Clasico Italian Chophouse has the best outdoor dining right on Main Street. Its an upscale restaurant that specializes in French inspired cuisine. MADE Restaurant - 1990 Main St #112, Sarasota. Website. Two thin patties. We created a map of the downtown Sarasota restaurants near your location. Had the pork chop. IndigenousResponded on April 23, 2023We are grateful to have you dine with us. If youre looking for brunch places near Sarasota Farmers Market, this is it. I could understand that if it were crudo or ceviche, but a cooked dish? Service was great, but agree with another reviewwaiter was rude and dismissive. Hence its always rated among the best restaurants and bars in Sarasota. You should also considering dining here if youre going to the Sarasota Opera House, since it is within 1 minute walking distance. They have almost perfect reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp and Google. If you love sushi restaurants, youll love this upscale, trendy and super romantic restaurant. Danny and Tricia (owners) are warm, pleasant, polite and their food reflects that. Definitely one of the best restaurants for lunch if youre looking for a quick bite to eat. We each ordered a green salad, with the mahi entre to share. Apps included Parmesan Beignets and Pork Pupusa. We weren't disappointed. There are far better restaurants in Sarasota, Meliora, Kojo, Baker and Wife(their burger is actually quite fabulous),Rosemary and Thyme etc. Great seafood! Great food . This is hilarious. Improve this listing. Needs to become more customer-centered and up its game.More, We went there last night for a Birthday dinner. Yes, Indigenous Restaurant has outdoor seating. Save yourself a lot of money and go somewhere else. Youll also find Deep Six Lounge, a piano bar on the first floor with live music. Theyre a modern and healthier twist on American comfort food. Excellent food presentation, reasonable prices and high quality ingredients. If youre looking for a new upscale restaurant thatll beat all your expectations, make a reservation. Our favorite Sarasota restaurant. The mushroom bisque was great!Definitely the highlight. Share. They didn't win ,but have lived off that nomination for a long time and the quality has gone down hill since.Pork chop over cooked everything was horribly prepared. A menu with nightly specials focuses on regionally sourced seasonal vegetables and heritage grains paired with those fresh fishincluding Mote Marines farmed sturgeonluxurious lamb, short ribs and a grass-fed red beef burger thats a gourmet meal. Circo is a casual Mexican restaurant that specializes in Tex-Mex cuisine. After dinner, try La Mucca Ballerinas famous tiramisu! We ordered the fantastic wild mushroom bisque for starters, a regular item on the menu. They offer the best happy hour menu and buy 1 get 1 free tacos on Taco Tuesdays. We will be back on our next visit to Sarasota! We will never ever set foot in that hostile, arrogant, dismissive place again. And the general sound level was deafening to the point we practically had to shout to be heard over our tabletop - some acoustic sound absorbing tiles on the ceiling are sorely needed. And they have excellent reviews to back it up. Kelsey our wait person could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Not to mention it has an extensive wine list and one of the best happy hour menus in Sarasota. My gazpacho arrived and it was spicy, full of flavour and all mine, no sharing involved, their mushroom bisque and roasted mushroom with truffle hollandaise was divine. About Focusing on sustainable seafood and local farms in a beautiful remodeled old Florida cracker cottage, with an amazing outdoor seating area. The food is always amazing here. Its an excellent restaurant for special occasions, date night or even an engagement. Food is the star of the show here. Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 500, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? Now I'm rushing to drink the cava while the rose' gets warmugh. Nothing special to start you out that would makeyou remember this place. Best fish I have ever eaten! Unique menu. Got a question about Indigenous Restaurant? IndigenousResponded on April 6, 2023Happy Birthday and thank you for dining with us IndigenousResponded on April 3, 2023Thank you for joining us. Its like a red dress in a room of black suits. Youll find modern solid wooden tables with comfortable leather booth seats. Always wonderful. Cobia had no flavor. Specifically their award winning Sunday brunch menu. I definitely recommend. Mathew, our server, gave great recommendations and service. We tried many things on the menu and everything was to die for. Yes, Indigenous Restaurant offers takeout. For years, Indigenous has been known as one of Americas top restaurants, renowned for its passion for food, the community, and the planet. Parmesan apps were ok, curry fish dip was bad.. way too salty and no distinct flavor. Still marveling at the caramelized finish on my pork chop. And the only way the menu changes is that prices keep going up. Service was excellent but I was disappointed that for a $200 meal, before tax and tip, the server didnt offer a birthday treat with the dessert menu. Indigenous is a gem! The desserts were the best part of the meal. Yes, its that popular. Lovely experience. We experienced extremely slow service and pretentious waiters. Ama La Vita is a small family owned cozy Italian restaurant. Indigenous is rated 4.7 stars by 236 OpenTable diners. Try the salad s and open your world. Does Indigenous Restaurant take reservations? They also have one of the best rooftop bars, so make sure to order a drink there. Locals love Indigenous and everything it stands for. Having eaten here before we looked forward to the return visit. BURGER TASTED: MY UNCLES BURGER. The best! This is a list of the best restaurants in downtown Sarasota, Florida. Its the best, always. Tampa Bay Times food critic Laura Reiley shares her favorite local spots. They dont advertise, theyre extremely personal, and family oriented. She also spilled a pretty sizable splash of rose' on the table in front of me, soaking my menu and leaving a puddle in front of me, to which she commented, "oops!" If youre looking for the best vegan restaurants in downtown Sarasota try Lila. Your group can sit comfortably at Indigenous, a local restaurant. IndigenousResponded on April 15, 2023Thank you. (941) 706-4740. Ranked #49 of 939 Restaurants in Sarasota. My burger was a notch below Shake Shak , a NY fast food restaurant. Our favorite. Dogs are welcome at Indigenous, so feel . Dont forget dessert; you cant skip out on the pickled blueberries with crunch berry shortbread. They strive to create new eclectic combinations of flavors using traditional Mediterranean dishes. This was our first and last time here. Alternatively, you may use, InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Sarasota, Hotels near Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, Hotels near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Hotels near Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary, Hotels near Unconditional Surrender Sculpture, Restaurants near Americas Best Value Inn Sarasota Downtown, Restaurants near Towles Court Artist Colony, Restaurants near McCurdy's Comedy Theatre, Restaurants near Mysterium Escape Rooms & VR, Restaurants near Regal Hollywood - Sarasota, Restaurants near Sarasota Slingshot Rentals, Restaurants near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Restaurants near Ringling College of Art and Design, Restaurants near Argosy University Sarasota, Restaurants near East West College of Natural Medicine, Restaurants near Fashion Focus Hair Academy Sarasota, FL, Restaurants near Meridian College Sarasota, FL, Restaurants near Sarasota County Technical Institute, Restaurants near Sarasota School of Massage Therapy, Restaurants near University of South Florida - Sarasota-Manatee Sarasota, FL. You can go to this restaurant if you appear to be near Museum of Asian Art. Siegfrieds is a casual German restaurant in Sarasota with an outdoor beer garden. more, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options. Make sure to stop by and order a crafted cocktail to see why. 239 S Links Ave Sarasota FL 34236. Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Claim this business. Parmesan Beignets 8.00 City" honey. Is Indigenous Restaurant currently offering delivery or takeout? One service glitch this year - our server misunderstood my drink order and brought me a glass of cava (which I had cancelled in favor of ordering a bottle of rose' that she recommended) - but she brought me the glass of cava and then immediately poured me a glass of rose'. Yes, Indigenous Restaurant has outdoor seating. Americas Best Value Inn Sarasota Downtown. La Mucca Ballerina is a casual and authentic Italian restaurant. Dont ask if its a special occasion if all you do is say Happy Birthday..was embarrassing to bring a friend for a special occasionand have it be not special.More, Visited tonight whilst on holiday in Sarasota with my husband and our friend. Horrible service! We ended up leaving the restaurant without ever having ordered a thing; we were absolutely disgusted by the lack of hospitality. Come here if you want to feel alive. The expansive wine list offers wonderful and unique pairings. Only recommend will be for unique combinations but bring your own salt and pepper. Were not overly sophisticated, but the beignets served as appetizers were so fluffy I had to eat two to know Id even eaten one! Learn More > With a focus on sustainable seafood, we work closely with local fisherman, artisans, and farmers to maintain the highest quality. IndigenousResponded on April 14, 2023Thank you for dining with us.. IndigenousResponded on April 14, 2023Thanks for sharing and being our guests. Great food, ambience and service. It should drink beautifully for 20+ years. Every thing we ordered was excellent, from the Thai Shrimp appetizer $16, Mushroom Bisque $9, Black Garlic Caesar salad $12, Arctic Char $36 right down to the Fruity Pebble Blueberry desert special $12 and Dark Choco Mousse $12. Our foursome, which included 2 chefs, sampled quite avariety of dishes and loved each appetizer and entree on the table. Selva Grill is a Peruvian restaurant that specializes in Latin fusion cuisine. 717 reviews #39 of 598 Restaurants in Sarasota $$$$ American Seafood Vegetarian Friendly. It has a relaxing atmosphere and peaceful ambience. Its been part of Sarasotas historic scene for over 35 years. However, Bijou was sold in 2021 to the Realm Restaurant Group (who own Sage), so hopefully they will maintain quality. Indigenous Restaurant accepts credit cards. Indigenous American Restaurant $$ $$ Laurel Park, Sarasota Save Share Tips 12 Photos 68 Menu 8.9/ 10 54 ratings Menu Dinner 2 Dessert 2 Wine List 18 Dinner Chilled Butternut Squash Soup 5.00 Cashew pesto, sweet soy Shaved Brussel Sprouts 7.00 Butternut squash, pecans, nueskes bacon, raisins, maple vinaigrette. Review. The flavor was terrible. Not only was the location darling and cozy - yet upscale and Florida-esque - but our meal was terrific! Two thin patties. The New England style bungalow setting is comforting while feeling intimate & upscale, & there wasnt a dish that wasnt finished! The phone number for Indigenous Restaurant is (941) 706-4740. Hours: They open at 11 a.m. every day, and close at 9 p.m. during the week and 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Expect it to be lively, loud and almost always busy. The gazpacho was delicious but the pickled shrimp wereovercooked and under seasoned. Restaurants near Indigenous Restaurant in Sarasota, indigenous restaurant in sarasota reviews. I told her not very well. One diner thought the shrimp and scallops was bland, the server offered a replacement dish which was the falafel plate - a big improvement. In time, itll easily make the top 10 restaurants in Sarasota. You can even pay the check with your phone and not have to wait for the waiter! A treat to our palates! The atmosphere is pleasant, food presentation is beautiful and the service is superb. Indigenous is not worth a future visit. Copyright 20042023 Yelp Inc. Yelp, , and related marks are registered trademarks of Yelp. Owens Fish Camp is one of the best places to eat in downtown Sarasota. No bread is brought to the table. I mentioned it to the waiter and he told me that it was supposed to be room temperature. A treat to our palates! I told her not very well. The fingerling potatoes were good. crunchy chickpeas, basil yogurt, garam masala, kale, basil, romaine, parmesan, marinated tomatoes, cornbread croutons, Dakin Dairy mozzarella, baby arugula, mint, spiced almonds, peas, yuzu vanilla vinaigrette, slow cooked Niman Ranch pork, pan fried cornbread, charred onion puree, citrus jerk relish, green chile oil, Two Docks Clams, Castelvetrano olives, thyme, chervil, parmesan, semolina bread, local sustainable fish, white wine, garlic, Everglades butter, tarragon bread crumbs, lemon, Niman Ranch grass fed beef, cheddar, bacon jam, Indigenous sauce, duck fat roasted potatoes, pickled stuff, red bulgur tabbouleh, basil puree, roasted shitakes, lemon jam aioli, parmesan, wild caught Gulf shrimp, cucumbers, carrots, mint, basil, radish, peanuts, fish sauce vinaigrette, vermicelli, sustainable species from reliable sources, vegetables and/or grains, gathered from local sources, Antinori's 2007 Tignanello is wonderfully ripe and seductive in its dark cherries, flowers, spices, tobacco, sage, cedar mint and minerals. At Indigenous, we are always working our best to create a better food system. Expect high end decor, beautiful table settings, eclectic flavor combinations and a very sophisticated atmosphere. Inside, you are to see the beautiful decor. My husband, Frank Guidara, who has been president and CEO of multiple restaurant companies in the United States, needed to use the bathroom. Servers are outstanding and do a wonderful job of introducing Chefs creations. You dont have to commit to a das boot, but at least order a Bitburger, Hofbrau or Hefeweizen draft beer. Indigenous is supposedly one of Sarasotas most exciting restaurants. We appreciate you sharing Thank you for dining with us. The food was amazing, the chef and staff must work very hard to get everything chopped! If youre looking for new downtown Sarasota restaurants, check them out! Sarasota See all 40 photos Overview Photos Menu Reviews Indigenous 4.7 230 Reviews $31 to $50 American Top Tags: Good for special occasions Neighborhood gem Great for outdoor dining Opened in 2011, Indigenous has earned a reputation for being an inspirational and educational restaurant. So delicious, high quality, inventive cuisine. Open until 9:00 PM (Show more) Its got all the traditional Italian dishes, pizza and award winning pasta. Youll find many healthy Mediterranean and Italian dishes. Chef/owner Steve Phelps is a fisherman who reveres local seafood and can tell guests what boat caught their dinner today and who the captain was. It has a great happy hour menu and is by far the best lunch restaurant in downtown Sarasota. Try the grub at Indigenous, a Sarasota restaurant serving American-style fare. Staff top notch, great ambiance. The food presentation is out of this world. Needs to become more customer-centered and up its game. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Delicious house wine, beer or bourbon are among the tastiest drinks to try. My Cobia (burger) was the best fish sandwich Ive ever had! Indigenous is a farm to table romantic restaurant. Youll see people dancing, having fun and being social. Informal setting where food is the star of the show. Love it!!! Opened in 2011, Indigenous has earned a reputation for being an inspirational and educational restaurant. Phelps has racked up numerous honors since opening Indigenous in 2011, including being named a James Beard "Best Chef" semifinalist twice, winning a Niman Ranch scholarship, achieving top Zagat. Definitely recommend to visit. Heres why. IndigenousResponded on April 14, 2023We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon. The menu changes almost daily depending on what local seafood and vegetables are in season. They pride themselves on having the freshest local seafood in town. It's a beauty. If youre looking for a vegan restaurant or a vegetarian restaurant, youll love their Vegan & Vegetarian menu. Scallops cooked in oven were good but not very flavorful. Specifically their delicious grouper or snapper. For many locals, its already the best dinner restaurant. They specialize in eclectic dining, so expect new flavors thatll spike even the most overstimulated taste buds. For more information on Indigenous, at 239 S. Links Ave., Sarasota, call 941-706-4740 or visit indigenoussarasota.com. Great service. Completely overcooked. Imagine dining tables with perfect color harmony. Indigenous Restaurant What is it? Tonight we sat in the wine room and the service was poor and food mediocre. When it comes to local seafood and outdoor dining, nothing comes close. Indigenous Restaurant 239 S Links Ave, Sarasota, FL Indigenous is a farm to table romantic restaurant. Promised potatoes where about 5 thin pieces and broccoli mixture lack salt or more quick. 129 photos. My husband loved his shrimp. If youre looking to go somewhere for a special occasion, this is an excellent choice. variety of dishes and loved each appetizer and entree on the table. . Indigenous restaurant is Sarasota's newest premier creation. If you're lucky enough to get reservations at Indigenous Restaurant, you'll enjoy it! They support local farms, Sarasota based food producers and organic farms in Florida. Restaurants near Indigenous 239 S Links Ave, Sarasota, FL 34236-6926 Sponsored Fresh Mozzarella Pizzeria 21 reviews 2289 Ringling Blvd "Great Pizza" 03/23/2023 "The Cheesesteak Was Great!" 09/15/2022 Cuisines: Italian Pizza Find a table The Garden Room Cafe at Shoogie Boogies #5 of 777 Restaurants in Sarasota 269 reviews Cmon, really? Met my expectations. If youre in the mood for some traditional Italian dishes with a modern twist, give it a try. A rather disgusting burger for 24.00. Indigenous (239 S. Links Ave., Sarasota; 941-706-4740; indigenoussarasota.com) opens for dinner 5:30 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, with curbside starting at 5 p.m. One of the best meals weve ever had! Located in a cottage in downtown Sarasota, Indigenous is an intimate fine-dining experience, serving locally sourced seafood and meats with a menu. Charles de Fere, "Cuvee Jean Louis" Brut, Burgundy FR NV, J" Vineyards Brut, Cuvee 20, Russian River, CA NV, Louis Roederer Brut "Premier", Reims, France NV, Louis Roederer "Cristal" Tete de Cuvee, Reims, France '04, Graff Piesporter Michelsburg Reisling, Mosel, Germany '09, Layer Cake, "Unoaked" Chardonnay, "Hundred Acre", CA '09, Flora Springs "Estate Chardonnay", Napa, CA '09, Pine and Post Merlot, Walla Walla, WA '09, d'Arenberg "The Stump Jump" Shiraz, McLaren Vale, AU '09, Marietta Cellars, Old Vines, Lot 54, Zinfandel Blend, CA, Belle Glos "Meiomi" Pinot Noir, Sonoma, Monterey, Santa Barbara '09, Carpe Diem, Cabernet Savignon, Napa, CA '07, Hook & Ladder, Russian River Valley, Chardonnay, Sonoma, CA '09, Decoy "Duckhorn", Zinfandel, Napa, CA '08, Porter Family Vineyards, Syrah, Napa, CA '06, Porter Family Vineyards, Sandpiper, Cabernet Savignon, Napa, CA '06, Graff Piesporter Michelsburg, Mosel, Germany '09, Pacific Rim, "Organic", Columbia Valley, WA '10, Chateau D' Esclans "Whispering Angel" Rose, Provence, FR '10, Chassagne - Montrachet, Etienne Sauzet, Burgundy, FR '09, Puligny - Montrachet, Olivier Leflaive, Burgundy, FR '08, Layer Cake, "Unoaked", "Hundred Acre", Central Coast, CA '09, Hook & Ladder, Russian River Valley, Sonoma, CA '09, Pahlmeyer Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, CA '06, Spottswoode Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa, CA '06, Quintessa, Proprietary Red Blend, Rutherford, CA '07. got there at 5:25. Known for: Ceviche, mirin roasted Chilean sea bass, short rib spring rolls, rack of lamb, lomo saltado, skirt steak and crab cakes. We were greeted by a friendly server who acknowledged the birthday person. Does Indigenous Restaurant have outdoor seating? Went there with my family for my birthday last night. The atmosphere is lively and very social. If youre looking for interesting restaurants with great reviews, this is an excellent choice. Our menu of seasonal American cuisine changes progressively throughout the year based on peak ingredient availability. Vegetarian baked falafel was a truly awful idea--without the crunchy shell, falafel is just a lot of paste.