she said of her divorce. Youll hear a lot of older songs and then four new songs, Adele told Oprah. The singer, who will release her new album 30 next week, sat down for an interview with Winfrey, which aired during the two-hour show. That idea was sparked by the fact that proposals are not uncommon sights at Adele concerts. After she said yes, Adele stepped on stage and told the couple to sit in the front row where Melissa McCarthy was waiting with two glasses of champagne. Brunson didnt find out that he would be making the proposal during the middle of an Adele concert until the day before. All rights reserved. Now the London boroughs most famous export, Adele, is preparing to show them off to her new boyfriend when she returns to the capital. Adele's new album features no collaborators, the singer confirmed. She also released the tracklist for her new album. She wants to introduce him to her wider circle of friends he has never met. Paul is a sports agent and Adele confirmed they were dating in October 2021. The concerts will be the superstar's first UK shows in FIVE years - and clearly fans can't wait to catch her live. And Ive no doubt the whole of Tottenham will roll out the red carpet when she brings her new man to town. The singer was estranged from her father right up untilhis death in May 2021. In Adeles first televised conversationally heavy interview, the singer will open up about her new album, the inspiration behind her songs, life after her divorce from Simon Konecki, weight loss, and parenting her son. Adele had a wide-ranging conversation with Winfrey, discussing her new album, her personal life, her divorce, her weight loss, and her relationship with her son. When their separation was announced, a representative for Adele said: They are committed to raising their son together lovingly. Before the show aired, we knew there was even another powerhouse performer in the audience. Glimpses from the concert show Adele clad in a voluminous black evening gown, singing award-winning hits Rolling in the Deep and Skyfall, and her new single, Easy on Me, as well as bantering with the audience. But now the show is available on demand on Paramount Plus, and you don't need the premium tier to watch. And: Why dont you love my dad anymore? I cant make that make sense to a nine-year-old., While most of the songs on her upcoming album will reflect on her breakup, its not a divorce album she explained: Hes not one of my exes. If you buy through our links, we may get a commission. After the singer released a pre-sale link on her social media, her following rushed to bag their spot and her site was quickly overrun. ADELE TO BRING RICH PAUL HOME TO MEET HER FAMILY AND FRIENDS (part 1). In 2012 she also got the chance to cover the theme song for the iconic 2012 James Bond film Skyfall which went on to win an Oscar for the Best Original Song. I told my friend, I feel like Im on a steep mountain, trying to get up to the top,' she said. And it is relatable to anybody in the world no matter what country or generation youre from., When Oprah asked the singer what her favorite Adele song was, Adele replied: One and Only.. After their meal, Quentin gave his girlfriend a blindfold and noise-canceling headphones (kinky, Adele remarked) and led her to the show. Adele then performed her cover of Bob Dylans Make You Feel My Love for them. Adele One Night Only saw the 33-year-old singer take the stage at L.As. People project their insecurities on others, and that's a powerful way for herstaunchly body positiveto put that in perspective. The interview, which comes on the heels of her splashy Vogue covers, is also expected to address her life after divorce, weight loss and her son all topics she explores on the new album, which arrives Nov. 19. If youre looking for the cheapest available Adele tickets, be sure to use the search filters provided by SeatGeek. The Griffith Observatory Hours Please visit official website for timing details. She also has a bird tattoo across her back shoulder. "Lizzo, what concert are we going to next?! In March, Winfrey interviewed Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, and Britain's Prince Harry, making headlines worldwide. The cost is 50 cents, but only 35 cents with a Metro TAP ADELES WEBSITE CRASHES MINUTES AFTER ANNOUNCING SHOWS. Its sort of whiplash for them, Adele quips to Winfrey. There are not many people more proud of where they come from than Adele. Hes so f***ing funny.. @lizzo what concert are we going to next?! Certain parts of this website require Javascript to work. CNET freelancer Gael Fashingbauer Cooper, a journalist and pop-culture junkie, is co-author of "Whatever Happened to Pudding Pops? ' Winston told Variety. You should consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction before relying upon any of the information presented here. In a new teaser for the Grammy-winning singer's upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey, Adele is giving viewers a feel for her "One Night Only" concert TV special, which heralds her "comeback" after a six-year hiatus. "You'll hear a lot of older songs, and then four new songs," the British balladeer says in a new clip released Wednesday. Adele even calls out Lizzo for upstaging her with her own floral ensemble. There are also stops at Mt. Ive done a lot of learning over the last few years, more than ever, she said. LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) - Earlier this month Adele, worldwide icon and beloved English musician, broke her six-year hiatus from music when she released what HOW MANY VINYLS WERE ADELE'S ALBUM 30 PRESSED ON? The whole thing was pretty overwhelming, Ive seen it twice and cried my eyes out both times., She wrote in a second message: Having been on such a rollercoaster the last few years and then the pandemic, it was hard to imagine being on stage singing again ever. Those who pay for Paramount Plus Premium, the ad-free version of the streaming service ($10 a month, $100 a year) that also includes access to your live local CBS network, were able to watch the special live Sunday night. Yall should leave peoples body alone. Also, get you, Lizzo, Adele tells the Rumors singer. The Chase Law Group, LLC | 1447 York Road, Suite 505 | Lutherville, MD 21093 | (410) 790-4003, Easements and Related Real Property Agreements. London-born Adele (full name: Adele Laurie Blue Adkins), 33, is one of the world's most successful singers, with 15 Grammy Awards. If you're reading this, you probably already know who Adele and Oprah are. Ringing in her new album with a previously recorded performance in Los Angeles beautiful Griffith Park and Observatory. In October, Adele performed her first concert in over four years at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. Im not letting go of this one. Adele then serenaded the couple with the song, Make You Feel My Love. What do I want to do? A two-hour special starring Grammy-winning singer Eventually what everybody watched was our dress rehearsal, Winston said. Speaking about him for the first time in October, Adele said: Rich just incredibly arrived. Quentin Brunson was the final choice simply because he charmed the production team. Adele, 33, had fans hysterical with excitement after revealing she will perform on Friday, July 1 and Saturday, July 2 atAmerican Express presents BST Hyde Park. Thats what Ben Winston discovered in his research earlier this year as the producer began to scope out the best possible dates to stage an Adele concert special at the Griffith Observatory. It was the perfect show.. Her 2011 album, 21, became the world's best-selling album of the 21st century. All rights reserved. Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheSunUS and follow us from our main Twitter account at @TheSunUS, American Idol fans accuse Katy of giving contestant 'special treatment', Kim reveals the inside of her $150M private jet in video after wealth backlash, 1000-Lb. When that comes, it can rock your life, she said. His battles with the church arent over, 17 SoCal hiking trails that are blooming with wildflowers (but probably not for long! The star recently released her first single for 30, Easy On Me, and accompanied it with a music video shortly after. The two fell in love and described it as love at first sight.. And Id be like, I do love your dad. Adele was so great. Ive shed many layers but also wrapped myself if new ones. The programme also included a concert featuring several new songs as well as some of Adeles classic hits. If you missed it on Sunday, you can still watch the whole thing -- if you have Paramount Plus, that is. and its streaming serviceParamount Plus. 100-level tickets start at $1500. The concert was Adeles first since 2015 when she performed Adele: Live in New York City. 'SNL': Adele Hosts, Sings on 'The Bachelor,' and Then Sells Perfumed Jeans, Returning Cast, Filming Status, and Everything Else We Know About 'The Umbrella Academy' Season 4, '9-1-1' Season 7 Heads to New Network Following Shocking Fox Cancellation, 'Titans Season 4's Crossover Episodes Set Up the Franchises Most Iconic Friendship. Access to Griffith Park is free, Over the years, Adele has earned over $400million touring. Be sure to tune in for Adele One Night Only to hear all the old hits, and maybe some new ones, on CBS on November 14. Ahead ofAdeles new album release, in the interview with Vogue, she also opens up about how herson found the split difficult., She said: If I can find that happiness and he sees me in that happiness, then maybe Ill be able to forgive myself for it., She began writing her new album as a way to open up to her son Angelo about his parents divorce., He has so many simple questions for me that I cant answer, because I dont know the answer. It comes after tickets to see Adele in the UK were reselling for almost 7,500 on Saturday after a clamour from fans desperate to see the singer perform in her home "I think Simon probably saved my life," she said, crediting him for giving her stability and saving her from self-destructive paths. They're two of the few people in the world who can be easily identified by their first names alone. CBS revealed last week that Adele One Night Only would be filmed in Los Angeles, though it didnt specify where. When Oprah asked Adele how she kept the faith at her lowest point, the singer said: It was just exhausting to keep going with it. Its wild. And demand is indeed expected to outstrip supply. Adele, 33, had fans hysterical with excitement after revealing she will perform on Friday, July 1 and Saturday, July 2 at American Express presents BST Hyde As of 2017,Adele has released three albums each hitting the top of the UK album charts. Adele recorded her performance last month at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. The album will contain 15 songs, including features from Chris Stapleton and Erroll Garner. Adele has revealed the most important guest at her top secret, star-studded Los Angeles concert last month: her 9-year-old son Angelo. It was a result of her doing stuff to help her mental health," one more said. The concert which took place at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, California was aired on November 14 at 8.30pm EST, ahead of the singer's new album release. The acts of sending email to this website or viewing information from this website do not create an attorney-client relationship. The CBS special featured an exclusive sit-down interview with the multi-platform media mogul Oprah where the TV host saw Adele open up about her songs,life after divorce,weight loss,andraising her son. The show was a setup so Quentin could propose to his longtime girlfriend, Ashley, in front of A-list celebrities. The special premiered on CBS at 8.30pm ET, and will also be available to stream on Paramount Plus. She posted the date alongside an image describing the pain, and turmoil of her 30th year, and that Im ready to finally put this album out., I was certainly nowhere near where Id hoped to be when I first started it nearly 3 years ago, the singer wrote. Sisters fans in tears as Tammy looks 'so happy' in new video, All the times North West, 9, sparked concern with public 'meltdowns', 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP, Adele performed a one-night-only show at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, A man proposed on stage during the Adele one-night-only concert, fans are calling it her divorce album. Just go to Paramount Plus, log in, and search for "Adele" if you don't immediately see the special. It was exhausting, it was really hard work, but I was able to take the time that I needed, which isnt a given for everyone. Yes girl! Hollywood Life Also can we talk about this audience. Adele One Night Only host Oprah Winfrey introduced the Grammy winner, 33, outside the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles for a performance before the eyes of Please enable Javascript and reload the page. Adele announced hernew album called 30, will be released on November 19, 2021. Yes, I also want to receive the CNET Insider newsletter, keeping me up to date with all things CNET. So far, Adele released one single, Easy on Me, on October 15. Being able to show him where she grew up means a lot to her. Read Next: Willie Nelsons 90th Birthday Is Smoking, With Snoop Dogg, George Strait and Neil Young Among the Party Favorites at the Hollywood Bowl, Gersh Agency Sells Minority Stake to Crestview Partners, Promotes Leslie Siebert to Co-President, What Price Hollywood? Adele fans went wild on Sunday when it was revealed that she was filming her CBS special Adele: One Night Only at LA 's Griffith Observatory. Winstons Fulwell 73 banner was behind the concert production, along with Adeles Onward banner, as well as the interview segments of the two-hour special that were recorded at Oprah Winfreys home in Montecito, Calif., produced with Winfreys Harpo banner. I am extremely proud of you. The ballad gave fans an idea of what to expect from the new album, a mix of old and new from the singer with her famous soulful voice and heartfelt lyrics. Adele performs at Los Angeles Griffith Observatory as part of a 2021 CBS special. "And I tried for a really, really long time, and then I was just so disappointed for my son, I was so disappointed for myself." There's absolutely nothing that you cannot do. Adele: One Night Only drew rave reviews for the gorgeous aerial drone footage that showed the Griffith Observatory, the Hollywood sign and the bright lights of the Los Angeles basin below. So wild, but WHO could turn down that invite!, Another disappointed at-home spectator wrote: My invite mustve gotten lost in the mail., While one more asked: Why did I not get this invite to the observatory for Adele??. It also required a mass outreach to the hand-picked guest list of about 300 people. On Sunday, November 14, 2021, Adele broke her six-year hiatus with atwo-hour concert specialand exclusive interview withOprah Winfrey. By signing up, you will receive newsletters and promotional content and agree to our. Those who listed Adele as their fave-rave were saved for the short list. In between hits like Hello and Someone Like You, she debuted several tracks from her upcoming album30: I Drink Wine, Hold On and Love Is a Game. She also performed her hit single Easy On Me for the first time. In October, Adele performed her first concert in over four years at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, Singer said the venue was the most beautiful shes ever played, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile. It was the perfect show, Adele tells Winfrey of her decision to play an outdoor concert at the Griffith Observatory. It was just one of those moments when you feel very lucky to be able to make stuff like this, Winston said. 100%. Planning for the special also accounted for a decision to include a surprise marriage proposal from two Adele super fans. Theres a moment in the preview where Lizzo is on her feet, dressed in an elegant smoke-colored feathery outfit. Winston, executive producer of the CBS special Adele: One Night Only, which scored more than 10 million viewers in its debut on Sunday, revealed that the It shakes you up a bit: Who am I? The guest list for Adele's 'One Night Only' concert was a who's who of A-listers. The singer and Angelo's father, charity entrepreneur Simon Konecki, divorced in March. Adele was cool with the decision to move the concert up by a day to Oct. 24. There are no charges for entry, it is free. To Oprah for allowing me to tell my truth lovingly in a safe space. All Rights Reserved. Back in England she reportedly has two townhouses in Londons Kensington. The listing of verdicts, settlements, and other case results is not a guarantee or prediction of the outcome of any other claims. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information, outdoor concert at the Griffith Observatory, Hello? In addition to these twomeaningful tattoos, Adele has a multitude of more. Why AI Has Some Viewers Asking Which Film Actors Are Real. The everything that happened in my life Adele speaks of? Some of Adeles tour dates start as high as $721.00 or as low as $548.00. In her recent interview withRolling Stone for the December cover, the spoke candidly about how important it was to heal her relationship with her father before he passed. Speaking about him for the first time in October, An admirer of Adele tweeted following the Oprah interview, All Night Parking (Interlude) (With Erroll Garner), Easy On Me (With Chris Stapleton) (Bonus Track). A number of famous faces were in attendance, including producer Tyler Perry, actor Gabrielle Union and husband and NBA star Dwyane Wade, singer Lizzo and late-night host James Corden. 21 featured chart-topping songs such as Rolling in the Deep, Rumor Has It, Set Fire to the Rain, and Someone Like You.. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? In addition to its functions as an observatory, the facility has been used as a filming location for various movies and TV shows. On Sunday (14 November), before the special aired, Adele called the observatory the most beautiful venue Ive ever played. Thank you to everyone who made it possible, she added in a tweet. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Winfrey, 67, is best known for her nationally syndicated talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show, which ran for 25 years, ending in 2011. The former couple welcomed their son a year after they began dating in 2012, and tied the knot in May 2016. The Lost Toys, Tastes and Trends of the '70s and '80s," as well as "The Totally Sweet '90s." Variety is a part of Penske Media Corporation. When Winston got his glimpse of the footage de la Parra was collecting, he knew it was worth the effort. Thank you to everyone who made it possible, she added in a tweet. Photo:, Inc. All Rights Reserved. A $300-million (minimum) gondola to Dodger Stadium? Its available to stream on demand on Paramount+. From 2000 to 2020, she published her own print magazine, O, the Oprah Magazine, which is now online only. Hello? Adeles tattoo also features a drawing of Los Angeles in the middle, as she got it after allegedly experiencing a bout of anxiety and canceling multiple shows in 2017. "I've been obsessed with the nuclear family my whole life because I never came from one," Adele told Winfrey. I hope you like it, tune in tonight at 8:30pmET / 8pm PT on CBS x.. The two discuss Adele's new album, the stories behind the songs, and her personal life, including her 100-pound weight loss, divorce, and motherhood to son Angelo, who's 9. He walked his soon-to-be fianc onto the stage wearing a blindfold and noise-canceling headphones for the big reveal before quickly dropping to one knee. Fans spotted Adele singing at L.A.s Griffith Observatory this weekend ahead of her highly anticipated TV concert special, Adele One Night Only.. Adele One Night Only, will be broadcast on CBS Sunday, November 14, at 8:30-10:30 p.m ET/8:00-10:00 p.m. PT and will also be available live and on-demand on Paramount+. Adeletweeted: It was also the first time my son saw me perform and Ive never been so nervous in my life!! The 33-year-old singer also told Oprah Winfrey that her son had not heard her perform to a full audience before but would be in the audience for her latest show. A year before leaving her parents, Penny metMark EvansAdeles father, at The Kings Head pub in NorthLondon. It will be sort of whiplash for them, Adele told Oprah Winfrey, who interviewed Lizzo for the two-hour special. Were all in it for those moments.. Adeles father Marc was from Wales and moved back there after his relationship with her mom broke down. Adeles heavily promoted one-night-only concert was held at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles on November 14. Get CNET's comprehensive coverage of home entertainment tech delivered to your inbox. Id go so far as to say that Ive never felt more peaceful in my life. Adele instructed the audience to remain quiet as the pair walked to the front. The shows producers helped facilitate a romantic day for the couple that would lead to a big surprise for Ashley. Adele fans watched her one-night-only concert from home as die-hard Adele fans, A-listers attended her concert. The album took over the charts in over 30 countries and managed to land the spot as the worlds best-selling album of not just its debut year of 2011, but 2012 as well. ), Michelle Obama didnt just attend a Springsteen concert in Barcelona. "Adele had us at hello!" In 2012, she released Skyfall, the theme for the James Bond movie of the same name, winning an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for the song. Weekends with Adele will now WebHow Much Are Adele Tickets. The album focuses on herdivorcefrom her former husband Simon Konecki in 2019 but its also about her relationship with her son Angelo as she tries to explain the new way of life to him. Singer also performed "Easy On Me" and other '30' tracks live for the first time in front of star-studded audience. Its sensitive for me, this record, just in how much I love it, she told Vogue. Related: Hes great. Adele swapped Tottenham for Tinsletownand now has made LA her home. The Grammy Award-winning singer promoted her new album, 30, which is set to be released on November 19, 2021. Im like, I dont f***ing know,, She told Vogue: Thats not what society does. Adeles two-hour special with Oprah Winfrey has aired in the US. ", Ashleys immediate response was, Is this real? In her spare time, she enjoys hiking and playing drums with her bands, Kid Midnight and Watergate. It was overdue, Adele said of her divorce. aired Sunday on After Quentins tearful proposal, Adele appeared out of the dark stage to the Ashleys very palpable shock. She also discussed how the Griffith Observatory was the perfect place for this comeback concert. Singer Lizzo and talk show host James Corden were among the celebs attending the event. Upgrade to premium and stream it live with us at 8:30 PM ET/8 PM PT! "Even now I trust him with my life," she said. If you missed the CBS broadcast, or just want to rewatch it, you're going to need Paramount Plus to watch the special. What did Adele look like before and after weight loss? Adele began her show just as the sun setting, so once it was dark out she paused the show to tell the audience what was about to happen. In addition to its functions as an observatory, the facility has been used as a filming location for various movies and TV shows. Winfrey wrote. ", concert was held at the Griffith Observatory. She wrote to Twitter before the concert aired on CBS: Thank you to everyone who made it possible. Grammy-winning singer Adele talks to Oprah Winfrey in a new CBS concert special. WebEntrance Ticket Details For The Griffith Observatory Samuel Oschin Planetarium Shows: Tickets are $7 for adults, $5 for students with I.D and seniors, and $3 for children between 5 - 12 years old. Im just not in love. Adele has quite the portfolio of homes around the world. But several established songs made the set list as well. Nardine Saad covers breaking entertainment news, trending culture topics, celebrities and their kin for the Los Angeles Times. The sequence was edited down considerably for the special. The material and information contained on these pages and on any pages linked from these pages are intended to provide general information only and not legal advice.