She was a friend of mine and I betrayed her trust. I was there with him and down through the years there were several more that I had done or had a part of. Massey was born in January 7, 1973, in Ellis County, Texas. According to his own account, he killed a man in self-defence in a fight in July 1991. Jason has been found in 30 states including Illinois, Oklahoma, Ohio, Texas, Arkansas. Another witness testified that while on a walk in the woods, he came across a cooler containing animal skulls and numerous journals labeled "the thoughts of Jason Massey." Episode 13: Missy, Stephanie, and Jason Eric Massey. For a time, he considered enlisting a killing partner, but decided that he'd probably just go it alone. Find your friends on Facebook. Two small caliber bullets were later removed from his brain and the cause of death was determined to be multiple gunshot wounds to the head. PUBLIC ACCESS: Trial transcripts are supposedly public documents. Minisode 1: Jason Eric Massey. Massey's execution was the 1st of 2 scheduled for this month. A State psychiatrist, Dr. Kenneth Dekleva, described his June 1991 examination of Massey. 10-12-94 He wanted to physically eat some girl's brain and heart, and drink her blood. Background Massey was born in January 7, 1973 in Ellis County, Texas. He had Massey committed to a psychiatric hospital. 01-07-73 He was arrested, and for the next 36 hours, he claimed, "The detectives literally beat a confession out of me. A subsequent investigation revealed that Massey's cousin owned a .22 caliber pistol that he stored at his grandmother's house before leaving on a trip. He was pronounced dead at 6:20 p.m. CDT, 8 minutes after the drug flow began. Massey turned to his parents and a grandmother watching from another window nearby and also apologized to them, saying, "All of this pain has brought us closer together and all of this suffering that we have been through has brought us closer to the Lord and in the end that is what counts." Method ofMurder ", Crime Killing his three children in a house fire, Last statement "The only statement I want to make is that I am an innocent man - convicted of a crime I did not commit. Execution Report: Jason Massey. When the authorities began searching for the victim's missing body parts they discovered the body of a young boy, identified as Brian King. I have always been sorry. "I can't imagine what I've taken from you," he said looking at relatives of Christina Benjamin, 13, and her stepbrother, James King, 14. Sometimes you don't know what to say; I hope these words give you comfort. It should come as no surprise that Jason would develop a love/hate relationship with women. I gotta go, road dog. You all have been there for me; it's a miracle. Certain people appear to crave absolute control--evident in Massey's journals and this need often derives from a chaotic childhood. Her torso was deeply cut and her internal organs exposed. He then talked about how "God has used this to change my life" and proclaimed Jesus as Lord. Give me my rights. All I can do is ask the Lord for forgiveness. He looked forward to really "losing his virginity" as a killer. The Texas Court of Criminal Appeals affirmed his conviction. I may be gone in the flesh, but I am always with you in spirit. "My goal is 700 people in 20 years," read one entry. James Brian King, 14, had been shot in the head, and his 13-year-old stepsister Christina Benjamin had been stripped, raped, disemboweled and dismembered. James King, whose son and stepdaughter were killed by Massey, said he was glad authorities nabbed Massey when they did and that would-be serial killer didn't have the chance to act more on his fantasies. During that time, the date of execution was phoned to the prison while they were in the courthouse building. March 27, 2000 - The district court denied the motion. Looking outside, he saw his 14-year old son, Brian, approach the car on foot and talk to the people in the car. WebAt his execution, Massey confessed to his crime and apologized to the victims family: I do not know any of yall and that is unfortunate, because I would like to apologize to each and every one of you individually. I want you to know I did do it, he continued, Im sorry for what I have done. His heroes had done so, too. Massey becomes the 6th condemned inmate to be put to death this year in Texas and the 245th overall since the state resumed capital punishment on Dec. 7, 1982. In July 1993, James King was awakened early one morning by the sound of a car pulling up to his house, honking its horn twice, and driving away. "But by far, his favorite targets were 11- to 13-year-old girls. These should have been grounds for a new trial, but instead was thrown out on the grounds that the trial record was inaccurate and that records were incomplete. Massey described his very violent and sadistic fantasies and expressed a desire to read about criminal and police procedures to eliminate the possibility of getting caught for his intended crimes. I appreciate y'all being here and being strong for me, and Mama, you know I love you, and I appreciate all these visits, the letters and everything y'all have done for me. When the car passed by again, he looked out his window and observed a tan car turn off its headlights and park in front of his house. His last words, on June 22 2000, ended with: "Keep marching, black people. They collected certain forensic evidence from the truck linking Massey to the killings. Investigators discovered a long list of potential victims and his diaries were filled with fantasies of rape, torture, and cannibalism of female victims. Let my son know I love him. Griffith also testified that while anti-personality disorder can abate with some individuals over time and with age, it would not in a case as severe as Massey's. It is one of the few episodes rated TV-MA.[11]. A former friend testified that Massey had spoken many times about killing dogs, cats, and cows, and remarked that Massey had a fascination with setting fires. Next, he expressed love to individual members of his family and apologized to them "for all of the pain that I have caused." Victim(s)(Race/Sex/Age at Murder) Thus he is not Ellis County sheriff's Lt. Royce Gothard said the girl's naked body was in the brush beside a gravel road. Is this just some aberrant individual or might there be others like him in the making? "I would have gotten better," he once warned. King woke his common-law wife, Donna Benjamin, and although worried, they decided to wait to see if they would return home. He had previously been taken from hospitals where he had been receiving treatment to testify at trials. Officials impounded Massey's 1982 Subaru. He added, "I know you guys want to know where the rest of her remains are. The real question is, how did he get this way? They are murdering me tonight.". WebYes, this is it. He also stated he saw MORE THAN 1 OTHER PERSON in the car as they got in. Massey v. State, 933 SW2d 141 (Tex. He continued to kill dogs and was soon he was back on drugs. King woke his common-law wife, Donna Benjamin, and although worried, they decided to wait to see if they would return home. I am ready". Final Words: That was a crucial moment of decision. Dekleva testified that the most alarming thing from Massey's journal entries was the apparent shift from fantasy to more deliberate planning, including the purchasing of weapons. He was obsessed with bringing girls under his control and having their dead bodies in his possession. "I think he did it because it was pleasurable to him." Bill Cox begins Born Bad with a quote from Jason Massey's journals that appropriately shows the workings of his mind: "My life: It's been about chasing girls, finding the one to rape and kill. The body parts never have been found. King got out of bed and went to the front door. His heroes had done so, too. The jury took just three hours to convict Massey after hearing testimony from a former friend of Massey, 18-year-old Chris Nowlin, who told the court that Massey had said he wanted to have sex with Benjamin, then kill her and mutilate her. When Massey and Nowlin left Christina's house, Massey told Nowlin in sexually explicit language what he wanted to do to Christina, including killing her and cutting her up. Texas Attorney General I give you my word. Hairs found in the car and on the bandanna recovered from the crime scene matched hairs found at the crime scene. EXPERT WITNESSES: The Prosecutions Evidence Technician was a man with a record of mental illness, alcohol and drug abuse. Also inside the cooler were the heads of 31 dogs and cats, said Strange, noting that Massey kept statistics on how many people he would have to kill each month to reach 1,000. Everyone would remember him, people would write about him, he'd be in criminology textbooks, and be offered as an example of real dangerousness. Massey was pronounced dead at 6:20 p.m. Texas Execution Information Center by David Carson. JUDGE: Appeared bored and disinterested throughout the proceedings. Jason Eric Massey, 28, was executed by lethal injection on 3 April in Huntsville, Texas for the murder of two teenagers. Yet as Fromm says, the only way to change from the destructive pole to the loving pole was to change one's foundational values. ignore customs seizure letter. After a search of Massey's car, the console, steering wheel, step to the car, and spots in the passenger seat tested positive for blood, as did a knife in the glove box and items in the trunk, including duct tape, tissue paper, electrical tape, a wrench, a screwdriver, a denim shirt, the head of a hammer, and a jacket. On file we have 134 email addresses and 141 phone numbers associated with Jason in area codes such as 847, 309, 224, 440, 217, and 62 other area codes. The funding is unavailable. Jason Wilson Eric. It is the worst mistake that I ever made in my whole life. Nowlin said that Massey told him he planned to sexually abuse Christina, mutilate her with a knife, and kill her, but that he didn't pay much attention to this, because Massey "talked about killing girls all the time." On July 29, 1993, law enforcement authorities found two bodies in a field near Telico, in Ellis County. I love you all. Massey gave out plenty of signals, but those signals were largely ignored or dismissed, and because of that, two children died. WebJason Eric Massey was just twenty-eight years old. Thereafter, the Court of Criminal Appeals adopted the trial court's findings of fact and conclusions of law and ordered that Massey's request for state habeas relief be denied.) Massey's ninth-grade teacher and a former seventh-grade classmate testified to Massey's extremely disturbing behavior, both stating that his comments often centered around killing. EXECUTED: Jason Eric Massey. "I'm sorry that I am here. Those witnesses whom the state would use were Massey, in a lengthy final statement, addressed relatives of his murder victims and his own relatives in seeking forgiveness for the double murders. He was obsessed with bringing girls under his control and having their dead bodies in his possession. Rape, sexual molestation and murder of a five-year-old. WebHe quoted Kaltenbrunners final words: I have loved my German people and my fatherland with a warm heart. Massey becomes the 23rd condemned inmate to be put to death this year in the USA and the 706th overall since America resumed executions on January 17, 1977. Massey also wrote that he anticipated that he would become a "murder machine." When he returned, both Brian and the car were gone. [9] His last meal consisted of three fried chicken quarters, fried squash, fried egg plant, mashed potatoes, snap peas, boiled cabbage, three bits of corn on the cob with spinach, broccoli and butter, and one pint of ice cream, served with a pitcher of sweet tea. I don't know what to say. He thought it was just a robbery. ProDeathPenalty.Com He was a god. From there you call me a cold-blooded murderer. I'd tell them to give them all the gift that they would not give me [ ] and that's to give them all a second chance. Jason Massey's car. ", "I've changed, and people do change," Massey told the Ennis Daily News last month from death row. At this point, King went to the restroom. "I'm not going to struggle physically against any restraints. Harden Clark- He had two episodes. "A Mexican's life is worth nothing. WebJason Eric Massey Executed April 3 2001 Age 28 Age at time of offence 20 Crime Murder of two children, aged 13 and 14 Last statement "Yes, first I would like to speak to the April 3 - TEXAS - Convicted murderer Jason Massey apologized profusely, revealed where he disposed the missing body parts of one of his victims and then prayerfully went to his death today for the murders of 2 siblings almost 8 years ago. His master was Satan, who had called out to him in the woods, and Massey believed that once he began, he would be unable to stop. [3], On July 27, 1993, Massey murdered two teenagers: 14-year-old James Brian King and his 13-year-old stepsister, Christina Benjamin, in his hometown. October 6, 1994 - A jury found Massey "guilty" of the capital offense. My truth will always be my truth. In July 1993, James King was awakened early one morning by the sound of a car pulling up to his house, honking its horn twice, and driving away. I put her remains in the Trinity River." WITNESSES: The prosecution called as a witness 1 of the men previously arrested for the crime. Jason Massey's case can teach us why we must pay attention to anyone's obsession with harm to others.