Here are some of the products I used from Amazon. Do you have a white/yellow cake mix recipe? Thats all there is to it! And then there's Duncan Hines. Make sure to check out my Chocolate WASC Dish for a chocolate variant of this recipe. Using the whole egg offers you the best of both worlds in terms of taste and nutrition.They possess many of the emulsifying capabilities of yolks and serve as great binders in batters and other baked goods.Additionally, they mix with starchy ingredients like as flour to coagulate and create the structure of baked products, and they are responsible for the exquisite golden brown color and moist feel of many pastries that are made with butter. Then for very moist and rich cake, make a mixture of melted butter, sugar, and vanilla. Cakes produced with oil tend to bake up loftier and with a more equal crumb, and they tend to stay moist and soft for a much longer period of time than cakes prepared with butter. And we only ever have whole milk in the house. Wonderful recipe and enjoyable chef!! Mini chocolate chips should be included. How do you make a box cake taste like a bakery cake? Use coffee instead of water for chocolate cakes. However, in my hometown (Portland), people are incredibly careful about what they put into their bodies (Portlandia is a real thing, yall). This is a must-have ingredient for baking. If you want a cake that is moist and has a stronger flavor, make four batches. The cake was moist and delicious. Then does one add a 1/4 cup? top 10 essential dessert recipes free! Step 3: Use melted butter instead of oil and double the amount. If combined, whats the ratio? HEY Despite the fact that eggs are a vital element in cake baking, using to, Your email address will not be published. Alternatively, mayonnaise may be used to produce Copycat Portillos Chocolate Cake. *Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans. You will change the water to milk and add an extra egg. apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. A cake that is thick will be made with more flour, whereas a cake that is moist will be made with more liquid (and vice versa). So I tried it with a lemon cake mix that had pudding mix in it already. Hi Patty! Hope Ella had a great birthday bash!! I dont even think I would make a cake if I didnt have milk. Also, go for the mini-chips rather than the regular-sized ones. You can see that the left one is pretty airy and spongy compared to the right one. Thanks Btwn carpools and Elizabeth, whoever youre are! Let the butter and eggs cool until room temperature before incorporating them into the cake mixture, if at all possible. However, if you combine the cake in a slightly different manner, you will get a significantly superior result. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and espresso water mixture. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. In many culinary dishes, eggs serve as a crucial building element, which is why so many cookery programs place a strong emphasis on the relevance of eggs. If you like a deeper flavor, use melted butter with the vegetable oil. Adding mayonnaise, sour cream, yogurt, or melted ice cream to boxed cake mix can make the finished product moist and rich. you can increase the number of eggs you use. Daughters have already asked for the recipe. Alternatively, espresso powder can be used to get the same results.By adding one tablespoon of espresso powder, you may enhance the chocolate taste even more.It is also possible to include this procedure by adding freshly brewed coffee to the batter and thoroughly mixing it together.And dont worry, your brownies will not have a bitter coffee flavor to them.Whereas coffee brings out the bittersweet flavor of chocolate, vanilla extract will work in a different way to enhance the flavor of chocolate.Pure vanilla extract offers a more balanced sweetness than imitation vanilla extract. Use strong brewed coffee instead of water to intensify the taste of chocolate cakes. Cool 1 minute, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling. It is necessary to include the instant pudding mix. I made this recipe with amaretto and oh my lord!!! Whether its yellow cake or chocolate cake, it has a flavor and texture you can count on. Trying this recipe now! If you crave a lighter chocolate cake, you'll want to go with Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Cake Mix. Pour into pan. sour cream, instant chocolate pudding mix, milk, semi-sweet mini chocolate chips and 6 more. Combine the cake mix, eggs and oil until well blended. Used canned bing cherries and juice for liquid+ 1/2 cup amaretto I have a feeling you will be reaching for a box mix more often! Add the second layer. Using hot water instead of tap water to make a boxed chocolate cake mix will enhance the flavor.The hot water aids in the blooming of the chocolate (just like adding hot water to coffee grounds).Continuing the theme of coffee, consider substituting strong brewed coffee for hot water while baking your cake mix this holiday season.Coffee and chocolate are a marriage made in heaven, and the combination will bring out the best in the chocolate taste. The eggs are the next component well have a look at in this recipe.Duncan Hines brownie recipes, as well as the majority of other brownie recipes, call for the use of two eggs.The use of eggs in brownies has a dual purpose.To be more specific, the eggs, or more specifically, the egg yolk, serve as an emulsifier, which helps to hold all of the other components together. Is TikToks Viral Cottage Cheese Ice Cream As Healthy as It Seems? Combine cake mix, cherry pie filling, eggs, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until moistened, about 30 seconds. But you dont have to do this its perfect without the extra icing decorations! Daughters have already asked for the recipe. The flavor and texture is beautiful. For example, whipped whites are used to provide a lift to sponge cake. Use hands (or spoon) to mix/smush/knead it all together. I will bring up a printer friendly version. Your email address will not be published. THEN STOPPP! I have never seen it written like top #3 is written. What is bleached flour and is it bad for you? Thank you for the recipe!, Your email address will not be published. One website called for this hack ONLY W WHITE CAKE. Bake for 55-60 minutes. and and 1 8inch round dark chocolate cake. Its possible that you may not wish to bake your cake from scratch, but most cake fillings can be prepared from scratch and are really simple to prepare. And If I do have time, will it turn out awesome every time? 8 cups powdered sugar Instructions In a standing mixer add the butter, cocoa, hot water, vanilla. One of the standout features of this cake mix is how easy it is to prepare. I used everything else you suggested. ALSO- I am personally confused about the flour and sugar. Did you click the big pink print button on the recipe card? Thanks for the recipe!. Also was wondering why this isnt printer friendly??? Bake for 55-60 minutes. It is necessary to add another egg in the second phase (or two if you want it to be very rich). I will be making this again. Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix, semi-sweet chocolate chips and 4 more Pockets of Lemon Cake Crisco Pillsbury Baking Spray with Flour, Pillsbury Creamy Supreme Vanilla Flavored Frosting and 6 more From yummly.com See details WONDERFUL BANANA CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES I followed Butterfly Flutterby's advice when making this cake. After thoroughly mixed, stir in chocolate chips. I have made a lot of cakes! Again- is this combined then measured out in 1 measuring unit? Cupcake liners should be placed in cupcake tins. Bake at 350oF for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out cleanly. Spread orange marmalade over the top of the baked layers before frosting the cake. However, I live in the uk and I cant get buttermilk in the shops near me. Step four Cakes prepared with oil have a texture that is, on the whole, better than cakes made with butter in terms of appearance. Mix together the cake mix and pudding powder until combined. Poke a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean its done. Everything turned out perfect. What causes a cake to be dry and/or crumbly? DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIP #3 MEANS OR WHAT ITS OVERALL INTENTIONS AND PURPOSE IS? Use an electric mixer on medium and beat the butter for 1 minute, until whipped and fluffy., Add in the cocoa powder, powdered sugar and vanilla extract, beat again on low for 1-2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl, until everything is incorporated., If the frosting is too thick, add a tablespoon of milk or heavy cream, and beat until creamy., Spread on top of the cooled cake, add chocolate curls if desired. After thoroughly mixed, stir in chocolate chips. Duncan Hines Devil s Food Fudge Cookies Cake Mix Cookies. Do you think thats insane?Keep in mind that mayonnaise is just eggs and oil two ingredients that are already present in your cake!Add up to 14 cup sour cream or full-fat yogurt to give the dish a tangy edge.There was a snag in the system.An error has happened, and your entry has not been submitted as a result of it.Please try your search again. Betty Crocker's was fine, but not quite on the same level as Pillsbury and Best Yet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the center and come out clean. I regularly swap vegetable oil for butter (Irish butter if possible- anywhere has it but costs more. Learn our cake mix hacks for how to make a box cake taste homemade. I didnt have buttermilk so I used strong coffee instead and it still turned out great. I baked it at 325 for 80 minutes to be sure it was done since it had extra ingredients. In a large mixing basin, whisk together the dry ingredients, Add the other ingredients and beat on high speed for 2 minutes with a hand mixer. The addition of pudding provides moisture and taste. 3. Melted butter can be used in place of the oil. I love love love this recipe. Instead of oil, use butter. The ease of a box mix cake is difficult to argue with, especially when youre short on time and/or lack cake-baking experience. All of these components have a high fat level, which will result in a softer and fudgier cake. Replace the oil with melted butter to add more flavor and handmade texture to your baked goods, for chocolate cakes, consider using cold coffee for the water. Instead of chips, melted large dk choc bar + Tbl oil, 4oz cream cheese slowly microwave and stir w 15 sec.. It is entirely up to you whether or not to use box mix. why take the time? Place room temperature unsalted butter in a mixing bowl. Stir in a spoonful of mayonnaise or sour cream, a box of chocolate pudding. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); I believe that everyone should have a go-to dessert to bring to gatherings! Yep! I always sub water with milk (coffee for chocolate), add extra eggs, sour cream, sub oil with butter (and usually double the amount). The FDA and the CDC informed Conagra Brands that a sample of Duncan Hines Classic White Cake Mix that contained Salmonella Agbeni matched the Salmonella collected from ill persons reported to the CDC. If you add the oil and water at the same time, you get lumps in the batter. Bake. In order to produce chocolate cakes, coffee should be used for water in the recipe. Pour hot whipped topping over chocolate chips and wait a minute to allow the chocolate chips to melt. Plus, a common thing I saw people asking was What can I use in place of the pudding/coffee? So were bringing you a recipe that doesnt use those items. Several various varieties of brownies are available from Duncan Hines, each of which has a distinguishing characteristic that distinguishes it from the others.However, no matter what flavor you pick or how expertly you prepare them, packaged brownies always seem to fall short of the quality of handmade brownies.So, what can you do to make a box of Duncan Hines Brownies even better tasting?Duncan Hines brownie mix can be improved by substituting milk for the water and vegetable oil for the melted butter in the recipe. Frosting may be piped on with a big star tip for a swirl effect, or it can be applied by hand! Chocolate and coffee are not only a delicious combination of liquids, but they are also a delicious dessert.They also go together like peanut butter and jelly in baked products, whether its cakes, cookies, or brownies.Simply including a tablespoon of finely powdered coffee granules into the batter can significantly increase the bittersweet flavor of the chocolate in your brownies, according to the recipe.As a result, the chocolate will be able to show through entirely. If I recall its written like this in tip: Come to find out from a trusted friend that is known for her amazing cakes, that they even teach bakers in classes that you really cant beat a Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker Cake mix these days! Fold in chocolate chips. Learn how your comment data is processed. For a very special Birthday .Im so thankful for you sharing this with us.. Millie. To begin, preheat the oven to 350o F. in a large mixing bowl, add the buttermilk (or butter substitute), melted butter, eggs (or vanilla extract), devil's food cake mix, sugar, flour, and cocoa powder. I am making it now for a neighbor in a Bundt pan. Then, using the paddle attachment, mix on low for 10 minutes to get rid of any bubbles that may have formed. I read what you posted I want to know about a lemon cake what should I do to get that lemon taste for my cake. Incorporating moisture and a rich taste into sour cream is a fantastic concept. Pour into greased bundt pan. Then increase the speed to medium and continue mixing for another 2 minutes to create the texture and structure of the cake. 1 teaspoon vanilla Heres one of my favorite recipes using a box cake mix! How to Prepare for WASC, Make some delicious fillings and let your imagination go wild! Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Cookie Sheets. Consequently, here are some fast and simple baking tactics that will improve the taste of your Duncan Hines brownies while also making them taste a little more like you: Any packaged brownie recipe will tell you how much water to use based on the amount of batter youre making.Water serves as a platform for the appropriate mixing of all of the ingredients in the recipe.However, due to the fact that water is essentially flavorless, it does not contribute significantly to the flavor or texture of the combination.The fat content of milk, on the other hand, is 3.5 percent. Butter IS cream scraped off the top of fresh milk left to sit (likely refrigerated! Make your own buttercream frosting at home! My son asked for a chocolate cake for his birthday with my delicious chocolate frosting recipe so that is what he got! Stir in cherries at end. If you really want to up the flavor of the chocolate you can add chocolate milk instead of plain milk. I made it for Cub scout campfire pack meeting (in case you dont know, 8-11 year old boys and their family gathering for awards!!) they'll still look soft, like they're not done enough, but the bottoms will be getting brown. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean. You may also add one extra egg if you want the consistency to be more cake-like. If I may also share the original glaze as an alternate to the ganache, its an alternative super yummy topping: 1 lb powdered sugar Prep: PREHEAT o. If youre baking a white or yellow cake, a teaspoon or two of fresh lemon or lime zest, as well as a few drops of lemon or lime juice, can enhance the flavor.And dont forget about all of the ingredients you have in your pantry that you may use to make cookies, brownies, or other types of cakes.To make your cake even more spectacular, add a handful of chocolate chips, almonds, or dried fruit on top before baking. To begin, prepare a batch of brownies and bake them in the oven until done. Hi Beth! Devil's Food Cake Mix, Duncan Hines Cake MixDirectionsYou Will Need: 1 Cup Water 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil 3 Large EggsPan Size / Bake Time:1. Here is a post talking about how to make homemade buttermilk: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2014/09/how-to-make-homemade-buttermilk/ To summarize, by employing a few basic techniques, you can take a box of Duncan Hines brownies to a whole new level of deliciousness. Add a spoonful of espresso powder or coffee granules to the chocolate mixture to bring out the full taste of the chocolate. This adds to the flavor and the texture, and it makes the cake delicious. I have a doctored up chocolate CUPCAKE recipe! There is definitely a time for a homemade, from scratch cake but there is also a time for doctoring up a boxed mix to make it taste just like homemade. More information may be found at: how to create cake pops in the shape of baby blocks A few suggestions can be seen below: Buttermilk or milk can be used in place of water. A delicate balance of ingredients is required for the ideal cake.Excess flour, for example, might result in dryness, while excessive cocoa can result in bitter flavor.Similarly, when swapping yolk for white or vice versa, extreme caution must be exercised.If you use too many yolks in a meal, the eggy flavor might overpower the dish, and their tenderizing function can cause the cakes structure to deteriorate. Alternatively, its possible that I dont have all of the materials on hand. I baked this recipe in 2 eight-inch cake pans that I baked for 37 minutes. Turned out perfect. I do! Stir in a spoonful of mayonnaise or sour cream, a box of chocolate pudding. However, they call for eggs in the instructions. The more you mix, the more gluten can form, which makes the cake difficult to prepare. While it turned out fine, I found that with all the additions to a boxed cake mix (sugar, flour, cocoa, buttermilk, vanilla) beyond the usual cake mix additions, you can just as easily make a better chocolate cake from scratch. Pour over cooled cake. It really is the best box cake mix. Lightest and Fluffiest Chocolate Cake Mix: Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil's Food Cake Mix. Bake about 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Poke a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean - it's done. 1 box devil's food cake mix, 15.25 oz cup granulated sugar cup all purpose flour 3 tbsp cocoa powder Chocolate Frosting 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature, 1 cup 1 tsp vanilla extract cup cocoa powder 2 cups powdered sugar dash milk if frosting becomes too thick Equipment KitchenAid 9-Speed Mixer Glass Mixing Bowl Instructions Cake Microwave it for 30 seconds or so, stir in any solid pieces until melted, mix into batter with milk and mix prior to adding egg so it doesnt cook your eggs, (or allow to cool a bit but not until firm again). However, theres always room for a little improvement. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, silicone baking liners, or lightly spray with cooking spray. Chopped candy of all sorts in a nice buttercream is always popular. It makes me so happy to hear your family loved it! Is milk a good ingredient for baking? Nope. My recipes are simple and family-friendly! First of all, can I say a huge THANK YOU for not including coffee or pudding Im allergic to both, so finding a lovely quick cake recipe like this without them is an absolute godsend! Plus tips and tricks for living your best life! When I cant get Duncan Hines strawberry, Ill make a Betty Crocker strawberry instead. Include 1/2 mug micro chocolate chips in one of the requirements for a box cake mix. The majority of boxed cake mixes demand for the addition of eggs, oil, and water in addition to the dry mixture of ingredients itself.Water has an effect on the flavor because it just adds moisture.Whole milk should be used in place of water, and melted butter should be used in place of oil.It will be really moist and not crumbly at all because of the additional fat! 10th of July, 2019. sour cream is ideal for adding moisture and a rich flavor to chocolate cake recipes. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, butter and water (batter will be thick). Unfortunately, I was so excited to make this that I picked up a Betty Crocker Super Moist Devils Food cake mix instead of Duncan Hines! Crumbl Launches Cookie Journal For Fans to Rate and Review Every Flavor Thats Ever Existed. Sour cream- YES TRY IT. Some cake mixes, particularly those branded extra moist, may include a pudding mix in addition to the cake mix. Dessert: Strawberry reduction, lemon curd, Marion berry buttercream, and coconut pecan filling. Both milk and buttermilk will surely provide a little bit extra radiance to your dish. Find out how to make the recipe WASC for chocolate. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease the inside of a square 8x8 baking dish. Salt assists in bringing out the sweetness of a dish while also making the overall flavor more lively. Beat for a long time..3-4 minutes. Stir in caramel bits instead of the chocolate chips, or possibly toffee bits. https://thefirstyearblog.com/doctored-up-white-cake-mix/. Chocolate brownies and vanilla cake are two very distinct sensations.However, due to the fact that they contain many of the same elements, they also have remarkable similarities.Because of this, its possible to bake brownies using a cake mix.The distinction between cakes and brownies is quite straightforward to comprehend. Its all about adding ingredients to the cake mix to give the cake better texture & taste. Am I Supposed to Use Salted or Unsalted Butter in Baking? Step three Pour batter into pan, using a rubber spatula to level top of batter. vanilla, water, Duncan Hines Devils Food Cake Mix, eggs, milk and 6 more. I know some boxes out there are 18.25 oz, so be sure youre getting the right size., I almost wrote white cake mix on my grocery list, got down to the recipe and saw it was actually devils food. Preheat your oven to 325*. Meanwhile, prepare the ganache. Thank you for a great recipe. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees for 30-40 minutes. This video tutorial for Coconut Poke Cake demonstrates how to make it: More Information about Baking Cakes. Im partial to Duncan Hines yellow and chocolate boxed cakes because their products are richer in flavor than others. Nancy. Make sure you follow the cooking instructions given on the package. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. While freezing the batter, preheat the oven for 375 F. Shape the batter, an inch ball size, and place in the pan with cookie sheet. Add 1/4- 1 cup sugar and flour to your cake mix. I do have a question is this going to be the same amount of ingredients for the yellow cake mix and the chocolate cake mix. Instead of adding 3 eggs to your cake batter, add 4. Was delicious. Try one of these delectable cake fillings next time you bake one. I would love to try this because its a totally new hack which Ive yet to try or even KNOW OF, but I just need clarification on it. Cakes have a higher concentration of leavening agents (flour, baking powder, and an additional egg), which allows them to rise and be fluffy and tender.Brownies, on the other hand, have a larger fat-to-flour ratio, which results in their being thicker, richer, and creamier.They also include a higher concentration of sugar, which results in a little more crunchiness or chewiness.For this reason, increasing the quantity of fat in a cake mix is the first step toward converting it into brownies.By increasing the fat content, you may make the cookies creamier, heavier, and fudgier.A simple way to do this is by combining chocolate chips with melted butter and heavy whipping cream. Bread Flour vs All-Purpose Flour. Plus, I feel that this doctored up version of a chocolate cake comes together just as quick as the box mix because you can still put everything into one bowl and beat it together. Thank so. Swapping out ingredients, like oil for butter or milk for water, will take a boxed cake to the next level. 2 for April 3rd and one for April 4th. The chocolate taste did not come thru in the cake, tho I have to say it was moist and beautiful. Warm the whipped topping in a saucepan or microwave. If youd prefer the spongy cake to be richer rather than lighter, substitute 1/2 cup whole milk for the water. Though Pillsbury made a good showing, Best Yet's chocolate cake had the overall better chocolate flavor. As you might imagine, the texture of your brownies will be significantly altered as a result. Most varieties are nut-free and soy-free by ingredients. My cake fell after i took it out of the oven, I was shocked. Can it be used on a german chocolate cake mix. I am so glad this recipe fits your needs Donna! Add 1 layer of the cake to a plate. ?THANKS, Can I add both the pudding and the sour cream to the box cake mix? This will complement the little bitterness of the chocolate well. 59 Comments, Posted in: Cake, Family Favorites, Valentine's Day, Hi Nope.When it comes to making a wedding cake, they are all about how to make a boxed cake mix taste better. Add remaining eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. McDonalds Is Making Changes to Its Iconic Burgers, Starbucks Pink Drink Now Comes in a Bottle, Topo Chico Launches Line of Canned Cocktails, We Tried the New Version of the Best-Selling Always Pan, 5 Best Instant Ramens, According to Food Network Staffers, Wayfair's Way Day Sale Is Back These are the Best Kitchen Deals, Enter Daily for Your Chance to Win $10,000, Tour the Sleek and Modern Kitchen from Smart Home 2023, Enter for Your Chance to Win Smart Home 2023. Cool in pan 25 minutes. Does these changes make the cakes less stable if I am making a tall cake?? Simple Techniques, Classic Recipes, Impressive Baked Goods. Their mixes also have a quintessential nostalgic box cake flavor that you cant miss. devil's food cake mix, vegetable oil, eggs, walnuts. I usually start with a cake mix when I make chocolate and white cake mixes. Those are our most often made flavors in this house. A Lifestyle Blog For The Busy Jewish Woman, These Duncan Hines Hack Results in the Most Irresistible Chocolate Cake. Our best tips for eating thoughtfully and living joyfully, right in your inbox. Cream all ingredients to gather and pour on cooked cake. I like to spoon the icing on top of the cake and spread it around with a butter knife or mini frosting spatula. Directions. How much of each per 1 boxed cake? If you want your cake to taste more homemade, you may substitute a dairy product for the water. I love to spend time in the kitchen creating new recipesbut I hate cleaning up the mess! Also bear in mind that milk will increase the number of calories and alter the nutritional value somewhat. To your cake mix, add 1/4 to 1 cup sugar and flour, When making chocolate cakes, use coffee instead of water. Add the remaining ingredients and beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes. There is plenty of frosting so that you can be generous with the frosting. Butter for oil , 3tbl hot water + 1tsp instant coffee, Its no surprise that its the go-to recipe for so many bakers when theyre looking for the ultimate white cake. The additional yolks give the cake the firmness and moistness that youd expect from a bakery cake! Heres how. Mix all ingredients together except for chocolate chips. Add two tablespoons of mayonnaise for an extra luxurious cake, mix-ins to customise and level up the flavor for a more sophisticated cake. If you make a mistake with your measurements, youll wind up with a cake that seems like it has something wrong with it. Why? For chocolate cakes, use strong brewed coffee instead of water to deepen the flavor. Stir in caramel bits instead of the chocolate chips, or possibly toffee bits. 2023 Coffee House and Pastries Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray. Added a little sour cream, ginger and nutmeg. Do I have to add the flour? 10 Tricks To Make A Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade. However, you should avoid using sour cream since it can change the consistency of the cake. In order to make SuperMoist cake mixes, you may substitute milk for water in the recipe; however, the cake will be somewhat drier than if the cake was made with water. And if I dont, what will happen. Hi, Im Kasey, Founder of All Things Mamma where I am dishing up family favorite recipes that are easy to make with simple, everyday ingredients. I like doing a 1/2 recipe even for just one box because it just saves on EVERYTHING, I have to shop WAY LESS and with so few people in house normally, a whole box is just too much.? And there you have it: the ideal effortless buttercream icing. Required fields are marked *. 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt should be used. Once all the powdered sugar is mixed in let it whip on high for about 30 seconds until light and fluffy. These box cake hacks can be our secret! Chocolate pudding, chocolate liquor, coffee, its all in there. When you add sour cream (and fat) to a cake, it will be richer and creamier. I personally usually just do the first 3 but Im getting sour cream too for todays cakes/cupcakes. Bleached Flour vs Unbleached: Whats the Difference? Instructions The only instructions to take heed of are that you must use whatever product is specified on the back of the box and that you must: Add one more egg to the mix. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Combine chocolate cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl until mixed together. I have been blogging here for 14 years! Bake for 8-10 minutes. This is one of the best chocolate cakes Ive ever made! In step 4, you can use whole milk instead of water if you choose.