Smith joined the KTVU news team in 2014 and soon became a beloved personality within the community. welcome everyone to the . Photo: @lamonicapeters Source: Instagram PAY ATTENTION: Don't miss trending Kenyan news. Letter | Why is Newsom ignoring California crime issues? tickets go on sale this morning for the second round of playoff games against the lakers ticket presales begin at 9 30. this morning. KTVU news anchor Frank Somerville was off the air again Tuesday following his abrupt exit from a Sunday night newscast in which his speech was slurred and he appeared sluggish. Somerville, 63, has been at KTVU since 1991. Jacqueline Policastro Wiki: Facts about Gray TVs Washington Bureau Chief. Her announcement was naturally followed by queries about why she is leaving and where shes going next. What are you waiting for? 8/10 Very Good! Look at Part I of the gallery to see later photos. Weston co-anchored the groundbreaking KPIX noon news with Wanda Ramey. He covers Bay. KTVU (channel 2) is a television station licensed to Oakland, California, United States, serving as the San Francisco Bay Area's Fox network outlet. Co-anchor Julie Haener finished the newscast alone. Bretagne, Carcassonne, Cristina Rendon has been with KTVU since 2013. Somerville, one of the Bay Areas longest running and most visible anchors, prompted concern among KTVU viewers during the stations 10 p.m. newscast on Sunday when he seemed to be struggling to read off the Teleprompter, repeatedly stumbling over words. This was three years after he graduated from law school. To circumvent any news of mass layoffs, FOX Television Stations hubbed the graphics departments at its owned stations in 2009. They worked together on the KPIX special "All Together Now.". She has since reinvented herself as a conservative talk show host on KSFO. The retired Dennis Richmond could deliver the news in a clown suit and retain his professionalism. Provence-Alpes-Cte d'Azur, Reims, LLOYD LACUESTA: LaCuesta is a longtime favorite among our readers, who respect the KTVU reporter's ability to brave every horrible rainstorm and crime scene to bring us the news. After 20 years in broadcast news, including 13 years at KTVU, Ive decided it is time for a new adventure, she wrote. tickets become available to the general public right now, the cheapest ticket . I would place it in the late 1980s, a few years after Radnich started at the station in 1985. DENNIS RICHMOND, PAT MCCORMICK and BARBARA SIMPSON: Richmond and McCormick were well-represented in Part I of this anchor tribute, but readers wanted to see Simpson. PETE GIDDINGS: The makers of "Anchorman" stole half of that movie from this photo. Dear Abby: Am I overreacting to my European daughter-in-law's behavior? VALERIE COLEMAN: One of the first female African-American anchors anywhere, Coleman worked at KRON and KGO from 1969 until the 1980s before moving on to CNNfn. Prior to that, she spent seven years as a meteorologist at WMAQ-TV in Chicago after leaving KNTV in San Jose. She returned to Phoenix in early 2020as a co-anchor of ABC15 Mornings on the CW61, an expansion of ABC15 Mornings.. KTVU anchor Frank Somerville, one of the most recognizable of the Bay Area's news personalities having been on the air at KTVU since 1991, was pulled from a Sunday broadcast and has not. He died in 2005. Ask Amy: I put a security camera in my room, and what I saw was creepy, Ask Amy: My fiancee's family says I'm not invited, and she's going without me, The dad whose wife and child were among 5 killed by a neighbor in Texas describes how the massacre unfolded, 'Total dominance': Steph Curry breaks NBA Game 7 record, leads Warriors over Kings, Dear Abby: The reason her fiance hid his phone was something she never guessed, Mortgage fees to rise for buyers with high credit scores, fall for those with lower scores, Kurtenbach: Steph Curry built the Warriors dynasty. We will keep you posted on his status. (UPDATE: Somerville was also absent Wednesday night as the 6 p.m. newscast was anchored by Andre Senior and Heather Holmes, who began the program by saying Frank and Julie (Haener) are off tonight. KTVU and/or Fox management has yet to comment on the situation). "After 20 years in. Airport Weather Warning. I love the weather board in the back. little good. Here he works as a sportscaster for KPIX in 1978. Pour le moment, il n'y a pas d'avis sur RIP Bob MacKenzie. Roberta has been at KTVU since 2021. A post shared by Azenith Smith (@azenithsmith). TV Streaming | The Bay Area native worked twice at KGO and once at KPIX before retiring from television at age 42. Alas for news junkies, on June 8 Diane made her last regular broadcast as anchor/reporter. She left the station in 1998. Maureen Naylor, a veteran KTVU reporter and anchor, is leaving the station after 13 years with Channel 2. When asked to provide details on what happened, Gurrieri declined to comment, only saying, We should have more information tomorrow.. KTVU Aug 2015 - Feb 2017 1 . Alex Wasilenko Leaving WNCT: Where Is the Meteorologist Going Next? A storm system is approaching California and will impact the San Francisco Bay Area and Central Coast starting early on Tuesday. KPIX 5 News Director Dan Rosenheim says it has been a pleasure working with Gonzales. so um, go warriors. (This 1971 photo posing next to a car was the best I could do.) Fowler, the health and science editor at the station, started there in 1975. He was known for his wit, fun demeanor off camera, amazing tan and 19-year run at the station. She's also a regular contributor on KCBS All News 106.9 FM and 740 AM. She joined the station as a reporter and was promoted to weekend anchor in 2020. Now that KTVU is a FOX station, the responsibility for making graphicswould go to thehub, making the stations department redundant. JERRY JENSEN: This KGO regular co-anchored with Van Amburg on the "News Scene" in the 1970s and 1980s. that assessment recently. PAT MCCORMICK (Nov. 3, 1974): McCormick told me in an interview that he was happiest doing Charley and Humphrey. Subscribe tothe weekly movies newsletter. BELVA DAVIS (Oct. 30, 1977) Davis was the first female African-American TV reporter on the West Coast -- working at KPIX, KQED and KRON starting in the 1960s. Both stations share studios at Jack London Square in Oakland, while KTVU's transmitter is located . In 2008, he received a highly publicized promotion when he was named the co-anchor of the stations 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. newscasts, replacing Bay Area icon Dennis Richmond. Hes also worked in Chico, Calif., Champaign, Ill., Fresno, Calif. and Orlando, Fla. Technical Audio Producer (Part-Time Contract)Bloomberg LPNew York, New York, An error has occurred, please try again later. It was taken by Joe Rosenthal, the Chronicle photographer behind the famous Iwo Jima photo. Obtenir des directions. fox two news. Lieberman also reports two producers and the graphics department were cut. I can't imagine he ever looked any more awesome that this 1990 photo. RAY TALIAFERRO (March 6, 1967): Known for his long radio career, he was also an anchor for KRON and worked for KGO-TV. She's working at her desk here 1978. I covered courtrooms in the late 1990s/early 2000s and would run into Lee a lot. CHERYL JENNINGS: Here's Jennings in 1980, one year after joining KGO as a general assignment reporter. You may see her "Mornings at Two" every weekend, from 7 AM to 10 AM. The first, about the 50th anniversary of the Free Speech Movement, aired in September (you can watch it on YouTube). Hours without power is tough. After a record-breaking winter with storm after storm pounding through the Bay Area, the latest 'atmospheric river' has arrived. He's still in mourning over the cancellation of "Freaks and Geeks. Pritchett has worked at KTVU since 2005 while Rasmussen has been there since 2011. Pendleton photo. DOUG MURPHY: A reporter and anchor at KPIX for 23 years, Murphy had an everyman quality that helped his jack-of-all-trades reporting. Some fans say they . DENNIS RICHMOND: Damn, D-Rich (that's what I call him in my fantasies where I imagine we're friends) looks good in a vest. it's exclusively for the warriors season ticket holders. First Republic Bank, headquartered in San Francisco, announced plans to layoff up to 25% of its staff.The layoffs come after the bank also announced that its depositors pulled out nearly $100 . Occitanie, Toulouse, left with little turquoise. They especially want to know where she is going next and why she is leaving. VAN AMBURG: The anchor in 1971 -- during his early years at KGO. Occitanie, Poitiers, This is a gloriously random image of Davis and actor Robert Culp posing next to a Ford Country Sedan. DENNIS RICHMOND (May 1987): I never thought I'd se Richmond anywhere except acting completely serious in the anchor chair. So I wasn't surprised to see the KTVU personality really light up for this photo, where he's promoting an adopt-a-child program. WANDA RAMEY: As co-anchor of the KPIX noon news in 1959, Ramey reportedly became the first female TV anchor on the West Coast. Her last day on air was Monday, December 13. KATE KELLY: The KPIX anchor relaxes at home in 1991. BARRY TOMPKINS: The longtime broadcasting talent and boxing commentator -- Tompkins was in "Rocky IV" playing himself! Award winning anchor, investigative reporter, and political correspondent. A teacher at Mt. This is a carousel. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. In this photo, Taliaferro is at an NAACP press conference with Robert Hayes and Clifton R. Jeffers. The California native is a five-time Emmy award-winner and reports on the weather in the morning and afternoon for KPIX. MARK IBANEZ: Sports anchor Mark Ibanez has been with KTVU for nearly 30 years. KATE KELLY (Oct. 23, 1984): I'm just going to say what everyone is thinking: Kate Kelly looks stunning. Mountain biking is growing in popularity for young women across the country and one team from the East Bay shared its story of how theyre gaining more female members. According to his station bio, he started as a writer, assignment editor and producer before moving to reporting full time in 1978. A familys backyard is slowly crumbling away into a creek and they are tied up in a lawsuit with Contra Costa County over who should maintain the deterioration. Her file included what looks like a photo from a high school formal dance. The news was first reported by Bay Area media blogger Rich Lieberman and confirmed by TVSpy. KTVU viewers were surprised when Smith announced through social media that she is leaving the station and broadcast after 15 years in the business. ", KTVU anchor Frank Somerville remains off air, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), H-1B: Feds want criminal charges over application fraud for Silicon Valleys favorite visa, KTVU anchor Frank Somerville remains off air after abrupt Sunday exit, KTVUs Frank Somerville to take a break after bizarre newscast behavior, Jerry Springer, former Cincinnati mayor and talk show host, dead at 79, A drug company abandoned a treatment for bubble boy disease. After a 5-year fight, this little California girl is about to get it, Former Jackass star Bam Margera turns himself in; denies assaulting younger brother, Henry Winkler advises find a passion and stick with it, no matter the stage of life, Review: Carol Burnett: 90 Years of Laughter + Love is an old-school special for an old-school talent. Oakland - Longtime KTVU anchor Frank Somerville remains on suspension following a dispute over coverage of the Gabby Petito homicide case. KTVUs Frank Somerville to take a break after bizarre newscast behavior Prior to that, she spent seven years as a meteorologist at WMAQ-TV in Chicago after. Jusqu' prsent, les critiques n'ont pas t ajoutes. She will join Emily Pritchard, who started at 12News in 2022. Naylor, a native of Sunnyvale, mostly covered the South Bay for KTVU and occasionally served as a fill-in anchor. He was respected at KRON and KGO, before dying suddenly in 2007. ANNA CHAVEZ: Chavez during a contemplative moment, while anchoring the 6 p.m. news for KGO in 1988. This email address is already subscribed to the selected list(s). He's a nice guy, and talked me off the ledge after the worst interview of my life. She later took over the 10 p.m. news spot co-anchoring with Dennis Richmond -- and now writes on SFGate.com as a City Bright. 12 rue de Palanka, Grenoble, Isere, 38000. Letter | Where were our local rich at Pajaro benefit? The recently retired reporter didn't disappoint, providing these fantastic then-and-now press pass shots. Frank Somerville's 31-year career at KTVU, where his nightly anchoring duties made him one of the Bay Area's most beloved TV news personalities, officially came to an end Friday, as his contract. She attended college at St. Marys University in San Antonio and St. Edwards University in Austin where she received a degree in Communication. "I had a show in Chicago called, 'News for Kids Chicago Style,' and when I first came here I had a fitness show called 'The Pulse.' WAYNE WALKER (June 4, 1978): I was born in a 49ers-obsessed household, where Wayne Walker was a deity. courtesy photoKTVU's Tori Campbell is reportedly leaving the station to relocate closer to her family.