Visit Author Central to update your books, profile picture, and biography. If you're not looking for any of that, don't bother reading this. Prior to Gwinnett Church, Jeff served as the Lead Pastor of Buckhead Church, North Point's first multi-site location, for seven years. Before I made the decision to leave the church, my counselor reminded me, Your calling goes with you. He served a number of congregations before planting OakLeaf Christian Fellowship (now Maranatha Church of Jacksonville) with his wife and four kids in 2003.Jeff serves on a number of international ministry boards, including Frontier Alliance International, Cornerstone International, the Malachi Network, and Dugit Messianic Center. Faith Driven Movements brings together leaders from around the world that seek to make a financial, social, environmental and spiritual impact through their business ventures. I love how this book empowers readers to not let the overwhelming nature of fear about the future keep them from the immediacy of obedience today. It happened yesterday. 00:00. Jeff Henderson believes in the power of words. Jul 20, 2021. I think over the last 23 years I've made three big transitions, leaving Chick-fil-A marketing to join Buckhead Church in the early days and leaving Buckhead to launch a couple of Gwinnett Church locations and then this latest one. He also longs to see the Body of Christ in America revived, awakened, and readied to expend itself for the completion of the Great Commission. Providing sensible if predictable strategies for coping with the risk of leaving ones job, the author advises readers to have a financial cushion in case the opportunity doesnt work out and to maintain good relationships with ones coworkers so that one can return to ones former employer if needed. By visiting the site you agree to comply with the Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Code of Conduct. In the last two years, millions of people have been feeling exactly that. But dont forget, when you burn a bridge the person who is most often burned is you. Under no circumstances will Faith Driven Movements (or their respective trustees, directors, officers, employees, or agents) be liable for the accuracy, quality or reliability of any of the presentations or Materials, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of presenters, or any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising from any presentations or Materials. For seventeen years, he has led three of North Point Ministries' multisite locations in Atlanta, Georgia--Buckhead Church and two Gwinnett Church locations. Jeff Henderson is an entrepreneur, speaker, pastor, and business leader. As an entrepreneur, speaker, pastor and business lead Jeff Henderson Thats a new, seasonal calling but its built on a lifetime of one. Helpful. Joy and sorrow are great descriptions of this season of change for me. Hosts and Guests may maintain positions in the companies and securities discussed. There may be some instances where comments will need to be edited or removed, such as: If you have any questions on the commenting policy, please let us know at heretoserve@globalleadership.org. A founding pastor sets achurch's vision, and their influence and role is usually underestimated, he said. But the transition period will likely be emotional and challenging after losing a much loved and much watched founding pastor,said Warren Bird, a research director of Leadership Network, in an email. The daughter of a, Novelist Cox (Mouthquake) examines his break with his Jehovahs Witness upbringing in these elegant essays. Jeff and his wife Wendy have been married 23 years. Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date. He just knew he needed to make a move. Marketing consultant and former pastor Henderson (Know What Youre For) presents a ho-hum guide to plotting career changes. His bestselling book, Know What You're FOR, launched a movement in nonprofits around the world and has become a focal point for many businesses. But Jeff Henderson helps make it easier. Jeff Henderson shares powerful principles for shrinking the risk of your next career move. . I wish I'd had this book when I was making my last big professional transition! Hope Kids Preschool Coordinator. He recently released his first book, Know What You're FOR: A Growth Strategy for Work, An Even Better Strategy for Life. Regular pricing is $229 to attend at a local host site venue or online, and$289to attend our Studio Audience Experience. Jeff Henderson is a pastor and businessman who talks about the thumbprints of God that mark our lives, . Its helpful not to get the two confused. William H. Henderson attended Houghton College before transferring to the Randolph Coleman School where he received a full diploma in . Most importantly, I'm Wendy's husband, Jesse's Dad and Cole's too. That's why Jeff Henderson's book is coming at the perfect time. Jeff Henderson: It's interesting. We can think about that when the time comes, right? Its why I think its helpful to understand two important distinctions about a calling. He is also a former felon, having served nearly a decade in prison for cocaine. Prior to serving as a pastor, Jeff worked in marketing with the Atlanta Braves, Callaway Gardens, Lake Lanier Islands Resorts, and Chick-fil-A, Inc., where he led the company's sports and beverage marketing efforts. Even though my wife Wendy and I feel certain this decision is the right one, we will still miss the community we helped start there. Jeff Henderson is an American chef, bestselling author and popular public speaker. Through this mixture of emotions, I asked my transition coach if this was unusual. Rich Birch Yes, yes. Early and personal life. Are you an author? That's the question at the heart of today's podcast featuring Jeff Henderson, a pastor out of Atlanta and author of a book titled: Know What You're FOR: . Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser. Take the high road even when others dont take it with you. Some callings are for a lifetime. Its why I gathered our Gwinnett Church leadership team a few days after I made my announcement and walked them through the work projects for my final six weeks. But the truth is leaving well is something that takes time. Named by Forbes Magazine as one of 20 speakers you shouldnt miss, Jeff has become a trusted voice for businesses and non-profit organizations. Echo Group Location 15 Washington St, Conway, New Hampshire, 03818, United States Description Industry Business Services General Business Services Discover more about Echo Group For seventeen years, he has led three of North Point Ministries' multisite locations in Atlanta, GeorgiaBuckhead Church and two Gwinnett Church locations. He continues to serve Maranatha Church of Jacksonville as Founding Pastor. Prior to working as a pastor, Jeff started his career in marketing with the Atlanta Braves, Callaway Gardens, Lake Lanier Islands, and Chick-fil-A, Inc., where he led the company's regional and beverage marketing strategies. Know What You're FOR: A Growth Strategy for Work, An Even Better Strategy for Life, 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Eventually, every calling at a specific church comes to an end. If all of our invitations to take a step of faith made sense and were easy, I doubt we would ever be super dependent on God. Over the course of the next six weeks, I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to finish well by setting up Gwinnett Church, where I currently served, for their next chapter. Mark Overlien. We welcome and encourage comments on this site. Although, few know she could be a stand up comedian or run a karaoke club for Christians. Jeff has a deep passion for reaching the lostnear and farwherever and whenever. Prior to serving as a pastor, Jeff worked in marketing with the Atlanta Braves, Callaway Gardens, Lanier Islands and Chick-fil-A, Inc where he led the companys regional and sports marketing strategies. Its far deeper and more challenging than that. Skip to content. Pastor of Hope Church Boulder . "Ourgoal is to find the best pastor, leader and communicator during the next season for Cross Point," the statement said. View profile. Jeff was recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of twenty speakers you shouldn't miss. Echo Group is part of the Business Services industry, and located in New Hampshire, United States. If that sounds a bit depressing, it shouldnt be. Prior to serving as a pastor, Jeff spent 15 years in marketing at Chick-fil-A, Inc., the Atlanta Braves, Callaway Gardens and Lake Lanier Island Resorts. These godly leaders will support Cross Point's leadership, staff and community through this season as we look ahead, because we are believing Pastor Pete's words, 'Our best days are ahead,'" the. She can fix any sink in your house. Wendy Henderson is commonly known for being a pastor's wife to Jeff Henderson of Gwinnett Church and mother to the teen heartbreakers Jesse and Cole Henderson. Whether you're contemplating a life change or just seeking validation for the direction you've taken, take a deep breath and read Jeff's book. If you want to change your career and circumstances but aren't sure how, this practical guide from business leader Jeff Henderson will help you reevaluate your purpose and determine your next best step. Pri. Preach a three-part, vision-casting series called The Road Ahead. In many ways, my departure from Gwinnett Church was doubly hard because I love the people, the team and the mission. according to a statement from church staff, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. It came to me at precisely the moment I needed it. Im called to a lifetime of following Jesus. And it was crazy. About. Jeff Henderson is an entrepreneur, speaker, pastor and business leader. Four million people a month over the last several months have left their jobs. Jeff Henderson is an entrepreneur, speaker, pastor, and business leader. Its often a complicated decision because of the calling we felt when we first got into ministry. In this thought-provoking and practical read, you'll gain the confidence to identify your next stepseven if your next steps don't feel so obvious right now. Faith Driven Entrepreneur is an educational website hosted by Faith Driven Movements (501c6) and FDM Foundation (501c3) nonprofit corporations whose mission is to inspire, educate, and mobilize people to use their time, talents and other resources in the marketplace. He also helped launch North Point Online, which now reaches over 200,000 people. He has witnessed firsthand the capacity for language to dictate vision and for vision to transform the cultures of companies and organizations worldwide. Shelley Giglio, cofounder of Passion Conferences and Passion City ChurchWhat you are about to read is a powerful reminder that what's next is worth it. While there, Jeff was the lead pastor for three churches over 17 years and helped launch North Point Online, one of the largest online ministries in the world. Jeff Henderson is an entrepreneur, speaker, pastor and business leader. Cross Point Church pastor Pete Wilson resigns after 14 years. Monday, November 18, 2019; 12:00 PM 1:30 PM 12:00 13:30; The MEC at Nebraska Christian College 12550 South 114th Street Papillion, NE, 68046 United States; . Jeff Henderson is an entrepreneur, speaker, pastor, and business leader. Follow to get new release updates, special offers (including promotional offers) and improved recommendations. Jeff Henderson has a unique way of capturing things crisply and openly and letting us into his worlda world full of wisdom and heart, honesty and insights. Jeff has worked for well-known organizations such as the Atlanta Braves, Callaway Gardens, Chick-fil-A and North Point Ministries, one of the largest churches in America. Why? Choose Expedited Shipping at checkout for delivery by, Learn how to enable JavaScript on your browser, Take the Career Risk Calculator and discover if you're ready for change, Plan for changeboth the changes you want and the changes you can't see coming, Cultivate "optimal options" in your life that will guide you to better decision-making when the time comes, Identify what to do and what not to do when making decisions about what's next, Exchange fear, confusion, and hopelessness for confidence, freedom, and purpose. I mailed them my last day. In fact, the most important task you have as a leader is finishing well. As the founder of the FOR Company, Jeff's aim is to help organizations build a good name where purpose and profit grow together. Rich Birch Right. Prior to Gwinnett Church, Jeff served as the Lead Pastor of Buckhead Church, North Point's first multi-site location for seven years. The systems youve built carry on without you. This is episode 403 of Teaching Learning Leading K12, an audio podcast. I'm grateful he shared my story as an example of how to find your calling and follow it. Earlier this summer, I announced I was stepping down to start my own company. Jeffs ministry today focuses on the health and well-being of missionaries and pioneers worldwide. All gifts are secure and tax-deductible. As a non-profit ministry we are generously supported by the donations of a few leaders to advance the movement. For more help with this, check out my new book, What to do Next available here: Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. We honor the organization and the people weve served by finishing strong. 113 views, 3 likes, 3 loves, 2 comments, 2 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Grace Baptist Church WV: Watch our service online! The website is intended to be an opportunity to exchange ideas for educational purposes. There is no one I trust and respect more than Jeff. Emotions can run very high during a season of transition. They also encouraged members to join in an upcoming community outreach event. In Thursday's statement, church staff reminded the congregation that it's OK to not be OK, but encouraged its members to pray for Wilson,fellow church members and staff. Valorie Burton, CEO of the Coaching and Positive Psychology InstituteAs a fellow restless traveler who took a career leap of faith in my fifties, I found comfort in Jeff Henderson's journey. Youre closer to your final day now than when you started reading this. Today, the church says it serves almost 7,500 people every Sunday and has six locations throughout the Nashville area, including in Bellevue, Dickson, Franklin and Mt. Juliet. Jeff Henderson And if you don't like the part-time job there, you're certainly not going to like the role of being a full-time operator where your whole likelihood depends on this. "Itsin these seasons that we have the most opportunity to be a place where everyones welcome, nobodys perfect andanythings possible.". For seventeen years, he has led three of North Point Ministries' multisite locations in Atlanta, GeorgiaBuckhead Church and two Gwinnett Church . For the past 15 years, he has helped lead three of North Point Ministries' multi-site locations in Atlanta, GeorgiaBuckhead Church and two Gwinnett Church locations. This insightful book outlines the process he used to determine the next best step for him and how you, too, can pursue more meaning and purpose in your life and work. Church staff remains optimistic about the future of Cross Point. The organization is built around a mission not a person. It will be in a different context but it will look the same.. Lead Pastor of Hope Henderson. For the past 15 years, he has helped lead two of North Point Ministries multi-site locations in Atlanta, GA: Buckhead Church and Gwinnett Church. . The mission isnt distracted by controversy. Pastor Jeff Henderson, of Gwinnett Church in Georgia will speak this coming Sunday. Jeff Henderson believes in the power of words. At Buckhead Church, not only is it a church, it's a video church. His wisdom and honesty, which are on display in What to Do Next, guide you not only to the next right decision, but also give permission to hope and grieve and trust and try. About Us. Now, I know for many of you, this doesnt seem like an urgent matter. Both will follow us, good or bad, into our next season. Global Leadership Network is a Non-profit 501(c)3 Organization. Heres the list: I wanted the team to know I was going to honor them and the mission by finishing well. Since 2003, he has helped lead three of North Point Ministries churches in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Hear him share just why every entrepreneur needs to know what theyre for. Michael Hyatt, New York Times bestselling authorIf you're trying to figure out what to do next, Jeff Henderson thoughtfully guides you to make meaningful decisions in the midst of uncertainty. I was called to a season of pastoring at Gwinnett Church. Jeff was recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of twenty speakers you shouldn't miss. Jeff was recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of 20 speakers you shouldn't miss. You aren't leaving it behind. Christy Wright, #1 national bestselling author and speakerJeff Henderson is one of the most trusted voices in my life. Sangram Vajre, cofounder of Terminus and Wall Street Journal bestselling author of MOVEAuthentic. For Canadian tax deductions, please give through FAI. His best-selling book, Know What Youre FOR, launched a movement in non-profits around the world and has become a focal point for many businesses. His personality and leadership will be sorely missed, Bird said. His career experience not only inspires groups and individuals but also provides tangible strategies to help them grow. Administrative Assistant. It was just a small way of saying thank you one final time, and one additional way to honor them individually. (Nothing against golf!) Company Profile; Careers; Imprints; Column. Gerald Fadayomi, author and lead pastor, Home Church RoswellWe all face pivotal moments that change everything and leave us feeling scared, stuck, and, most of all, wondering what to do next. Jeff Henderson is an entrepreneur, speaker, pastor, and business leader. He also helped launch North Point Online, which now reaches over 200,000 people. 9 talking about this. Marketing consultant and former pastor Henderson (, Journalist Schiess (The Liturgy of Politics) presents an erudite history of both Americas proper application and deep misuse of scripture during pivotal events, from the, Writing instructor Kempton (Wabi Sabi) outlines in this wise guide a creative practice inspired by Buddhist philosophy. I think they can help you as well. Working with companies like Chick-fil-A and the Atlanta Braves, then serving as a pastor for 15 years at one of the country's largest and most influential churches, North Point, Jeff knows what success looks like for healthy organizations and healthy lives. Additionally, I think it says something about our character and our emotional health if we choose not to finish strong. Jeff Henderson has been working at Echo Group for 2 years. "We have received prayers and offers of help from pastors and ministry leaders all across the country. Javascript is not enabled in your browser. It's one of the reasons I'm excited about Jeff Henderson's book. Zondervan, $26.99 (240p) ISBN 978--310-36607-2 Marketing consultant and former pastor Henderson ( Know What You're For ) presents a ho-hum guide to plotting career changes. All contributions are tax-deductible through the Malachi Network. Maranatha! Jeff Henderson shares why hes grateful to have God as his shield and how time in prayer is reminding him of how to focus on what matters. So to maintain integrity, I can only recommend What to Do Next to the person who wants to leave well, gain radical self-awareness, deepen wisdom, and feel incredibly confident in the direction they choose to go next. In a departure from advice that centers on painful, Ive always been caught between worlds struggling to find a firm place to land, writes Jun of negotiating a biracial identity in this stirring debut. Sign up for the very best of the podcast, the blog, resources, and upcoming events once a month. Jeff Henderson has experienced it. Navigating what's next in lifewhether in your career, personal life, or relationshipsoften brings a level of uncertainty and anxiety and presents more questions than answers. They have a daughter, Jesse, who is a junior at Samford University and a son, Cole, who is a senior at North Gwinnett High School. It will happen tomorrow. For example, I want to encourage business leaders and to be a pastor to pastors. The search team will include church elders, board members, staff, attendees and pastors and ministry leaders who have offered to help the church. Manuscript Submissions Lead Pastor | Gwinnett Church. It will be in a different context but it will look the same." In these 2 short years, I have seen her words come to life over and over again. Who really knows whats going on inside of you? But dont forget, when you burn a bridge the person who is most often burned is you. Stephanie Stuckey, CEO, Stuckey'sIn an era when millions of people are facing a seemingly infinite set of career options and rethinking their futures, Jeff Henderson arrives with a thoughtful, highly practical, and generous book. Jeff Henderson. We welcome and encourage comments on this site. Senior Pastor at OakLeaf Christian Fellowship. Copyright 2023 by HarperCollins Christian Publishing. While it may be tempting to coast and go play golf every day after you announce your departure, I think that is a bad strategy. What to Do Next will be one of those timeless classics you keep as reference for the next time you wonder, Is it time to take a leap? It doesnt start when you put in your two-week notice. Reggie Joiner, founder and CEO of Orange. Column. An emotionally healthy person can hold joy and sorrow at the same time, he said. He just knew he needed to make a move. (Aug.), The Great Resignation has resulted in millions of people wondering what's next for them. But dont forget. He was recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of twenty speakers you shouldn't miss. He spent 21 years in marketing, working most recently for Chick-fil-A, before beginning his roles with North Point Ministries. Further, Faith Driven Movements does not endorse or recommend any presenter, promoter, investment advisor, strategy, company or any views mentioned at any conference or in the Materials. Henderson was stabbed in the chest when he was 16 over a gang-related dispute. In these 2 short years, I have seen her words come to life over and over again. Sharing personal stories and best practices he's learned along the way, he eloquently and practically guides you through the minefield of knowing what's next by helping you: The next chapter of your life starts today, with one simple step. . As the founder of the FOR Company, Jeff's aim is to help organizations build a good name where purpose and profit grow together. One of the best gratitude principles Ive ever heard is from Andy Stanley: Unexpressed gratitude communicates ingratitude.. All ticket sales are per-person in USD for registration to attend The Global Leadership Summit on August 3-4, 2023, within the U.S. 00:00. 20. Jeff Henderson - Know What You're FOR: A Growth Strategy for Work, An Even Better Strategy for Life. If that sounds like Im overstating it a bit, consider what happens when a leader finishes well: Knowing this, its ironic that the task of finishing well isnt talked about enough in leadership circles. well, he didn't know. Jeff Henderson You should go down to your local Chick-fil-A and apply for a part-time job. Prior to working as a pastor, Jeff started his career in marketing with the Atlanta Braves, Callaway Gardens, Lake Lanier Islands, and Chick-fil-A, Inc., where he led the company's regional and beverage marketing strategies. Change is hard. Some callings last a lifetime. Youre getting closer to packing up the office, saying goodbye, changing your email address and starting over. He also helped launch North Point Online which now reaches over 200,000 people. Joey Martinek . He said he was leading on empty, broken and tired,and it was in the church's best interest if he stepped aside. Faith Driven Movements is not responsible for the opinions, advice, statements, materials, presentations, data, images, videos, documentation and other information (collectively, the Materials) expressed or otherwise shared by guest contributors (including without limitation podcast guests, conference speakers, guest writers, participating companies and investment professionals). Jeff is also an entrepreneur, speaker and business leader. The author probes the controlling dynamics of the Watch Tower Society, What to Do Next: Taking Your Best Step When Life Is Uncertain, The Ballot and the Bible: How Scripture Has Been Used and Abused in American Politics and Where We Go from Here, The Way of the Fearless Writer: Mindful Wisdom for a Flourishing Writing Life, Tell Me the Dream Again: Reflections on Family, Ethnicity, & the Sacred Work of Belonging, I Felt the End Before It Came: Memoirs of a Queer Ex-Jehovahs Witness.