The earnings drop off considerably further down the list. Please take note that 2020 was the start of the pandemic and there were events that were affected or even canceled. Disc Golf Mentor is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Now he has his very own line of coffee. While Paul McBeth and Ricky Wysocky are millionaires from playing disc golf, there are several other players who make comfortable livings. _KelVarnsen_ 2 mo. However, it is not be as big as the sports but the future looks bright for professional disc golfers. Cincinnati drafted RB Chase Brown in the . How much does Lebron James make annually between salary and sponsorships? Privacy Policy. Top Professional Disc Golf Sponsorship Contracts, Sponsor Bonuses for Winning Major Tournaments, Difference Between Golf and Disc Golf Courses. Dollar wise, he is the all time winningest player in disc golf history. A medium body and mild tone with low acidity. At the writing of this article, Wysocki is currently the #1 rated disc golfer in the world. A pro since 2009, Wysocki has career earnings of $506,832. Were starting to see more interest in tournaments, and though the tournaments may not be broadcasted regularly on ESPN, there is more professionally edited tournament coverage on YouTube with professional announcers. Can you make a living playing disc golf and how much can you make? McBeths career tournament earnings total $491,130.09 as of July,29 2020. The first would be tournament winnings. As we were coming down the stretch, I was exhilarated to be playing this game at the highest level possible. Learn more. Its said that his contract was even renegotiated to a higher sum recently due to the popularity of his disc sales with Discraft. Sarah has career earnings of $190,000, and she really knows how to compete for the big bucks. For more articles, try the tagged article archives or you can try searching the full site here. Build strong habits now, so you can enjoy every bit of tomorrow. #discgolf #review #kevinjones #proplayer #pro Aloha! Sign up for our newsletter to get alerts about new deals! I was first in circle 1 in regulation, birdie %, and scrambles. Kevin Jones Reverb Distance Driver - 400 Plastic, Kevin Jones Reverb Distance Driver - 500 Plastic, Prodigy PA-3 300 Plastic - Heather Young 2022 Signature Series, Prodigy PA-3 300 Spectrum Plastic - The Preserve Championship Stamp. Ultiworld Disc Golf is the premier news media site dedicated to the sport of disc golf . By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The numbers included here are estimates only for information purposes. But one thing we do know is that this 530-foot hole-in-one shot from Kevin Jones is out of this world. Of course, Paul McBeth who is now considered the Tiger Woods of disc golf deserves it. It wont be surprising at all to see McMahan as the #1 rated disc golfer in 2022. For one, the membership of the association has grown over the years. With all that said, interest in disc golf is rising rapidly. Share 0 | Privacy policy | Terms & ConditionsPrivacy policy | Terms & Conditions And the next level is to turn into a professional. Kevin Jones is a disc golfer. Most disc golf contracts are not made public and rely on certain bonuses for wins and product sales. Smooth form like a pro5. Jonesboro Open Powered by Prodigy: Robinson, Buhr maintain momentum, PDGA Champions Cup: Isaac Robinson captures first Major title. And even at that level, youre not likely to earn a sponsorship worth huge money like Paul McBeth (unless you boot him from the number 1 spot). Kevin Jones Pro Series Disc Collections sporting the KJ Logo. To help spread the joys of disc golf and to provide some useful tips for improvement, I created the Disc GolfMentor website. I played a solid final round, but just didnt have I finished tied for fourth with Calvin Heimburg. With the big money that disc golf can now pay, we expect to see Orum much more on DGPT featured cards in 2022. His YouTube videos get thousands of views and are able to bring home a decent monthly income from YouTube ad revenue. The Jonesboro Open started as a PDGA B-Tier in 2017 and moved up to an Elite Series event in 2018. . Is it possible for me to make a living playing disc golf? How much do PDGA golfers make? President and CEO, Acushnet (owner of Titleist and FootJoy) $4,978,638 (includes base salary of $995,200, plus bonus and other incentive pay) . Upcoming Events. The top-level tournament includes the world championships, PDGA majors, and the elite series. Kona Panis is only the 10th rated female player in the world, but arguably has the best social media presence in all of disc golf. Kevin Jones Hometown: Fort Smith, Arkansas Home course: Bell Park DGC, Greenwood, Arkansas Age: 21 Dominant throw: Right-hand backhand Sponsor: Prodiscus Throws: Razeri, Destroyer, Midari Putts: Wizard "Man, I have a super complicated story," Kevin Jones says with a laugh. But the biggest question is, is turning pro in disc golf sustainable? Display: 24 per page Sort by: Best selling View Prodigy PA-3 500 Spectrum Plastic - Kevin Jones 2023 Signature Series $21.49 Best Seller Kevin Jones Distortion Approach Disc - 500 Plastic You can also attend paid speaking engagements in local disc golf events where you can share your knowledge and players with up-and-coming players and the young ones. Thank you for watching JomezPro Disc Golf tournament coverage of the FPO feature cards first round at the 2023 Jonesboro Open.Card: Kevin Jones, Calvin Heimburg, Vin Mkel, Eagle McMahonCourse: Disc Side of Heaven | Jonesboro, ARBigBarri Commentary: Jeremy \"Big Jerm\" Koling \u0026 Paul \"Uli\" UlibarriBuy 2 discs get 1 free + free shipping on orders over $50 (U.S. Only). President and CEO . Edward Jones - Four Investment Strategies to Put Time on Your Side. Simons major asset, is his likable personality and showmanship. (We will. What lies ahead for the sport of disc golf will undoubtedly be exciting and ever-evolving! Some players get incentives on disc sales that are collaborated by the company and the player. #jomezpro #discgolf Why are you still reading this? I executed that shot well and walked away with a par and knowing my hopes were still alive. On December 30, 2021, Jones announced a four-year contract extension with Prodigy. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Disc golf is relatively new. All Rights Reserved. My Pa3s are extremely helpful out here since they are one of the best throwing putters on the market. Increase your distance2. Besides the fact that he doesnt have any World Championship and very few major tournament wins, Simon is likely one of the top earning professional disc golfers. He is not one of the top disc golfers in the world, but has a huge social media following and online presence. Is this page missing information or in need of corrections? With modern day social media and Youtube tournament coverage, professional disc golfers can not only scrape by, but can make a really good living for themselves. How much money does Paul McBeth make? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. You can see it below: The table below will show you the average prizes given to every player depending on their ranking on different PDGA events. Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device, South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands (USD $). kevin jones disc golf salaryhouses for rent by owner in calhoun, ga; kevin jones disc golf salaryjim jon prokes cause of death; kevin jones disc golf salarycafe patachou nutrition information kevin jones disc golf salary. Nate Sexton is still a good disc golfer, but makes the bulk of his money from massive sales of his high demand signature Color Glow Firebirds. Cypresspointgolf.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. How hole 18 played out will be talked about in disc golf history forever. If professional players are sponsored by big brands or companies, there can be a lot of money involved. It is rumored that he earns $4 for each disc sold, and that he sold more than 100,000 PM line discs last year. My second round was my lowest score and I felt great going into the last round on the lead card. Drew Gibsons is able to maximize his sponsorship value by partnering with multiple brands. With the sports increasing popularity, more and more companies will be interested and will pour money on sponsorship deals and prize money which is beneficial to all professional disc golfers. Right after Paul McBeth, in the male rankings, is Richard Wysocki. He has a likeable personality and this helps translate into demand for his big money Firebirds. Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection. Speaking of the best player in the world, one of the top-ranked players today is Paul McBeth. In the second round of the tournament, I shot a got round for the day pushing me to the lead card for the final round. All Rights Reserved. $11.05 per 12oz bag when you buy 25 or more bags. and our First off, my name is James. Ive often wondered if pro disc golf players make any money for playing the game professionally. The Jones shot was captured by disc golf media company GK Pro and released on September 10, 2020. Now Playing: DGPT Elite - Music City Open presented by Lone Star Disc. Effortless accuracy4. With Paul McBeths multi-million deals, I am very optimistic that we will see a million-prized tournament soon. This past off season Dynamic Discs swooped in offering him his current 1 Million per year contract plus a $250,000 sign in bonus (paid in bitcoin). On hole 14, I found myself scrambling for par. Two of these players make more than a million dollars a year. She was the 2012 World Champion and is a 2-time US Womens Champion. Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy. The Reverb is a high-speed distance driver that isdependable and versatile for all my driving needs. The savings decisions you make now can impact your future finances. It has a smooth, rounded feel and a slightly slimmer profile than putters traditionally used for putting. Professional disc golf players can also use other social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to influence their followers and earn money in different ways. It used to be that professional disc golfers played solely for the love of the game. This may seem like a small detail, but its vitally important for the sport to gain interest. Lets consider the earnings of the top 10 professional disc golfers on the United States Tour as of the end of 2021: (Statistics from the official PDGA website). Spend $60.00 more and get free shipping! Most 2022 tournaments will pay substantially more than this to the pros who play. There is constant pressure from the start to the finish. What does owning the footage of Kevin Jones' monster ace that has gone viral mean for disc golf media company GK Pro? As the greatest nemesis to Mr. McBeth, Wysocki has had a storied career himself. This contract is an extension of a similar contract he signed 4 years ago for a million dollars. United States Tour Rank: #14. The Prodigy Disc PA-3 is their top selling putt & approach disc. Ricky was sponsored by Latitude 64 from 2015-2018 where he one two World Championships. Some sponsors match tournament winnings, while some give the pro player incentives on sales of specialized disks. The average yearly income for disc golfers at the pro level is approximately $116,000, but those with sponsorships tend to make considerably more than that. Give him a follow! Drew has signature discs with a variety of different disc golf manufacturers and makes a portion of all EV-7 disc sales. Watch our latest catch up hear his plans, ambitions and what Kevin Jones disc golf looks like for the years to come. This is where the real money comes in for professional disc golfer. Pro disc golfers relied on the generosity of the disc golf community to provide lodging at their various stops when on tour. Not only is Discraft now the undisputed #2 manufacturer of disc golf equipment, but you can expect McBeth to make 7 figures a year for the next decade by simply playing disc golf. Paul McBeth is the most well-know professional disc golfers around. United States Tour Rank: #14. Im also excited to have a fully supply of discs available and work with guys like Seppo Paju, Chris Dickerson and Cale Leiviska. Ultiworld Disc Golf is the premier news media site dedicated to the sport of disc golf. Discraft is not the only brand backing McBeth. I would say that this is small compared to other sports but still, this will give a professional disc golfer that chance to earn money if he wins the tournament. Career Earnings: $198,484.99. Disc Golf World Tour 2016 | Property of Spin18 Ltd. | All rights reserved. ago. I'm still beside myself, truly thankful for this. Her skills as a great marketer lured Dynamic Discs into offering her the big bucks of at least a quarter million per year. In 2020, the purse total was about $3.25 million; one year later, it almost doubled to $6.4 million. I think we can all agree that Paul McBeth is doing great right now, but lets take a step back for a second and consider that Paul is the number 1 rated professional disc golf player and has been for years. For many pro players, the bulk of their income comes from the sale of fundraiser and signature discs. Keep in mind that there are costs involved in playing these tournaments, like entry fees and the cost of food and lodging. On top of that, Paul recently earned a Discraft sponsorship that will pay him north of $1,000,000 spread across four years with sales incentives on signature discs. Of course the low 2020 total was pandemic-related, but it's still interesting to note the 98% increase from 2020's $3,257,522 to 2021's $6,463,571 purse total. Of course, I feel that disc golf is a wonderful sport for pros and casual players alike, and spreading the game to more people can only be a good thing. Paul McBeth, probably the most recognized name in professional disc golf, took home $90,403 in prize money across 25 tournaments and has a career earnings total of just over $616k at the end of the 2021 season. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. Its interesting that the top earners are not necessarily the best disc golfers. When McBeth left Innova for Discraft, Wysocki took over the number one sponsorship spot at Innova. Nickname: . Other brands should take note of MVP's commitment to growing the sport. There are also other ways that a professional disc golfer earns a living. Career Wins: 43. These are the moments I dream about. I pushed for the lead but fell just short, placing third. We're excited to announce that rising disc golf superstar and fan-favorite, Kevin Jones, has extended his contract with Prodigy Disc for 4 more years. After tournament payouts, signature disc sales and winning bonuses, the following disc golf pros likely also bring home at least $100,000 per year. He is the Tiger Woods of disc golf. 2:20 Kevin Jones 2:30 Kat Mertsch 2:40 Silas Schultz 2:50 Caroline Henderson 3:00 Paul McBeth 3:10 Catrina Allen 3:20 Isaac Robinson 3:30 Brad Pietz 3:40 Evan Shper. A sponsored pro may get an additional $500 from their bonus for winning a PDGA sanctioned B Tier event, $1000 for winning an A tier, and up to $10,000 for winning a National Tour event. Paige Pierce is clearly the best female disc golfer in the world which puts her in a class of her own. All Rights Reserved. The 22 season is here, and I couldnt be more excited. The number of disc golf courses had almost tripled from 2000 to 2008 alone and has only grown since. ago The title was a bit misleading. The DGPT tour championship offered a prize of $20,000 to the top player while the United Disc Golf Championship offered a $10,000 top purse. These are some of the most popular selling discs from the major disc golf retailers. These discs feel amazing and the plastic looks even better. Product sales are also a good indicator that the sports popularity is on the rise. So you have been playing disc golf for a while now and have been consistently honing your skills and form. Worlds is the most important tournament that we have the opportunity to play. Its estimated that she makes more than a half million dollars a year from her disc line sales and bonuses. If professional players are enlisted members of a team that has sponsors, they may earn a salary for being a team member. He can't really talk about his contract details due to an NDA. Photo: DGPT With the first PDGA Major of the year completed just a few days ago, the PDGA Elite Series and Disc Golf Pro Tour heads to Jonesboro, Arkansas for the 2023 Play It Again Sports Jonesboro Open presented by Prodigy. With more and more people playing the sport, a lot of courses have been developed and more players are enlisting as members of these golf courses. It should be said as well that high paying sponsorships are becoming more and more commonplace at the profession level for disc golfers which is making the sport more and more appealing as a career move. When the money for promotion is ready and available, we may see courses that are better maintained, more interesting, and more accessible. When the average person on the street can name their favorite disc golf player, that will be a good time for disc golf as a sport.