She was so talented and a great teacher. This is the first Ive heard of it. When I finally made the trip to the Sewing weekend- it was wonderful to see her in person. Have learned so much from her. She was a true reflection of faith. I gained so much knowledge from watching Nancy. For the first time ever, Richard Zieman shares an intimate look into life with his beloved wife of 40 years, Nancy. She was genuine, humble, and a very lovely true lady. Though Ive been sewing for forty years, Im still learning from Nancy. Artworks See all 2 artworks Behind the Garden, 1976 Richard Ziemann; Back Field III, 1977-78 Richard Ziemann; Explore Further. Im a much more accomplished seamstress because of her wonderful instruction. I owned a shop, taught many kids to sew & was always involved in sewing events. She just matter of factly shows us tips and secrets. She was definitely an entrepreneur and a front runner within the sewing industry. I have greatly missed her. Thanks to your beloved husband and family for sharing you with so many of your fans. Looking forward to to second one. I watched sewing with Nancy for many years and I still record it. The second best result is Richard Johnn Ziemann age 50s in Cleveland, OH in the Kamm's Corners neighborhood. God bless! I was so proud when she shared on her show one of my sewing projects with a picture of my granddaughters. She was such a woman of faith and love. I always loved to sew, and loved to watch Sewing With Nancy. 2. I knew how to sew but picked up a few tips along the way. I will be 72 this month and her books would make a wonderful Birthday gift for me to read and pass down to my daughter, who has been encourage by me that she can do anything she puts her mind to. Ive learned so much from Nancy. Viewers of her public television show, "Sewing With Nancy," have been curious about it for years, so Zieman talks about it in an episode that airs Saturday. She was a great inspiration! Then Ill remember something Nancy said and it all works out. I anxiously look forward to reading both books and hope I win one. Richard Zieman | Wisconsin Public Radio Program Schedule Music Playlists Richard Zieman Author Richard Zieman was the husband of Nancy Zieman, he is the author of the book "Nancy Zieman The Rest of the Story: A Memoir of Faith, Family and Friends." Biographical information last updated on August 31, 2018 - 9:33am Featured In I have enjoyed her retail store and sewing weekends for a better part of my life. Ive read her Seams Unlikely, and wont delete it from my Kindle, so I can go back and read parts, or all, whenever I want to. Through books and shows-I have always felt like I knew her. I was some how introduced to Nancy Zieman many years ago, long before her beautiful color catalog came into being. I do have her book Seams Unlikely. Nancy will forever be missed. How wonderful to have a second book! I truly loved Nancys book Seams Unlikely. I would love to read Nancys the Rest of the Story. I have her Seams Unlikely book and shed a few tears while reading it. I have never read either book about Nancy, but would love to do so. Though I never met her, she helped me become a better sewer and I was saddened to hear of her passing. She listened to every word I said and gave me advice that I could use. I took one of her classes and she was just as charming in person as she was on TV. Kuklinski died on March 5, 2006 at the age of 70, in Trenton, New Jersey, under mysterious circumstances. I so hoped to see her at the Wisconsin Quilt Show in Nancys Notions booth a few years ago. I do miss her. Richard Zieman's passing has been publicly announced by Adams-Green Funeral Home in Herndon, VA. Legacy invites you to offer condolences and share memories of Richard in the Guest Book below.. I just want to send my condolences,, truly sorry. I looked for things I could make and use to make my house seem more like home as well as lively. Would love to read this book also. Thank you Richard for giving us this final inspiration from Nancy of her wonderful giving life. She was an amazing person. I am 76 and never when I have watch did I not learn something. thank you for teaching & sharing. I was so sad to hear that she had cancer. She was that kind of lady. I have learned a great deal over the years from reading Nancys instructional books and watching (and re-watching) the shows. Beautiful and talented woman who shared so much of her creativity with all of us. Thank you Richard for writing the rest of the story I remember watching Nancy in the early days, my kids nearby. What a lovely, loving, caring person Nancy was! Would love to have her book! You are an angel of perfect meekness and gentle love. It carried over into all that she taught and shared! She was the daughter of Ralph and Barbara Luedtke. I feel as though Ive watched Nancy all my life. I also survived extreme health issues as a child. I believe my first copy might have only been several pages. From left to right, Donna Fenske, Gail Brown, Mary Mulari, Pat Hahn, Laurie Gorman, Nancy Zieman, Natalie Sewell, and Eileen Roche. She made all of us feel so welcome. I lost my husband to cancer also and I do know what some of those final days entail. I cant wait to read this new book. Thank you for sharing her life with us! Nancy's Notions retail store in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. She was such a great inspiration and taught me so much. She is an accomplished sewer that wants to advance her craft. She was like a close personal friend with so many people because of her show. But she seldom cancelled appearances or complained about what she endured. From left to right, Ted Zieman, Luella Zieman, Alison Zieman, Richard Zieman, Barbara Luedkte Eckstein, Avery Zieman, Nancy Zieman, Warren Eckstein, Tom Zieman, Katelyn Zieman, and Adeline Zieman. God bless her and her family. Nancy has been a blessing in my life. I recently finished a landscape quilt I started in 2012 after watching an episode of Nancys Sewing. She was the best. She certainly created quite a legacy. I wish you the best. Then she helped me stand up. Her interviews at the end of the show showed what a positive person Nancy was. Her sense of humor really made me smile! With tips from Nancy, I had the courage to make Mens suits and all my 3 daughters clothing. Nancy was close to my age so her life and journey seemed similar in some ways. I want them to know the rest of Nancys story. Thank you, and thanks for the opportunity to win the book. She was such an inspiration for me in my sewing and quilting journey. As many others, I truly miss Nancy. Richard M. Zieman, age 45, passed away in Chicago, IL. Have been out of town so getting to my emails late. Im so sorry I never was able to meet her in person. I loved how she didnt let her disability hold her back from being a public figure. Sewing with Nancy has been a part of my life since 1989, when my mother got me started watching while she was visiting. to them all. I followed her journey since the beginning of her PBS career. I started quilting about 5 years ago and quickly heard about Nancy and her show and Nancys Notions. She is surely missed by millions of people, me included. I am certain she is teaching our Angels how best to make their robes! Would love to read her book and learn more about her story! Some of her early jobs included working for a national sewing chain store in Chicago and as a freelance sewing instructor in Minnesota. The day Nancy first shared she was having health issues was a shock to me. I dont consider myself a seamstress, but I do love sewing, creating, and quilting. I feel sad and also inspired when I think of Nancys illness, death, and amazing life. Her courage and welcoming personality have inspired me and many others. She acted like I was the only one there, never hushed me or said Im sorry I have others to cater to. Nancy gave so much to the quilting world. I still watch reruns of her programs. I recently read Nancys autobiography, and had to go to great lengths to get her book. Over the many years that I watched Sewing With Nancy, I have seen my sewing skill improve with all of the techniques I learned from Nancy. First Lady of Sewing, Nancy, I admire you, and, because of you, I will always be equipped in working out the details of my sewing projects with confidence. Her work to spread charitable sewing is amazing. Like many others, I have read her book Seams Unlikely. I have always enjoyed Nancy and was fortunate to meet her at one of her events. Nancy has been and will continue to have an influence on my life in regards to her contributions to the sewing/quilting field and also her philosophy on life. While this would appear to be a dream situation . What a wonderful person and seamstress. She had a peace and calmness about her. You learn something you might have missed before. She will be missed. I look forward to reading this new book. Her book Seams Unlikely was amazing. I still enjoy watching her shows and learning. From the bottom of my heart you were my inspiration Nancy, thank you. Thank you for giving us all a common thread. And you know, I found out I COULD DO THIS, thanks to her. Im sure theres a sewing room in heaven. Nancy has been part of my life for many, many years from her shows on TV, books, Sewing Weekend in Beaver Dam, Quilt Expo in Madison, and the internet. Her methods are so senseable and easy to understand. May her family and close friends be comforted in the knowledge that Nancy is out of pain and at peace. Thank you for sharing her with us. Nancy was someone that everyone who sewed could look up to She was encouraging and felt that everyone could do it with just a little instruction that she was wiling to give to us. RIP Nancy!!! I think of her often as I quilt and sew. Ill always have found memories of Nancy. ZIEMAN MARGARET ANNE CARTER ZIEMAN (Age 69) Passed away on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at her home in Reston, VA. Beloved wife of Richard C. Zieman; loving mother of Daniel M. Zieman;. Nancy provided much inspiration to keep many sewers and and quilters on the right path to try something new. I have an autoimmune condition which has made sewing large projects difficult, but Nancy always had new, smaller projects, too. I have watched Sewing with Nancy for years and learned so much from this wonderful lady. Nancy Zieman, The Rest of the StoryA Memoir of Faith, Family, and Friends begins with a recap, from Seams Unlikely, and shares Nancys life story from childhood to early adulthoodwhen Ms. Nancy Luedtke meets Mr. Richard Zieman. Ever since Sewing with Nancy was available on my public broadcasting station, I watched and learned from Nancy. Yes, I know I can watch them on the website but for some reason it isnt the same. Ive collected a nice library of sewing books with the vast majority being written by Nancy. I met her one time years ago and she was very friendly. What FUN to be part of the celebration. Even though I never met Nancy personally, I feel like she was my good friend. We had a lot of fun together and she taught me so much. ), I was thrilled and read it immediately. She is missed! I read her book, and want to read Richards also. She is missed. I cant wait to read Richards book. I always enjoyed her ability to make the complex patterns doable. Saturday morning watching Sewing with Nancy is a ritual in my house. Nancy has been an inspiration in my life and inmy sewing. I have loved her ideas and generosity of spirit. However, her shows keep her alive in our hearts. keeping my fingers crossed. I became a better seamstress as did my relatives because of her shows. I have read Seams Unlikely and recommend it to sewing/quilting friends. I cannot imagine losing the love of my life and being able to share your story with the rest of the world. Im 77 and have been sewing since I was 5. I watched Nancy for years, always enjoyed her show and always learned something new from them. When I I read Sewing with Nancy I was deeply moved by all the trials and tribulations that she went through as a young person and as a college student; then more and more health issues that followed. What kind of sewing machine does Nancy Zieman use? Richard Zeman. Loved her book and I miss her terribly. I have watched Sewing with Nancy for years, she was inspirational, even thought I have sewn for about 60 years, I could always learn something new, weather it was an easier way to a certain thing or just something new altogether. I would love to get the book to read the insights from Richard. I watched her shows always she shared so much of herself with others. In this new biography, Nancy Zieman, The Rest of the StoryA Memoir of Faith, Family, and Friends, Richard shares an intimate look into Nancys life and careerfocusing mainly onthefive years since Nancys autobiography, Seams Unlikely, written in 2012. I enjoyed her shows from the beginning. The Sewing With Nancy Program has helped me build confidence as a sewer. I have many of her books and they have been a tremendous blessing. Nancy was my sewing instructor, never having had the opportunity to take sewing classes in school. I just adored Miss Nancy. Nancy was truly a good example of a Christian woman, modest, humble, joyful and always serving others. The sweatshirt series is another of my favorites that I use often. Many of them brought tears to my eyes and heart. Facebook gives people the power. Thank you for everything throughout the years. But Ive enjoyed the episodes Ive watched. Im 62 and have been seeing since about 6 years old, mostly self taught but learned so many great tips from watching her show and buying her instructional books! I watched Nancy almost from the beginning. I have numerous books that she wrote and enjoy them all. She is truly missed! I first saw her programs on PBS back when I was a young mother. What can possibly be said, I miss her very much. i was privileged to attend Pfaff conventions years ago when Nancy was an ambassador for Pfaff. InthebookI share an intimate look into our family life and Nancys career. She helps me be brave to attempt new techniques. I have seldom encountered an individual who possessed so many wonderful qualities, skills, and abilities. I am so grateful for the impact she had on my life and she is deeply missed. Here family was fortunate in that she had such strong faith that helped everyone accept her diagnosis. I was so inspired by the Sewing with Nancy shows and I read her autobiography as soon as it came out. What a joy that was. Nancy is deeply missed, I looked forward to watching her on my TV every Saturday morning, that was my morning with Nancy, when the episode comes to a close I feel heart warmed that she is still here today. But on Wednesday morning, right as school was about to begin, the. Nancy was above all a teacher. Thank you for doing this giveaway. I just learned of nancy,s passing and I am heartbroken. Here is everything we know - note the connections to Detroit, St. Louis and New Jersey, in addition to Southampton. Richard, along with family and friends, share personal stories of the faith, family, and friendships that sustained Nancy. I even used some things for a Sunday School lesson. May God continue to bless her. Nancy Zieman the Rest of the Story - A Memoir of Faith Family and Friends A NEW! I had the privilege of meeting Nancy a few times and also shopping at her warehouse. I cried my way through Seams Unlikely. Nancy has taught me so much, and when I need to find a technique to help in my sewing/quilting, I know I can count on finding it in one of Nancys shows. She was so wonderful at what she did so creative and such a lady and great example to all of us who wanted to sew and quilt like she did. I will miss her for the rest of my life. Her faithfulness in teaching Sunday School for decades and her faithfulness to the needs of her family are a catalyst to those seeking a fulfilling life. 1. I so miss her but we have all those wonderful shows to watch to help keep her with us! I never missed her show. Our sons and daughters, and some of our grandchildren have learned how to sew from Nancy. I loved her easy way of teaching,clear and simply explained.I will miss her. Thank you Nancy for all you have shown us. Reading her autobiography was a look into the challenges in her life and how she faced and overcame them in a kind and loving way.