I told them I had depression. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she once tried to sell her baby sister at a yard sale, she was picked to ask a question on the @jerryspringer show, and the entire @worcestershark team showed up at one of her house parties. pic.twitter.com/dsViG2Iy3Y, . @slombardinews is a conscientious producer whos always ready for breaking news. I imagined running into a coworker while I was out doing one of these seemingly frivolous things, looking completely healthy despite being on short-term disability. The news has disappointed many NBC10 viewers due to the lack of an official announcement. pic.twitter.com/9WHyTTguZv, . If we dont normalize mental illness, who will? There are plenty of unusual pets: a duck, a rescued crow and a ram one of us got for her 8th birthday! In 1993, Bill Parcells held the NFL in suspense before picking Drew Bledsoe and reshaping Patriots history. Lipof left Boston's WCVB-TV in 2016 to become one of the first anchors for NBC 10, which went on the air Jan. 1, 2017. pic.twitter.com/MHkQIxT5pQ, . Latoyia Edwards Bio, Wiki, Age, Family, Husband, NBC Boston, Miss Massachusetts, Net Worth, Salary . pic.twitter.com/hRfqcJ2QBa, Shes as talented as she is kind but #3ThingsIDidntKnow about @AudreyNBCBoston: she was a cheerleader for the @49ers while in college, her parents named her after actress Audrey Hepburn, and at 16 she was signed to a record label (her original songs played on the radio!!). But Im the type of person who, when my alarm goes off before I am ready to get up, hits snooze with hopes of avoiding the inevitable. @CConnNBCBoston is a dogged reporter. . She has been working on-air for over 15 years covering breaking news from the studio and on the field. @LeslieNBCBoston is often solving our consumer concerns but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she once ran right into the late JFK Jr. at @JFKLibrary, she annually hand-makes 200 elaborate Christmas cards, and she made the local news in HS for creating a calendar of schools cutest boys. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she started as a sports anchor/producer, is a big @WWE fan whos interviewed @JohnCena (whom she s), and in high school she was voted #BestLaugh. For me, that meant braids. She was one of the anchors on NBC's Early Today and First Look on MSNBC. Give me some bread, cheese, crackers, and a handful of peanuts, and I have the perfect four-course meal. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: his mom was deputy mayor of their town outside #Buffalo #NY, in high school he played Capt. She was born in California but she grew up in South Carolina, and she loves @BravoTV. Before working for NBC 10 Boston, she has had other media roles. Working with Latoyia, Matt, Olessa and the entire talented morning team is truly an honor. I had already been there and back. Katelyn is a graduate of Boston University. I just focused on getting through each day. Melody Mendez is an award-winning anchor and reporter. Additionally, Latoyia has instructed courses for the Connecticut School of Broadcasting. A few more? #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she went to @UofAlabama but when a massive tornado hit town she was forced to transfer to @UConn, drank champagne out of the @StanleyCup (twice), and was picked to crowd-surf on a pool float at @steveaoki concert. Our EP @americocap is an only child, doesnt have a middle name, and (bury the lede) auditioned for #AmericanIdol!!!!! The one person in Boston who was aware that something was up didnt know the half of it until he found me that morning unconscious in my living room. "She brings with her a . Read carefully and you can see where U.S. tennis star Andy Roddick got in on the fun, too. Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. In-depth news coverage of the Greater Boston Area. That led her to her next career in Binghamton, NY as a producer, news anchor and reporter for WBNG-TV. Take walks, she said, watch movies, read a book. pic.twitter.com/RKpm9pTbaY, . #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she hosts a podcast, studied abroad in #SouthAfrica, and while on a class trip got to meet and interview #SCOTUS Justice Clarence Thomas. That was when he called the paramedics. Now, I had plenty of time to replay and dissect every choice Id ever made and count all the mistakes. The few Black women who made it on screen always had chemically processed hair, and Edwards was even encouraged to use her middle name, Simone, because it would be more appealing to all audiences, she said. By the time the pandemic hit, I had the skills and support I needed to be alone without falling into darkness. @keithbarbaria is in charge of all of the stations technology. pic.twitter.com/M5V6qIj8MO, . NBC 10 Boston/WBTS announced Wednesday that Lauren Melendez will join the team on Oct. 17 as a weekend morning co-anchor alongside NBC10 Boston's Jeff Saperstone. #NBC10Boston pic.twitter.com/hOXFc4sdd3, Seriously its tough to top @OlessaNBCBostons 3 things I didnt know. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: hes an amateur magician , spent decades in community musical theatre (performing and directing), and hes a natural birth instructor with his wife (theyve helped 300+ couples). Ask how they are and let them know youre willing to listen. Whether its reporting on natural disasters or geo-politics, Melodys most difficult (and important) job is as a mom of two little terrors and a rescue dog. Simon Bradstreet, and hes current restoring his 1832 antique historic #Salem home. Former WBTS reporter Karen Hensel has filed a lawsuit against the station alleging sexual harassment and retaliation in federal court lawsuit. I was diagnosed with depression in 2007, a year after having my first child. #NBC10Boston #NECN pic.twitter.com/KnH06tlyu3, We know @MichaelPageWx loves forecasting the weather but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he was scared of thunder as a child, he started working at the family jewelry store when he was 8 (he Windexed the counter), and the first Pages arrived in #Boston in 1630. I tried to open my eyes, but for some reason I couldnt. I thought I might be broken for good. You cant fix them. These were not choices I was making. She later worked to highlight the establishment of the Marcotte Foundation which empowers youth and aims to break the cycle of violence. Regardless of my timing, heres the bottom line: Authentic representation matters., Stay up to date on all the latest news from Boston.com. Born and raised in Central Massachusetts, she has close ties to the community she reports for, giving her a strong understanding of the stories that matter most to people. For many years, NBC Boston anchor JC Monahan had a secretand keeping it nearly cost her everything. @jadrovet is a talented anchor on our sister station @TelemundoNI. When her family took a small Mothers Day trip, Edwards braided her hair like always, and immediately felt better. Before joining NBC10 Boston and necn, she worked as a reporter and anchor in Worcester. "Don Lemon's statement about this morning's events is inaccurate. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he was pulled over for speeding in #Bosnia (paid a fine on the spot), was elected class officer at @Penn with the slogan I like Mike, and after college answered phones at @InsideEdition. After so many years of struggling with depression, I knew it was time to focus that determination on myself. Martinez joined NBC10 Boston and NECN in May of 2016 as sports anchor and director. pic.twitter.com/hAloiOax9u, . She spent 15 years at the station where she served in different positions such as a morning meteorologist, weekend evening meteorologist, and weekend meteorologist. pic.twitter.com/cgwl4vkoL7, . NBC10 Boston today announced Raul Martinez has been promoted to morning news anchor of NBC10 Boston/WBTS. pic.twitter.com/kPsuJmNbJq, Colleen Jakubowski is in charge of all things production at #NECN #NBC10Boston. The ulcerative colitis flare-up forced me to make some changes, including starting a new diet. It took far too long for this communicator to learn how vital good communication really is. #NBC10Boston #NECN pic.twitter.com/qLLQ1nChtr, Photographer Dave Jacobs is talented and kind but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: as a kid he enjoyed hunting with his dad, hes a direct descendent of an early #MA Gov. If you're a scraper, please click the link below :-) Pete Bouchard. Not only was quarantine manageable, it actually helped me take self-care seriously. Given the nature of her exit, theres no update about where Shannon Mulaire is going next. @ProducerLeo is a passionate news guy. pic.twitter.com/Lxb3RCwjJR, We know @JeffNBCBoston is a dogged journalist but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he made newscasts in his basement when he was a kid, he used to work at a pharmacy in high school, and he met his wife on the now defunct #Friendster. Her followers hope shell be actively posting on social media again and be back to broadcasting soon. It took me far too long to understand that life depends on connections. @GraceGomez is a multi-talented anchor on our sister station @TelemundoNI but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she auditioned for @AmericanIdol & @AGT, spent some years bodybuilding, and was student government president in college. Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. I felt like I was drowning in my own thoughts to the point that I could no longer breathe. pic.twitter.com/9Yet5OUY0p, . Edwards also worked for WILD 1090AM where she reported as the morning drive news anchor and anchored television for MediaOne cable news network. Brown was a weekday morning anchor . @RA_Poulton is in charge of all #NBC10Boston #NECN #TelemundoBoston branding. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he fractured his hands/arms 12 times skateboarding as a kid, was a kayaker for @ComiteOlimpico, and the former communications director for #PuertoRicoStatePolice. She also covered national headlines including local Dr. Rick Sacras return to the U.S. after contracting Ebola. But listen to myself talk about my own feelings? Advertisement NBC10 Boston viewers had become accustomed to getting the news on the latest happenings from Mulaire and welcomed her into the local community. As far as I knew, I told them, no Black on-air news professional had worn their hair that way in Boston, she wrote. Not easy. Liam, currently co-anchor of the 5:30pm. I stopped abusing that the day I woke up in the ER and realized my desperation to prove I could handle it all could have made me lose it all. NBC Boston anchor Latoyia Edwards is sharing the story behind why shes now wearing her hair in braids on the morning news. I could hear their voices, soft and muffled. Mulaire joined the news team at NBC10 Boston and NECN in 2016. @MPCapasso is leading the charge on #NECN. So when she was missing on-air in recent weeks, there was a lot of speculation and requests to the station for an explanation. pic.twitter.com/FQ07jE0Oyw, Meteorologist @CecyTelemundo is the friendliest & kindest person in the newsroom. After stepping down from WHDH-TV's anchor desk last month, Christa Delcamp is back in front of the camera, joining the NBC10 Boston morning news team. Peter Alexander (Anchor) Kristen Welker (Anchor) Somara Theodore (Meteorologist) Sunday Today Willie Geist (Anchor) Meet The Press Chuck Todd (Moderator) Dateline NBC Lester Holt (Anchor) Nightly News Jose Diaz-Balart (Anchor) Kate Snow (Anchor) America's Got Talent (2006-) Terry Crews (Host season 14-present) Simon Cowell (Judge season 11-present) I wasnt answering the phone. Yes, she is currently working as an evening news anchor for NBC10 Boston. In my darkest days, I still had to go to work and be a mom, a daughter, a friend. What saved me was learning to open up about what I was going through with the people I loved. The Famous Info. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she gave a college tour to @TheMAURYShow, taking after her dad who sailed around the world for work she sailed competitively in college, and she can fillet a fish! pic.twitter.com/cZgHUoISRq, So what are the #3ThingsIDidntKnow about @Pamelanbcboston? Prior to NBC10 Boston, Melody was the morning anchor at WFLD in Chicago. She has covered many major stories impacting Massachusetts and New England, including the Boston Marathon bombings and the international search for the identity of "Baby Doe" that later became the murder investigation into the death of Bella Bond. Christa DelCamp garnered attention for her report on the 9/11 Pentagon Recovery Operation. #NBC10Boston @NECN pic.twitter.com/k2cPYH4JNn, He heads up our web department but #3ThingsIDidntKnow about @MarcNBCBoston: he lived in Turkey for a year and wrote about Americans playing pro basketball overseas, he once partied at @MikeNapoli25s Florida home, and his wife was the one who proposed. Soon after, she sat down one-on-one with the doctor to share his story of recovery and his determination to continue his work in West Africa. They're fascinating! She posted a few photos and colleagues asked why she didnt wear her hair braided on air. All rights reserved, New Video Shows Moment Floor Buckled on Green Line Train on Marathon Monday, Pupdate on the Adorable Dog That Fell Asleep on Our Broadcast, SatanCon 2023 Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary in Boston This Weekend, Popeye's Customers Angry Over Menu Item Trash Worcester Restaurant: Police, New Boston Restaurant Ranked Among Best in the World By Travel Magazine. I accepted that while I wasnt where I thought Id be at this point in my life, I was actually exactly where I needed to be. ), a 2018 World Series title from the Red Sox, a Stanley Cup Final appearance by the Bruins and the Celtics going to two Eastern Conference Finals. NBC Boston - Boston News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Entertainment, Breaking News 51 Trending 24/7 Streaming News NFL Draft Walshe Murder Case Celtics Bruins Mass. I knew upending these two mainstays in my life would be a dramatic change, but I had no idea just how much of one. Hes a talented photographer but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he was once a hot air balloon chaser, was drafted by @cubs instructional league, and was a small track stockcar driver in #NH. Really mad. pic.twitter.com/IF7QTeIiY6, . Hearst Television participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased . Id like to say Ill be happy if my story reaches one person, but Id be lying. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: Theo Epstein accidentally got in his car while trying to escape media, he borrowed gum from kids at #Vatican to retrieve dropped press pass covering the #Pope, and made critical catch in HS #Thanksgiving football game. Welcome to NBC10 Boston, the place for news, weather and everything in the Greater Boston area. Follow Boston.com on Instagram (Opens in a New Tab), Follow Boston.com on Twitter (Opens in a New Tab), Like Boston.com on Facebook (Opens in a New Tab), graduated with a broadcast journalism degree from Emerson College, 'My goal has been to make sure no one else ever dies this way'. Just easier. But this time I was going to let the way I looked reflect how I felt. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: as a @USCG reserve she burned oil off the Gulf during the #DeepwaterHorizon spill, she hosts a paranormal podcast with her childhood nextdoor neighbor, and @GeorgeForeman is her first cousin once removed. Throughout my life, once I decide to do something, theres little that can stop me. Instead, my doctor told me that I was also suffering from anxiety and gave me a prescription for Xanax to help tame my mind when it went into overdrive. After all, Id spent the past 25 years in broadcast news. @NECNPETE is our thoughtful & thorough 7a producer. Document Leaks NH Primary WATCH: Climate 2023 Gun Violence in Boston Pride in Boston MBTA 2 hours ago New Video Shows Moment Floor Buckled on Green Line Train on Marathon Monday Copyright 2023 NBCUniversal Media, LLC. NBC10 Boston viewers believe Mulaire was fired and didnt leave on her own accord. #NBC10Boston #NECN pic.twitter.com/Ek5XX0Fz2U, . Then I heard the word that rocked me back into focus: Narcan. I watched how people were forced into isolation, cut off from their support systems, told to stay home and stay away from one another. He can also been seen on the network NBCLX, delivering original, local content on-air, digital, mobile, social and out-of-home. Viewers are now wondering why she left on her own accord or if she was given the ax. pic.twitter.com/MVrdAIqomi, Our @MikeNBCBoston is often chasing down details on stories but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he's an only child, he's lived in 6 states (MA, NY, GA, TX, SC, FL) and while he was an intern @BarbaraJWalters asked him to throw out a piece of candy for her. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he was born in #England, hes blind in his right eye, and once while at a #NYC hotel had drinks with @aliciakeys. It wasnt just the pain of the loss. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: in HS he watched #YouTube to learn Piano Man on harmonica to impress a girl, saw original cast of @HamiltonMusical from front row, and rode in a container ship for 8 days to #Iceland for a mini series. You could say my culinary repertoire has always been limited. What had once felt indulgent and self-centered was easier when there were fewer ways to fill the day. I cant simply snap out of it despite what well-meaning people may think. The well-recognized anchor is a newcomer to the latter, but she has rapidly established herself as one of the most popular news anchors on the channel. NBC10 Boston viewers had become accustomed to getting the news on the latest happenings from Mulaire and welcomed her into the local community. She has been working on-air for over 15 years covering breaking news from the studio and on the field. Her career as an anchor and reporter has taken her to cities across the country and around the globe over the last decade, from Jackson, Tennessee, to Champaign, Illinois, and Seattle, Washington, to Denver, Colorado. This was on top of the meds I was already taking for depression. When my doctor first prescribed Xanax for my anxiety, I was unsure how it would affect me. I said goodbye to people who would rather judge me than understand me. Although neither the station nor Mulaire has made an official statement, the veteran journalist updated her LinkedIn to confirm that she is no longer working with NBC News as of July 2022. Stories of people dying by suicide during the pandemic seemed to be everywhere, including very close to home. She is married to a man named Phillip, according to her Instagram. I watched as my friends tried to process the news that a beloved colleague of theirs had killed himself. His hands were shaking. At the time, I didnt know what brought it on, and I didnt care. Tom Bergeron. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: his 5th great-grandfather was a Lt Colonel of the Revolutionary War and friends with George Washington, he had a pet duck that was orphaned, and he was a volunteer firefighter in NH. But your presence matters. NBC Boston anchor Latoyia Edwards is sharing the story behind why she's now wearing her hair in braids on the morning news. It felt wrong not to. pic.twitter.com/z6wKc13WQV, Director @MattyP763 is cool under pressure. @ProducerJulis part of our promos team. #NBC10Boston #NECN pic.twitter.com/dBSqvwAyPH, Here are #3ThingsIDidntKnow about our surf/ski weatherman @TimNBCBoston: he once rescued a baby crow then kept it as a pet, he was scared of thunder as a child, and the #78Blizzard turned into rain on #Cape ruining his snow day; from that day on he wanted to be a meteorologist. @DanNBC10Boston is our level-headed executive producer but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he played college baseball, he purposely missed one day of HS to avoid recognition for 4yrs of perfect attendance, and his uncle, Robert Kahn, is known as one of the fathers of the internet. pic.twitter.com/D4264IbETX, Investigative reporter @RyanNBCBoston is constantly digging into stories but #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he dressed up as various #Disney princes for his kids birthday parties, he was a girls basketball cheerleader, and he quit a restaurant job on 1st day to watch NHL playoff game. #NBC10Boston #NECN pic.twitter.com/MFVAkQQOrs, . @JackNBCBoston is a fantastic storyteller. pic.twitter.com/iGH4QX7tU2, . #3ThingsIDidntKnow: he spent 2 months reporting in #India and #Nepal, during his 4th solo skydiving jump his cord malfunctioned at 10-thousand ft (he figured it out but never jumped again), and he once ate a tarantula in the #Amazon. All rights reserved, New Video Shows Moment Floor Buckled on Green Line Train on Marathon Monday, Pupdate on the Adorable Dog That Fell Asleep on Our Broadcast, SatanCon 2023 Celebrates 10-Year Anniversary in Boston This Weekend, Popeye's Customers Angry Over Menu Item Trash Worcester Restaurant: Police, New Boston Restaurant Ranked Among Best in the World By Travel Magazine. It was clear that I couldnt fight the disease alone, though: I needed a support system. @DUSTINnbcboston always brings creativity to his stories. Dave Briggs (journalist) Doug Brown (sportscaster) David Brudnoy. pic.twitter.com/yLkepQ4SY7, Producer @meg__odonnell is great at her job & has the best attitude! Here at NBC10 Boston and necn, we've been getting to know ours a lot better thanks to reporter/anchor Susan Tran. During sessions spent in her dimly lit home office, I learned that depression had been with me long before the baby arrived. #3ThingsIDidntKnow: she started competitive figure skating at 4 (stopped at 21 due to injury), her dad is long time political reporter @luke1825, and her 8th great-grandmother (Susannah Martin) was convicted of witchcraft & hung in Salem.