFO hotspots? Find Dan Hipgrave stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. Id been married and divorced and thats not cheap. Has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Honey was born on 3 September 2002. She says: It was six months of utter chaos. The TV presenter, 35, made the claims in court documents while seeking a quick divorce. Here's everything you need to know about her life and career After studying a BTEC in media production she started out working on family-friendly TV shows. 'I'm bald and I don't feel confident about dating. It was cold and terrifying. Sadly, she still gets judged for her hair loss, with a teenager recently heckling her in the street near her North London home but Edinburgh-born Gail gave as good as she got. Porter, aged 33, said the couple had rushed into marriage too quickly. Gail continued: 'I had loads of great friends but it was getting embarrassing, because I'm in my forties. One hundred percent. Being Gail Porter is on BBC Scotland at 10pm tonight. Who Is Gail Porter's Husband? In 2018, she joined 26 other celebrities at Metropolis Studios and performed an original Christmas song called Rock With Rudolph, a song written and produced by Grahame and Jack Corbyn. You have everything going for you. 'I've got no money, I've got no work, I'm sleeping on people's couches. But the happy scene masked years of torment that have blighted Gails life and threatened to separate her from the little girl she treasures. There she spent 4 agonizing Gail Porter husband, married, and boyfriend. The following year, she began to lose her hair and TV work dried up but she doesnt blame telly execs for their decision not to hire her. In 2010, she was a guest team captain on What Do Kids Know? And he was like, I didnt say anything.. I didnt know what to do so I walked her around the room.. He reveals how he and Lynsey are doing everything they can to offer Honey stability while Gail tackles her rehabilitation. She had a rock star husband, Toploader's Dan Hipgrave, and was delighted. I like my space. She said she had been "very frail, so who knows". It was the best thing ever.". Among the guests at the wedding was Channel 4 presenter, Vernon Kay, who said the couple were madly in love. She said: "I didn't have periods for nine years because of my anorexia and I had been told I couldn't have a child, so Honey was a little miracle. "I was euphoric when I was with Honey. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. What Shows Have Been Renewed or Canceled? You can opt-out at any time by signing in to your account to manage your preferences. I think she might have overdosed on something, although I cant be sure. Gail recalled that at one point, she also did not have enough credit on her phone to be able to get in contact with anyone. T V presenter Gail Porter has split from her husband Dan Hipgrave, it emerged today. In 2005, Gail's hair began to fall out and within four weeks she was completely bald after being diagnosed with alopecia. "I sat under a tree and I sent some text messages, I can't remember what they said but it was bascially 'I'm done'. Gail Porter and her rock star husband Dan Hipgrave with their daughter, Honey (Image: Daily Mirror) "They had to get rid of my nipple. She says: It was Liza Tarbuck and Johnny Vaughan on The Big Breakfast, and Id be up in the bed or floating around somewhere and Id sit in for Liza if she was off. There were lots of terrifying noises. For other inquiries, Contact Us. For other inquiries Contact Us. On 15 September, she was the fourth housemate to be evicted after spending 20 days in the house. While she was at the height of her fame, her eating disorder had started. Gail Porter says she won't be defined by her baldness and has decided to get a wig, Gail wants to use her experiences to help others, In 1999, Gail's naked image was projected onto the side of the Houses of Parliament, Gail was one of the biggest TV presenters in the country, Gail, with her husband, Dan Hipgrave, and their daughter, Honey, Gail battled depressio and an eating disorder when she was at the height of her fame, Gail has been open about her battle with alopecea, Gail was sectioned in 2011 and ended up homeless three years later. "They had projected the image as a publicity stunt for FHM's 10o sexiest women but I knew nothing about what they were planning. [22][23] On Richard & Judy on 15 February 2006 she showed her hair, eyebrows and eyelashes were beginning to grow back. She was known professionally as Gail Hipgrave while married to husband Gail Porter's income source is mostly . I covered my face so no one could see me. Resilient Gail is now penning her own book where she will open up about her mental health battles. And probably a liability as well, so it was fair enough.. You only have to look at the timeline of our relationship to see what a whirlwind it was. [12][13], She appeared at London Fashion Week in September 2014[14] and wrote of her experiences for the magazine. When they ask a bloke about their ideal woman, they probably dont say bald or short. Then it all went . As tough as this has been on Gail, it was far from easy for the rest of us.. To the outside world, she looked like she had it all but even after landing her "dream job" presenting Top of the Pops, Gail was constantly plagued by fears she "wasn't good enough". I went down to the house and she was not in a good state. We separated eight months ago, but have tried to keep it quiet," Porter told the Daily Mail, describing her marriage to the Toploader guitarist as "the hardest thing I've ever done". Gail also looked into joining Raya, the high-class membership-based dating site which celebrities such as Adele, Sharon Stone and Normal People actor Paul Mescal have dabbled with. Read our, {{#verifyErrors}} {{message}} {{/verifyErrors}} {{^verifyErrors}} {{message}} {{/verifyErrors}}. She appeared surprised at the presence of around 100 onlookers who had lined the streets opposite the building to catch a glimpse of the celebrity wedding. Ive always been a bit like that. However, in her interview on February 2005, she confirmed they had split up eight months earlier than their official divorce. "They are looking forward to the do, it should be a good laugh.". Dan and Gail were one of the hottest couples of their generation when they married at a register office in her hometown of Edinburgh in 2001. [citation needed], He has written articles for The Guardian, The Daily Telegraph, The Independent, The Mail on Sunday and other publishing outlets. ", Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group, The screen for King Charles' coronation anointing is revealed, Moment large saltwater crocodile snatches pet dog off beach in QLD, Women's rights activists and pro-trans campaigners separated, Ukraine drone strike hits major fuel depot in port Sevastopol, Historic chairs to be reused by the King for the coronation service, Hundreds of Household Division members rehearse for coronation, Russian freight train derails and bursts into flames after explosion, Braverman: People crossing Channel are 'at odds with British values', 'You motherf***ers don't understand': Bam Margera details 'turmoil', Nihal Arthanayake reveals racist abuse he experienced in Altrincham, Unseen footage of Meghan Markle during her teenage years, Cambridge students party in the park during annual celebrations. I'm getting older and I thought I would be over it by now but I don't think I will ever be over it.". For years now I have wanted to scream from the rooftops that I am not this horrible person. [1], In April 1998, Toploader signed a six-album deal with S2 Records, a subsidiary of Sony Records. Hipgrave studied psychiatric nursing at the University of Sussex, until he left in 1996 to devote his time to his band. service Skype. Gail began to lose her hair in 2005 as a result of the condition alopecia. "I went to the pub to get a drink and a police officer sat down next to me, I jokingly asked him if her was going to arrest me. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. But if I did have a relationship Id like someone who has their own place so you dont have to be in each others pockets. Gail famously helped sell a million copies of FHM when her naked image was projected onto the Houses of Parliament. I'd love to meet someone, but I don't feel pretty and it's fine. RM2D3R4X2 - British television presenter Gail Porter (L) and Dan Hipgrave of the pop goup Toploader pose for photographers on the steps of Victoria Street registrar offices in Edinburgh August 10, 2001. Annmarie O'Connor - Living Your Best Life, Eva Green wins High Court battle over sci-fi film collapse, Tom Daleys husband Dustin Lance Black faces trial accused of nightclub assault, Hugh Grant accuses Sun publisher of unlawful acts including burglaries to order, Operation Transformation: 2023 brings some changes as we meet new leaders, Samas O'Reilly: Almost all of our homegrown stars ship their Lyons Tea to London and LA. Presenter Gail Porter and her husband, Dan Hipgrave of the band Toploader, attend the premiere of "Matrix Reloaded" at the Odeon in Leicester Square. But Gails world began to crumble in 2004, when she and husband Dan separated after three years of marriage and later divorced. For 10 years Gail would cut herself and says she felt a sense of relief every time, but knew what she was doing was wrong. I keep telling her, [32], "BBC News | Entertainment | Porter lights up London", "Gail Porter interview on apprenticeships website", "Guerrilla Marketing: Pushing the Limits", "Gail Porter: 'Everyone saw me naked, inside I was breaking', "Gail Porter refuses to wear a wig just to be on TV", "Gail Porter working with Fashion Plus Magazine for LFW", "Gail Porter Makes her Fashion Debut with Fashion Plus Magazine", "London Fashion Week Spring/Summer Day One Exactly What You'd Expect", "Selfie Madness: London Fashion Week from the Eyes of Gail Porter", "TV stars sing for Great Ormond Street Christmas charity single", "Gail Porter discusses recording a celebrity charity single for Great Ormond Street Hospital", "Q: Aren't you too brainy to be a TV presenter? [30], Porter married Toploader guitarist Dan Hipgrave in August 2001[1] and gave birth to their daughter Honey on 3 September 2002. But in the two decades since then, Gail's celebrity fairytale fell apart. The former model and actress was left bald by alopecia in 2005. Jobs just stopped, because you don't look the same. But were 100% fine now.. . As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Im not paying to get laid. "We had been together only six months when we married. I didn't have the sense to speak to a friend, I kept it to myself and my brain exploded. She said: 'I went to rehab for my depression, self-harming, if I didn't have Honey I wouldn't be here. , updated Then I went straight on tour. In 1999, a. She excelled in exams at school with the exception of her Accountancy Higher which, in a rare lapse of concentration, she failed because she bunked off the exam to go to the beach. There are some people who think they have to act in a different way when they reach a certain age, but with me, the older I get, the younger I act. [19], At the start of 2022, Porter was a presenter of Spooked Scotland (or branded as Haunted Scotland for the American audience) alongside Chris Fleming. My daughter's staying at her dads. Sign up for exclusive newsletters, comment on stories, enter competitions and attend events. He was the guitarist in a band dubbed the new Oasis after their Dancing In The Moonlight track hit the charts. For Gail, the most terrifying part of her journey was when she was sectioned for 28 days. So, how much is Gail Porter worth at the age of 51 years old? ", Gail was put in handcuffs and sectioned. TV presenter Gail Porter today described her wedding to pop star Dan Hipgrave as the best day of her life. Dan Hipgrave, 42, is an English musician and the lead guitarist of indie band Toploader. Husband: Dan Hipgrave (m. 2008) Sibling: Not Available: Children: Not Available : Lynsey Hipgrave Net Worth. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, Gail Porter is a TV presenter and former model, She entered Celebrity Big Brother in 2015, Gail Porter opened up about her battle with mental health and being homeless, Gail Porter reveals she's getting a wig and is no longer bankrupt. By 08:21, 07 Mar 2021. Her hair started growing back in May 2010, but fell again at the end of that year. I hardly saw her for a year. She admits she "crumbled" and did something that she's still "deeply ashamed of" - self-harming. Toploader's second album, Magic Hotel, was released in 2002. I've just gone out without my hat on. 'Would you wear a wig, would you mind wearing a wig?' Since then, Gail has worked hard to rebuild her life, she has a flat and her career is on the up. "Ive been homeless, Ive been bankrupt, Ive lost my hair, lost my mum and dad Im still here. The Manic Street Preachers would just walk in for a cup of tea, and I was like, Seriously this is my job?. In the 1990s, she famously posed nude for FHM, which was projected on to the Houses of Parliament. For other inquiries, Contact Us. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Gail, who was sectioned in 2011 and has been open about battling her mental health demons, adds: There have been days Ive come home crying when someones said something or laughed at me on the Tube. He married Gail Porter in 2001 and they have. - says Toploader star and ex-husband of Gail Porter. Special white blood cells in the body, known as T-lymphocytes, cause the hair to stop growing,' she adds. Advertisement Gail Porter Photo Credit: Instagram But despite it entering the UK Albums Chart at number 3, the band were dropped by their label. I take every day as it comes, especially after this year. One night she had nowhere to sleep and ended up on a park bench. Relationships. View our online Press Pack. I know that during our first year together we were both so busy we only saw each other about once a month. Talking in a new candid interview, the TV star also credited her daughter Honey, 18, who she shares with ex-husbandDan Hipgrave, for 'saving her life'. The couple was reportedly dating each other for a long time before the wedding. Gail was married to Honey's dad, Toploader guitarist Dan Hipgrave, between 2001 and 2006 and previously dated Prodigy frontman Keith Flint, who died in 2019, from 1999 to 2000.