The blanket can be easily made with just one color, however, I really prefer using two for at least one-third of the blanket. Row 2 (MC): Repeat [1 sc, ch 1, skip 1] 39 times. That is exactly what I did. When you reach the corner you started with, slip stitch into the starting stitch, CH 2 and turn. To see this page as it is meant to appear, please enable your Javascript! Each pattern includes step by step instructions as well as a video tutorial. Other Materials: scissors, yarn needle, measuring tape (optional). Mavericks Wave Ripple Knitted Blanket Pattern. Baby Bunny Hat (Easy + Quick Pattern) Easy Baby Blanket Knitting Pattern (Broken Rib Stitch) Sweaters. 12 Simple Knitting Stitches For Beginners, Irish Moss Stitch Cardigan Knitting Pattern, Dishcloth Knitting Patterns (To Practice Basic Knitting. Its buttery soft and really easy to use. Happy knitting! Its not available? In the next st (the top of the last SC from the previous round), SC. Please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel that you can findHEREand turn on post notifications so you wont miss any of my future videos. And if you add into the mix one additional color of yarn, as I did in the first few rows of my blanket, you will get this interesting striped look. Studio Knit is a joyful knitting brand from author Kristen McDonnell that ignites your creative spark. Designed by Berroco Design Team. Sizes Infant (Toddler, Child Small, Child Large, Adult Small, Adult Large). Follow Studio Knit on Pinterest by clicking the logo. 50 gap spaces created). Thank you for your interest, but I havent had time to complete the PDF pattern. Work 1 sc into each of the last two sts of the row. In the next st (the top of the last TR from the previous round), SC. 4 x 4 = 8 stitches and 15 rows (following blanket body pattern). Finished size is approx. When I made my blanket I chose to always carry the Blue yarn and crochet over it each time I worked a White row so I could easily pick it up on the other side, and I always cut the White and left tails to weave in at the end. DK weight yarn. Find the Irish Moss Stitch on page 22 of my Knit Stitch Pattern Book. Charts are contained in the main pattern document; the written directions for charts are in the separate PDF. and is free with registration at Annies. You can also grab your free pattern PDF below to print out and enjoy! This pattern was one of the first blankets I ever made and its still one of my favorites. But please take some time and check the gauge. Quick and easy sweater knit with a 4 row repeat double moss stitch. *In the next st, SC. Lapghan Size (36" x 48") required 8 balls of this yarn brand. THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS THAT SUPPORT HANDY LITTLE ME CONTENT AND FREE PATTERNS. Here is a video that shows how to work the stitches for the main part of the blanket and the border: Thanks so much for visiting our blog, I hope you enjoy this pattern! Cabling without a cable needle picture tutorial. Designed by Louise Bollanos for Handy Little Me. Pullover sweater with lace diamonds of moss stitch and stockinette triangles. ROUND 2: Continuing on in the same direction, CH 8 (or any number if youd like your border wider or more narrow.) The border is made of alternating between single crochet and triple (also known as treble) crochet, for a stunning, textured look. SC into the SC of the previous round).Ch 1 and turn. (50 SC made. Get instant access to this Ultimate Crochet Cheat Sheet and for a limited time, you will also get a free PDF of my Love Pillow Pattern! Uses one skein 273 yards (250 m) of recommended DK weight yarn. One-third in the first two and the rest with the other two colors. The pattern for a crochet baby blanket is written in two simple steps: Please, read the instructions carefully. Upon returning, slip stitch one more time into the same corner space for a total of 3 times, before moving on and only slip stitching one time into the next space. Designed by Leelee Knits as Faded Throw. Sizes 0-6 Months, 6-12 Months, 1-2 Years, 2-3 Years. You know youve arrived at Moss Landing once those two giant smoke stacks come into view. Here you will find both free crochet patterns for crochet gifts and patterns you can purchase as PDF Digital Downloads. If you see that you have too many stitches and that they are adding to the width of the blanket, just skip a stitch or two here and there. * Repeat from * to * until 1st st made. It is for beginners. This is a crochet pattern for baby size. st - Stitch. Errata note: April 26, 2018: The Written Directions for Chart A only were updated today. This blanket pattern is easy to memorize with a four-row repeat that creates a reversible texture. Cardigan Sizes: 2 years to 10 years. It's a lovely, simple stitch that is very beginner-friendly, which is complimented by the textured border. At the end of the row, pull through with Blue before you finish the last SC. . How To Knit The Linen Stitch (Tutorial + Pattern). Follow along with the. Just ensure you are choosing a Medium (4), Worsted Weight yarn. This Double Moss Stitch Pattern is a simple pattern that adds great texture. how to knit moss stitch The PATTERN: Moss stitch is a 2-row pattern and is nothing more than knit one, purl one, alternated across a row. The linen stitch is very basic, so it's left up to the . Cast On the number of stitches for the blanket size youve selected (see sizes above). In this post, you will see a beginner-friendly Irish moss stitch dishcloth knitting pattern. This is a medium (4) yarn. This pattern is now available as a free PDF download from Yarnspirations! Take the Worsted weight yarn in your main color (mine is dark blue) and 6.0 mm crochet hook and create a foundation chain made of 81 chains. These patterns are not my designs but links to other designers who have generously shared their patterns. But it did not bother me and hope you are happy with the results. buy it now or visit pattern website. Please note: This pattern and all images associated with this pattern cannot be copied, shared, altered or sold on your own. Mass production using this pattern is not allowed. GAUGE: Work 6 stitches and 6 rows in Moss Stitch using a 6.0 mm crochet hook and an Aran weight yarn to measure 4 x 4 cm. Row 4 (MC): Repeat [1 sc, ch 1, skip 1] 39 times. Moss stitch (also known as linen stitch) is contemporary looking thus creating a stretchy but solid fabric for a cozy and warm baby blanket. Each pattern includes step by step instructions and a full video tutorial. The stitch pattern is also known as the linen stitch, or the granite stitch. Turn and work in the back loops of each of the 7 SC you just made. Repeat Rows 1 4 of the Double Moss Stitch until your blanket is the length you desire. Work the moss stitch (SC, CH 1, skip 1) around the sides and ends of the blanket. In the next st, TR. ROUND 1: With Blue, pull up a loop in any corner and CH 2. Both charts and written directions for charts are included. I wanted to make a pattern that would include a fun crochet stitch like moss stitch for quite some time now. Baby Hat Knitting Pattern. (100 SC made). This4-row repeat knit stitch patternis avariation of theSeed Stitchand has a really great texture. Designed by Berroco Design Team. ch = chainsl st = slip stitchst = stitchsts = stitchessk = skipsc = single crochetTR = triple (treble) crochet. This stitch texture is also called the Double Seed, Double Irish Moss, Two Stitch Check, and Box Stitch. This crochet baby blanket is truly perfect for any gender and the size is completely customizable. Order by 5pm Monday to Friday for same day despatch. If you wish to share this pattern, only link to the pattern page. 30x30ins/78x78cms. Sizes 104-140 cm / 40.9-55.1. The updated pattern file has been uploaded to Ravelry and updates sent out to all purchasers. Use an I/9 (5.25 mm) hook for the entire border (or a hook that is 2 sizes down from the hook you used for the blanket body). Repeat row 4 seventy-one (71) more times. This is such a great relaxing project that you can do while binge watching . Cardigan Sizes 18 mos (2 yrs, 4 yrs). This blanket pattern is easy to memorize with a four-row repeat that creates a reversible texture. You can learn how to knit the linen stitch with a free dishcloth pattern How To Knit The Linen Stitch (Tutorial + Pattern). See All > Rainbow Cardigan Knitting Pattern (5 Sizes) If your last st before the corner is a SC, add a TR in the same st as your SC (so your last st before the corner will be (SC, TR) in the same st). rep - repeat. Take a look around at all the fun, quick and easy crochet patterns that make useful and unique crochet giftsyoull want to keep for yourself! Designed by Arty Lou. Im Jo, the designer behind Jo to the World Creations, and Im dedicated to helping you make the perfect crochet gift! Abbreviations and terms + free PDF download. These stitches are variations of the traditional 11 and 22 rib stitches. Add the pattern to your basket. This pattern includes 6 stitches of garter stitch on each side. Why not a whole collection of crochet patterns for babies made with this beautiful and easy-to-learn moss stitch? This pattern is also available as a PDF, which includes everything listed here but as a printer-friendly PDF that you can instantly download, save, print, make notes on and keep forever. The easy pattern results in an interlocking pattern of parallelogram shapes in the Garter, Stockinette, and Moss Seed Knit Stitches. love this stitch and I have not ever seen your measure item beforewhat is it called and where did you get it? . Super bulky weight yarn. You can find the free instructions below. Only Jo-ful emails. My inspiration for this simple, meditative design is Moss Landing, a favorite peaceful destination located down the California coastal highway from my knitting studio! Rated easy by Ravelrers. PRINTABLE DOWNLOAD: Purchase the ad-free printable pdf pattern in my Studio Knit Pattern Shop. They will also allow you to work on practicing your newly learned stitches. In the next st (the top of the last TR from the previous round), SC. Matching set of baby headband, baby booties, and child cardigan knit in a 4 row repeat moss stitch variation. Cast 112 stitches onto your needle with the long-tail method._____, Step 3: Blanket Body in Double Moss Stitch. * Repeat from * to * until 1st st made. This knitting pattern is a reversible, easy-level project created with a simple combination of knits and purls. Purchase the PDF Digital Download of this Moss Stitch Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern, which is a very easy crochet baby blanket pattern that works up really quickly. Repeat that for every side and the first three corners of the blanket. Not knitting in the round. This4-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern has a really great texture its nice and squishy, too. That might affect the final look of your design. Your email address will not be published. Needles 4mm / US6 circular needles 32 / 80cm and 60 / 152cm long or size required to obtain gauge. Ch 1. MATERIALS-I used Caron Simply Soft in the color Strawberry, which is a #4 worsted weight yarn-5mm crochet hook As always please feel free to use any yarn weight and hook combo you want. No Blocking Required: You may wish to block your work. Browse free stitch patterns,video tutorials, andprojects to get inspired today! Also available as a knitCompanion design from Create2Thrive. The Double Moss Stitch is an easy combination of simple Knit and Purl Stitches. Knit 60 Pattern Repeats of Rows 1 4 of the Double Moss Stitch (240 rows total) for the Lapghan size. You can also purchase it on Etsy and Ravelry. Louise. sts - Stitches. A variation on the Seed and Irish Moss stitches , this Double Moss Knit Stitch Pattern is achieved with a 4-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern created with a simple combination of knits and purls. Check out my entire library of free stitch patterns! If you are more familiar with UK terminology, check out my US to UK Conversion Chart. I believe in knitting everywhere - even on the Iron Throne! Slouchy hat knit with a 4 round repeat double moss or Irish moss stitch. End your blanket by knitting the top border with 8 Rows in Garter Stitch. Im so happy that you are finding knitting helpful to focus your mind. More free patterns (that make awesome crochet gifts) are on the way! Keep scrolling, its up next! This 4-row repeat knit stitch pattern is a variation of the Seed Stitch and has a really great texture. Watch the video and follow the step-by-step tutorial to learn how to make this adorable crochet baby bonnet from start to finish. In the next st, TR. This Irish Moss Stitch Knitting Pattern is a popular vintage design. Row 4 and on: Repeat Row 3 until your rows measure approx. Thank you for your support! The stitches are repetitive and the patterns ask for minimal color changes. To make the width of the blanket bigger or smaller, adjust the number of starting chains in multiples of 2+1 (meaning that your number of starting chains should be an odd number). Web version is free. In the next st, TR. Reversible scarf knit with a Moss Diamond and Lozenge Pattern design. Iris Stitch Free Crochet Pattern. Find my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help knit up this project. my entire library of free stitch patterns, Mavericks Wave Ripple Knitted Blanket Pattern, Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn. Thank you for your support! I'm a late-blooming knitter who learned to knit as an adult. Hat in six head sizes and two crown options knit with cables on a double moss stitch background. Designed by creativeyarn. 26 or 66 cm (approximately 94 rows in total) or your desired height. Make another baby blanket! You may wish to block your work, however it is not necessary since the fabric does not curl up. Designed by Amy Gunderson. Impeccable Knits has a Ravelry group: Impeccable Knitters Gathering Place. Do NOT use copyrighted photos for your product listing. Any DK/light worsted/8 ply yarn or Aran/worsted/10 ply yarn. Make sure the price is 0. Repeat Rows 1 4until your piece is the length you desire. my entire library of free stitch patterns, Mavericks Wave Ripple Knitted Blanket Pattern, Knitting Needles - Appropriate Size for Yarn. Designed by Premier Yarns Design Team. Choose your colors to match your kitchen or use up whatever you have leftover in your yarn stash. * Repeat from * to * until the corner. Thank you!This post may contain affiliate links. Uses one skein of DK weight yarn. You can make one in around an hour to two and a whole stack in a weekend of knitting! Thank you so much for a beautiful pattern! Designed by Debbie Bliss. At the corner, (SC, TR, SC) in the same st.] Follow the instructions from [ to ] a total of 3 times (working around the blanket). The Irish moss stitch pattern In this dishcloth pattern, you will create a garter stitch border at the top and bottom of the design. Ive made a few scarfs and know a few basics, I started this project today and so far its turning out beautifully. YO, pull yarn through last 2 loops on hook. Loom Knitting. Yes, the Irish Moss Stitch is a reversible pattern, meaning that both sides of your work, the Right and Wrong sides, are identical. Access ALL my PDF Crochet Patterns! However, it actually looks great and is ready-to-use hot off your needles. Stitches are then picked up around the edges of this block and the blanket is worked outward, in the round. This listing is for the knitting pattern for this baby blanket. After the last corner, in the next st, SC. Worsted weight yarn. Im very proud of myself and being able to create beautiful things, Hello Nicole, Rated easy by the designer SusanKnitsDesign. Pattern includes instructions for 4 different styles of blanket: Garter stitch blanket, Square pattern blanket, Blanket with Irish Moss Stitch Borders and Diagonal garter blanket. Learn to Knit the Irish Moss Stitch Pattern with Video Tutorial by Studio Knit #StudioKnit #knitstitchpattern #rishmoss #mossstitch #irishmossstitch #howtoknit. This 4-row repeat knit stitch pattern is a variation of the Seed Stitch and has a really great texture. I have tried to find the psd to purchase the moss stitch crochet baby blanket with different sizes. The size is 3 feet by 6 feet, which I'd be tempted to shorten to 3 feet and make it basically square. * Repeat from * to * until 1st st made. Follow the instructions from [ to ] a total of 4 times (working around the blanket). Cozy cardigan with shawl collar knit with a 4 row repeat double moss or Irish moss stitch. The fee compensates for the ad revenue I would make if you had to visit the site to access the instructions. You can find one below in this blog post and three of them are in the process of making. Worsted weight yarn. Welcome to my blog, where I share my crochet journey. (50 SC made. SC in the last gap space (which is the space between the last SC and the turning chain from the previous row) (gap space created). Textured cowl looks like it's knit in moss stitch. In simple terms, the color pattern I used is 9 rows Blue, 1 row White, 3 rows Blue, 1 row White, repeat. This is a reversible pattern, meaning that both sides of your work, the right and wrong sides, are identical. Just 2 Purl, 2 Knit which creates a really nice effect that looks like bobbles. Add the pattern to your basket. Baby. In the next st (the top of the last SC from the previous round), TR. Designed by Caron. This is a very easy pattern that works up really quickly and looks beautiful when complete. DK weight yarn. Work 3 SC into each corner. Just minus 4 or 8 stitches for a smaller size or add 4 or 8 stitches for a larger size. Matching toddler/child cardigan, hat, and baby blanket knit with a 4 row repeat moss stitch. p - Purl. Get your Baby Blanket Bundle today! YOU WILL ALSO NEED: 2 stitch markers, a tapestry needle, and scissors. Thank you so much for your kind words, Im so happy you like the pattern and the blog. At the corner, (TR, SC, TR) into the corner st. [In the next st, SC. For more information, please read the. Much appreciated. Gauge 17 sts x 24 rows = 44/10x10cm in Irish moss stitch. Pullover sweaters knit with 4 row repeat Irish moss stitch and diamond cables. Posted on Last updated: February 18, 2023. Because this stitch alternates knit and purl stitches on all rows, it easily lies flat. Aran weight yarn. If you enjoyed this pattern you may also like this set of three dishcloth knitting patterns and this Celtic cable dishcloth knitting pattern. Please do not copy, sell, redistribute or republish this pattern.