It is more open with both restaurant areas now having the same colours and theme. Dinner: 4:00pm 1:00am, Copyright document.write(new Date().getFullYear()) Oceana Grill. Our server Brad took care of us. You can tell from how passive he is after he disappeared but yet still 'out of it'. Three Olives Vodka, bols sour apple pucker, Bols melon Liqueur & a touch of sour mix. These are the best restaurants with outdoor seating in New Orleans, LA: What did people search for similar to restaurants in New Orleans, LA? Thanks Kierra! Save room for one of our delicious desserts. (Its also listed as S4, E14; which might be the original Season & Episode numbers, but its listed as not being available to watch, which probably correlates to Hulu and the episode being excluded.). Too many NO restaurants are doing this as well. Went to this restaurant on May 11th and the food and service was excellent!! Raul Perez, Ultreia, Saint Jacques, Galicia, Spain 2019,17. But overall would recommend.More, Ive been here multiple times and each has been excellent experiences. Taleah and Damon were amazing and so friendly! The food was good. Next episode - Blackberry's. She tells him her bosses are both aggressive, hard to work with and she had been fired four times in 17 months. With entres like our signature Redfish Oceana or the always tasty Blackened Bayou Duck you wont find a better place for a late night snack. martell blue swift vsop cognac, agave nectar, fresh squeezed lime juice, splash of orange juice & topped with grand marnierthe best that money can buy. OceanaCommunity Vodka, Cucumber, Lime, Aperol 22. Topped with fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Oceana was a New Orleans restaurant featured on season 4 of Kitchen Nightmares. I just so happen to be rewatching Kitchen Nightmares and find this out. Holy craziness. All Rights Reserved, Located in the heart of New Orleans at the corner of Bourbon and Conti Streets. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Also, Oceana is at war with Eastasia. Im from New Orleans and am very involved in the local restaurant scene. A full list is available within the "safety precautions" section of this page. The M.Pot. Confirming that you can indeed watch this episode through Amazon Prime Video. and fast service. Three Olives Vodka, Bols Sour Apple Pucker, Bols Melon Liqueur, & a touch of sour mix. Moe then decides to go on a break in the middle of the dinner service. However, Moe is terrible at everything except intimidation. Cuisines Cajun Phone number (504) 525-6002 Website http://www.oceanagrill.com/ Dress code Formal Attire Location 739 Conti St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2220 Neighborhood French Quarter Parking details None Menu served 8am - 1pm View full menu Main Country Breakfast $11.00 two eggs, hash brown, biscuit, grits and your choice of bacon or sausage. fried eggplant rounds topped with shaved grilled ham, grilled tomato, poached eggs, hollandaise and a touch of parmesan. Freshly shucked Louisiana oysters on the half-shell, chargrilled over an open flame, smothered with our unique, zesty Cajun garlic herb cream sauce, and finished with a fresh blend of Parmesan and Romano cheeses. Their oysters, which are kind of a big deal in New Orleans, are among the best of the best. Our server was Damon, he was awesome! First published: 7th January 2014 by Eleanor Fullalove. The restaurant seems to be doing good with good reviews. Gordon says his goodbyes but is worried Oceana will not be open in a years time with Moe in charge. When entering Oceana, you are greeted by our beautiful Bar & Caf, a slightly more casual section of our restaurant, designed for enjoying small bites and cocktails. Marinated white-meat gator tail served fried or blackened. We haveseven themed rooms available for private events,which makes Oceana Grill perfect for everything from an intimate cocktail party to a French Quarter wedding celebration. It is under Season Three, Episode Eleven. He was at the "I luv you mate" stage of drunk. Large buttery pecans, layered on a rich, smooth filling with a hint of Kentucky Bourbon, on a pastry crust, Serves 10. Orleans Brothers 5 American (Traditional) Read Blvd East I am inclined to believe the free drink for good review trade. He was even slower taking our food order. This is so sad. This place is a tourist attraction, in the heart of the FQ that is the one and only reason it is still open. Figo, Extra Dry, Treviso, Italy 19. The food was good. Our traditional Deep South recipe! Not sure about the owners but the hospitality and the food and staff were excellent during my visit. served with sauted vegetables and mashed potatoes. orange, pineapple, apple, cranberry, grapefruit and tomato. This post was last updated in March 2023. Served with jambalaya and sauted vegetables.Add fried crawfish tails for $5 or soft shell crab for $8. large buttery pecans, layered on a rich, smooth filling with a hint of kentucky bourbon, on a pastry crust. Dessert may come in contact with nuts. Guests who visit Oceana Grill can enjoy such items as shrimp crepes, eggs Benedict, steamed oysters, seafood gumbo, alligator sausage, fried catfish sandwiches, deluxe cheeseburgers and more. I really love this place for a quick, easy and cheap dinner or lunch! Spicy chicken sausage in creamy gravy over two fresh biscuits. Erick and Elva at Gohan Restaurant were always very welcoming - and the sushi they served was awesome. They explain that they expanded some time ago into the space. I don't understand the difference in my experience with everyone elses. You see their signs everywhere. ROS. Im deeply surprised this restaurant is still open Good AND bad. Damon was the MVP at serving us. Chargrilled oysters were the best!! Ordered a margarita, a shrimpmeal and a mardi gras pasta and it was delicious. Breakfast rolls topped with our sweet & savory sauce. perhaps you would be enlightened. We had the Taste of New Orleans. All comments are the opinion of the commenter and do not represent the opinions of the website owner. "Our Most Popular Appetizer.". lightly breaded and sauted chicken breast strips simmered with our homemade alfredo sauce with fettuccini noodles. I ate there over the summer and it was great! the "owner" hasnt changed. New Orleans has its own cuisine (Creole), its own music (Dixieland jazz), its own traditions (second line parades), and definitely its own vibe. MICHELIN inspector reviews and insights Okay yeahthe Yelp reviews are super suspicious. "Busy idiot is a complement" was the most hilarious thing I've ever heard, with "my reciepes are kept in my head" a close second. Paul Buisse, Touraine, France 2021, 19. English muffin, Canadian bacon, poached eggs, & homemade hollandaise. fried egg yolk, panko, hollandaise, caviar, Lobster Tostada Those of us who actually live here rather take our business else where, to places to don't serve Restaurant Depot food, yeah that's right, a lot of it isn't even sysco anymore, Restaurant Depot to cut down the costs! Moe comes back as the service is ending and he complains about Gordon. Two eggs, hash browns, grits, a biscuit, & your choice of bacon or sausage. Thank you Damon! Are you sure you want to delete this answer? Add vanilla ice cream for $2. The new owners have vastly improved the restaurant. All Rights Reserved. I may be wrong, but Moe seemed a bit under the influence of an unknown substance, all throughout the end of this show. MALBEC. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. fresh gulf redfish blackened then topped with crawfish etouffe. Maybe I went at an earlier time? Yes, Oceana Grill is taking precautions against COVID-19. Yelp and Trip Advisor audits are generally great, but there was reputed to be an promotion whereby you got a free drink for a survey on Trip Advisor. He is unsurprised that Damon was fired due to his performance on the previous day. Gordon thinks that it is confusing as they look like two different restaurants. It is popular with all kinds of visitors, from mountaineers and winter sports enthusiasts, to gastronomes, wine buffs, and those looking for a city break. Moe is found in the kitchen and reminded to go greet guests in the dining room. Damon was a great server! There is also a problem with vermin as there are signs that they are rats. We ate the sister restaurant Olde NOLA Cookery the night before and both restaurants carry the same basic menu but I would recommend Olde NOLA Cookery over this one because My wife and I came down from Morristown NJ for the French Quarter fest last weekend and I have to say Oceana Grill really took care of us. ALIGOTE. We also open at 8am for breakfast. absolut peppar vodka infused with sundried tomatoes, cocktail onions, olives & spicy green beans with our own bloody mary mix. I would not eat at this restaurant to save my soul. We sit amongst world-famous music venues and vibrant nightlife of the French Quarter. The new owners of Oceana Grill sued Gordon and the production company in 2011 to try and prevent the airing of the show. New Orleans original alligator sausage, with fresh diced bell peppers & onions, topped with our crawfish mushroom cream sauce. Yelp reviews and Trip Advisor reviews are mostly good. See,more, BakeriesVietnameseSpecialty Food$Village de l'Est, Famous for its pastries and king cakes. Gordon asks them to shut the dinner service down as the kitchen is in no state to serve food to customers. I would definitely go back again! Gordon brings in the exterminators when a live mouse runs out and after he discovers they have never had a legitimate cleaning session. Our server Brad was very polite and attentive to our needs. After so many episodes where people handled firing a bad chef by beating around the bush or using euphemisms, it was refreshing. Oceana Grill Claimed Review Save Share 15,670 reviews #2 of 1,145 Restaurants in New Orleans $$ - $$$ American Cajun & Creole Bar 739 Conti St, New Orleans, LA 70130-2220 +1 504-525-3661 Website Menu Open now : 08:00 AM - 01:00 AM See all (4,058) Get food delivered Order online OR Get food delivered Order online Food Service Value Atmosphere Breakfast is served daily from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., so you have plenty of time to dig into a scrumptious meal even if you're a night owl. I'm from NO and have eaten at every restaurant there and I like them best. Thanks for the update! We love him! I almost felt like I was starting to watch the Amy's Baking Company ep when they teed that up. After filming, online posts seem to suggest that nothing had changed. This area features a large raw bar, high top tables, and a beautiful patio that serves everything from chilled, fresh oysters to delicious, dirty martinis. Thank god, the server that brings you your food was fast because everything was piping hot.