The Deathlayer Chicken is visually striking. $16. Hatching Eggs, +6 Week Female, Unsexed Chick, Male. Click on your breeder or hatchery of interest for more information. The hens weigh 1.5 kilos and the roosters weigh 2.2 kilos. We offer a concierge service that allows customers to reserve up to 4 chicks prior to hatching for $10. The Westfalische Totleger is a German breed of chicken. It is important that you start to socialize with this chicken from the moment that they hatch. FLF has been amazing throughout and stayed in contact with me about all aspects of delivery, availability, etc. best of [?] Then you must check this ORGANIC & NON-GMO feed. As a chicken the Deathlayer seems to have it all: the coolest breed name in all of poultrydom, spectacular good looks, and a history in its native Germany that goes back more than 400 years. This breed can date back to Germany as far as 400 or more years ago and a recent German census reports roughly only 1,500 Deathlayer chickens left in Germany. Males average 5.5lb and females 4lb. Just type!Your ad will appear on a Web page exactly the way you enter it here. Deathlayers both gold and silver are soft, docile, and active. The focus of our breeding program is on type and unique color. For example [my story] would show as my story on the Web page containing your story.TIP: Since most people scan Web pages, include your best thoughts in your first paragraph. Click here to see the rest of the form and complete your listing. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. What I Need:Everything you need can usually be purchased at your local feed store. . Producig sex link gold female chcks. However, due to the number of eggs that you will be getting, everything will sort of balance itself out over time. Deathlayer Chickens are originally from Germany. Dream ristorante coreano. ! great fertility rate from 1 year and old hens. Im ordering more chicks as soon as Im done writing this. Even if you do not show off the chicken, you will be able to enjoy the fact that this breed will look great wandering around your land. Aside from the best name ever, this ultra-rare 400-year-old German breed must be one of the most beautiful chickens in existence with shimmering gold hackle and saddle feathers, an iridescent scale pattern on the breast, solid black eyes, and a compact cushion comb. They do lay in winter, so you can expect to have fresh eggs all year long, while pullets reach the point of lay at just 18 weeks. State of Idaho NPIP # 104 Avian Influenza, Pullorum-Typhoid clear. The feathers are either gold or silver. $25. This can make things a little bit tricky for some people. Gold deathlayer chicks The gold deathlayer has only been in the US since 2019. The line was sourced directly from Germany where this once popular bird's population has declined over the centuries. Over 100 breeds available including Silkie, Laying Breeds, Meat breeds dual purpose, rare, exotic and ultra exotic . My personal opinion is that there should only be an option to express ship live chicks since usps can be unpredictable. Hatched April 16. Received an extra Oliver egger in the shipment. But due to the egg shortage we are experiencing a high demand for birds and have a waitlist on all breeds and eggs We hatch as order come in This is why we never really see them being slaughtered for meat. They are rumored to lay eggs to the day they die and in German are called, Totleger, which directly translated is death layer. When searching for a pet chicken, your family should consider this rare chicken breed. Deathlayers are beautiful and rare breed imported from Germany. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'chickenmag_com-leader-2','ezslot_17',132,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-chickenmag_com-leader-2-0');This is due to the way in which they lay their eggs. Their line is directly from Germany. I usually have eggs or chicks of these following rare breeds. Prices go up $2 per week to cover the cost of feed and electricity. Although these are famous for their beauty, this popular bird's population has declined during the last century. Should you have a loss, please contact us within that window. You can check it right here on Amazon. Gold Deathlayer chickens were first imported into the US in 2019 from Germany and are rumored to lay eggs until the day they die! Ordered a lavender Oliver egger, lavender Cochin bantam, and a death layer. We have had our Deathlayer line for 6 years now. We have found that the chicks are more fragile when they are young compared to the other breeds that we carry. I had written a review about how awesome these Deathlayers are. They were introduced in the US by Greenfire Farms, a non-commercial hatchery located in Florida. The history of this breed goes back more than 400 years. This is where this chicken breed really does thrive. I have an 18 month Gold Deathlayer and a 4 Month old Silver Deathlayer. View larger image. The Gold Deathlayer is always ready for a fancy event with its iridescent black tail feathers. Deathlayer hatching eggs cost around $10-$15 per fertilized egg. DL Hatching eggs are sent out April-September. For a long time, the breed was found only in Westphalia. Proudly created with Wix.com. Erica. Your email address will not be published. Our line comes from Green Fire Farms 2019 imported line. If you are a breeder looking for specific SOP traits please contact us to ensure our stock will be the right fit for your breeding goals. Spectrum Poultry carrries the Silver variety. Each line was sourced directly from Germany where this once popular bird's population has declined over the centuries. It is an old landrace breed from Westphalia and is closely related to the Ostfriesische Mowe and Braekel. I breed and sell the rare German breed of Gold Deathlayers. Literature referencing this name is interpreted to mean a chicken that lays to its death. What is gold Deathlayer chicken? -. With its tight cushion comb, iridescent greens and purples in its black feathers, luxuriant tail, and totally black doll eyes, in looks the Deathlayer can easily compete among the most beautiful chickens on the planet. 3. (Ex. * Select the same ship month if ordering multiple breeds. My photo didn't upload, so, adding the photo here. We have had 100% hatch rate and 0% and everywhere in between on shipped eggs. Orders can be placed directly through our website. Select it and click on the button to choose it. Italy Lombardy Como Mezzegra. $10. You can mix and match the different breeds we carry. Gold Deathlayer $ 12.50 - $ 50.00 Aside from the best name ever, this ultra-rare 400-year-old German breed must be one of the most beautiful chickens in existence with shimmering gold hackle and saddle feathers, an iridescent scale pattern on the breast, solid black eyes, and a compact cushion comb. Now, nobody really knows exactly how long this chicken has been around. Click HereTo Check Out OurJuvenileChickens For Sale! We ship chicks Priority Mail Express 1-2 day delivery in a new box with everything they need. FL Silver and Gold Deathlayer eggs and chicks out of mixed pen. Questions or Concerns? That being said, if you are looking to get into show chickens, then the Deathlayer chicken may be a brilliant place to start. Deathlayers aka Westfalische Totleger is an ancient German breed of chicken. Deathlayer Chicken Lifespan With a lifespan of 10 to 12 years, this breed is known for its vigorous lifestyle. Based on basic chicken genetics, A gold rooster x silver hen will produce gold males and females. The second theory less sensational but probably more accurate -- is that the breed was first described by a different name in low German (Dauerleger or, literally, day layer), and over the centuries this name morphed into Totleger. They turn 2 weeks old today. They are beautiful. Great! The High German term, then morphed into Daudtleijer influenced by Low German. Quick Chick FAQs: Straight Run Chicks: Straight Run Chicks are un-sexed, randomly selected and each chick has a 50/50 chance of being a male or female. Their population has declined drastically over the centuries. Sale. Either way, what cannot be denied is that the Deathlayers do lay a large volume of medium-sized white eggs, and their remarkable appearance is like having visiting royalty in your chicken coop. The Deathlayer's feathers are beautiful shades of silver or gold. 352-593-0720 , LA - Deathlayers hatching eggsI have silver Deathlayers hatching eggs $50/12 plus 2, text 318 305 1019, ID - Deathlayers chicks and hatching eggs Westfalische Totleger aka Deathlayers!! Aside from the best name ever, this ultra-rare 400-year-old German breed must be one of the most beautiful chickens in existence with shimmering gold hackle and saddle feathers, an iridescent scale pattern on the breast, solid black eyes, and a compact cushion comb. Click the button and find the first one on your computer. Once we fill our current orders, we will mark them in stock on the website. Our silver line was first imported in 2016, and the gold line in 2019. DEATHLAYER HATCHING EGGS Country Haven Farm Quantity $ 17.94 Add to Cart DEATHLAYER (Westfalische Totleger) hatching eggs shipped fresh from our NPIP certified flock in Ohio. Thanks FLF for all that you've done to make my experience amazing. They appear regal in their stance. Let's talk about the ." Greenfire Farms on Instagram: "Remember our post earlier today highlighting the Gold Deathlayer rooster? 7-8 $19. Chickens are pasture raised. Browse our selection today, and give us a call at 417-532-4581 if you have any questions! I absolutely love my Deathlayer chicks! This combination of colors makes them a stunning addition to your flock. Dual Purpose- No. **We have a Minimum of 6 eggs per order. A recent count of registered birds totaled about 1,500 birds, so if you are looking for a rare stately regal bird with an elegant posture that will add a dignified old world charm to your coop, these are for you. The colloquial Low German name was then translated into High German as the dead man. Search-by-Breed Poultry Breeder Directory, Raising Poultry 101 - Beginner's Guide to Raising Chickens, Fancy Poultry 101 - Beginner's Guide to Showing Poultry, Fancy Poultry 201 - Extend your Knowledge & Learning, Resources & Products - Get Organized & Informed, Click here add details and photos and complete your listing, Breeding Australorps: When to Cull and When to Keep. Select it and click on the button to choose it. However, the best estimates seem to place the bred at about 400-years old. They are a phenomenally active free-ranging breed and are sure to become a favorite with small-scale egg producers and backyard hobbyists. Your email address will not be published. The Gold Deathlayer is always ready for a fancy event with its iridescent black tail feathers. One unsexed Deathlayer chick will cost you between $60 and $100, while common breeds are sold for just $5 to $10 per (sexed) chick. See below for more information and breed history. See estimated availability HERE. Do you have some pictures to add? You would be missing out on hundreds and hundreds of potential eggs if you did that!if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'chickenmag_com-leader-3','ezslot_18',135,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-chickenmag_com-leader-3-0');Deathlayer chickens (Westfalische Totleger). As you can probably guess, this is a chicken breed that has managed to obtain that name from the way it lays eggs (no, it doesnt die when it lays eggs! Gold Deathlayer chickens are beautiful and colorful. Shipping cost is the same flat rate no matter how many chicks you order. The Deathlayer hen will lay an egg that will weigh 1.7 2.3 oz (50 60 g). Do you have some pictures to add? The line was sourced directly from Germany where this once popular bird's population has declined over the centuries. Docile birds if you , OR - Totleger eggs for incubatingSilver Totleger aka Deathlayer, fertilized eggs for incubating. They just tend to run away if somebody gets a little bit too close to them and that person is deemed to be a threat. These may include breeds that aren't laying reliably enough to offer hatching eggs. But eggs colors may vary a bit then what is pictured. NOTE: I DO NOT SHIP CHICKS OUTSIDE OF IDAHO-LOCAL PICKUP ONLY, CALL FOR DETAILS 760-990-3862 (text) or leave voice message 208-628-2772, Idaho NPIP # 104 AI & Pullorum-Typhoid Clean. Rooster is a silver death layer. With its tight cushion comb, iridescent greens and purples in its black feathers, luxuriant tail, and totally black doll eyes, in looks the Deathlayer can easily compete among the most beautiful chickens on the planet. Shipping:You will receive an automatic email and text message when your chicks ship along with tracking info. The hens weigh 1.5 kilos and the roosters weigh 2.2 kilos. They come in 4 colors white, black, blue & splash. Looking forward to seeing these chicks grow. We currently have a waitlist for both chicks and hatching eggs. *Fertility is checked often and is excellent! Their name comes from their egg laying ability - they are known to lay eggs until they die. You can mix and match breeds. I have been working on my stock for several years to ensure the only the sweetest, healthiest birds are bred. HMONG. Details about 6+ Gold Deathlayer Chicken Hatching Eggs Sourced Directly Greenfire Farms *NPIP* See original listing. And, so beautiful! Gold Deathlayer chicken (Westfalische Totleger) The eyes of the Deathlayer chicken will always be black. A rooster weighs around 2.26 kilograms (5 pounds), and a hen weighs around 1.81 kilograms (4 pounds). CREAM CRESTED LEGBAR. We offer pure lines but select primarily on egg color, vigor and temperament. Sadly, they were almost entirely abandoned in favor of commercial breeds and almost went extinct in the 1980s. See below for more information and breed history. $20 per chick. This breed was originally prized for its excellent production, foraging instincts, and ability to tolerate the foreboding climate of the Ravensberg foothills about 90 miles from the Swiss Alps. I have 7 or 8 Golden Deathlayer chicks that I have hatched, for sale. Their tight comb makes them perfectly adaptable for our weather in the Midwest. Great! We will begin filling local Deathlayer chick orders in April. Gold deathlayer chicks. Very beautiful breed, that forages well. This extremely rare, shockingly beautiful, ancient German breed has flirted with extinction for some time. Payments are required in full at the time of purchase. -. If you get an error, check to make sure that the picture is less than 1 MB. (Ex. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. . As a product of this environment, the Deathlayer developed compact cushion combs to help prevent frostbite, and taught, neatly-organized plumage to keep out the drafts; all of this coalescing to form a beautiful, dignified bird.