How to Turn On/Off Closed Captioning or Subtitles on Peacock. Hey there, @nosyone. Still can't get rid of closed captioning on peacock. HERE It IS !!!!! This will bring up a menu. In general, its just as easy to turn subtitles and closed captioning on/off on Peacock TV as it is on most other devices. They are particularly helpful for people who are hearing impaired or have trouble understanding a particular language. You can turn this feature off and on fairly easily. I went to settings and clicked. To turn the subtitles or closed captioning on or off on your Peacock iPhone app, make sure to follow the steps below: Keep in mind that it may be difficult to keep constant track of the dialog unless you are using headphones. In the bottom left corner of the browser window, click on the comment (subtitles) icon. Hello @user_5ebb18, thank you for reaching out to us through Forums regarding the CC option on Peacock. Of course, it happens. There are several types of subs on different video hosting sites: embedded and external. Trying to watch a show and it is very distracting @user_b547e8 Hello! Can you try the following steps to see if you can turn them off? This will present you with a list of options, including options to turn on subtitles or closed captioning for that particular episode or movie. This does not effect our editorial in any way. He unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in. on what device are you accessing Peacock TV? Why cant I keep it off?? Have you ever tried watching a movie, and the traffic outside is too loud, or someone is making noise in the kitchen? Simply press and hold the microphone (Mic) button, and say "Closed Captions" or just "Captions." . Pull up the playback options with your finger. Way to go Xfinity. Move the cursor anywhere across the screen. It wasn't and issue until I had to actually create an account. @user_69e9f1 Hello and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity community Forum. Here are a few ways to turn off closed captioning on peacock: If youre watching peacock on a web browser, you can turn off closed captioning by clicking the CC icon in the bottom right corner of the video player. I see two different instructions for turning off the "Closed Caption" in Peacock. You can turn this feature on or off through your TV or cable settings using your TV's . Closed captioning (which Peacock also refers to as subtitles) is available for content on Peacock. #2. If you use Roku, the steps will be the same. Press select or down (while watching a video) Click left to reach the speech bubble icon. One is to ensure that their video player is set to a high-quality setting; this may result in less need for closed captioning, as the dialogue will be more distinct. Simply select this option and the CC should no longer be visible. How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the iPhone Peacock App, How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the Android Peacock TV App, How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the Roku Peacock TV App, How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on the Apple TV Peacock App, How to Turn Subtitles On or Off in the Peacock TV App on a Smart TV. Suppose youre having trouble using subtitles on Peacock TV after following the steps above. Most of the recommendations include," click on the silver button in the middle." All information published on this website is provided in good faith and for general use only. There are several factors that make it necessary to insert text into video clips. !, Months if not watching anything in peacock ., many of these ways are not correct !!! If not, then you can disable closed captions through the steps explained in this brief. You can download the app through Amazon App Store and customize it to your liking. Copyright 2023 Themescene.tv Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy Do Not Sell My Personal Information Contact us, How To Turn Off Closed Captioning On Peacock Complete Guide. A premium product that doesnt work properly has absolutely no value to your customers. Are you having issues with CC with the Peacock app as well, or just in general with your cable? Remember, you must first download the Peacock TV app from the Google Playstore. Multiple Devices, Simple Steps . Continue with Recommended Cookies. With the tip of your finger, pull up the playback options from the bottom of the screen. ), and more. I'm experiencing the same problem with the Peacock App only, can't get rid of the closed captioning. Now click to Hearing/Audio. 3. .css-1d89nre{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:hover{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:focus{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-79cmum{line-height:85px !important;}Home, Tap middle of main menu bottom diver square or what ever you have with center button and four way scroll arrows ! 4. Since they are enabled by default, the user doesnt need to do anything to activate them. Disable closed captioning. Some people dislike having to read a lot of text at the bottom of the screen. Select Exit to close the menu. It took just seconds literally for these artists on The Voice to stand out from the pack.. Much like the speed of the internet with Xfinity's next-generation 10G network, the chair turns . Neither. The changes still apply. If you can't find the CC options in the Settings menu, another way to remove the CC on Peacock is to simply pause the video you're watching. So, it doesnt matter if you have LG, Panasonic, or a Samsung smart TV; the apps interface looks the same. Go to Peacocks settings menu on your chosen streaming device. On some TV models, there is a button on the remote control that turns the Closed Captioning feature on and off. Gently tap on the text bubble, which is the subtitles button, and turn them either Off or On.. Peacock can be a little different when it comes to turning that feature off. I access Peacock via the voice remote. . Youtube doesn't work either, but I'm ok with that. I have also turned them on in accessibility settings. How to Delete Continue Watching on Amazon Prime Video (Desktop and App), The 2023 Parents Guide to Blocking YouTube Channels, How to Stream the 2023 NFL Draft for Free (2 Ways), 16 Best Karaoke YouTube Channels for Karaoke Night (2023), 26 Best Kids Drawing YouTube Channels of 2023. I pressed the down arrow and toggled to the closed caption box but still cannot figure out how to turn the subtitles on. This will bring up a menu. On your PC, sign in to your Peacock account through your browser. In the "General" settings, there will be an option to turn off closed captioning.If you're watching a show on Peacock and you don't want to see the closed captioning, there are a few ways to turn it off. Your screen will show various options. This tool is handy for posting any explanations of terms that are difficult to understand, footnotes, comments, and other additional information about the topic in question. Others have a unique, proprietary OS, such as LGs webOS and Samsungs Tizen. Stupid that X-1 and comcast cannot fix this. Nothing seems to work and I am watching on my TV. Streaming your favorite movies and shows on Peacock is generally easy, and they include key features, such as subtitles and closed captioning. Go to your Android device's Settings. This will bring up a menu of options. 2. Peacock turn off subtitles!!!! In closing, subtitles are essential when youre watching a French or South Korean movie, as well as times when you are in a noisy environment. Press what button on which remote? Any action you take based on the information found on cgaa.org is strictly at your discretion. First of all, its a great way to help users with hearing loss read and understand what is being presented. With the advent of progressive video formats such as mp4, mkv, ogm, its now possible to embed subtitles as a separate stream along with video, audio, etc. Once you've followed these steps, you should no longer see closed captioning on Peacock. Follow these quick steps: Most newer smart TVs support the Peacock app, and some use a particular OS like Roku, Android TV, or Amazon Fire TV. On the show's page, tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner. How do you turn subtitles or closed captioning on and off on Peacock? I do get it on all the networks, Prime, Tubi, etc, etc, etc. Move your computers cursor across your screen. I am sorry to hear these steps did not resolve the issue. Make sure that the "Off" option is selected, and then click "Done" in the bottom right-hand corner. 2 Highlight"Accessibility Settings" and hit "OK" button. Neither one are viable. I know how annoying that closed captioning feature can be when you do not want it there. Me too- I want to watch Olympics without captioning, please fix! 2. 3 Highlight Closed Captioning. But you can only use the Firestick remote control to do that. Then wait 30 seconds BEFORE getting out of that setting. Or show me how to get it, why can't I get closed caption on Peacock. My husband turns on closed captions so I can sleep and I have to go through all the steps to turn them off when I want to enjoy my shows. On some HD TV Boxes, this is labeled Subtitle Setup and may be on the second page of the Setup Menu. 5. This is easy in Peacock if you are familiar with the steps to take. Simply press the "CC" button. Additionally, users can try to select videos that are less likely to require captions, such as those with minimal dialogue or those in which the dialogue is spoken clearly. The issue was on Peacock's end. When the video on Peacock TV starts playing, press the, When the video playback options appear, navigate with the remote to. @edwardp That is so wonderful to hear! If exiting Peacock then resuming it later on, the closed captioning came back, regardless of what the setting was. Subtitles get used to display the spoken language in movies, TV shows, commentaries, and more, such as voices on a TV show, people talking in movies, aliens speaking, commentary, advertisements, and other similar vocal videos. (This was another solution mentioned in forums for peacock issues. Launch the "iPhone Peacock TV app" and start the content you want to watch. Move the highlight over to the caption icon, click and select ON. With the tip of your finger, pull up the playback options from the bottom of the screen. But then we first have to understand what closed captions are on Peacock and why its a bother to some people. They can be of any size and color. Look under the general section, which is where you will find the Accessibility option. I can definitely understand the frustration! A recent update to the X1 app fixed this problem, at least for me. From the closed caption sub-menu, find the option labeled "CC Off," "Disable Closed Captioning" or any variation of these titles. When I do this one. I'm no longer seeing the subtitles/closed-captioning. Just find the right menu in the interface of the website and you can customize your movie viewing experience. Is it missing? Hi nosyone, thank you for creating a post. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window Press Enter to send it. Related Read: Why are dentists closed on weekends? How do I enable closed captions while using Peacock? Tap middle of main menu bottom diver square or what ever you have with center button and four way scroll arrows ! Every other cha new and Internet stream have it. I have tried hitting the center button on my xf1 remote and then using the left arrow. Go to peacock r/peacock by junnjun013. If so, is it solid or blinking? @ComcastJessie That doesn't work---With Xfinity you can't 'scroll down with the Peeacock app to get rid of closed captioning. Now, press OK when it turns yellow. Related Read: What cities are close to malibu? Peacock TV is one of the most popular video streaming services owned by NBC. You will be able to see different options. . April 24, 2023. Its off on both the TV and Xfinity preferences. Try clearing cache and relaunching Peacock. Adjust readability settings as desired. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the closed captioning staying on. 3. Subtitles are for speaking voices, while closed captioning describes all audio. Thank you for posting your Peacock question here. Another way to turn off closed captioning is to go into the app's general settings. I have listed some instructions below, try them and let us know if it works! This is ridiculous!! If you see the letters "CC" on the right side of the screen, go there to toggle the closed . comment sorted by Best Top New Controversial Q&A Add a Comment [deleted] Additional comment actions. #3. Turn off closed captioning on Peacock JA: Can you see a light on the edge of your TV? Like closed captioning, DVS was also pioneered by PBS to ensure the widest . All rights reserved. Thanks for responding. CC explains most visually connected sounds rather than just speaking ones. How to turn off closed caption on Peacock on Xfinity? I am on Peacock and want to get closed captioning. Tried Guide, up, down arrows, etc. After performing these troubleshooting steps, please launch the content you wish to watch on Peacock. Here we have explained in detail all the steps you need to take to disable closed captions on Peacock using the app: You need to open the Peacock App and then click on Settings. If you are still having trouble disabling the closed captioning feature on your television, you may need to consult your television's manual or contact the manufacturer for assistance. Stream new movies, hit shows, exclusive Originals, live sports, WWE, news, and more. All you need to do is find the button in the app interface. You will see the specific video playback option, which you will see at the bottom of your screen. Ben Patterson Launch the "iPhone Peacock TV app" and start the content you want to watch. Turning off closed captions on Peacock is easy to do if you follow the steps above. Scroll down to the "Settings" section and tap "General." ), and much more. When the service menu comes up, nudge the CC option to CC1. It can also be helpful if youre trying to watch TV in a noisy place. I have the xf1 solid black remote control. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the process for turning off closed captioning on peacock may vary depending on the device you are using. How to turn off closed caption on Peacock on Roku? Pull up to see the playback options using your finger. Are you a Peacock subscriber wondering how to turn off closed captioning on Peacock? You should be able to find a button that says "Off" or "Hide CC." High of 59 . One of the best things about streaming platforms like Peacock is the option to stream on different devices. Comes into the screen and other options. I hate closed caption! THAT TV HAS THE MAIN BOX. Another way to disable closed caption on peacock is to use the playback controls. For additional information about the Peacock app on Xfinity X1 & Flex see here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-app-faqs, If you are experiencing this on non-Comcast equipment (i.e. You need to open the Peacock App and then click on Settings. you need to click twice on the < button to get to the text bubble. Same thing for me. How do I fast-forward a closed captioned Video on Comcast? In your browser window, in the corner on the left, click on an icon, which will be labeled Comments. The text will be yellow if you move over it with your cursor. Change text size, font, color and add background. Get it here: https://chrome.google.com/webst. Peacock currently has 2 seasons of Days of our Lives available for streaming. Hello, @stoutporter. .css-1d89nre{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:hover{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:focus{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-79cmum{line-height:85px !important;}Home, How do I get closed captioning on Peacock.? Did you try resetting your box to ensure it is up to date? If you are still experiencing this issues, please ensure that Closed Captioning is not enabled on the X1 box. The first type implies that the words are initially built into the video sequence at the stage of video editing and are an integral and inseparable part of the overall picture.