Your culture and entertainment cheat-sheet. BENJAMIN: Yes. BENJAMIN: Couldn't, and it, like - I would say it destroyed at least half the trip, I think, yeah - a lot of resentment back and forth, although I was right. Katz: Professional Therapist in the late 90s. I was, like, in sixth grade. Thats how I went to school every day, Benjamin said. Narrated by Bobs Burgers and Archer star H. Jon Benjamin, How to Defeat PragerU: Introducing the Gravel Institute, was released today and outlined a big NPR transcripts are created on a rush deadline by an NPR contractor. Graduated from Worcester Academy in 1984. When asked what does his parents think of his success in two prime-time cartoons, Benjamin quipped, I dont know if they know about it. Not a lot of movies do that. Fast, Factual, Free! H Jon Benjamin is a famous American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician. Primarily, he is known for his voice roles in adult animated series, like Sterling Archer in Archer, Bob Belcher in Bobs Burgers, Carl in Family Guy, and Ben in Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist. [6] He graduated from Worcester Academy in 1984 and Connecticut College in 1988.[7]. "Mother's still on the sub. And, you know, I think the personal stories that I tell in my life I think sort of do add up to say that you can fail and fail and fail again and continue to move forward. By Inga Phlegar. The mission of the Media Research Center is to document and combat the falsehoods and censorship of Sold by: Shopville USA . You never know if Scotty drunk ate one.. Also, he is the husband to Linda and the father to Tina, Gene, and Louise. By the time Archer debuted in 2009, H. Jon Benjamin had already put together an impressive career. KELLY: I am well. He is a man of below-average stature. H Jon Benjamin is a famous American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician. Recurring segments] In addition to Demetri's unconventional style of stand-up comedy, which he has performed for many years, there are Despite that, the vast majority of the most beloved animated characters in history have been voiced by people who can walk around in public without being recognized. All Rights Reserved. On top of that, lots of Archer fans are unaware of everything Benjamin has been up to in the years since Archer made its television debut. THE HILL 1625 K STREET, NW SUITE 900 WASHINGTON DC 20006 | 202-628-8500 TEL | 202-628-8503 FAX. I have plenty of fond memories. John Padget, MS 59, writes from Key West, FL, reporting, My Cornell roommate, Bruce Whilton, of Gloucester, MA, and Punta Gorda, FL, passed away peacefully in June 2022 in Punta Gorda after a long and well-lived life. He is the voice "talent" of the main characters in animated series "Archer," and "Bob's Burgers," and now he's doing Arby's commercials, as the brand new "head of sandwiches!" Subscribe. And he never shared the information with us.. Gee, thats a dicey way to put it.. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. Label. So they still havent fixed that like crazy, theres 16 ways to get into a car accident., In 2018, Benjamin wrote Failure Is An Option: An Attempted Memoir.. Instead, the punchline is inevitably that people are terrible at figuring out what matters most and would rather have weird, embarrassing revenge sex, drink themselves blind or encounter otherworldly monsters than deal with what matters. native H. Jon Benjamin of 'Bob's Burgers', "Super Bowl 43 ad: Budweiser Bud Light - Conan O'brien 'Vroom Vroom Party Starter', "Vulture TV Awards: The Year's Best Male Comedy Performer Is H. Jon Benjamin", "Watch H. Jon Benjamin Record a Whole Jazz Album on the Piano Even Though He Can't Play the Piano", "H. Jon Benjamin Discusses Why He Recorded Jazz Album in Recently Surfaced Interview", "Arby's Wants You To Know It Does More Than Just Roast Beef", "H. Jon Benjamin's 'Morning Bird Reports' Have Brought Joy to Many in Dark Times", "Sanders campaign releases video series hosted by voice actor H. Jon Benjamin", "The Gravel Institute Is Trying to Make PragerU, But Good", "10 Things to Know About '22 Jump Street', Annie Award for Outstanding Achievement for Voice Acting in an Animated Television/Broadcast Production, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=H._Jon_Benjamin&oldid=1150732087, Male actors from Worcester, Massachusetts, Short description is different from Wikidata, Wikipedia introduction cleanup from November 2019, Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from November 2019, All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify, All articles with vague or ambiguous time, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2016, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Coach John McGuirk, Jason Penopolis, Various Voices, Reginald the Jewelry Store Clerk, InvisiBill, Additional Voices, Bob Belcher, Jimmy Pesto Jr., Various Voices, This page was last edited on 19 April 2023, at 21:18. Matthew Thomas is a freelance writer who has written hundreds of articles over the last several years. So much so, a reporters well-thought-out questions serve merely as comedic fodder and set-ups for Benjamins fine-tuned punchlines. Related: 10 Stars Who Are Surprisingly Great Voice Actors. No need to be a Debbie downer. They start idly speculating about how the victim might have died, suggesting weirder and weirder methods, until Krieger tops them all: "Multidimensional hellbeast that confronts us with the horror of our own existence?" I think, certainly, it informed me to think quick on my feet and also move quick on my feet, Benjamin recalled. I'm not opposed to putting myself in danger for meaningless comedy. But I hope for the best for the reader.\"*Read more here: https://www.npr.org/2018/05/02/607817990/failure-is-an-option-urges-people-to-let-go-of-the-constant-grind-towards-succesWatch the Majority Report live MF at 12 p.m. EST at youtube.com/samseder or listen via daily podcast at http://Majority.FMDownload our FREE app: http://majorityapp.comSUPPORT the show by becoming a member: http://jointhemajorityreport.comLIKE us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/MajorityReportFOLLOW us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/MajorityFMSUBSCRIBE to us on YouTube: http://youtube.com/SamSeder Jokingly asked how it feels to be the most famous person to ever graduate from Worcester Academy, even more famous than Abbie Hoffman and Cole Porter, Benjamin responded gamely. Quick idea for the name of a tea shop- ooh me so horny, me love you oolong time tea shop,. It was, sort of normal kids beating up other kids stuff.. He's crawling around, and another mom wanders over. Abbie Hoffman came to the Homecoming one year," he said. Mostly void stuff.". American actor, comedian, writer and producer, Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp, Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters, Something, Something, Something, Dark Side, "A Solute to Mitch, the Can of Vegetables from Wet Hot American Summer", "H. Jon Benjamin Talks FX's Archer Season Finale", "Flipping barbs with Mass. Benjamin's live projects include the Midnight Pajama Jam, a show performed in New York City with Jon Glaser and Tinkle, a show combining stand-up comedy and live music, co-hosted by Todd Barry and David Cross. Unfortunately for H. Jon Benjamin, he upset a lot of people in 2018. As a longtime comedian and actor, H. Jon Benjamin has spent a huge portion of his life trying to make people laugh. Unfortunately, Benjamin completely missed the mark when he tried to make people laugh with a tweet in September of 2018. None. Well, I Should Have (subtitled Learned How To Play Piano) is an experimental jazz [1] album by American comedy actor H. Jon Benjamin. He is known as the voice of Bob Belcher That makes no sense. It was just amazing., Jon was always really curious, his mother added. Benjamin wrote a comedic autobiography, Failure is an Option: An Attempted Memoir, which was published by Penguin Random House in May 2018. KELLY: Well, it wasn't an absolute parenting failure from the point of view of - your son is still alive and with us. Benjamins precision, sarcasm and self-deprecating humor is inherently Worcester. Alcoholism, racism, tinnitus and assorted bullying are all grist for the mill in ways that don't sound especially funny until you see the context and hear H. Jon Amy works as a set decorator. He was born on May 23, 1966, in Worcester, Massachusetts, in the United States. He potrays as Bob Belcher the titular protagonist of the show and owner of Bobs Burgers. I never thought I would make it in the 'Star Trek' universe but I did, Benjamin said. In 2009, Benjamin and David Cross created and wrote for Paid Programming, a live-action pilot for Cartoon Network's late night programing block, Adult Swim. When talking to Worcester native H. Jon Benjamin, it becomes quickly obvious that you can take the boy out of Worcester, but you cant take the Worcester out of the boy. I took my eyes off for - I don't know - a minute or so, and he was next to a tree. Benjamin co-starred in Todd Barrys short film Borrowing Saffron and portrayed a talking can of vegetables in Wet Hot American Summer. He made short cameos in Not Another Teen Movie as the football trainer and on the FX Network comedy drama Rescue Me as the pimp "F-bomb" in season two. Could have just hopped on the train and had fun. 4.8 out of 5 stars Today the US stands on the brink of war while our political institutions fall to pieces. Related: 20 Things Most Fans Missed In 'Bob's Burgers'. We may find ourselves driven by "void stuff" to take drastic measures like watching silly television cartoons about spies and feeling an unusual pang of gratitude that they're still on the air, valiantly making fun of the worst things that can happen. I have to say my favorite chapter was Chapter 20, "How I Failed To Have A Chinese Dinner While Visiting My Parents In Arizona.". Visit our website terms of use and permissions pages at www.npr.org for further information. [1] He also narrated the audiobook. Additionally, Benjamin has landed live-action roles in shows like Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later and Difficult People as well as movies like 22 Jump Street. If you do nothing long enough, something's bound to happen. His career kicked off in Boston, where he was in a comedy duo with Sam Seder and then Cross Comedy which was led by David Cross. 2005-2023, Media Research Center. So its not that weird.. [19], Benjamin was named "Harry" after his paternal grandfather, but his family has always called him by his middle name "Jon";[1] in his early years, he was unaware of his actual first name. So sure, Im going to go with the fantasy version. She also taught dance at her own studio for 40 years, while her husband used to dance at weddings. Not only that, Benjamins character is the first one who has ever admitted to eating a tribble. In addition, he appeared in The Bobs Burgers Movie as the voice of Bob Belcher in 2022. WebH Jon Benjamin is a famous American actor, comedian, writer, producer, and musician. And thats what he did.. He co-starred in Todd Barry's short film Borrowing Saffron and portrayed a talking can of vegetables with a shameful habit of autofellatio in the film Wet Hot American Summer. For the first seven years of his career, Benjamin almost exclusively worked in groups rather than independently. In what was almost the series finale, its characters travel by submarine to Antarctica to solve a murder. Turd Mahoy. And, with the role, Benjamin became arguably the most despicable character ever introduced in the Star Trek universe. H. Jon Benjamin is responsible for countless voices in some of the most acclaimed and beloved animated series. So Ive lost my voice a lot doing Archer, Benjamin said. I think its a story that was really something that Howard experienced, Jons mother said. But, underneath his morose delivery is an all-around nice guy. Booking price. In fact, even major celebrities have weighed in on the cancel culture debate. The last time we saw Bob Belcher, the patriarch and chief restaurateur on Bobs Burgers, he agreed to deliver his arch-rival Jimmy Pesto his hernia medication and proceeded to play with his belongings while he was sleeping. KELLY: The whole gates, the whole neon, the whole P.F. EXCLUSIVE: Biden pick to head National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Saudi alfalfa sparks tension in Arizonas Sonoran Desert. That's not really a lesson I've learned; I sort of always did it that way. The chances of this happening is 0. Amanda Bynes Bitter Battle With Bipolar Disorder Didn't Stop These Celebrities From Feuding With Her, Jerry Springer And Steve Wilkos Enjoyed One Last Emotional Moment On The Air Just Prior To His Passing. I agree this joke was lazy and incompetent and formulated quickly while making a cup of oolong tea. I would love to see that. WebHarry Jon Benjamin is an American actor, voice actor and comedian best known for voicing characters, such as Sterling Archer in the animated sitcom Archer; Bob Belcher in the I did go back into my personal history, but there's a lot of other sort of forays into comedy bits. They were quietly and reluctantly supportive., I was definitely supportive, Jons mother said. 1.21M subscribers. He could throw a ball like a baseball pitcher. Accuracy and availability may vary. Benjamin is in a relationship with his longtime partner Amy Beth Silver. Jons father, Howard B. Benjamin, was the CEO and treasurer of Benjamin Electric Supply and Lighting Center, with operations in Worcester and Fitchburg. The two have a son, Judah, and reside in Brooklyn. merged with MRCTV to form a new conservative media platform, designed Their success led them to become members of David Cross Cross Comedy, a popular comedy troupe in Boston. Primarily, he is known for his voice roles in adult animated series, like Benjamin recalled. Sign up for our MRCTV Daily newsletter to receive the latest news. BENJAMIN: I hope. Also, he is an amateur ornithologist. My career has been a success, which Im thankful for, and I am thankful every day, Benjamin said. I looked up. So does Benjamin, a man whose disembodied voice inhabits the title character in two hit series, feel hes a success or a failure? Benjamin has appeared in numerous tv shows and movies, some of them including: KELLY: Oh, I see. As for whose voice is harder to, Bob Belcher or Sterling Archer, Benjamin said its certainly the dimwitted superspy. View Cart . In May 2018, he wrote a comedic autobiography Failure is an Option: An Attempted Memoir, which was published by Penguin Random House. From bad to worse: Student misbehavior rises further since return of in-person Lightfoot sends letter to Abbott urging him not to send any more migrants, CNNs Wallace spars with Sanders after slamming companies. At that point, in my thinking, it was unconventional, but, however, he should go for it. Welcome CNSNews readers! I would credit him for certainly the career I have. I was actually a small kid. Benjamin starred as the Devil and multiple other roles in Lucy, the Daughter of the Devil, which ran for one season on Adult Swim beginning September 9, 2007. Also, people like cartoons.. 2023 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. "They could sue. Growing up in London, Ontario, Canada, Matthew developed a love for storytelling that he loves to share with others through his writing. It's easy to flatter ourselves about what we're sophisticated enough to either find funny or scoff at until we're in the moment. H. Jon Benjamin is an American voice actor, born as Henry Jon Benjamin, on May 23, 1966, in Worcester, Massachusetts. For example, Benjamin put out a statement professing his full support for Sanders during the 2020 Presidential campaign. A lot of what makes "Archer" good and it is really good is the way it blends good things that are odd together. His parents were a little bit baffled by their sons recollection about being beaten up by kids in the neighborhood. So yeah, that was a big failure. BENJAMIN: No. Unsurprisingly, Benjamins tweet was deemed racist by most people for good reason. The voice actor is willing to let the judicial system decide who gets to use the ISIS acronym.