Once done, input that in the VD text box and press Save. Driver Easy will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for your exact Oculus devices, and your Windows version, and it will download and install them correctly: Relaunch Oculus Link to test. To fix it, you should perform a thorough scan and repair of your computer. These include: Sometimes, the information change prevents the headset from properly connecting to your account since it may not have the newest updated login credentials. That fake leather is SO much easier to clean then that terrible foam. Side note, Passthrough Shortcut seems to not affect it. If not, move on to the second fix. Archived post. If none of the methods above work, then all theres left to do is shutting down and rebooting the headset. Other things I noticed: Edit 2: it works now. On the menu you can now choose between Record Video, Take Photo, and Cast. However, those same services can also go offline due to server problems or other errors. While the headsets battery can last around three hours, you might be pulled from the experience nevertheless. Before you attempt the following fixes, please make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements for Oculus Link. Once the environment downloads, you can click on it to change your home screen to that environment. go into oculus debug tool and it may/should say 0. If you believe you meet these requirements, keep on reading. The Oculus Link black screen or not working issue can also be driver-related, especially if your graphics driver and USB driver are incompatible, faulty or outdated. I only discovered the passthrough view yesterday and its a great feature. If the problem persists, have a look at more fixes below. The Oculus Quest features hundreds of virtual reality experiences that span many genres. then test with link - check working and no crash. If you're stuck in a game wondering how to go back to the home screen, you're not alone. Here are the controls for the Oculus Quest 2: Now that you know your way around the Quest 2, we can dive into going back to the home screen at any time. I would exit my Razer Cortex first, then run my Oculus, then plug in my link cable, run SteamVR and no crashes. As it goes with setting up anything, Virtual Desktop on the Oculus Quest 2 has a few key requirements users must meet before proceeding further. I select "deny" and then try to "launch" the oculus link from the settings in VR. If you use your Quest 2 for playing SteamVR games, you already know sometimes the official Air Link can cause problems. These are great tips. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Press the Oculus button when you wish to bring up the Oculus Home Screen. Maybe on a not so sunny day or in the shade of a building and stuff like that. Depending on your platform, click on the relevant link, let it install, open it and then follow the steps below. Start up Virtual Desktop on your Quest 2 and follow the steps below to proceed. For more information, please see our But, I will admit that I did not actively follow the game well until we got closer to its official release. Ive been trying for weeks and you just helped me fix it. Virtual Desktop automatically fetches all the VR games from your computer and places them all here. Its suggested you opt out of the Beta mode and heres how: Test if Oculus Link returns to the normal state. Ill try out your suggestions and report back later. Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. Environments take up the entire VR space other than the menu, so picking one you enjoy looking at is essential. Moreover, it is also required that this router itself is connected to your PC using an Ethernet cable for a seamless connection. As for the rest of the settings, you can go about and experiment with them to achieve a customized experience. As a tech enthusiast, she keeps exploring the latest technical trends and effective solutions to PC problems, and enjoys sharing them in her articles. Its still necessary to have a Facebook account before you can use the Oculus Quest 2, though there are plans to remove this mandatory step. You can cast to your smartphone through the Oculus smartphone app, or to any compatible devices on your network like a TV with Chromecast. Heres how: You can even use the Voice Commands (that we shared in tip #2) to say record video, take screenshot, or cast, to quickly do any of these actions in the midst of gameplay. 2. Once done, youll see a detailed report of all the issues on your PC. You may have to download each environment that you want to use since not all of them install automatically. Depending on your platform, click on the relevant link, let it install, open it and then follow the steps below. Dont forget something like VR Covers. Thus, youll find yourself unable to log in. In quest 2 I was logged into my oculus account but not in my Facebook account, so logged in. There are mainly two ways you can update the driver: Manually You can update your devicedrivers manually by going to the manufacturers website and then searching for the most recent correct driver. function runOnFormSubmit_sf3z3ea30215de9922a26ee19009a7e609e78a42d704d2eb1f22a5632efce88fde55(th){/*Before submit, if you want to trigger your event, "include your code here"*/}; Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best headsets for first-time VR users, and its bringing plenty of new users into VR for the first time. Usb 3 cables are notoriously fragile and often break, try using a different cable, even a usb 2 speed cable will work (with less visual quality but still fine) Automatically If you dont have the time, patience or computer skills to update your device drivers manually, you can, instead, do it automatically with Driver Easy. I got an oculus quest 2 and am trying to set up Oculus link with my computer (RTX 2060). Alternatively you can cast to any local computer by visiting Oculus.com/cast in your computer browser. If youre still unsure, then put on your headset and see the name from the Quick Settings tab. Also, whenever you go back to your home space youll be able to see your relative position within your playspace boundary, allowing you to move back to the center in case youve wandered toward the edge (dont be the next person to post a picture of the TV you broke while playing a VR boxing game). document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The BenQ PD2706UA monitor is here, and it comes with all the bells and whistles that productivity users would appreciate. For users who have an AMD dedicated graphics card, here is a guide on How to Configure Switchable Graphics using Radeon Settings. Double tap again to return to VR. When you finish choosing a home environment, you can exit the menu and start enjoying your new home screen's appearance. From the Oculus Home settings, select "Disable Link." I tried Virtual Desktop but it says "headset not found." Be sure to launch the games from within the Quest's Virtual Desktop app. With Passthrough Short enabled, you can double-tap on your headset to instantly toggle the passthrough view on and off to see who is calling your name or where to set your controllers down before you take off the headset. But how does it work and how do you set it up? To do this, hold down the power button found on the right side of your headset until you see the shut down dialog from where you can choose to Restart or Power off. Thankfully, we have already done the job for you and created a dedicated guide on how to play SteamVR games on your Oculus Quest 2. So if youre someone eager to do so, hold your horses just for a bit more and go through the requirements below. Dont worry; there are two more fixes to try. However, some environments may feel more calming depending on your preferences, so it's a good idea to spend some time looking through the large catalog when you change it for the first time. It seems like the usb ports stopping the data flow for a few seconds causing the link process to go back the beginning. thank you bro you're a legend Lol you're welcome. Simply click on the game you want to play using your Quest 2s controller and it will launch immediately. You should now see the familiar Home Screen layout. Upon starting Virtual Desktop, you will see the Accounts screen asking you to input your Oculus Username. To go to the Home Screen, press the Oculus button Hold the Oculus button to reset the controllers' orientation Grip buttons are used to grab objects or make a fist using the VR hands In. Holding the power button down will cause the Oculus Quest to undergo a hard reboot, which can fix many issues like the black screen of death. Another cause of the error is changing your account details. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Notifications, friend requests, and more are all handled in this menu. I was able to get the Link working on my desktop (RTX 2070) with no issues. If you dont or cannot connect even after trying, that means your network is not stable enough. James Corden Says Goodbye in Star-Filled Final 'Late Late Show': "It's Time to Go Home". Simply follow the steps below. Cookie Notice 3. This is NOT your email address but the name you use on your Quest 2. You will find multiple icons on this menu; look for the symbol with a Gear towards the right side of the bar. Sometimes, however, simple things such as exiting an app or game get shadowed by the short tutorial video or the Guardian setup process, which can be breathtaking when you go through it the first time. Should your Home Screen return to normal, then it was probably a bad booting sequence. In Quick Settings click Settings (gear icon) at the top right, On the left of the Settings section select Guardian, Now scroll until you find Passthrough Shortcutand flip the switch, In Quick Settings, click the triangular Voice Commands icon, In Voice Commands, enable Controller Shortcut, (optional) We also recommend disabling Store Voice Commands, In Experimental Features, enable Hey Facebook. Depending on what GPU you have, make sure to select the relevant setting. This will also be useful if you want to play Steam games on your Quest 2 so make sure you have that set up and ready to go. Heres how to perform a factory reset on the Oculus Quest 2: Heres how to perform a factory reset via the Oculus App: Oculus Support is also ready to help if you submit a ticket. I encountered an interesting issue before. If it does not download automatically, please click here. Yes, there are voice commands for the Quest 2. Flew for a few ours this morning and had absolutely no problems. PSVR 2 Review Sony Takes Several Steps Forward for Consumer VR, Quest Pro Review Impressive Hardware With a Value Proposition Thats Kind of, Hands-on: New Reverb G2 Tweaks Make a Solid Headset Even Better, Hands-on: Bigscreen Beyond A Little Headset That Could be a Big Deal, Hands-on: HTCs New Standalone Vive Tracker Effortlessly Brings More of Your Body Into, PSVR 2 Unboxing Close-up with the Final Version of Sonys New VR.