See if your SAT score is good enough for admission. ", "The USC Suzanne Dwirak-Peck School of Social Work is a great program that helps an individual grow and learn so much information. I am a faculty member at a highly-selective liberal arts college, and I rotate on the admissions committee every 5 years or so. What Is The Average Gpa For Usc Graduates? But it is notable that the faculty member does not apparently find letters from mentors a significant part of the process. USC admission statistics. Find other colleges with similar ACT score requirements. For a school as selective as USC, youll also need to impress them with the rest of your application. Granted, every candidate comes with a similar string of superlatives in the recommendations. You should definitely follow us on social media. SAT is a registered trademark of the College Entrance Examination BoardTM. school's page in our, GPA, Test Scores, and Common Mistakes on a USC Film School Application, How to Get Into Columbia University Film School: Exclusive Advice From the Admissions and Industry and Outreach Departments (Part 1), How to Get an Offer of Study From London Film School (LFS): Tips From the Admissions, Recruitment, Marketing & Workshops teams (Part 1), How to Get Into NFTS, the #1 International Film School: Exclusive Advice From the Admissions Department (Part 1), How to get into Chapman's Dodge College of Film and Media Arts: Tips from the Department of Admissions (Part 1), How to get into FSU's College of Motion Picture Arts: Tips from Paige Roberts, Head of Admissions (Part 1), ***DECISION SEASON SALE*** - Lifetime Supporting Membership $20 off normal price, UCLA TFT - Producers Program (M.F.A.) In the Top 25 schools in the nation, tied with UCLA and UC Berkeley. Home University Of Southern California What Is The Average Gpa For Usc Graduates? If USC is currently out of your reach, you might already be competitive for these schools. USC Marshall student launches digital game that teaches teams how to tackle the most difficult problems ", "USC provided many unique options and experiences. High educational standards and up to date curriculum are used to prepare students to become productive and efficient professionals upon completion of the program. Don't hide your true feelingsif USC is your first choice for college, let them know! Now, let's take a look at all the major USC deadlines, ordered from soonest to latest. Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Please try again later. If your GPA is at or below the school average of 3.79, you'll need a higher SAT or ACT score to compensate. I really enjoyed my time there I think it's an incredible environment and I didn't want to leave that behind to be honest. For a more detailed breakdown of University of Southern California (USC) admissions requirements read here. It is rated higher than USC in every magazine and poll, including U.S. News & World Report and The Princeton Review. ", "USC offers a competitive and challenging MSW program. USC has the Score Choice policy of "Highest Section.". What GPA do I need to get into USC grad school? 13% of those who apply are granted admission to USC. For a school as selective as USC, you'll also need to impress them with the rest of your application. What is the average GPA of accepted students at USC? ", "I am a perennial student, pursuing my second masters, and had my share of learning experiences. What GPA do you need to get into University of Southern California? If you apply the strategies in this guide, you'll study smarter and make huge score improvements. Average GPA: 3.79 With a GPA of 3.79, USC requires you to be above average in your high school class. Your application readers will only see that one score. ", "RUN! Copyright by Peterson's Data. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(360031, 'c8b8e502-c285-4182-9589-5f8ae230e78a', {"useNewLoader":"true","region":"na1"}); Hannah received her MA in Japanese Studies from the University of Michigan and holds a bachelor's degree from the University of Southern California. It makes me feel a little less nervous about the fact that I painted fireworks on my autobiographical character sketch because it felt right.. Freshman application deadline for all other majors (without merit scholarship consideration), Applicants selecting Early Action will be notified of their admission or deferral to Regular Decision, Transfer application deadline for all other majors (without merit scholarship consideration), Transfer Priority Deadline to submit the FAFSA and CSS Profile for need-based financial aid consideration, Cal Grant application deadline (for California residents), Freshman Regular Decision applicants will be notified of their admission decision, (For transfer applicants) Last day by which final admission notifications will be sent out, (For transfer applicants) Last day by which scholarship status notifications will be sent out. After you graduated from the MFA program at USC what led you back to work at USC? Thanks to its location near Hollywood, many famous alumni include actors, actresses, and filmmakers. SAT I can see the logic of this. Regardless, you can choose your single best ACT score to send in to USC, so you should prep until you reach our recommended target ACT score of 34. Your essay must be no longer than 250 words, or about half the length of a typical college admissions essay. After several years of teaching, I transitioned into the world of educational consulting. USC does not have a university-wide minimum GPA requirement for graduate admission eligibility. Graduate applicants are evaluated on a number of criteria such as academic performance, test scores, statement of purpose, letters of recommendation, and whether or not their academic and research interests are an appropriate fit with the degree program. One thing that strikes me as consistent with my experience is the appreciation of candid and heartfelt expression, and emphasis on the personal over the professional. Is it hard to get into USC graduate school? If you're applying here, you are probably wondering what the USC admissions requirements are and what you'll need to stand out as an applicant. The regular admissions application deadline for USC is January 15. If you're currently competitive for USC, you should have no problem getting into these schools. Aspiring Trojans who need a leg up in their USC application should use our specialty tutoring advice for the Los Angeles area in their test preparation. There are so many applicants scoring 32 and above that a 30 will look academically weak. ", "College is a great time for self-growth. ACT Score Sending Policy In terms of selectivity, the schools rank fairly equallyUCLA has a 10.8 percent acceptance rate (getting more competitive every year) and USCs acceptance rate is 12.4 percent. USC provides opportunities for discussion of relevant content matter related to equity and equality and has strong networking opportunities for current students and alumni. What's a Good SAT Score for the Ivy League? Thus, you'll need to be able to clearly explain exactly why you're interested in the field/program/school you're applying to. Please think very carefully before selecting this program - you will get the same education with significantly better support and networking from a Cal State school at a fraction of the cost. SAT is a trademark registered and/or owned by the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this site. Is it hard to get into USC graduate school? The middle 50% of addmitted applicants have SAT scores between 1410 and 1540. Our application process is designed to discover your individual story, so that we might see how you would take advantage of the many opportunities available at USC. ", "This program offers great teachers, staff and resources. Like other universities, USCs average GPA has also increased, rising 3 percent in the past decade. Our experts have written hundreds of useful articles on improving your SAT score and getting into college. In addition to the Common App essay, you're required to write one shorter essay as part of the USC Writing Supplement. On average, the GRE scores of admitted applicants range from Download our free guide on the top 5 strategies you must be using to improve your score. I recently visited the campus and fell in love with the school, it is my goal now to try and attend this school. Paul is a big fan of the Boston Celtics and New England Patriots. 4.18 or aboveMost students admitted to Harvard have an unweighted GPA of 4.18 or above, so youll need to have at least a 4.2 to be seriously evaluated. Overall, in order to ensure you're submitting excellent essays to USC, be sure to use specific details, be honest about your experiences and feelings, and edit and proofread each essay before sending it in. If you don't meet their expectations, your chance of getting in is nearly zero. It offers excellent educational opportunities in multiple disciplines. You can compensate for a lower GPA with harder classes, like AP or IB classes. Average GPA held steady at an impressive 3.88 unweighted, with more than a third earning straight As throughout high school. Looking at this data alone, we can say with confidence that its generally pretty difficult to get into USC. Gather your transcripts, test scores, resume, personal statement, letters of recommendation and work I've since worked with schools and districts all over the country, helping them improve their curriculums and instruction methods. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. Find other colleges with similar SAT score requirements. This is also known as "superscoring." To me, the most striking detail is the recommendation (for applicants to the BFA, at least) to opt for the series of 8 photos rather than the 5-minute film submission. We are proud to host one of the largest numbers of international students in the United States. This tool calculates your chances at getting accepted into USC. For more information, please see our See if your ACT score is good enough for admission. Soo many If you're a junior or younger and haven't taken any challenging courses yet, try to sign up for some AP, honors, or IB classes the following academic year and for each subsequent year you're in high school. Even though I am a minority and have been discriminated against at different parts of my life, since I am Caucasian I do not qualify for most of the minority scholarships. Do I sound like I still have a chance? These students typically score in the top 3 percent nationally. 4.13With a GPA of 4.13, Duke requires you to be at the top of your class. What is the minimum GPA for UCLA? With a GPA of 3.69, NYU requires you to be above average in your high school class. All rights reserved. WebHow Hard Is It to Get Into USC? If your GPA is lower than this, you need to compensate with a higher SAT/ACT score. I am loving every moment of this experience. You should also have a 3.79 GPA or higher. Get the latest articles and test prep tips! For the SAT, most applicants have a minimum score of 1330, or the 90th percentile nationally. WebAt nine months, you should finalize your graduate school application. She is passionate about education, writing, and travel. That said, I need to know a little bit more about you to This is the context in which it makes sense to select the young woman who writes about fellatio over the candidate who writes about why they love Scorcese. 3.0A cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on all units attempted at USC toward a graduate degree is required for graduation. Like many other private and prestigious universities, says this about applying Early Action to USC, Get Free Guides to Boost Your SAT/ACT Score, what USC writes about applicants on its website, his detailed guide to getting into Harvard, Iovine and Young Academy for Arts, Technology and the Business of Innovation, Marshall School of Business World Bachelor in Business Program, the 25th/75th percentile high school GPA range was 3.82-4.0, take the AP tests that go with these courses, our guide to the most selective schools in the nation, Portfolio, Architecture Writing & Video Supplement, Art/Design Essay, list of creative experiences, portfolio, Proposal video, portfolio, interview (if selected), Video introduction, World Bachelor in Business written prompts (on USC Writing Supplement), Cinematic Arts Personal Statement, writing sample, creative work sample/portfolio, creative portfolio list, video/photo sample, video introduction, aspirational portfolio, image essay, audio portrait, autobiographical character sketch, creative challenges, "Most Challenging Moment" task, project question, collaboration question, Portfolio, which includes: dance resume, short answer, video response to a question, two video auditions and descriptions, three video demonstrations, two photographs (a head shot and an action shot), live audition (if selected, depending on COVID-19 situation), Headshot, drama resume, "Take Three" image task, letter from drama teacher/coach, essay questions, creative submission, pre-screening audition videos, Who Are You? video, portfolio, live audition (depending on COVID-19 situation). We combine world-class admissions counselors with our data-driven, proprietary admissions strategies. Instructors only check in mid-semester with the agencies. WebUSC is a private college. (You can calculate your high school a GPA here.) Note: For students applying during 2022-2023, USC is test-optional. Privacy Policy. There is no minimum GRE score for UCLA, but some programs post the average GRE scores of accepted students. Welcome to Graduate Admission at the University of Southern California, one of the worlds leading private research universities. We've overseen thousands of students get into their top choice schools, from state colleges to the Ivy League. How does USC's selectivity compare with those of other top colleges? We weren't able to find the school's exact ACT policy, which most likely means that it does not Superscore. WebWhat well cover in this How to Get Into USC guide: The USC average GPA. We can help. However, if there is a gap in your enrollment in school (besides a summer break), its a really good idea to respond to this prompt as well. That may be why it often takes highly qualified candidates three or four attempts to win admission. It does allow evaluators to separate the signal of creative vision from the noise of a display of technical competence, even though it seems counterintuitive. Ask below and we'll reply! WebOf course it depends on the field: these elite schools are pretty damn difficult to get into for undergrad, but at the graduate level, they have some relatively easy to get into programs - anecdotally I've heard it's not too hard to get into education and public health master programs at these top schools - and some like their medical schools They are interested in the world, in other peoples and cultures, and enjoy examining important issues from a global perspective.". This guide was written by Harvard graduates and ACT perfect scorers. You are equipped with global lenses of social injustice, knowledge to provide culturally appropriate services and impact individuals and communities. It ranks #7 in California and #38 in the nation for lowest rate of acceptance. You'll need at least a mix of A's and B's, with more A's than B's. The acceptance rate at USC is 13%. Ranked among the Film school is expensive. USC does not have a university-wide minimum GPA requirement for graduate admission eligibility. He has worked in both public and private schools, as well as colleges and universities. USC wants to see that youre thinking about how youll be an active and engaged academic citizen, and, most importantly, why you want to study your areas of interest at USC specifically. USC is a great school with stellar academics. Students that get into USC have an average SAT score between 1360-1530 or an average ACT score of 31-34. We did not find information that USC requires SAT subject tests, and so most likely it does not. Financially, however, my institution has not supported me. Meanwhile, for the ACT, most applicants have a minimum score of 30, or the 93rd percentile nationally. Click to learn more about our program, or sign up for our 5-day free trial to check out PrepScholar for yourself: Every school requires an application with the bare essentials - high school transcript and GPA, application form, and other core information. It does make me wonder if committee members at highly selective MFA programs in Photography smile upon those who submit short poems, instead of photographs. WebWell if you are trying to get in out of highschool any GPA under 3.50 severely hurts your chances. Is University Of Southern California And Ucla The Same? The table below summarizes what you need to get into USC. Here's our custom admissions calculator. WebThis tool calculates your chances at getting accepted into USC. Many schools specify a minimum GPA requirement, but this is often just the bare minimum to submit an application without immediately getting rejected. There is a large professional network that can be obtained. The average high school GPA of the admitted freshman class at University of Southern California was 3.83 on the 4.0 scale indicating that primarily A- students are accepted and ultimately attend. Just like for the SAT, USC likely doesn't have a hard ACT cutoff, but if you score too low, your application will get tossed in the trash. He also likes playing golf and watching sports. Loved how personal and relatable this was. Students are not required to submit ACT scores with their application. Then focus on Math for the next test, and so on. ", "The professors were amazing and very knowledgeable in their fields. Unfortunately, the cost associated with the degree can be a burden. The University of Southern California (USC) has the distinction of being the oldest private research university in California. However, what attracts applicants to the school today are its world-class education, beautiful campus, and idyllic setting in Los Angeles. How Hard Is It to Get Into USC? Gaining admission to USC is hard. So I can attest that the professors and education quality is the best I have experienced. I feel like educationally, the school works very hard to stay at the top of their game and empowers their students to achieve greatness in their lives. (You can calculate your high school a GPA here.) Clearly, you'll need to have a pretty high SAT/ACT score in order to be considered a competitive applicant to USC. ), Upgrade your Account for full site access. I recommend USC Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work. (Most schools use a weighted GPA out of 4.0, though some report an unweighted GPA. When fired, the students are instructed to take a leave of absence or drop the program, drop the field practicum class, and not receive credit. Get the answer in our guide to the most selective schools in the nation! FilmSchool.org USC Acceptance Rate: 26% (27 out of 103 applications) Lowest Reported Minimum GPA: 3.39 Earliest Interview Notification Date: January 11 Earliest Interview Date: January 19 Earliest Decision Date: February 16 USC Cinematic Arts - Writing for Screen & Television (MFA) The general education classes are mostly a joke. It has a large graduate student body with an enrollment of 27,403 graduate students. By and large, most colleges do not superscore the ACT. Is it hard to get into USC grad school? We've gotten tremendous results with thousands of students across the country. See if your grades and scores are good enough for admission. Even though USC likely says they have no minimum ACT requirement, if you apply with a 30 or below, you'll have a very hard time getting in, unless you have something else very impressive in your application. When he's not teaching or writing, Paul enjoys spending time with his wife and two children. When there are twenty highly qualified candidates for every slot, it makes sense to look for the files that are not merely stellar but are, in some striking way, unlike any of the other stellar files. So what kind of applicants is USC looking for? All freshman applicants to USC must apply through the Common Application. Florida Agricultural And Mechanical University, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Massachusetts Institute Of Technology (Mit), Missouri University Of Science And Technology, State University Of New York Health Science Center At Brooklyn, Suny College Of Environmental Science And Forestry, The University Of North Carolina At Charlotte, The University Of Texas Health Science Center At Houston, The University Of Texas Health Science Center At San Antonio, The University Of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, The University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston, The University Of Texas Rio Grande Valley, Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences, University At Buffalo Suny School Of Engineering And Applied Sciences, University Of California, Los Angeles (Ucla), University Of Illinois At Urbana Champaign, University Of Maryland Baltimore County (Umbc), University Of Massachusetts Medical School Worcester, University Of Tennessee Health Science Center, University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center.