Customize your lens shape, tint and material. This one is a little bit more nebulous, as who knows what the future holds. Log in Cart. To shop the original fit, head to Jacques Marie Mage Dealan. Inspired by JMM's best-seller, the Dealan, thislarger versionwill work great for those in need of a medium to large frame. Now back to the pertinent problem at hand: Finding the right pair from the right brand. What to look for in a Cutler & Gross design? The Dealan 53 is a bold frame with an accentuated rim, made with thick Japanese acetate and custom-made hardware. Case in point: the Dealan, a discrete cat-eye frame named after Bob Dylan, produced in batches of 350. Sunglasses are a way to buy into a labels vision and aesthetic without breaking the bank. << back to Jacques Marie Mage Sunglasses Collection, We work with the finest lens manufacturers to produce any, Lenses in all lens materials (polycarbonate, trivex, high index), Anti-reflective Coatings (Crizal, Hoya EX3). Precious Metal Hardware, "Throughout the mid-1960's, Bob Dylan toured the world with a sole companion: one pair of iconic, black, cat-eyed spectacles. This might not be a pro for everyone, but for me, I like having something substantial, it feels like youre getting what you paid for, and these frames (particularly something large like the Enzo) have some weight to them. I was on a zoom call the other day wearing my Irwin opticals and the other person said they were the coolest frames he had seen, which was a great way to start a call! TheJacques Marie MageDealan 53 pays homage to this unique relationship between a man and his eyewear, incorporating bold volumes and sharp lines that evoke the musicians devil-may-care charisma. Crafted with the highest level of manufacturing prowess and tested with the lowest tolerance standards possible, Jacques Marie Mage products are designed to last a lifetime. High Index 1.67 is great for patients with a medium to medium high prescription. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); ALL MATERIALS 2013 - 2023 HE SPOKE STYLE, LLC. Visualize how some key styles look on your face. I learned that the right frames can subtlyor, lets face it, boldlydefine or transform a look. And with this boom in fashion eyewear, the marketand range and rate of production of optionshas grown. The Shoe Surgeon and Glenmorangie Teamed up on a Single Malt-Inspired Sneaker, Randolph Engineering x Todd Snyder Sportsman 23K Gold Sunglasses, Floyd Mayweather Jr. Polycarbonate is the most common material used for patients. There are a couple of frames that theyve become famous for over the past few years, the Dealan (colloquially named after Bob Dylan designed to look like a cat-eye frame he wore on tour back in the 60s) being a prime example. This lens has no shatter or scratch resistance. Jacques Marie Mage - Dealan (Vanta) $750 Frame Color: Vanta Sold Out E-MAIL ME WHEN AVAILABLE Model: Dealan (JMMDE-5V) Limited Production Batch of 500 Pieces Gender: Unisex Frame Size (mm): Frame Materials: 10mm Polished Black w/ Cured Cellulose Acetate Frame, Custom Double Laminated Acetate Temples Ft. Gender: Unisex. We chose these recommendations for you based on similar traits as the above frames. Free shipping and easy returns on frames within 7 days; excludes sale product and lens orders. Some license their own line through mega conglomerates like Luxottica (Ray-Ban, Prada, Chanel, Versace), Kering Eyewear (Saint Laurent, Balenciaga), and Safilo (Boss, Marc Jacobs), while others collaborate with independent sunglasses manufacturers, working hand in hand with them to deliver unique products each season. There are independent companies that produce micro batches aimed at niche markets, often with a level of artisanship thats rare in todays oversaturated world. For example, my Irving glasses have painted red tips at the end of the bayonets to mimic the rear taillights of a 1959 Coupe de Ville. My pick? If numbers are helpful for you, I havent seen many frames from Jacques Marie Mage with an eye size smaller than 50mm. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Jacques Marie Mage is celebrated for its sleek, bold frames that are beloved by musicians. Founded in 1917, the brand is also the inventor of the flexible stem system. The 15 Best Sunglasses Brands for Men, From Ray-Ban to Jacques Marie Mage, Robb Recommends: This Recycled Nylon Rain Jacket Looks Great on Clear Days, Too, The 10 Best Pieces of Snorkeling Gear to Dive Like a Pro, Oprah Winfrey Is Investing in Dr. Barbara Sturms Science-Backed Skincare Brand, Lab-Made Diamonds Made up Over a Third of Engagement Rings Bought Last Year, Whisky Kick? We do not sell used, worn or damaged frames.We stand by our frames and if you are unhappy with your frames we are happy to provide a full refund within the 15 day return and exchange window. Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusive offers, product releases and invites to VIP events. 3113 Commodore Plz. And a sleek silhouette, as is the case with the Irezumi-inspired CR02, which has an understated charm. I would say Just Human are a great example of high-end optics for someone looking to be under $400, but if you can spring for Jacques Marie Mage, the differences are worth the additional cost. Put these on, and dont look back. If you already own a pair of glasses, look at the inside temple for your existing measurements. The best sunglasses brands take all this into account, while also honing in on an aesthetic or design that helps them stand out in a crowded field. It also has the knack for integrating fashions most relevant connoisseurs of Americana into its evolving design language. To say the major licensing players dominate the market would be an understatement. They focus on bold designs, small-batch production methods, and top-of-the-line materials. One of the unique features of Jacques Marie Mage frames though is the individual numbering and once-run nature of their releases. The Fellini is another example, named for the incredibly influential Italian filmmaker, and sporting a wide stance with a strong rectangular frame that somehow is also subtle at the same time. But after reviewing the wonderfully diverse and selection to choose from, I still had two questions: 1. You could be paying over $1,000 for these frames, and then there are some of the special project seriously limited edition frames that can go for over $2,500! Buying shades online can prove a bit difficult. Uniqueness. In this ancient process dating back hundreds of years, each motif is cast in rough form, then polished by hand, and antiqued one piece at a time. In New Orleanian culture, a krewe is a band that comes together to parade during Mardi Gras. Continue shopping. 2. Jacques Marie Mage is the Los Angeles-based creator of cult-favorite, limited-edition eyewear collections that combines world-class craftsmanship with an exuberance of attitude. (And no its not Warby Parker.) At the end of the process each frame is individually numbered and passes a 20 point measurement test. Hi there! Anti-reflective coating is included. SPECTACLE BEFORE ITS ARRIVAL AT THE LOS ANGELES FACILITY, RESULTING IN AN UNSURPASSED QUALITY- CONTROL PROCESS. << back to Jacques Marie Mage Sunglasses Collection. redefines eyewear production methods in subtle ways, allowing for the full development of sculptural design without the obstruction of fit or comfort, enabling form and function to thrive in holistic balance. Each component of Jacques Marie Mage eyewear is carefully considered throughout every phase of its creation, from conception to completion, in order to offer . Ahlem Manai-Platt came to Los Angeles by way of Paris, and her taste-driven eyewear, inspired by Bauhaus principles, beautifully fuses the energy of both cities. The LA-brainchild of Jerome Mage (as noted above, pronounced Mah-je), a French designer who founded the brand in Los Angeles in 2014. Founded in Austria in 1956, referencing the open-road auto race of the same name, Carrera has long been an icon of the independent eyewear market. However, given the scarcity piece of the equation, and the growing brand awareness and burgeoning collecting scene, there is a better than good chance youll be able to sell your frames in the future at close to what you paid for them, and in some rare cases, even more. Lets start with how sunglasses connect to the fashion industry; how they are largely an extension of a luxury labels identity. Each component of Jacques Marie Mage eyewear is carefully considered throughout every phase of its creation, from conception to completion, in order to offer products that are rare, exquisitely crafted, often risqu, and always relevant. Model: Dealan (JMMDE-7X) Limited Production Batch of 350 Pieces Gender: Unisex Frame Size (mm): Lens Width Bridge Temple 50 20 142 Frame Materials: 10mm Block, Olive Cured Cellulose Acetate Frame, Custom Double Laminated Acetate Temples Ft. And Garrett Leights pieces evoke a relaxed vibe reflective of Venice Beach. Visit us at our Miami location. I would say that Jacques Marie Mage have won me over fully, and each time I see a new pair of frames from another designer Im immediately comparing them to either a pair I have from them already or a pair that Ive had my eye on. The small but mighty brand is celebrated for its dedication to fine craftsmanship, precious materials (think 18-karat gold frames and other precious metals), and limited-edition collections. When Illesteva launched in 2010, the Soho-based line quickly took the Big Appleand soon Miami and Los Angelesby storm. The DEALAN pays homage to this unique relationship between a man and his eyewear, incorporating bold volumes and sharp lines that evoke the musicians devil-may-care charisma. My recommendation would be to establish a good relationship with a retailer and theyll be able to pull some strings or let you know about forthcoming releases. Is UV-protection a priority? Want it quicker? Frame Materials:10mm Block,OliveCured Cellulose Acetate Frame, Custom Double Laminated Acetate Temples Ft. Get 10% off when you subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to know about new arrivals, sales, and special events. The Jacques Marie Mage Dealan 53 is a wider build of the Dealan. The Jacques Marie Mage Dealan pays homage to this unique relationship. Orders over $300 ship for free via DHL Express. In that tier, youll find mostly designer glasses, which I tend to think are overpriced because of the brand name and usually lower quality. Identify the features you want to build the perfect pair of frames with custom lenses. Some of the wider frames also work great for wide facesI heard from a friend that the Walker were the only glasses he had ever worn that truly fit his basketball head. 4. Check out this list of the best sunglasses brands, one or more of which will absolutely strike your fancy. Essilor Luxottica is estimated to have at least 20-percent of the global market for optics and sunglasses, and some estimates have the number as high as 45-percent.