0000045994 00000 n Thats crazy. 0000024988 00000 n Tours He has ministered to countless people. In a previous interview, Mr. Solo explained his mission of his music, "The Gospel Gangstaz stand in a position to help because we have seen how the Gospel of Christ is real. Gospel Gangstaz. 04:31 Writer: Meech - Mr. Solo - Chille' Baby / Composers: Meech - Mr. Solo - Chille' Baby. In 1994, his group released their debut album, Gang Affiliated followed by Do or Die. In a previous interview, Mr. Solo explained his mission of his music, The Gospel Gangstaz stand in a position to help because we have seen how the Gospel of Christ is real. Justin likes to work with indie artists to develop their brands & marketing strategies. ThE LEGENDARY "GOSPEL GANGSTAZ" WELCOME YOU TO THE OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE! Over the years the groups influence would reach and inspire many both in music and those in gang culture as they ministered through their real music. What you need, you need mics? We learned that back in the day. Please keep him and his family in your prayers. I Can See Clearly Now. Artist Training, Charles Washington (stage name Mr. Solo), passed away unexpectedly May 22, Kari Jobe and Cody Carnes Announce Fall 2023 International Tour. Im up. If you need something to cheer you up, we suggest you check out the Zoom Chat we did with RMG. Then right after that, well come back with a Gospel Gangsta album. But you know, he was such a perfectionist, its like, well have a song and hell be like, but it needs this one little bitty thing. And records will pile up and pile up and pile up and pile up. 0:00 / 3:38 A Tribute to a Legend . Sup put us on, bro. As a fan of hip hop I was introduced to CHH in 99. Im the older guy in the game. Chille Baby of Gospel Gangstaz posted a heartbreaking status this morning that stated his partner in rap, Mr. Solo, had passed on unexpectedly. May he rest well with our Father & may the Holy Spirit comfort those who mourn his loss. Then when we met them, we really got some respect from them. 03:36 05. Welcome to our weekly episode of Rapzilla.coms Top Christian Rap News Recap. He was the first one that went and told people if you dont sign these dudes youre crazy., Now all these years later, hes still on a track with you. Events ewells35 1 yr. ago now this is a classic throw back. In 1993, Mr. Solo founded the Gospel Gangstaz and revolutionized Gospel music with their gritty, yet inspirational brand of hip hop. 0000161444 00000 n 0000002344 00000 n Because churches wasnt paying companies, wasnt paying peoples mind, people wasnt paying publishing. The Legacy that Mr Solo leaves this world, is one that will continue to impact the Christian Hip Hop community and the world, for a very long time to come. Prior to the release of the gospel hip-hop classic, 1999's "I Can See Clearly Now," I witnessed Mr. Solo do an acapella-poetry rendition of the then upcoming single, "Once Was Blind." Like I was telling somebody else the other day, you dont look back at the years when you, when pressing forward with the gospel and youre in it. 0000018230 00000 n (@cashhollistah) May 23, 2020, Woke up to the terrible news that Mr. Solo from the Gospel Gangstas passed away last night. 106 0 obj <> endobj All these guys, you know, south-central cartels, the, you know what Im saying? hb```g``Mc`c`0m`a@ VmP}N!mTtw:B&WnJM&K[\ ep9VY"BYPc; \ccQRyG AM m `Uaa ~1 I wanted to do it and I dedicated it to him to let him know that look, bro, it can be done. You striving to be, but you aint perfect man. He gonna write all the records, you know what Im saying? pic.twitter.com/d0pT0hlAFh, SketchTheJournalist (@SketchtheJ) May 23, 2020. You need to know where you come from. Thank you for your work and legacy RIH. Overview ; Biography ; Discography ; Songs Other than that, you was not seen because you couldnt just get online to cop stuff back then. The Gospel Gangstaz exploded onto the CHH scene in the early 90s with their 1994 release Gang Affiliated. Thats something else that you could be able to feed your family with. Christian Rap & Urban Christian Culture's most visited destination has been Rapzilla.com, since 2003. If youre interested in sponsoring, endorsing, or promoting this show, hit us up! Theyre gonna say where it started in New York. The Gospel Gangstaz have teamed up with some of the biggest names in Gospel music including Kirk Franklin A-1 Swift CMC's and Mary Mary. When he's not bumpin hip-hop, you can catch him leading worship at his local church, rooting on the Chicago Cubs with his wife, or swimming with his kids. . Any artist that signs up on campeightrepublic.com to be sold as a download. They have not recorded with him since then and Tik Tokk has not performed with the group for years. So at the end of the day, whats one, you say, you giving me $5 a CD non-exclusive yeah. i've said solo is top 5 of CHH and that will never be up for debate with me. Posted: June 29, 2020, 5:00 PM | Category: Dove, Demarie Sheki, Mr. Solo (3), Tik Tokk Variations: Viewing All | Gospel Gangstaz Visceral Apps > Blog > Uncategorized > how did mr solo from gospel gangstaz die. On the call in addition to myself was Derek Minor, Canon, Byron Juane, DJ Standout, Danielle Apicella, and marketing director Brandon Boone. You aint gotta worry about, oh, is gonna come soft? Nah, baby. Mr. Solo influenced my content immensely. Washington unexpectedly passed away on May 22, 2020. I got you. Its not what you get. xref 0000123861 00000 n Founding member of the L. A. CHH supergroup Gospel Gangstaz; Chille Baby drops in on Church on The Block with to share his testimony and why street ministry is so important today. The Bible says that the gift comes without repentance. Bust gages from a pee-wee to BG to teenage rampages. Washington unexpectedly passed away on May 22, 2020. Gospel Gangstaz & R. Collins, Gospel Gangstaz Announce Release Date for Defenders of the Faith, Trendency Records Announces Signing of Gospel Rap Group Keno Camp, Trendency Records Signs Legendary Gospel Rap Group Gospel Gangstaz. 2022 NewReleaseToday Since the first album The Original Gospel Gangsters have made a permanent mark in the Christian Hip Hop scene. Concert Reviews In 1994, his group released their debut album, Gang Affiliated followed by Do or Die. The Gospel Gangstaz comprised DJ Dove, Chilly Chill, Tic Toc, and Mr. Solo, all onetime Los Angeles gang-bangers who later spread the Lord's message via the hard beats and gritty rhymes of the West Coast Read Full Biography. Its dope. And when he said that, I felt like I got a million dollars. He hit me up, man. Went in there, shut that thing down, you know what I mean? Sign up today to start receiving our free weekly email! They would go downtown to the clubs where everybody rapped secular and freestyle and they would go shut the underground clubs down and then thats how they got known. Like Im finally a real gospel rapper. And if you didnt see that person on stage, you bought the tape, you bought the CD. Were five songs in already. We endeavor to grab the best stories from the previous week and give them to you every Monday. Man Of FAITH releases new single and announces upcoming album, Mary Ozaraga Releases a New Single Outrageous Love, Queen City Worship Love Has Carried Me (Audio), Juzo Releases New Single After Two Year Hiatus, Deus Ex Machina, Premiere: Rise and Shine with Dollis Debut Single Wake Up, Audiomack Kicks Off Keep the Faith Artist-Themed Gospel Playlist Series with Lecrae, Limoblaze & More, The Grizzly Awards announce winners during 4th annual livestream, Grammy Award winner Jonas Myrin on MOUNTAINS, EXCLUSIVE: Thomas Muglia talks about I Have A Father, Behold the Beloved chat about new album No Surrender, Maddie Rey on DWELLing in the house of God and her Amazon Exclusive, Aryn Michelles PARIAH: Examining songs of Biblical Outcasts [Review], Aryn Michelle Speaks Truth on New Single America, Nate Parrish Performs Soul Surgery with Newest Album, Behold the Beloved Offer No Surrender on Electrifying New Album, MRIAH embraces her power in LIVE From The Quarry, Audio: B-Fade Find Your Mind ft. E.T. What? Solo, Passed away. Ill catch the current of water if I can hear it. Yall listened to me for a long time, but Im gonna be a pillar for yall to sit by and, and if yall need me, Im right here. His work ethic was so crazy. Its what you take home. I was sleeping in the city, man. Idol king, Mike Peace, LPG, Tunnel Ratz, You know the Tunnel Ratz, I just talked to D about a month ago, they were so cold at what they did because, in the genre, they were the freestylers back then for us. 0000003136 00000 n I started to say, well, if I dont keep up with this guy, Im gonna be in trouble. Christian Rap & Urban Christian Culture's most visited destination has been Rapzilla.com, since 2003. I just gotta do a record. LOC, Mr. Solo from Gospel Gangstaz Passes Away. Derek Minor (@thederekminor) May 23, 2020, After my ma got saved she only let us play gospel & Motown in the house. 0000008566 00000 n Death For Life (Intro) Gospel . 0000170726 00000 n Because let me tell you, it was a lot of lonely dark hours in that studio for me. They never talked about what I was going through. 0000029303 00000 n Movies / Media 0 2022 Rapzilla Freshmen Class List Revealed, Vote On Christian Rap Hot Or Not Submissions Of The Day (2/24/22), Trip Lee Drops At the Cross as 1st Monthly Single [Listen Here], Christian Rap Song Drops [April 28th] (Listen Here), TobyMac Said THIS About Lecrae & 116 in 2013, KB Elaborates on Reusing Old Lyrics for New Songs. 68 talking about this. Im not gonna charge you $19 a year. https://www.facebook.com/GospelGangstaz/. Submissions: https://rapzilla.com/submit/, Copyright 2022 Rapzilla.com | All Rights Reserved. Gospel Gangstaz. 0000009425 00000 n 0000003990 00000 n 0000014842 00000 n 0000124091 00000 n Gospel Gangstaz G'd Up official music video [watch in HD] - YouTube Part 1 of the Official Gospel Gangstaz music video "G'd Up". 142 35 shares Like Most relevant Marques Goodwin Rest in Heaven, Mr. Solo. Music Studies Their next album, I Can See Clearly Now, marked their first release with record label B-Rite in 1999. Gospel Gangstaz is a Greater Los Angeles Area-based Christian hip hop group. [Tic Toc] To do or to die, thats my options. Christian Rap & Urban Christian Culture's most visited destination has been Rapzilla.com, since 2003. Mr. Solo from Gospel Gangstaz Passes Away Unverified Reports Indicate Mr. Solo from Gospel Gangstaz Has Passed Away May 23, 2020 According to initial information coming in, Charles Washington (aka Mr. Solo) passed away on Friday, May 22nd. It was lonely. And the reason why I didnt used to say anything is because I used to always tell them, Im as dope but Im a little more different than yall. And I aint stop. Gospel Gangstaz had raised the bar in Christian Rap. As a former gang member who was born in New Orleans but grew up in South Central Los Angeles, Mr. Solo came to faith after nearly dying in a gang-related shooting. 0000015526 00000 n Having previously spent time rapping about darker, worldly subjects, he found new motivation to use his skills to change the lives of others that could relate to his previous lifestyle. 0000029583 00000 n %%EOF I couldnt connect with the stories. Devotionals I got you, man. Gospel Gangstaz: 04:47 The album received a Grammy nomination in the Best Rock Gospel Album category. But their third album I Can See Clearly Now released in 1999 was their debut CD on B-Rite, a major label. At TheChristianBeat.org, our mission is to point you to music that connects the human heart with Jesus in all seasons of life. " The Gospel Gangstaz have been in the game since 1989," says GG'z member Mr. Solo. The Sleeping Giant has been a long time coming, and its an album full of solid features from other pioneers as well as up and comers from the Camp 8 label. We want to thank Mr Solo and his Family for the years of sacrifice and obedience that will continue to reach the lost, may God bless you richly. And ever since it was a blessing because all the people that considered themselves real emcees and about wordplay was like, Whoa, I didnt even know yall came like that.. There are not many details yet, but this news is tragic. I'll sting you like a killer bee and swarm like the wu (bzz-bzz) I can't allow myself to get tricked . He has been in the music business since 1990 in many different roles - drummer; independent recording artist; senior buyer for the largest independent music distributor in the country; publicist; marketing agent; and current owner of a music distribution and record label company. You know, the reason why I called it The Sleeping Giant is cause I felt like when it came from the Gospel Gangstaz Tik, Solo, and me, they used to say everything. Start with the Rapzilla Playlist and work your way down. So, probably what a lot of people wanna know. Amir Windom Explains How Canal Street Soundtrack Came Together & Explains Films Incorporate Original Music, Trip Lee Drops At the Cross as 1st Monthly Single [Listen Here], Christian Rap Song Drops [April 28th] (Listen Here), TobyMac Said THIS About Lecrae & 116 in 2013, KB Elaborates on Reusing Old Lyrics for New Songs. 0000129579 00000 n And it didnt just start with the Gospel Gangstaz. The first one that put us on TV, he was the first one that got us on the radio. I look at it like, its not my music. All of the weeks top stories in one place in the TCB Newsletter. I wore this one out & is a big reason why I make music today. The whole song is a reference to Romans 6:16. The most misquoted lyrics from this song are. 0000001835 00000 n Directed &. They sending it to me as a product. Similar Artists. 0000004040 00000 n "[citation needed], "Professionally, Mr. Solo and Chille' Baby have not been associated with Tik Tokk since 2003. You gotta know your history. He is survived by his wife of 14 years, Kumiko Ohigashi, seven children sons: Charles Washington (12), Caleb Washington (7), daughters: Krystal Washington (27), Kymani Washington (24), Coniah Washington (19), Kioko Washington (13), Suki Washington (8), two step-children, James Ohigashi (18), Asia Ohigashi (16), mother: Rosemary Washington, and three sisters: Shawanda Cheatham, Da Shon Davis, and Cynthia Carter. We want to go back to the hood and let our light shine. Gospel Gangstaz is known for their unique combination of musical talent and Christian lifestyle, as evidenced in their songs. Gospel Gangstaz: 01:57 . THIS IS ONE OF MY SADDEST DAYZ! This page is not available in other languages. [3] Other releases from the group include All Mixed UP (2000), The Exodus (2002), The Flood (2006) and a video documentary/soundtrack called Street Disciples (2011). [citation needed] When asked about the announcement that Tik Tokk, a former member of the Gospel Gangstaz, had been arrested on July 6 for his alleged involvement in a Bibb County, GA shooting, Chille' Baby said, "It was a major, major shock. You need a studio, what you need Beats? Here is what some of CHH is saying about it: Every time someone showed me Christian rap, it felt irrelevant. You got a lot of stuff going on. The top source for new Christian Hip Hop music, news & more. Listen, God does so many amazing things. 1394 fans Top Tracks. !THIS IS ONE OF MY SADDEST DAYZ!R.I.P 2 MY BROTHER, MY BROTHER IN YAHWEH,MY HOMIE,MY BUSINESS PARTNERMY DAY 1 AND MY BEST FRIEND!WE DID EVERYTHING TOGETHER SINCE WE WAS KIDSOUR WHOLE LIVES TEARS WILL C 4EVA STUCC ON MY FACE! He retired from performing as he entered his ninth decade but never halted his activism until his death on April 24 at the age of 96, as reported by The New York Times. It was just, you go to some churches, they support you. Im already like four songs in on the next album. how did mr solo from gospel gangstaz die. For us, we had to get in there and get grinding, we had to go from church to church, to church, to prison, to prison, to block, to block. I got you.. Charles Washington aka. In winter of 1996, the group's follow up, Do or Die was released. I wanna give believers quality music. I just wanted to show Solo, in passing that everything we worked for every time he touched the mic, everything that he was trying to do before he passed away was not in vain, bro. Their music elevated the sounds of CHH to that west coast gangsta sound that was dominating the airwaves at the time. He critiques everything. David C. Coleman is the President & Owner of JesusWired.com as well as a contributor to the site. Having previously spent time rapping about darker, worldly subjects, he found new motivation to use his skills to change the lives of others that could relate to his previous lifestyle. Mr. Solo was known for his unique combination of musical talent and Christian lifestyle. This album had some bangers on it, man. I dont know about you but i, be do or die. 0000106597 00000 n 0000002718 00000 n You know we had three people in the group? I call some of these emcees microwave rappers, you know because they can get on then just press a button and be like, Im signed. Gospel Gangstaz. [1], The group is known for their unique combination of musical talent and Christian lifestyle, as evidenced in their songs. Here's the official press release regarding our loss of Mr. Solo. That was a time when we really sharpened that work ethic. No strangers to the industry, Mr. Solo, Tik Tokk, and Chille' Baby embarked on a mission to reach lost souls using the avenue of rap.. See previous 1999 interview. The top source for new Christian Hip Hop music, news & more.