Arrange the chocolate sandwich cookies on top of brownie batter, spacing them out evenly. Chocolate Delight is a layered pudding dessert that looks impressive and tastes amazing, but is so easy to whip up! Thanks so much for your comment. Raspberry Cream Pie. Beat cream cheese with sugar and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. Pour over cream cheese layer. I havent tried it, so I cant say for sure. for the cream cheese layer: This dessert my mom calls four layer delight. text-decoration: line-through; Pour mixture over cream cheese layer; spread with remaining whipped topping. This is a wonderful recipe! In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. These marshmallow-topped cookies taste just like a cozy mug of hot cocoa. Remove from oven; cool about 30 minutes. Have you ever had that one dessert that you just couldnt stop thinking about until you got another piece? Prepare the crust. Its so fun to see what youre cooking! Directions. One bite, and youll know why this chocolate delight is my go-to summer dessert. Transform the classic chocolate sandwich cookies into an elegant dessert. body.custom-background { background-color: #ffffff; } I like to chill each layer before I add the next to give everything a chance to firm up. Wow! Some recipes might call for . Spread over cream cheese layer. THIS was the exact one. Brenda Score is the creator of the food-focused site, a farmgirls dabbles, and feeding people makes her happy! Press into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. All of the steps are simple, but you will want to allow for chilling time, so plan to make this dessert in advance. } cookie, dessert, Ree Drummond, cream cheese, recipe | 22K views, 142 likes, 8 loves, 4 comments, 46 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Food Network: The Pioneer Woman - Ree Drummond's potluck-ready. My grandma always made it too. Combine flour, chopped pecans, and softened margarine or butter until the mixture looks like wet sand. If you're anything like Ree Drummond's husband Ladd, you'll stick to the comfort food classics like his favorite chocolate pudding pie. Hands down best crowd pleaser anytime of year! Most of our low carb or keto chocolate recipes call for unsweetened cocoa powder or unsweetened chocolate bars. It was so amazingly delicious! font-size:16px; Beat in eggs. Thanks. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Country at Heart Recipes is an affiliate of King Arthur Baking, and a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. Im confused about the puddings. *Unless otherwise indicated, all butter used on this recipe site is salted. ul { Yum! How to Make Watermelon Salad With Feta and Mint, Extra-Marshmallow Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispies Bars, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads, Remaining Cool Whip From Cream Cheese Layer. Whisk together chocolate pudding and milk as directed in the package. 1 cup 1 pecans, finely chopped, plus more for garnish, 1/2 cup 1/2 butter or margarine, softened, 1 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened, 1 1/2 cups 1 1/2 frozen whipped topping, thawed, plus more for garnish, 2 2 (4-ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix. Net Carbs are 11% of calories per serving, at 16g per serving. So yummy! Press crumbles in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan and bake at 375 until golden 10-15 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Chill each layer for about 20 minutes in the freezer before adding the nextto give everything a chance to firm up. (16-oz.) Speaking of cookies, we've also made sure to include some of the best Pioneer Woman cookie recipes of all . Using a knife or pizza cutter, slice the dough into 12, 2-inch squares, or as many as your dough allows. **I like to chill each layer before I add the next to give everything a chance to firm up. Together, they love to gather friends and family at the table to share an awesome meal, catch up on life, and play a few games. Stir in the chocolate chips. Prepare the Shortbread Crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Whip together cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 container of Cool Whip and spread onto cooled crust. The whole family loved it and there wasnt a bite left at the end of the evening! Try the over-the-top chocolate-covered ice cream cake or the brookie recipe that combines rich, chocolaty brownies with chocolate chip cookies. Thank the heavens for instant pudding and Cool Whip, amirite? Has anyone tried it with cook and serve? Pour the cheesecake batter over the top of the chocolate sandwich cookies and brownie batter, spreading out evenly. In our book, not much! We are compensated for referring traffic. straight to your inbox. I actually prefer to make it in advance, as the extra time in the refrigerator allows the whole pan to chill thoroughly and firm up. Fold in half of the Cool Whip and mix until combined. Look up a recipe for possum pie, its a southern specialty. All rights reserved. blogherads.setADmantXData({"fetchingDelay":182,"converter":"goose","version":"3.2.21","nwords":483,"url":"https:\/\/countryatheartrecipes.com\/2020\/12\/grandmas-chocolate-delight-dessert\/","valid":"OK","delay":3,"entities":[{"score":9,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"recipe","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":8,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"cream cheese","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":8,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"chocolate pudding","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":7,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"pecan","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":7,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"grandma","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":6,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"prepare","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":6,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"mixture","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":6,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"crust","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":5,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"shortbread","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":5,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"fluff","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":4,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"whipped cream","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":4,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"dessert","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":3,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"country","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":3,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"all-purpose flour","type":"MAINLEMMAS"},{"score":2,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"Prep Time","type":"ORGANIZATIONS"},{"score":2,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"dinner","type":"MAINLEMMAS"}],"admants":[{"score":320,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":6727,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_6727","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_6727"},{"score":66,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":4700,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_4700","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_4700"},{"score":65,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":4284,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_4284","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_4284"},{"score":56,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":7075,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_7075","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_7075"},{"score":56,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":6651,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_6651","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_6651"},{"score":56,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":11587,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_11587","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_11587"},{"score":56,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":11586,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_11586","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_11586"},{"score":45,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":4359,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_4359","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_4359"},{"score":20,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":6896,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_6896","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_6896"},{"score":20,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":6878,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_6878","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_6878"},{"score":20,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":12404,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_12404","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_12404"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":9835,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_9835","segment_type":"Vertical","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_9835"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Avoidance","unique_id":6310,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_6310","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_6310"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":6172,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_6172","segment_type":"Vertical","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_6172"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Avoidance","unique_id":5038,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_5038","segment_type":"Vertical","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_5038"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":4828,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_4828","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_4828"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":4287,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_4287","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_4287"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Contextual","unique_id":4285,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_4285","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_4285"},{"score":10,"targeting":"Avoidance","unique_id":10271,"origin":"ADMANTS","name":"S_10271","segment_type":"Custom","team":0,"type":"ADMANTS","title":"S_10271"}],"categories":[{"score":55,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"desserts and baking","type":"TOPICS","parents":["food and drink"]},{"score":45,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"food and drink","type":"TOPICS"}],"lang":"en","feelings":[{"score":56,"origin":"NORMAL","name":"positive sentiment","type":"FEELINGS","parents":["sentiment"]},{"score":44,"origin":"VIRTUAL","name":"sentiment","type":"FEELINGS"}],"key":"dcde31e32d21f5432ab192ee50f9e0a8ef294bab4778ada95dfabeb949b2b9ce","timestamp":1682987871,"info":"OK"}, "success"); I would serve similar to these mini trifles in this recipe https://www.kimscravings.com/death-by-chocolate-trifle/. I only use the chocolate pudding but over that layer I spread a large can (Comstock size) of raspberry pie filling (I know, more trash products ), I hope you try it this way at least once. Oh yes, you can make that magical mix of smooth, fudge-swirled ice cream sandwiched in a waffle shell and sealed with chocolate. A semi-sweet chocolate ganache is the perfect topping for this smooth peanut butter cheesecake. Some people may know this dessert by another name: S _ _ in a pan, comes to mind. This recipe is a keeper! ***Chocolate Delight can be made up to 3 days in advance. When the pudding is thickened, add it to the top of the cream cheese mixture. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Always my go to for any gathering! Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time, until the batter is smooth. See more Desserts Here. ", Victor Protasio; Food Styling: Chelsea Zimmer; Prop Styling: Christine Keely. Im seriously in love with this. Spread the melted chocolate mixture into the baking pan. Step 1. I like to use lemon pudding sometimes and add coconut to the crust and on the very top.. Were looking forward to making this, but my son is allergic to pecans (and walnuts) do you think it would be fine without those, or would you recommend a different kind of cookie crust? Hey there! https://www.kimscravings.com/easy-cream-cheese-pie/ Im not sure that it will fit a 913, you may have to add a bit more of the cracker crumbles and butter. I sprinkle coconut flakes on top of the coconut. Can't decide between brownies and cookies? Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Ranch Dressings & Dips ($3.29): Frontier Ranch, Spicy Southwestern Ranch. pkg. Press into a greased 13x9-in. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Please stick around and join me on my journey to create healthy, clean and yummy food for myself and my family. It is definitely a delicious dessert! Looks good still, not runny like pudding does, the layers arent bleeding into each other. All rights reserved. I dont recommend freezing because the layers become watery once thawed. press into pan. I thought the one from my childhood had cook and serve pudding instead of instant. This recipe is so so delicious and one that I will definitely make again. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a5103c34e30c49772898e70d45c8a5b7" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || []; Spread the mixture over the cooled crust. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Is there a rating of 10 stars? Grandmas Chocolate Delight Dessert is still a popular hit at our family gatherings with its pecan shortbread crust, chocolate pudding and whipped cream cheese fluff. Ive tried other types of crusts. I adorechocolate desserts with a salty, nutty component. She is a founding co-owner of Laurel Mercantile Co. and Scotsman Co. Can I make the crust cool and then break it into individual servings and continue with layers? Mix together the crushed cookies, melted butter and 1/2 cup of the finely chopped pecans in the . Since it says finely chopped after the measurement of 1 cup pecans, measure 1 cup pecan halves and then chop. Press into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The first step is to make the pecan cookie crust. That white-black-white layered effect is so much fun! } Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter S'mores Contents1 Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter S'mores2 Chocolate Cake in a Mug3 Crazy Chocolate Shakes4 Chocolate Butterscotch Caramel Bars5 Crispy Chocolate Dippers6 Triple Chocolate Tiramisu7 Chocolate Pudding8 Mint Chocolate Truffles9 Ladd's Chocolate Pie10 Chocolate Message Cookies11 Big Chocolate. function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);} Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and the melted butter. I can still remember how we couldnt wait and wed try to chisel that dessert out of the pan and almost bend the fork tines trying to cut into the piece! Chocolate Delight is a layered pudding dessert that looks impressive and tastes amazing, but is so easy to whip up! Delightful is exactly what it is! I always use unsalted, but I dont think it will make a huge difference in this recipe. Loved how the layers make this look fancy, but its actually so easy! Ill definitely be making again this holiday season! Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until . Thank you for subscribing! Pour the batter into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. This recipe is an all-time classic. Some work, some dont. Any equivalent amount of another nut or seed would work. This was incredible! Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight before serving. We loved all the layers! Pour the filling into the crust, smooth the top and bake until the center just barely jiggles, about 25 minutes. Spread chocolate mixture evenly onto cream cheese layer. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Your email address will not be published. Im sure thats the issue. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until crust is set and slightly browned. Made this for Christmas dessert and it was a huge success . Momma would make it and put it in the freezer, letting it freeze solid. It was so easy to make too. Mix instant pudding with milk. In another bowl, beat thepudding with the cold milk as directed on the package (but using only 3 cups of milk). Remove from oven and cool completely. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Pour the filling into the prebaked pie crust. Cool completely. (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature for easier mixing, (3.4 oz) package chocolate instant pudding, Optional: grated chocolate sprinkled over the top. Gather the ingredients. Yum! This chocolate layered dessert is perfect for all of the chocolate lovers in your life! Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox! } I use several variety. Erin Napier is an artist, author, designer, and entrepreneur with a fine arts degree who started her career in corporate graphic design before founding her own international stationery company, Lucky Luxe. All rights reserved | Email: [emailprotected], 5 Ingredient Sausage And Egg Keto Breakfast Casserole Easy Recipe, Vegan Butternut Squash Soup With Coconut Milk, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Sage, Rosemary Recipes, Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Scampi Recipe From Bobby Flay, Cracker Barrel Maple Bacon Chicken Recipe, Casserole Recipes With Leftover Pork Roast, Crock Pot Pork Loin And Sauerkraut Recipe, Costco Pork Medallions Cooking Instructions, Carrot And Coriander Soup Recipe Mary Berry, Cheesecake Factory Caesar Dressing Recipe, Cracker Barrel Maple Glazed Chicken Recipe. Its rich and creamy yet also airy and light. Spread pudding over cream cheese mixture. No matter what the occasion, you can't go wrong with these strawberry desserts. Mix flour, chopped pecans, and margarine together. See Also: Keto Recipes, Low Carb RecipesShow details, Combine flour, butter, 1 cup of pecans and salt then press into the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish. ), No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie With Cream Cheese Filling. Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter on top and use a skewer or butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the chocolate. Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagramwith a picture of your creation. Check your email for your first recipe. Just cookie dough (chocolate chip or peanut butter) pressed into pan and then baked and cooled. Hope you get a chance to give it a try! Be the first to rate this post. A quick trip into the freezer for 20 minutes is enough time to help everything set. Bake for 10 minutes. With layers of crumbly pecans, fluffy cheesecake, silky chocolate pudding, billowy whipped cream, and more pecans on top, this dessert truly is a delight. This is probably because they're so easy, they're practically foolproof. Yay! Pour half the pudding mixture over crackers. .inside-footer-widgets { Beat peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Its the mixutre of the flavorsso creamy.will be making this one again and again! She is the busy mom of two girls and the wife of an outstanding man who enjoys the backyard thrill of his grills. Press into an oblong baking dish (you do not need to grease the pan) and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. pkg. Thanks so much for taking time to comment! Make the cheesecake layer. Prepare the cake mix and bake in a 13 by 9-inch pan according to package directions. Sign up for our newsletter and get our cookbook! Loved all the layers and it was super easy to make! I also love that it can be made days ahead of time, so on the day of your party all you need to do is slice, serve and enjoy! Get Ree's Raspberry Cream Pie recipe. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and set aside to cool. LOVE chocolate desserts and this was no exception superb! This is easiest to mix with an electric mixer. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Press into a deep ungreased 9x11 inch pan--crust should be thin. When it says mix according to package instructions that is referring to the amount of time for whisking. Combine the flour, salt and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Hi, Im making this for our Christmas eve gathering. This is absolutely delicious. Let set in the refrigerator. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until combined. Our collection of decadent chocolate dessert recipes can be made all year roundand some even make for the perfect romantic treat to rival .css-1c1h30u{-webkit-text-decoration:underline;text-decoration:underline;text-decoration-thickness:0.0625rem;text-decoration-color:inherit;text-underline-offset:0.25rem;color:#12837c;-webkit-transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;transition:all 0.3s ease-in-out;}.css-1c1h30u:hover{color:#595959;text-decoration-color:border-link-body-hover;}Valentine's Day chocolates! weight Shaved Dark Chocolate From A Bar Directions For the salted pecan crust: Preheat oven to 325 F. In a medium bowl, combine , See Also: Pioneer woman chocolate candy recipesShow details, Low Carb Lusciousness Ree Drummond is working on some great new ideas for cooking low carb! What do you use to chop the pecans? When it starts to bubble and thicken, remove from the heat. Top with whipped topping and chopped pecans. Start with the crust: Mix the pecans and flour together. Instructions. It was always delicious!! Combine the cream cheese, icing/confectioners sugar, and beat until smooth. In a small bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, 1 cup of the chopped pecans, and softened butter until it holds together into a ball. Whether you're using chocolate in your pantry (check here to answer the question, "does chocolate go bad?") Discovery, Inc. or its subsidiaries and affiliates. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. 4. Spread mixture on cooled crust, set aside. No votes so far! Whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and milk according to package instructions. ). Ive made so many, I dont need a directions. Meanwhile, beat together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth and fluffy. 81 Best Chocolate Dessert Recipes to Satisfy Your Cocoa Cravings. baking dish. I made it for my husbands birthday and he was in heaven! Thats this chocolate delight dessert for me. Melt butter; add to mixture and stir until moist. Check out the many pie recipes, easy sheet cakes, and even some no-bake desserts that are great for when you don't want to turn on the oven. This is SO good and I love that it looks extra special, but is so easy! Your email address will not be published. Bake and cool. For Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk until smooth. I would use Bobs Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free flour. You can keep it simple or dress it up to your heart's content: try whipped cream, fruit, chocolate syrup, or caramel sauce to garnish. My question is its been refrigerated in a sealed container for almost 2 weeks is it still edible? Napier has followed through on her commitment to carry on her grandmother's culinary traditions; while cleaning out her late grandmother's house, she found a vault of Ouida's handwritten recipes stuffed in fruit-shaped canisters. This is a treat youll be sure to make again and again! .broken_link, a.broken_link { The whipped cream that you find in a can is not a good choice for this recipe as it will melt all over the top of the dessert. Press into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Stir in pecans, press into bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and bake 15 minutes, or until golden. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly onto crust. If you look at the photo of the crust in the post, you can see some of the pecans. } It is addictive and no one knows the difference. Make the pudding and spread out on top of the cream cheese layer. This quick and easy no-bake pie is a little slice of heavenespecially when it's too hot to turn on the oven! But the beauty of this recipe is how flexible it is. Get the Chocolate Covered Strawberries recipe. the only thing confusing in the recipe is when you say mix the puddings with three cups of milk but mix according to the box directions and that could mean people think to add four cups of milk to the two packages instead of three instead. Firmly press the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of a 139-inch dish to form the crust. Let the pie set in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Once Baked, the consistency is that of a short bread cookies. Refrigerate for two hours, then serve! Cool completely. Then after an afternoon spent in the heat either picking or hoeing the garden or working cattle all day, shed pull it out. Layered dessert recipes like this are loaded with memories for me: happy celebrations in church basements honoring soon-to-be brides and new babies. Bake until golden brown, 17-20 minutes. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! Optional: For a crispier crust, bake at 350F for 5 minutes. Thanks for another great recipe! I also alternate puddings with seasons. Everyone loved it! I share recipes for people who LOVE good food, but want to keep things simple :). Ive never used Lactaid in a recipe, so I cant say for sure. To make it really stand out on the dessert table, try topping it with whipped cream. And after all, this was my grandmas recipe! ThisLayered Chocolate Pudding Dessert with Salted Pecan Crust is my own little rendition of those retro pans of goodness, with some big nodsto the recipe cards of special people in my life. 3. Copyright 2023 - Country at Heart Recipes. Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes and articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Spread into the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch glass Pyrex baking dish. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. A local restaurant has a dessert with the same name, but instead of a pecan crust they use broken up chunks of chocolate cake on the bottom, and add a layer of mini chocolate chips on top of the pudding. Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip until light and fluffy. Your email address will not be published. Ive never had a problem with this one sticking. Next spread the last tub of Cool Whip on top of the pudding, being careful not to mix with the pudding. I hope you enjoy! Fold in 1 cup whipped topping; spread over crust. Danielle Centoni, 4 ounces (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted, 1 (16-ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided, 2 (3.9-ounce) packageschocolate instant pudding. They're even made with packets of hot cocoa mix! The buttery salted pecan crust is the only layer that sees the inside of the hot oven, and it bakes up beautifully.