In 1968, they won the very first GRAMMY Award for Gospel Album by a Group for The Happy Gospel of the Happy Goodmans. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Dottie Rambo, a singer and prolific songwriter who was one of the most successful women to write songs in gospel music, died early Sunday when her tour bus ran off a highway near Mount Vernon, Mo. Cancer Goodman launched his solo career in 1975 when Canaan Records founder Marvin Norcross approached him to record his first solo album. At 6 year old he took an interest in piano. Access to SGHistory.com may be temporarily blocked if multiple pages are loaded in less than ten seconds. We got a lot more energy out of it., When Tanya, Michael and Johnny performed at Minicks church that fateful Sunday morning they had no idea God was about to send them on an exciting new adventure---one that would both revive cherished memories and challenge them to write a new chapter in an already distinguished musical dynasty. Not too long after it was reported that her death announcement was a mistake and she was in fact alive. When the Goodmans heard Johnny play they approached him the same night about becoming their pianist. Look for Me Tanya Goodman Sykes. Tanya is featured in dozens of volumes in the award-winning Gaither Gospel Series of DVDs, CDs and television programs, exposing her to audiences around the world. Johnny's parents enrolled him in piano lessons where he began to study to be a classical pianist. This Is Just What Heaven Means To Me (feat. Ministry blossomed in both music and preaching during Johnny's teenage years. AS: To this day, Gospel Music fans still perk up when they hear the name Goodman. While visiting an aunt in Memphis, he sat down at her piano and within an hour could play a few basic chords. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. The Happy Goodmans achieved significant popularity in the 1960s.External links. We got together over at Johnny's house, and he has the entire discography of the Goodman family, Goodman Sykes recalls with a smile. The Happy Goodman Family is a Southern gospel group that was founded in the 1940s by Howard "Happy" Goodman and performed together for several decades. It freaked me out, but it was probably one of the most fun things we did on the album., Working together the threesome brought out the best in each other and in the songs. The group took on a variety of configurations through the years ending up as a male quartet. Johnny Minick (born July 8, 1955) is an American gospel singer, songwriter, arranger, recording artist, record producer, and pastor. Buy the full length DVD/CD 'Homecoming Picnic' here: http://smarturl.it/HomecomingPi Show more Gaither Music TV -. They were also the first in the Southeastern U.S. to aquire LED lighting for their studio productions. In 1968, they won the first Grammy Award to be awarded for a gospel album by a gospel group. Most of her career has been as a soloist. Tanya Goodman Sykes, her husband, acclaimed producer Michael Sykes, and friend Johnny Minick, a gospel music veteran who performed for years with the Goodmans, once again propel the family name into the spotlight with the release of their debut album and DVD Songs in the Key of Happy (Gaither Music Group). The trio revives such Goodman classics as I Wouldnt Take Nothing for My Journey Now, Until Youve Known the Love of God and Who Am I, breathing fresh life into songs that have defined the genre for decades. But this time for real. Tanya Arundel Goodman. Later, her family relocated to Jacksonville, FL. Read Full Biography. View the profiles of people named Tanya Goodman. ; Fairest Of Ten Thousand.1986 Promises (Word Nashville/7-01-000633-4): Promises; Ageless Dancer; The Darkness Is Under His Feet; Worthy; Let Them Go; Lift Him Up; Fan Mail; Love Never Fails; Love Everybody In The World; Quiet Place.1986 A Childs Gift Of Lullabies1989 The Rock-A-Bye Collection: Rock-A-Bye (Mallory's Song); Teeter Totter; Waltzing Down Lullaby Lane; Lullaby And Goodnight; May All Your Dreams Come True; Dreamland Concerto (Grammy Award Best Album For Children).1995 Nightlight Unplugged (Spring Hill Records/): Brahms By Nightlight; Little Bunnykins; Cradle Of Love; Nappytime; Appalachian Lullabye; Clippy Clop; Sleepytown; Sunshine And Rain; Sleepytime Serenade; Baby Dreams; Baby Of Mine/Brahm's Lullabye/Serenade Medley.1996 Daybreak (Spring Hill Records/): Morning Has Broken; I Think It's Mornin'; Mockingbird Hill/Listen To The Mockingbird; You're The Only You There Is; Ever Little Bitty Millimeter Of You; Socks On First; Sunshine Angel; Dare To Dream; Don't Be Blue; Handshakes And Smiles; That Child Of Mine. (a bedroom community of Nashville). This lineup became firmly cemented in Gospel Music History as, The Happy Goodman Family.. Now an award-winning songwriter and vocalist in her own rite, Tanya has in no way rested on the accolades of those who came before her. 1983 More Than A Dream (Canaan Records/CAS-9910): Things I Believe In; Love Shines; He Works For Me; Turn Around; Who Am I; Singin' For You; I May Fly Away Tonight; You're The Singer; This World Is Not My Home.1985 Seeker (Canaan Records/CAS-9923): The Heart Of The Seeker; Time To Start Building Again; Cornerstone (Let Love Be Your Foundation); We've Got A Secret? We finished it up in about an hour or so. The Goodmans had a long list of hit songs. The weekly TV exposure allowed The Happy Goodman Family to take the nation by storm. All rights reserved. In 1983, River Of Life was founded as an Assembly Of God Church. In 1993, Howard and Vestal were joined on vocals by former Happy Goodman band member Johnny Minick. In 1990, news that Rusty had been diagnosed with cancer prompted the family to record a project together called "The Reunion". Tanya Goodman Sykes. music video | 909K views, 1.7K likes, 998 loves, 294 comments, 3.5K shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Gaither Music: Before The Sun Goes Down - Gaither, Tanya Goodman Sykes Purchase Glorious Church. We were sitting around talking, the way preachers usually do, about sermons and things like that and started to write this song. The guitar was the first instrument he used to express his musical talent. 2021 JOHNNY MINICK MINISTRIES by TRADE WIND PUBLISHING. Rusty Goodman/Age at death. Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. That was not our intention anyway. 1968 was filled with deliberation and wonder as Johnny pursued the idea of filling the pulpit. After 10 years with Jubilee, they launched their own successful TV show The Happy Goodman Family Hour and became a household name. Although they initially planned to tour in support of the project, Rusty's health deteriorated rapidly. She is a featured performer with the Gaither Homecoming Tour. Learn how and when to remove this template message, SGHistory.com page on Rusty Goodman Biography, History, Awards and Discography, ASCAP Data Base list of Charles F Goodman Songs, ASCAP Listing of artists who recorded the song "Who Am I", GMA Hall of Fame Year of 1993, lists Charles "Rusty" Goodman, GMA Dove Awards - listed under Rusty Goodman, SGMA Hall of Fame page about Rusty Goodman, Resource Publications, "The Christian Music Directories" formerly "The Recording Locator", Happy Goodmans History and Discography with Art Work, Amazon listing about "Rusty Goodman - To The Homeland", Amazon listing on "Rusty Goodman - To Be Honest With You", New Haven Records Official Info on "Rusty Goodman - The Essential Collection", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rusty_Goodman&oldid=1084304200, 1971 Singing News Fan Awards - Favorite Male Singer, 1972 Singing News Fan Awards - Favorite Male Singer, 1972 Singing News Fan Awards - Favorite Baritone Singer, 1980 GMA Dove Award Rusty Goodman - You Make It Rain For Me (Cover Photo or Cover Art), Rusty Goodman Album Cover Credits and Liner notes, This page was last edited on 23 April 2022, at 18:35. The exposure he received from being a part of The Goodmans endeared his talent and ministry to many of the Goodman fans. All rights reserved. It was just really organic the way it happened. I thought about David and Goliath. Tanya Goodman Sykes. It was the first Grammy awarded for a gospel album by a gospel group. Their group, The Majestic Sound, became known for their unique style of gospel and Johnny's intricate arrangements. Tanya Goodman Sykes - Official Video for "Look for Me (Live)", available now! Charlotte Ritchie & Rebecca Bowman] 12 years ago. And so they did. Facebook. She is the daughter of Rusty Goodman and wife of producer Michael Sykes. That proved to be a fruitful time for Johnny and his family as they led hundreds of vacationing tourists to a relationship with Jesus Christ. The mid 90's brought quite a surprise when Johnny reunited with Howard & Vestal Goodman to revive the Happy Goodman brand. Her smooth alto voice also lends itself beautifully to the childrens albums she has written and recorded, including the Grammy-winning Rock-a-bye Collection and widely acclaimed, A Childs Gift of Lullabies. Composers: Tanya Goodman Sykes - Michael Sykes. Many of the songs they introduced to gospel music are now considered classics. Who are the members of Tanya Goodman family? This is a wild situation. As a songwriter, Tanya and her husband, Michael Sykes, penned #1 gospel hits The King of Who I Am (recorded by Lulu Roman, Russ Taff and others) and Prayer Warrior (recorded by Heirloom) among the couples many musical accomplishments. The idea came to me, instead of settling for less, we need to settle the score. She discussed how sometimes believers settle for a little less than what they could hold out for, he explains. Songs such as "I Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now", "Who Am I? Tanya Goodman Sykes, her husband, acclaimed producer Michael Sykes, and friend Johnny Minick, a gospel music veteran who performed for years with the Goodmans, once again propel the family name into the spotlight with the release of their debut album and DVD Songs in the Key of Happy (Gaither Music Group). The Goodmans also had a short-lived program called Down Home with The Happy Goodman Family. Taking all she learned from her talented family, she continues the family legacy with a calling all her own. Johnny began his musical journey at the age of 3. Until the late 1950s there were various combinations of all eight brothers and sisters, always including Howard, and after 1949 his wife Vestal. He did the bass singing part on the original North to Alaska, which was recorded by Johnny Horton. Tanya Denise Goodman, affectionately known as Tonya, was born in Carmichael, California to the late Jeannette Poole Goodman, Hezekiah Goodman and Charles Nicholson Sr. She was the oldest of five children. We sang it on Sunday morning and the clip of it ended up on YouTube. Howard Goodman (eldest of eight children) had been traveling as an evangelist and gradually began to form his seven siblings into a gospel singing group. This program soon became one of the most popular gospel music programs and would run for over twenty years. He loved to sing in church while accompanying himself on the guitar. Charlotte Ritchie & Rebecca Bowman) [Live] Gaither & Tanya Goodman Sykes. It was apparent, early on, that music would play an important role in Johnny's life. His songs have been covered by many of the top artists in the music industry including Elvis Presley, The Imperials, J. D. Sumner & The Stamps Quartet, The Speers, The Happy Goodman Family, Michael English and Gaither Vocal Band. His talent with the keyboard was so obvious that his aunt gave him her piano. Ranker list the Happy Goodmans as the 3rd all-time Best Southern Gospel Bands/Artists. Before long Bobby joined the group again playing bass guitar. Goodman agreed and recorded The Singer. While it seemed that music would be the priority in Johnny's future, something else had captured his heart. Every road I traveled down. See Photos. As daughter of the late Rusty Goodman and niece to Howard and Queen of Gospel Music Vestal Goodman, Tanya grew up in an environment where creating great songs and communicating the Gospel through music was a way of life. Every Sunday Johnny would preach and sing from the broadcast center at River Of Life to a growing audience of thousands watching over the internet and satellite television. I probably sang some things that I might not have wanted to sing if I had been doing what I wanted to do, but he just pulls things out you wouldn't normally do. In 1962 Rusty left the Plainsmen and moved to Madisonville as well. Whn I bow before You . Daughter of the late Rusty Goodman andniece to Howard and Vestal Goodman, Tanya grew up in an environment where watching The Happy Goodman Family create great songs and communicate the Gospel through music was part of everyday life. As a vocalist, he recorded with the trio Ponder, Sykes and Wright and released his first solo album in 2013. Not only a versatile soloist, Tanya was a founding member of a Dove-Award-winning female quartet, Heirloom, which recorded and performed together during the late 1980s and early 1990s. The church grew quickly under Johnny's leadership and brought in Johnny's cousins, Bob & Tony Minick to partner with him in ministry. In 1972, a regional gospel music promoter booked Johnny and his group to open for The Happy Goodman Family. Tent Revival Homecoming (Live) 03:49 Composers: Traditional . Tanya E. Goodman, 60, of Concord, passed away Friday, December 20, 2019 at home, surrounded by her loving family and close friends. Rusty, Sam, and Tanya wanted to take the group in a more contemporary direction. Now, Tanya Roberts representative Mike Pingel says that she is still very much alive. I want them to know they are not alone. He found out by a phone call while in an interview about Tanya's passing. It had that old, Goodman three-quarter time feel to it. This album features the last song Rusty wrote, Standing in the Presence of the King, a fitting end to his songwriting career. Once again the family was itenerating from church to church and gaining national attention with a song written by Johnny entitled, "How Long." After itenerating for several years Johnny felt the call to plant a church in the Little Rock area. Over Tanya : Grammy-winning songstress, Tanya Goodman-Sykes, was born into gospel music royalty.As daughter of the late Rusty Goodman and niece to Howard and "Queen of Gospel Music . Spring House Music heard the recording and leased the project to be distributed through the Gaither Music Network and in October 2014 a companion video was produced at the Gaither Studios in Alexandria, IN. Tanya Goodman Sykes: Staying busy! He was inducted into the Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame in 1993 and then inducted into the Southern Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame in 1997. One of their greatest joys is spending time with their son, Aaron, his wife, Julie, and their 4grandchildren, Hayden, Preston,Londin and Brooklyn. O Happy Day is an early telling of the Happy Goodman Family in stories recalled by Howard. Facebook gives people the power to. The Goodmans were remembered year after year when it came time to nominate for awards. Unbeknownst to us, it started getting a lot of attention. Rusty, Sam, and Tanya carried on with Johnny Cook returning at tenor. Bobby drove a truck and played in a rock and roll band. In 1991, Johnny accepted an opportunity from country music legend, Willie Nelson, to come to Branson, MO every Sunday to conduct a worship service in his newly aquired Theater. ; Lord Of All, Be Lord Of Me; Help Me Love My Brother? Sam's humorous emcee work, Howard's showmanship at the piano, Rusty's songwriting, and Vestal's hairdos, white handkerchiefs, and powerful singing voice all rose to a new prominence. Going Home Bill Gaither & Tanya Goodman Sykes. Dottie Rambo/Vek pri mrt We had a lot of fun. At the same time, River Of Life continued growing and enjoying their new worship facility at their Sam Ridley Parkway location. The group recorded 15 number-one singles and played over 3,500 shows. In 1964, they were asked to become one of the flagship groups for a new Southern Gospel program called The Gospel Singing Jubilee along with The Florida Boys, Dixie Echoes, and The Couriers Quartet. Goodman performed with The Plainsmen Quartet but he is better known with his family group, The Happy Goodman Family, where he sang along with his brothers Howard, Sam, Bobby and his sister-in-law Vestal Goodman. REVIEW: Goodman Revival - Still Happy. Howard, Vestal, and Sam did some singing in the area. With heavy hearts, we announce the death of Tonya Goodman (Jacksonville, Florida), born in Carmichael, California, who passed away on October 17, 2019 at the age of 50. After their wedding the invitation to join the Happy Goodman Family began to tug gently on Johnny's heart. The Goodmans also won the same award in 1978 (only then called Best Gospel Performance, Traditional) for Refreshing. ", "God Walks the Dark Hills", "Had It Not Been", "What a Beautiful Day", and many others will forever be part of gospel music and synonymous with the Happy Goodman Family. The phone started ringing and people were wanting to book us. I want them to know they are not alone. Who Am I Tanya Goodman Sykes. Tanya Goodman-Sykes is listed in the credits for the following albums: Tanya Goodman-Sykes has been a member of: Grammy-winning songstress, Tanya Goodman-Sykes, was born into gospel music royalty. His relationship with Howard, Vestal, Rusty & Sam continued until their deaths. Despite their meager lifestyle as children there was no shortage of joy and laughter, no matter the circumstance. A door that would impact the rest of his life and ministry. Vestal wrote her autobiography titled "Vestal! Daughter of the late Rusty Goodman and niece to Howard and Vestal Goodman, Tanya grew up in an environment where watching The Happy Goodman Family create great songs and communicate the Gospel through music was part of everyday life.. Now an award-winning songwriter and vocalist in her own right, Tanya has in . Howard and Vestal's Final Stand with Johnny Minick, https://web.archive.org/web/20101006063310/http://www.rpinet.com/cmd.html, Happy Goodmans History and Discography with Art Work, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Happy_Goodman_Family&oldid=1136240340, Articles with dead external links from January 2018, Articles with permanently dead external links, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, Howard, Vestal, Rusty, Sam, Bobby, Tanya, Johnny Cook, Howard, Vestal, Rusty, Sam, Bobby, Tanya, Johnny Cook, Michael English, Eddie Crook 19711975, 19781982 (pianist), Aaron Wilburn 19721974 (rhythm guitar, soloist), Steve "Rabbit" Easter 19771979, 19811982 (steel guitar, banjo, dobro), Bobby Goodman 19651971 (bass guitar, soloist), James Gordon Freeze 19801982 (bass guitar), Happy Goodman Family Album Cover Credits and Liner notes, Resource Publications, "The Christian Music Directories" formerly "The Recording Locator" -, This page was last edited on 29 January 2023, at 11:41. Thank you for understanding. Tanya was born July 3, 1959 in Salisbury to the late Brownie Goodman and Shelby Lemly Goodman. He joined in 1975. Tanya was born July 3, 1959 in Salisbury to the late Brownie Goodman and Shelby Lemly Goodman. The North Carolina native had begun his career as a piano player. We just wanted to pay honor to the music that really has become the fabric of our lives. Their last project was appropriately titled "The Final Stand (2001)". There is friendship. In addition to her father, Tanya was also preceded in death by a sister, Connie Goodman Treece. Rusty Goodman died of cancer on November 11, 1990. She was 74 and lived in Nashville. He was a prolific composer whose many songs included "Standing in the Presence of the King", "Leavin' On My Mind", "Home", "John the Revelator", "Touch the Hand of the Lord", "Had it Not Been" "I Believe He's Coming Back" "Look for Me" and "Who Am I?" One of the greatest things about Michael's ability is that he makes you want to do things. There is trust between the three of us, Goodman Sykes shares. Johnny and his family launched an evangelistic ministry incorporating their music and pulpit ministry. Bill Gaither, Tanya Goodman Sykes - Official Video for 'Going Home [Live]', available now!Buy the full length DVD/CD 'Atlanta Homecoming' Here: http://smartu. Grammy-winning songstress, Tanya Goodman-Sykes, was born into gospel music royalty. How many cast members of Sanford and son are still alive? That's a neat place to be.. At 6 year old he took an interest in piano. Eventually the Goodman sisters (Gussie Mae, Stella, Eloise, and Helen Ruth) left the group to get married. The first service was small (about 8 people) but the little church family grew quickly and began to impact their community. Goodman Sykes, a GRAMMY winner, has long been known as one of southern gospel's most compelling female vocalists. His talent with the keyboard was so obvious that his aunt gave him her piano. There was a groundswell of interest for us to do something to revisit this music that we grew up with that was so much a part of our heritage. I love Jesus, my family and making music! Tanya is featured in dozens of volumes in the award-winning Gaither Gospel Series, exposing her to television audiences around the world. Jeannette Poole Goodman The process was familiar to Johnny, having been a church planter in Little Rock. There was an excitement as the trio began imagining how they could put their own creative stamp on songs that held such precious memories for each of them. Michael English joined them a couple of years later singing lead. He had met Tanya when he was playing for the Goodmans, and the couple married in 1983. producer Michael Sykes It is preceded by O Happy Day, a biography written by Jamie Buckingham (1973). In recording Songs in the Key of Happy, the members of Goodman Revival honor that legacy and inspiration. In 1988, the evangelistic call sounded again for Johnny & Sherry. Lord I Wouldn't Take Nothin' for My Journey Now"(1999) and released a number of solo projects before her death in 2003, including two "Vestal and Friends" CDs featuring duets with a diverse array of vocalists, including George Jones, Sandi Patty, Dolly Parton, Andra Crouch, Wynonna Judd, Bill and Gloria Gaither, Newsboys and the love of her life, Howard Goodman. Unrivaled Mac notes apps for fuss-free note-taking, 6 Actionable Tips for Improving Your Websites SEO, Copyright 2023 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes. Taking all she learned from her talented family, she continues the family legacy with a calling all her own as a songwriter, solo artist and founding member of Dove-Award-winning trio, Heirloom. (P) (C) 2012 Spring House Music Group. Still now her years of experience harmonizing with other talented artists makes her a valuable asset in group and studio settings. He had been involved in music ministry now for several years, but, it was the pulpit that captured his attention. View version history Edit this wiki Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. How old was Dottie Rambo when she passed away? I have been blessed to continue singing and enjoying time with family. She has developed an exercise regime that is tailored to her own needs, and that helps her to stay in shape and maintain her fitness levels. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. She is a featured performer with the Gaither Homecoming Tour. Cynthia Clawson & Lauren Talley Alvey) [Live]" and more. In February of 2014 they went into the studio and recorded their debut project, "Songs In The Key Of Happy." Tanya Goodman Sykes, Gale Mayes & Joy Gardner) [Live]", "Nothing But The Blood . That worked to our advantage on this. Michael and I moved to Texas a few years ago; and when we moved back in 2012, we actually stayed with Johnny and his wife, Sherry, for three weeks while we were looking for a place. I was sitting around talking to a friend of mine Tim Hill, who has been a very successful songwriter in gospel music and a preacher. The group traces its roots back to the 1940s when Howard Goodman and his sisters founded the fledgling ensemble. I am looking for the day. You are the King of who I am. In 1987, he joined host Bill Traylor and Kelly Nelon Thompson as the co-host of the series until his death. Copyright 1999 2023 Dave Maurer And made the light to shine out of darkness. Producing Heirlooms album won Michael the first of many GMA DOVE Awards as a producer. We all need Gods grace and mercies, which are new every morning Without Him, its all meaningless., Web: Rusty and Sam would occasionally play guitars as well. She is the daughter of Rusty Goodman and wife of producer Michael Sykes. 74years (19342008) It was during these years that they developed their now classic "grab a note and hang on" endings. Goodman performed with The Plainsmen Quartet but he is better known with his family group, The Happy Goodman Family, where he sang along with his brothers Howard, Sam, Bobby and his sister-in-law Vestal Goodman. In 1994, the congregation purchased 21 acres on Sam Ridley Parkway and made plans to build a home campus. @tanyagoodmansykes. I love you Michael Sykes . Feel free to contribute! The new century was full of opportunity giving JMM a global presence. Tanya Goodman Sykes net worth is $13 Million. Tanya Goodman. Look for Me Tanya Goodman Sykes. Follow Artist +. Then, early on Tuesday, after this bizarre series of events, it was again reported that Roberts had passed away. Goodman passed away on Thursday, October 17, 2019. My sweet mama died peacefully in her sleep this morning. In 1992, Johnny felt the leading of the Holy Spirit to plant a church in the little town of Smyrna, TN. It was later re-released on Canaan/Word Records in 1965. Without Him, it's all meaningless.. Gussie Mae's daughter LaBreeska Rogers Hemphill traveled with them off and on during this period. Previously cities included La Vergne TN and San Antonio TX. With another year of high school and no real inclinations to leave home, Johnny put the offer on the back burner and continued his education along with pursuing his calling to the ministry. Tanya E. Goodman, 60, of Concord, passed away Friday, December 20, 2019 at home, surrounded by her loving family and close friends. Along with regional television and radio, gospel and country music promoters were booking Johnny and the group to open for headliners. As a result, early on, friends and neighbors dubbed them the happy Goodman family. The result is a finely crafted effort that is both a loving homage to the musical legacy that inspired each of them and a powerful look at a promising new trios future. There is a wealth of shared experience. They instilled in Johnny a love for God and an appreciation and love for music. The Goodmans popularity grew; and in 1964, they became featured performers on The Gospel Singing Jubilee, a groundbreaking television show that would run for more than two decades. Somebody would say, Well, I really like that one! We'd add that one to the list. 66years (July 8, 1955) In February of 2014 they went into the studio and recorded their debut project, "Songs In The Key Of Happy." Spring House Music heard the recording and leased the project to be distributed through the Gaither Music Network and in . Profile. Tanya Sykes reflects on God's faithfulness before Goodman Revival performs "The Longer I Serve Him"BILL'S SONGS OF HOPE PLAYLIST:http://bit.ly/2Qrlgjq Follow. We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Unavailable. From 1995 through 2002, Johnny traveled 3 days a week singing to 1.3 million people per year attending their concerts from coast to coast and in Europe.