She was the representative of Oklahoma state, and her song Wonderland won the award for Best Original Song.. Impressed with the North Carolina natives tunesmith abilities, Aldean cut several of Morgans songs including the current single, Trouble with a Heartbreak and the Grammy-nominated ACM Single of the Year and #1 smash, If I Didnt I Love You with Carrie Underwood. Ive never really envisioned myself leaving there, which is why when I quit playing bluegrass there, for two years, I didnt do anything, I was focused on my job at the time. Like, I dont really care what anybody thinks because to an extent, thats kind of my mentality, he explained before adding, Im not like trying to be braggy about it. She is the daughter of George Morgan, widow of Keith Whitley, and ex-wife of Jon Randall and Sammy Kershaw, all of whom are also country music singers. [13] At the global APRA Awards in March 2020, Evans won Outstanding International Achievement Award. It was really a song that I needed for me as an artist. | Hotels Morgan then bought out the others and reformed the law firm under the name of Morgan & Morgan. The Country Music Awards of Australia (CMAA) (also known as the Golden Guitar Awards) is an annual awards night held in January during the Tamworth Country Music Festival, celebrating recording excellence in the Australian country music industry. In 2019, he won the ARIA Award for Best Country Album for his second studio album, Things That We Drink To. Bio Education Details and More Physical Stats and More Social Media Presence Some Facts About John Morgan Loretta Lynn "Lorrie" Morgan (born on June 27, 1959 in Nashville, Tennessee) is an American country music singer. On Wikipedia, it's revealed that John had several marriages before he tied the knot with Connie in 2015. Somebody had that title, If I Didnt Love You. Lydia Vaughan is an amazing new writer to town. Morgan grew up surrounded by bluegrass music and began songwriting with inspiration from six-string legends like Tony Rice and John Mayer. John Morgan was one of the people who supported Hillary Clinton during her presidential campaign. "Love Is Real" (Parker Nohe, Jordan Reynolds), This page was last edited on 24 April 2023, at 16:57. For us, were obviously always trying to make our show better. It suggests the couple were married sometime in the month of September. Its so fun being out here with people who also really love what they do and take it seriously. Chloe Fredericks (North Dakota) - 'Cant Make You Love Me', 21. Its funny, because its almost like the old traditional sound is new and fresh again. Subscribe to our Weekly Round-Uphere A series of events involving an Uber driver and a writing session with two of Aldean's bandmates resulted in him writing eight songs for the superstar, including 'If I Didnt Love You,' a smash hit featuring Carrie Underwood. Birth Name: Chad Morgan Occupation: Country Singer Born In: Atlanta, Georgia, USA Birthdate: February 11, 1933 Age: 90 years old (as of 2023) Ethnicity: White Nationality: American Sexuality: Straight Chad Morgan was born on the 11th of February, 1933. He produced a lot of Dierks Bentleys early records, which are some of my favorites. Its very different than, you know, a lot of different circumstances in town. Every night he brings the same energy. He founded his own PA law firm called Morgan and Morgan with his wife in 1988. My hobby was playing bluegrass festivals every weekend with my family. Loretta Lynn Morgan (born June 27, 1959) [1] [2] is an American country music singer and actress. Last year, Morgan got to try out the new song and also further develop a bond with Aldean while serving as support on his Rock N Roll Cowboy Tour. [22] On 3 November 2022, it was revealed that Ballerini and Evans had reached a settlement agreement, finalizing their divorce. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'biographyhost_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_3',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-biographyhost_com-medrectangle-3-0'); Morgan was born in a town called Sylva in Jackson County, North Carolina. }); He is originally from Sylva, North Carolina. And after signing to BBR Music Group via Jason Aldeans Night Train Records imprint, hes got strong ideas about where its going. No one will ever figure out the exact formula for that, but I think happenstance and luck has a little bit to do with it. Independent'. He has charted the singles "Rednecker" and "One Beer" and was featured on "Some Things Never Change". It was another one of those times where we got in a room, and it happened to work out and we got a really good song out of it. BBR Music Group/BMG today announced the signing of singer-songwriter John Morgan to Night Train Records. Our mission is to create an online community where industry professionals and fans alike can access resources to help them find the newest emerging talent. Melodies and chord progressions are probably my strong suit. As the week progressed, we had another song that was put on hold for a duet and that was a slot they were trying to fill for the record. Melody, guitar stuffthats my roots. I sang background and sang harmony stuff. He founded his own PA law firm called Morgan and Morgan with his wife in 1988. If an idea stems, a lot of times its me having a title and sitting down, playing guitar, and coming up with a melody that fits what Im trying to capture with that idea. January 15, 2022. Morgan's debut track, 'Coldest Beer in Town,' was released in 2021 while he toured the nation with Aldean during his 'Back in the Saddle' tour. 1s Trouble With A Heartbreak and the GRAMMY and CMA-nominated, If I Didnt Love You, featuring Carrie Underwood. In 2019, he won the ARIA Award for Best Country Album for his second studio album, Things That We Drink To. If you do not know, we have prepared this article about details of John Morgans short biography-wiki, career, professional life, personal life, todays net worth, age, height, weight, and more facts. Todays spotlight is shining on an artist that is the full package. Growing up in the Appalachian Mountains, John began playing guitar at the age of eight before hitting the festival circuit in a family Bluegrass band for 10 years. Theyve had success on all ends of the industry. They cut it and the rest is history. All of the elements came together for this song., While Morgan is attracted to and loves to write more sentimental songs, Friends Like That showcases a side of his artistry that fans get to see and hear for the first time. He was partner of another law firm well into the 90s named Morgan, Colling & Gilbert. His height is 1.66 m tall, and his weight is 88 kg. The CMC Awards are awarded annually by Country Music Channel Australia. More than a year after selling everything he had to follow his dream, an only-in-Nashville story involving Uber drivers and impressive demos led to a writing session with Kurt Allison and Tully Kennedytwo incredible songwriters and longtime bandmates of Country superstar Jason Aldean. To keep up with John Morgan, follow him on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. BC: Now you have your own album coming out. Its inspiring. From 1974 to 1982, he attended the University of Florida (1974-1978) and the University of Florida Fredric G. Levin School of Law (1978-1982), where he attained his Juris Doctor. John Morgan - BBR Music Group John Morgan With a style that's defined by melodic grit and a craftsman's approach to songwriting, John Morgan brings a blue-collar toughness to Country that's pulled straight from the only life he knows. Its just one of those kinds of songs that, you know, we joke about how its just tailgating, beer-drinking song, he told Country Now. Nevada singer created music for 'Mortal Kombat', American Song Contest': Fans say South Carolina's Jesse LeProtti was lost among backup dancers. Current Single Friends Like That(*as of date of article: 12/5/2022). Morgan: Thats a got a pretty funny story. In his official 'American Song Contest' biography, Morgan describes his music style as bringing "a blue-collar toughness to a country thats pulled straight from the only life he knows. [15][16] Evans later shared on his Instagram that the song had been written only three weeks earlier and the show performance was only the second time he had played the song. Quick Facts: Full Name - John Morgan Birthdate - 08/08/1995 Hometown - Sylva, North Carolina Current City - Nashville, Tennessee Musical Influences - Keith Whitley, Ronnie Milsap, John Mayer Current Single - "Friends Like That" (*as of date of article: 12/5/2022) The Beginning: Today's spotlight is shining on an artist that is the full package. Youre trying to do it yourself. Hailing from a tiny town called Sylva, deep in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, John Morgan knows exactly where Country music comes from. ga('ads.send', { Our dedicated Editorial team verifies each of the articles published on the Biographyhost. In the show, he represented his native state, North Carolina, with his original song, Right in the Middle.. He had donated around $6 million for the campaign. Jerry Holthouse In the same clip, the singer/songwriter went on to tease that there is even more new music in store for 2023. The first time I heard about John Morgan was a 2am phone call with Aldean that lasted over 30 minutes as he told me why he wanted to sign him. Morgan tapped into his North Carolina roots when co-writing the track. I grew up singing harmonies and playing traditional cover bluegrass songs. They had reached out to Carries team and her scheduled lined up perfectly to be able to do the song. When they started tracking it, Jason was like, I think this would be cooler if I just cut this myself. It wasnt a true duet song; it was more of a background thing for somebody. [11] In August, Evans released his third EP titled, Morgan Evans EP. The sought-after songwriter has released a trio of Sad Boy Country songs including Coldest Beer in Town, Right In The Middle, and Good With Goodbye. Having just wrapped Aldeans 2022 Rock N Roll Cowboy Tour, John made his first pivot from heartbreak into party starter territory, dropping the anthemic Friends Like That and unapologetic Sorry Not Sorry, as he readies his Grand Ole Opry debut for Friday, May 19 and even more new music later this year. }); The videos, comments and messages I've received from you all since have been overwhelming. The country singer Morgan has been married to his beautiful wife, Hailey Rae Morgan. His quest for the legalization of medical marijuana in Florida is no secret. Get to know the rising star here, Full Name John Morgan John Morgan was a student at the University of Florida. The embers began glowing again, and Morgan started making the trek to Nashville to break into the business. John Morgan, who wrote songs for country superstar Jason Aldean, lives in Nashville, Tennessee, but was born in Sylva, North Carolina. Working toward the artistic side of his career, Morgan toured the nation with Aldean on the Back in the Saddle tour and represented the Tar Heel state on NBCs American Song Contest. You can also stream your favorite artists' songs on your preferred music streaming app. My question is, can he still practice law ? We go on at 7:30. His family is also philanthropic. Look up the tour schedule and come out and see us. eventAction: 'render' 2023 BBR Music Group. Ultima Morgan and Matt Morgan are also lawyers. Joining American Song Contest is North Carolinas representative John Morgan. One writing session led to another and eventually Aldean cutting eight songs written by John for his new album, MACON, GEORGIA, (including his current single Trouble with a Heartbreak). I had a friend who is actually now my drummer. Gigs seen live by. Birthdate 08/08/1995 All Rights Reserved. I had been told before they got started that I had two songs that were on hold by him, and they were probably going to end up getting cut. But I ended up agreeing to it, and thank God, I did. Hailing from a tiny town called Sylva, deep in the Great Smoky Mountains of North . [4] The title track received airplay on Australian country music radio stations. let gads_event; Christian Pagan (Puerto Rico) - 'Loko', 22. I loved where I grew up. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You have entered an incorrect email address! Morgan shows no fear as he dips into his North Carolina roots to uncover an unapologetic back road anthem. It was just a cool idea from the beginning and we just kind of ran with it. His rise to fame first began as the lyrics writer for the famous American country singer Jason Aldean. Take a listen below and check out more new recently released tunes on our New Country Music playlist. BC: What emerged as your strength as a songwriter? John Morgan - Coldest Beer In Town (Official Audio) - YouTube 0:00 / 3:06 John Morgan - Coldest Beer In Town (Official Audio) John Morgan 3.89K subscribers Subscribe 632 44K views 1. I started writing my own songs [] It was kind of an easy transition for me to switch over to country music. Morgan likens the trajectory of his switch from bluegrass to country music to one of his favorite artists, Keith Whitley. It felt like the right thing to share it like this. He has not given out his early life and parents' information in the media. [1] He has a younger sister, Jane, and a younger brother, Tom, who is also a musician playing bass guitar. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'biographyhost_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_6',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-biographyhost_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Morgans popularity has recently found a new height after appearing as a contestant on the reality series American Song Contest. hitType: 'event', },false) Fate connected him with Kurt Allison and Tully Kennedy, two incredible songwriters and longtime bandmates of Country superstar Jason Aldean. The unashamed life of a country boy speaks true to Morgans upbringing ina tiny town called Sylva, which sits deep in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. Career John Morgan is a lawyer who specializes in injury, class action and personal injury. [] It kind of gives you a different side of who I am as an artist too.. John Morgan is an American Singer and Songwriter. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. Hosted by Snoop Dogg and Kelly Clarkson, 'American Song Contest' features competitors from all 50 states. Be sure to give the playlist a follow for your weekly new country music fix. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As much as I love that still, theres nothing cooler than being able to write your own songs and be able to release them and speak for yourself in a way. Music. Hisrise to famefirst began as the lyrics writer for the famous American country singer Jason Aldean. John Morganis an American lawyer. media-tech companies with hubs around the world. He was named the New Oz Artist of the Year at the 2013 CMC Music Awards. We put a lot of work into each song and its cool to have it pay off and finally get it out into the world.. }) Throughout the budding country star's twang-filled . Pictured (L-R): Colton McGee (BBR Music Group/BMG), JoJaimie Hahr [3] He was signed to Sony BMG and released his debut single "Big Skies", in September 2007. Hailing from a tiny town called Sylva, deep in the Great Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, John Morgan knows exactly where Country music comes from. John Shearer/GettyImages. [80], Evans performing on stage at CMC Rocks 2016, 19852010: Early life and career beginnings. Thanks for listening.. His fight for the legalization of medical Marijuana in Florida is not a secret. In time, opportunity knocked when he landed a writing session with Aldeans bandmates and songwriters Tully Kennedy and Kurt Allison. John Morgan is saying Sorry Not Sorry for his redneck tendencies and deep country boy persona in his latest release. Aldean ultimately signed the young talent to Night Train Records, his imprint with BBR Music Group. The icing on the cake came when Aldean signed Morgan to his Nashville imprint, Night Train Records (in partnership with BBR Music Group). What did you learn from seeing him on stage? It was a fun childhood. Morgan shows no fear as he dips into his North Carolina roots to uncover an unapologetic back road anthem. Composers: John Edwards - John Morgan - Kyle Fishman - Michael Dulaney, Writer: John Morgan - Justin Wilson - Rodney Clawson - Will Bundy, Composers: John Edwards - John Morgans - Kurt Allison - Tully Kennedy, Composers: Brent Anderson - John Morgan - Lydia Vaughan - Will Bundy, Composers: William T. Stromberg - John Morgan, Composers: John Morgan - Justin Wilson - Rodney Clawson - Will Bundy, Composers: John Morgan - William T. Stromberg. },false) Im just very grateful, I just wanted to thank you guys for supporting me and my music. His contribution to the legalization of medical marijuana is also significant. Morgan played guitar and sang for the performance.. | Nashville Picks Lorrie Morgan is best known for topping the country charts with classic country tunes in the 80s and 90s. Morgan also shared thepicture of his newbornon Instagram on 16 March 2022. We predict that 2023 is going to be a huge year for the entertainer; however, you can start becoming a huge fan now. Signing with Sony BMG, he released his debut EP, Big Skies in September 2007. } Featuring breaking news, artist interviews, exclusive, multi-platform content and much more, Country Now is quickly becoming a go-to online destination for country music fans. He is the founder of apersonal injury and class actionlaw firm, Morgan & Morgan. hitType: 'event', He can be reached at[emailprotected]. Morgan released hisdebut audio trackColdest Beer in Town in 2021. + Looking for the latest new songs in country music? I just wanted to hop on and just thank you guys for Sorry Not Sorry and checking that out. John Morgan is a country musician, singer, and songwriter. I had big plans to raise Black Angus and have a little farm and settle down and keep music as a hobby. Were the show opener. This was followed in August of that year by a second EP, While We're Young. Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, Dylan Marlowe Talks New Music, Touring With HARDY, Wedding Planning & More, Kip Moore Uncovers The Never-Ending Layers Of Love On Fifth Studio Album, Damn Love, Carrie Underwood To Launch Exclusive Year-Round SiriusXM Channel, Carries Country, Nashville Meets Napa Valley At Live In The Vineyard Goes Country, Travis Denning Embarks On Next Musical Era With Strawberry Wine And A Cheap Six Pack, Dierks Bentley To Embark On Gravel & Gold Tour With Jordan Davis & More Special Guests, Elle King On How Country Music Allowed Her To Reconnect With Her Roots In Latest Album, Come Get Your Wife.