Thank you so much! I especially love the Peppa Pig cup that is my nieces. Our Beef Cooking Chart has more info! Toss together the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, and rosemary in the pan. Is there any way to make this in the crock pot? All ovens vary. Required fields are marked *. I wanted some good old-fashioned comfort food due to the cold weather today and got to thinking about my Gram's Irish stew. Other names for chuck roast include chuck eye, chuck roll, and even just pot roast. Thank you for your review! Made it for a nice family dinner with my in laws and my MIL asked for the recipe because it was so good! Thought it was delicious. Cook it for up to 6 hours for an even more tender dinner. The easiest, best tasting pot roast ever in my 40 years of trying.. . Just add everything to your crock pot and get cooking! But the truth is, there are plenty of tasty, economical cuts the whole family will love. Beef chuck is seasoned with smoked paprika and simmered with onions, garlic, and green olives. We have everything you need for a perfect dinner. If needed add additional water or broth. 2013, Television Food Network, G.P. As a bonus, this mouthwatering recipe uses just three other basic ingredients. Get the Recipe: 2013, Television Food Network, G.P. Wrap the roast. This Lebanese beef and green beans is no exception. place back in oven at same temp. I've put together X delicious recipes. Deglaze the pan with the red wine, scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan, and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes. Rather, the name describes how the stripes of beef and vegetables look like colorful rags. Very easy to make, too," Sheila LaLonde says. Home cook jennifer272 gives it her stamp of authenticity, saying, "This is it! Kids especially enjoy it with buttered egg noodles and apple sauce. You wont believe how one simple step can add so much color and flavor to an entire dish. Theyre budget-friendly and perfectly sized for feeding larger families with leftovers to spare. Melt in your mouth tender chunks of beef along with veggies and plenty of flavor enhancers. Serve it in its most traditional way as stew with some tortillas, with Mexican rice, or use the same recipe to make the famous birria tacos. Place into the slow cooker. Get the Recipe: Look no further, this is it. If youre craving some Chipotle any night, you dont have to go to a take out place. It was a delicious Sunday supper! Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published! Just be sure to save some beef for the most amazing birria tacos later in the week. Pot roast is one of life's greatest comfort foods. Vanessa Greaves is a Senior Editor at Allrecipes with nearly two decades of experience helping home cooks gain confidence in the kitchen. Cover pan and bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours or until the roast is almost tender. The meat always cooks to a fall-apart tender state that makes it the ultimate comfort food for home cooks. Go buy some or is there an alternative? Chuck Roast so, so tender, shreds apart and melts in your mouth.Bottom round or top round beef leaner cut and good to use if you want to slice your beef.Beef Brisket a fattier choice that gets very tender, but can still be sliced for serving. We're sorry, there seems to be an issue playing this video. One-pot meals are so convenient. "And so easy to make in the Instant Pot for a simple midweek dinner. Get the Recipe: My Mom taught me this recipe love 40 years ago. I'm from Chicago and since I do not live there now, I forever crave THE Italian Beef sandwich. This Moroccan Beef Stew is hearty and wholesome, slow cooked for hours, resulting in melt in your mouth succulent beef in a sauce that is magic. All you need is salt and pepper! The best part is, it cooks itself to tender, flavourful perfection all in one pot. Copyright 2019-2023 Best Beef Recipes, All Rights Reserved. Bring the broth in the Dutch Oven to a boil, and whisk in the flour mixture a little bit at a time until thick. This delicious Irish Beef & Guinness Stew is a classic comfort dish and a mouth-watering dinner that the whole family will love. YUM! Theyre such a great way to feed a crowd, and can take a variety of flavors. This sirloin version is grilled on medium-high heat to help caramelize the sauce and fat before being served medium to medium-rare. Price and stock may change after publish date, and we may make money off This had to be the BEST EVER pot roasts. Hi, I made this according to the directions using a 4lb roast per recipe the meat was very dry and veggies over cooked . Once hot and the butter is melted, add the seasoned beef and sear until golden brown on all sides. Remove the bay leaves before serving. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. Remove beef and vegetables from the Dutch Oven and set them aside to rest. You can do this in a casserole or pan that is deep enough (think 913 depth, at least) Be sure the liquid comes up about half way up the side of the meat. So flavorful and yummy. It was amazing! 2014, Television Food Network, G.P. Fall-apart tender and complete with carrots and potatoes, this easy pot roast for dinner is a meal you'll want to make for your family again and again. This is an amazing dish. Mikey, we are so glad you and your friend enjoyed it! Make this now. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. It was great back then, and still is. Its big. This recipe is an Italian beef recipe, and an absolutely delicious one at that. Remove to a plate and set aside. It wasnt creamy. Coming from the upper Midwest this is traditional comfort food. Add onions and the minced garlic cloves, and soften in same pan. Because of this, it's a good idea to check on your roast before the cooking time is up. A must try for curry lovers like me. This hearty Sunday supper starts with an inexpensive beef chuck roast. No matter how beef is eaten, it can easily showcase worldwide flavors and culinary creativity. This classic Irish stew never disappoints anyone. There is nothing like smelling this delicious beef chuck recipe cooking all day long, then sitting down to enjoy it with the family. Even picky eaters cant resist! Sandwiches plus crockpot meals a perfect combination! Made this today with a 4lb chuck roast, threw in mushrooms as well, didnt have tomato paste so I omitted. Most DELICIOUS and sooooo easy You may also want to monitor it because it could be your oven is a little different than ours in addition to using less liquid. Well, you're not alone. In a large pan (a casserole or Dutch Oven pan), add the oil and brown the beef on all sides. but really, try not to skip that dry onion soup mix. It turned out brilliantly. Pot Roast Tacos. Cook for 8-10 hours on low until the roast pulls apart easily when touched with a fork. Ropa Vieja is a TRUE Cuban Classic!! In this simple recipe, the beef gets flavored with brown sugar, chili sauce, and soy sauce to give the protein an Asian flare. Please refresh the page or try again in a moment. I used a pinot noir wine. Take a peek at the gorgeous brown crust that this chuck roast develops in the oven you dont get that with a pressure cooker. Linnea Covington has been writing about food for over a decade. The result is a flavorful, fork-tender dish you can make any night of the week. This will ensure a juicy pot roast. Your email address will not be published. Because I browned the meat with a light flour coating it made a perfect gravy and was not necessary to thicken further. Remove and plate. Beef chuck pot roast and whole onions are cooked in beef broth until fork tender. Ive made many Chuck roasts over the years but this was by far the most delicious recipe ever! Make the savory stew for Sunday dinner. This dish is perfect for enjoying with your family or even for feeding a crowd. You may find its cooked through and shredding easily early. Coat the chuck roast with salt and flour and cut into 4-6 smaller pieces. A Guide to Beef Roasts and the Best Ways to Cook Them, 38 Comfort Food Recipes From Around the World, 36 Warm and Comforting Recipes for Cold Weather, Perfect Pot Roast With Potatoes and Carrots, 15 Quick and Easy Ground Beef Dinner Recipes. All Rights Reserved. 3. Pot Roast Stir-Fry, Matt Armendariz 2014, Television Food Network, G.P. I haven't cooked very many meals, but figured I'd give this a shot. We still got enough of the wonderful veggies though. Privacy Policy. Heat the olive oil in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high. All oven times vary. Its so delicious, though, were sure youll find yourself making it much more often than just once a year. White Tea Shot. She served hers over colcannon also.". Sancocho is a very popular and flavorful Puerto Rican stew. Or an envelope of the dry soup mixonion, or mushroom & onion (with about 1-1/2 to 2 cups water). Season beef all over with salt and pepper. Its time to introduce Carbonnade Flamande to your friends and family. Slow Cooker Pot Roast Soup is so incredibly easy and super delicious. What a great variety of chuck roast recipes. Bake 350F for at least 2 hours before checking it. It is so flavorful, moist, and fall-apart tender. Will use the leftover beef in a Pot Pie that Ill make in the next few nights. The meat was incredibly tender, the sauce was delicious and hearty, and the vegetables were divine! Featuring thinly sliced, grilled sirloin steak, this Thai-inspired salad showcases how well beef goes with fruit and slightly sweet and salty soy-based sauces. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F. Generously salt and pepper the chuck roast. The beef pie takes about three hours to prepare, but in the meantime enjoy any leftover stout. You can totally use homemade condensed mushroom soup (making that is on my to-master list this winter! ) You'll get the same mouthwatering meal without heating up your kitchen. Make sure to sear the beef on all sides. Easy to follow the directions, and the house smelled so good that we couldn't wait to eat. Remove the roast from the skillet and . lol. I am not usually a fan of roasts but it was fall apart tender and so moist. Get the Recipe: The best recipe ever. Beef chuck roast is a relatively inexpensive cut of meat that starts out tough but becomes meltingly tender when you cook it using low temperatures and long, slow cooking methods. Both me and my husband loved this recipe This recipe alone pushes me to purchase her cookbook! Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Beef Chuck Roast Internal Temperature Your pot roast should reach an internal temperature of at least 195. Celebrate falls finest flavors with this stout-infused pot roast. Place the chuck roast on your smoker and smoke it until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. For me, it took 5 hours to reach this temperature, so adjust smoking time as needed. Place into the Dutch oven or lidded roaster.