You will succeed only when you use a swing that is suited to you as an individual not one that has been copied from one of the top golfers in the world. Course Website. In this clinic, you could see a LIVE demonstration of the Easy Tempo Technique, a distance secret, or anything you and other students want to learn about. He didn't hit it far because he didn't swing fast. THE MATERIAL ON THIS SITE MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED, DISTRIBUTED, TRANSMITTED, CACHED OR OTHERWISE USED, EXCEPT WITH THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION OF DISCOVERY GOLF, INC. 2023 DISCOVERY GOLF, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The steps you need to take in order to make a compact swing might seem easy and that's because they should be easy. The top 20 players in the Ryder Cup points. Exactly what it is the Easy Tempo Technique. That flies in the face of outward appearances, given Faldo's intense attention to every detail of his swing. So I want to make sure theres absolutely nothing standing in the way of you hitting 10 to 13 fairways a round and increasing your average driving distance. He had me hit six 7-iron shots as hard as I could. Where Ballesteros was wild and creative, Faldo was calculating and controlled. Sir Nick Faldo has never been a stranger to controversy. That flies in the face of outward appearances, given Faldo's intense attention to every detail of his swing. You have your own personal characteristics that define you as a golfer, including height and weight, eye-hand coordination, balance, tempo, rhythm, and much more. Thanks to his clear head and sharp focus, Faldo could see a very obvious - and circular - path to success: "I would practice hard, prepare, go off and play a tournament, learn from that. The results of your shots will be more predictable, so you won't have to be worried about various hazards and obstacles that you need to avoid. https://about-golf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Golf-Essentials-Podcast-post2.png, https://www.about-golf.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/aboutgolflogo.png, Sir Nick Faldo Elite Swing Clinic on Practice, Swing Sequence & Preparation (Ep.25). Ultimately, this reduces your swing speed and creates inconsistencies in your ball-striking. It's hard to tell exactly how far the ball is flying, and it doesn't behave the same landing downrange as it does landing on a green. Given Golfwrx probably has more better golfers than most other db's, there's incentive for people that aren't as good to chase the perfect swing. You should be comfortable with the other fundamentals of a compact swing by this point, you turn your attention to how your center of gravity is working while the club moves around you. He could hit the persimmon 300 when he needed to but became a professional dart thrower once he met Leadbetter in 1985. Don't forget to tip your waitress Poor Faldohits so short and still a better golfer than 99% of the people that post on here. While the ball can obviously curve to the left or right in the air, getting it started on the proper line is half the battle when it comes to hitting your targets. that works even BETTER than in-person lessons AND costs a whole lot less. Sit into your stance at address and maintain the flex in your legs throughout the swinging motion. Thursday was Faldo's 34th birthday, and he spent it shooting a 68 in the first round of the world . After 16 years wearing the headset for the network, Sir Nick Faldo said goodbye from the booth during the final round of the 2022 Wyndham Championship at Sedgefield Country Club in Greensboro, North Carolina, on Sunday. He may have been playing the Rextar ball then? I was a big Faldo fan because he had that air of mystery. For this drill, all you need to do is get in your setup and then immediately hinge your wrists. It was all about finesse. As you can imagine, practicing without a purpose doesnt do you much good. Taught me all I needed. August 7, 2022 5:30 pm ET. This is in his book The Winning Formula. If a controlled, compact golf swing can lead to a Hall of Fame career as it did for Nick Faldo, it can certainly help you play your best golf. Nick Faldo's record speaks for itself. And in case youre thinking, Eric, Im getting older and already losing distance, Im not sure I want to swing easier. AUGUSTA, GEORGIA - NOVEMBER 10: Sir Nick Faldo of England looks on during a practice round prior to the Masters at Augusta National Golf Club on November 10, 2020 in Augusta, Georgia. Since you stuck with me today, Im going to give you access to one of our LIVE Private Clinics FREE. Zephyr Melton is an assistant editor for GOLF.com where he spends his days blogging, producing and editing. Tighten up your golf swing using the tips above and you may find that it soon takes you fewer shots to work your way around the course. But that can still lead to a rushed downswing. Apart from the fact that his swing speed increased and he gained distance I want you to look at how much straighter he hit the ball. Havent you felt the soul-crushing disappointment of your swing feeling perfect on one shot, then completely gone the next asking yourself, what the hell happened?, Remember the smoother and more effortless your tempo, The higher your average driving distance will be, The more fairways you will hit per round, And the better you will play under pressure, All WITHOUT swinging the club any harder than you are right now, Which is why Im going to show YOU how to access the Easy Tempo Technique today, In the past, the only way to learn this was to pay Sir Nicks day rate. You want your lower body to establish a stable base for your swing, and that won't happen if either leg is moving around excessively. Golfers with complicated swings tend to go through streaks of good and bad play depending on their timing and tempo. On the other hand, when you finally have easy tempo in your swing, Which you can master today after watching one short video, In fact, that may be the best news of all, because, But when a guy whos won 6 Majors (including 2 playoff wins at the Masters). Download Golf Live Extra and watch from anywhere! I just saw this topic on Google and after 7 years decided to throw in my 2 cents. There just isn't a lot going on in his swing and that is a good thing. The Easy Tempo Technique finally makes one of the most challenging elements of the swing simple and effortless. He laughed. When your swing stays tight and controlled, you can expect the club face to be returned to the ball in the same position shot after shot. Only after the ball has been sent on its way should your weight be fully moved over onto your left foot. Many golfers think they need to have big, powerful swings in order to hit the ball great distances. Faldo quickly got the club on plane in the backswing, and stopped the shaft short of parallel at the top. Two ways to do it, which I learned by watching Lee Trevino: Keep the clubhead moving down the target line for as long as possible, and make sure your hands are ahead of the clubhead through impact. For Brent P, this technique boosted his average drive by 22 yards and helped him hit 12 fairways the very first time he used it. If you can hit your intended starting line time after time, you will find that you have a high level of control over your golf ball. Thats exactly what Sir Nick has done with the easy tempo technique, Thats why I decided to ask Sir Nick if he wanted to create a program with me, Eric, how many choke artist amateurs do you know right now?, Exactly. Ping G400 Testing G410. I've used that thought throughout my career. Beating balls on the range has its limitations. And that causes your chest and shoulders to open too fast, disconnecting your swing tempo. So how to you balance the need to move the club around your body with the desire to not move too much? Caddying at Augusta was "like a fairytale" according to Sweden's Fanny Sunesson, pictured here with Nick Faldo at the prestigious course in 1990. There are multiple swings, clubs and shots for each yardage. then head out to the practice greens and do some putting, some chip shots and some bunker shots, before hitting a few full shots on the . If you want to hit the ball high or low by adjusting your ball position, don't move the ball back or forward by more than an inch. Its the best feeling in the world when you feel like you took such a smooth, easy swing and the ball flies straighter and farther than your muscled shots. Thats what Sir Nick told me right before he left the range after our lesson, Believe it or not, he even let me film him hitting that SAME EXACT DRIVER while we were on the range that day, Even with old clubs that have zero technology, Sir Nicks easy tempo allows him to still consistently pure the ball, You should have seen the other golfers on the range, all taking videos, asking what Sir Nick was doing, So I took the opportunity to grab a few of them to test out the easy tempo technique. This is why one day your swing feels smooth, effortless, and dialed almost like you cant miss. It's a delicate balance, but one way to achieve it is to imagine the clubface being made of sandpaper, and keeping the ball squashed against that abrasive surface for as long as possible through impact. Plus, Ill walk you through the latest breakthroughs Sir Nick uncovers as a golf insider, And get this: you wont pay a penny for it, of course, And yet, in ONE SESSION youll take you newly-developed easy tempo to an even higher level. He was also dressed like a champ in Pringle and made some pro's look like they'd been hit by the Docker's wrinkle gun. But one of the easiest ways to achieve more clubhead speed is through ironing out the fundamentals of the swing. Cobra LTDx LS Peacoat/Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/Graffaloy BlueCobra Ltd3Kaili 80, Cobra Ltd 5Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)Adams XTD TI 22HybridBridgestone J15 CB 4 -pw/DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58, Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B. And ultimately dominate when the pressures on. Let your body be soft and respond. 10.5 set at small - Your swing will be prone to falling apart often at the worst times. Faldo had an extraordinary professional career in addition to his plaudits in the broadcast booth. Dominating with your wedges may not be as sexy as driving farther but its almost certain to lower your scores more than any other upgrade to your game. Didn't care about big distance, but distance control, accuracy and moving the ball left and right with his blades. And you have lifetime access to these training videos so you can pause, rewind, and watch them as many times as you like whenever you like. and widely recognized as one of the greatest ball strikers and tempo players ever to live says: So if you too are ready to generate natural, effortless tempo in your swing, So you can hit 10 to 13 fairways on command. Faldo kept his head down, his eyes focused on the ground, long after the ball was gone. To prepare for the drill, take your normal stance and get ready to make a practice swing. If you chop down into the ball, you'll hit the top of the clubface; and if you hit up on it, your ball flight will be terrible. Six-time major champion Nick Faldo reveals why he believes amateurs should experiment with various putting styles and grips. Once these players started using the easy tempo technique they see what Sir Nick and so many pros already know that, Yes your brain may take a little time to adjust to the fact that swinging easier actually creates more clubhead speed and accurate distance. To make precise contact like Weiskopf did, you cannot allow your head to drift around during the swing. Faldo is/was a very deliberate player, his interest was being in the right spot and controlling the ball, this is easier to do when you are not trying to knock the cover off. FDR. A great way to simplify your golf swing is to remove any lateral movement so you can focus solely on rotation. And if one of them is off, out of luck.". MEMBER REVIEWS: Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters! James used this technique to effortlessly create consistent tempo in his swing, and increased his average driving distance an extra 16 yards, And while 16 yards might not seem like a lot thats not the magic in this technique. While there is no set-in-stone definition, there are a few things that you can look for which would indicate a player is making a controlled, compact swing. It is possible to play good golf with a flying right elbow, but it is easier to simply keep that elbow down and in near your side. If you have done it correctly, this technique will allow you to benefit from your new compact swing mechanics while still hitting the ball impressive distances. However, too many moving parts can lead to big trouble in your swing. Nick Faldo offers tips on how to make your winter practice session more fun!Subscribe to Golfing World for more: http://youtube.com/golf AboutPressCopyrightContact. where he showed me step-by-step how to effortlessly create easy tempo in the swing. We were at the pro end and there were hotel guests at the other end hitting at us from 260-270. live as men, not as ostriches, nor He sets his wrists almost immediately during his takeaway, generating a larger arc as he turns away from the ball. Nick Faldo Hidden Power Plane Masterclass - Performance Golf For The First Time Ever, 6-Time Major Champion, CBS Commentator, Releases The Breakthrough He Learned From Being How Any Golfer Of Any Age Can Use This Simple 60-Second Secret To Tap Into The HIDDEN POWER PLANE That Adds Up To 30 Yards Of Brutally Accurate Distance, Of course, not every golfer will enjoy each of these benefits, but hopefully you will see at least a couple of them appear in your game over time. He did say his ball flight was more penetrating especially into the wind using the new swing. For example, players with long and loose swings might have trouble maintaining their rhythm in the wind, but you should have no such issue. Many players, when trying to simplify their swing, become afraid to really turn the club loose through the ball. Your previous content has been restored. My take is that Faldo didn't use his legs in the swing other than to support the upper body rotation, No compression, no extension . In this way Faldo was similar to many of golf's most consistent performers. And until today, he has never trusted anyone with this breakthrough. Nick Faldo, a mainstay of golf broadcasting for the last 16 years, signed off from his final broadcast on Sunday at the Sedgefield Country Club, the site of his PGA Tour debut back in 1979. Cut Off 6-iron, April 11, 2010 in Instruction & Academy. You should have more control over your game as a whole, which means more time will be spent looking at birdie putts as less time is used picking through the trees trying to find your golf ball. We are part of the NBC Sports Group. For. ironing out the fundamentals of the swing. The bottom line is I hit it farther now at 62 using the basic Hogan swing that 90% of these guys on tour use. For more great instruction like this, watch Best Lessons Ever . And when Bob S started using easy tempo, it immediately gave him an extra 26 yards off the tee and shaved 6 shots from his scorecard the first round he played with the technique. Maybe 6+ inches behind the ball on the mat. Amongst many other statements, the 6-time major champ labeled Sergio Garcia as "useless" after the 2008 Ryder Cup and suggested that missing the 2021 Masters would give Rickie Fowler more time to shoot commercials.