The proposal submitted today for your approval is the first example insofar as agricultural statistics are concerned. I look forward to completing this project and eventually witnessing the journey to its success. May you please give me your approval? How to give feedback on business cards easy guide for designers, 4 ways to share interior designs with clients in 2023. Name it, highlight it and explain it thoroughly, so it doesnt get overlooked. However, sometimes please can be misconstrued. Please provide with us the missing equipment as soon as possible. Please click the link that we've sent to this address to post your question to our experts.Ok, I'll check my email. While native speakers generally intuit the subtleties of these usages, new learners of English find it hard to understand that a verb can have one usage with certain pronouns, but a different one with others. Lowest prices Up to 50% lower than other online editing sites. I am not good at remembering difficult words. Respond rather than react - Tell yourself it's just not the right time yet or the wrong match of request and approver, and start looking for or creating the next opportunity. Way forward. It`s ok to use kindly and please when you are writing a letter of approval on your boss,you can also follow this tips: Start by addressing your boss by name and title (for example, Vice President Biden). "May you" does not serve that purpose. From writing requests via email, to submitting them through the field of a ticket template, the principles of what drives their success are the same. It would be better to describe your proposal using steps and attach the relevant information your managers would while considering it. please kindly provide your approval to proceed further? Seeking approval from boss email sample 4. "Do you ever see him anymore"can "ever" and "anymore" be used in the same phrase like this? Which language's style guidelines should be used when writing code that is supposed to be called from another language? ", It helps a lot when doing school work better than grammerly", I don't know, how did I live without TextRanch editors' amazing help! w.addEventListener("load", loader, false); So far, we have considered the approval letter writing process. The project will be embedded with the following milestones [list] with the main aim being towards achieving [goals]. can you please approve This is correct And that part of my question was regarding the meaning and not the grammar. How does one kindly provide someone with equipment? Janice from Accounting came to me in a panic because the local copy Short story about swapping bodies as a job; the person who hires the main character misuses his body. So get it right at all costs. This textRanch for quick revision is a 10/10 for me. Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. seek your approval or seek for your approval? Now think again about how to pursue your manager, stakeholder, or client from a professional channel, most often through but not limited to an email. "Please provide" isn't nearly as rude as you might think. Perhaps by prioritizing purchases, leveraging resources, negotiating down other costs, or selling used equipment. To save you time and worry, heres a guide (with samples) for writing and submitting that one request for approval, which even the most demanding superior would find difficult to refuse. At this point, the administration's plans to reorient NASA are only a proposal that requires Congressional approval to proceed. + Read the full interview, I sometimes wonder if my English expressions make sense clearly and TextRanch helps me a lot in such cases. May we benefit from experience. As always, funding is tenuous, and your boss tells you at lunch that leadership has been brainstorming ways to create products that could be sold to help bring in more money. Harvard Business Reviews Bryan Gardner offers expert guidance in his book The HBR Guide to Better Business Writing. More than 150,000 people like you receive our weekly newsletter to master their English skills! With great anticipation and a tad bit of apprehension. Read more about Martin here. Can you still use Commanders Strike if the only attack available to forego is an attack against an ally? tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s, tag); The asker is stating that they are 'kindly requesting' (which is polite). If you apply these tips, your email to get approval from a manager or superior should be a success! ", Thank you so much. You are correct that you can use other modals to express the idea: Would/Could/Will you get me a cup of coffee, please? How to create and review infographics in under 30 minutes? I often come across the following concluding line: "You are hereby kindly requested to provide with us the missing equipment", I am aware that "You are kindly requested" is a polite way of asking but I personally think kindly had better be used for the addressee, as in "you are requested to kindly provide us". Offer support in the light of obstacles. Department has spent around $1,000 in outsourcing mail merge, paper Leave this page open, and your corrected text will appear as soon as it's ready! Additionally, all businesses have important stakeholders that need to be addressed clearly in your letter because they will also be involved in the proposal. Register to get your text revised right away for FREE . Instead, were checking whether theyre happy and able to deliver whatever were asking for. Prepending "please" is me politely asking you to do something: Please apologize to your mother Combining them signifies that I am being polite and you should be polite: Please kindly apologize to your mother + Read the full interview, TextRanch has been really helpful in improving the flow and repairing the structure of my sentences. With consideration of the projects initial timeline, Ive re-adjusted the milestones in [Project Management Tool]. Asking for approval by email to proceed with, produce or purchase something for work may seem simple, but there's an art to it. is the most popular phrase on the web. To help illustrate the . In most cases, its expected when youre looking to be polite about a request for information of some kind. var s = d.createElement("script"), tag = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? It gets across the same basic idea as "next steps," but it uses clearer and more formal language. I anticipate this project to succeed and effectively bring our aims to reality. w.addEventListener("load", loader, false); Speed up your creative reviews & approvals with Govisually. "you are requested to kindly provide" is not, IMO, a good choice. ", Thank you TextRanch. What would you call an effective approval request? Which language's style guidelines should be used when writing code that is supposed to be called from another language? You are the third person this week to propose You are requested to kindly provide . This has kindly in an appropriate place, as @AndrewLeach has indicated in his comment. We will send you an email to confirm your account. Its always a great idea to add a brief explanation on who contributed where and how the defined goal was or would be achieved. See if its a person or a group of people youre referring to, and if you know them by their first names use that to make it clear whose approval youre looking for. It`s ok to use kindly and please when you are writing a letter of approval on your boss,you can also follow this tips: Start by addressing your boss by name and title (for example, Vice President Biden). Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Any request for approval is essentially a proposal, whether it is for hiring a new employee, booking travel, establishing a new policy, or a software/hardware purchase. + Read the full interview, I love that TextRanch editors are real people who revise the text and provide feedback it makes it so personal. I learned that each month for the past five years, the Accounting Email us, GoVisually | Clock Work Studio Pty Ltd | 2023, These scenarios are common for every business, and youre probably already aware of this never-ending cycle of seeking approval on your. @deadrat You are right. I didn't expect that a real editor, not AI, would check my text. Hi [Manager Name], I would like to join the International Erosion Control Association (IECA) and would appreciate your backing to do so. 3. We cannot add any more work or the team will rebel. He has six years of experience in professional communication with clients, executives, and colleagues. The would / could / will forms don't have this weird loop of asking someone to grant themselves permission. When the placeholders X and Z are the same person "you", this becomes a request for someone to grant themselves permission. Why is it necessary to have a process for approval? equipment". In-depth corrections and comments from a senior editor. With GoVisually Share, its absolutely free! ;)". May I be as rich as Donald Trump The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. Alternatively, I imagine if you said "Can I please have your approval", most native English speakers would not detect anything wrong with the sentence, but some might have a problem with it. Get it corrected in a few minutes by our editors. Use " Dear Mr. " or " Ms. " followed by their last name. It's that persuasive skill that matters when it counts most. Infographics are the most effective way to communicate visually! This answer closely relates to: Kindly provide me with your final version of the apprisal Please provide your approval if you are okay with the changes Please provide your approvals for change Anonymous 5 1 Mobile connect to world tech rear monitor why not connect video. The following list of steps will help you to remember the five elements mentioned Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI. This gives me more confidence that the context will be correct, which is hard to trust with auto-correction apps", A real person editor is much2 better than a software editor. To me, we kindly request implies that we are requesting, but also specifies we are doing so in a friendly and polite manner, rather than in a more demanding and insisting manner, which makes perfect sense to me. ", This app is even better than grammarly! Use follow up questions to keep the dialogue going - For example, What part of the proposal gave you pause? or Would you have a clearer idea about the budget closer to the end of the fiscal year? or What can I do to help you convey the importance to your superiors?. May in the first person ("May I," "May we") can be used to express: May I leave now? "Signpost" puzzle from Tatham's collection. Moving. Why are players required to record the moves in World Championship Classical games? My priority is to cut costs and your idea is going to Want to improve your English business writing? How do you word your notes in the ticket to convey the importance of making the right choice and convince them to finally cough up the dough for the new server? In order to post your question we need your email to notify you when the response will be available. Regarding the above statement, I'm not trying to say that "Can I please have your approval" is a correct sentence, merely that many people use it here, despite the fact that it is incorrect for most contexts. I agree with @z-- that You are kindly requested to is preferable to You are requested to kindly, and I dont see how you find support for the opposite view in Andrews comment. Here, impatience and rudeness are made apparent. me. I have attached the file/ [link to a project management software] for you to review and suggest any final changes you would like to make so we can proceed with the next steps. It will accelerate the approval process and give the managers a clear understanding of the context. Indeed, in 'would you kindly just give up your seat for my great-grandmother', kindly and just are two of the hedging devices (pragmatic markers subset politeness) (the third device is the would you construction) (and the fourth, the winning smile).Kindly (which some insist is still adverbial here!) @JanusBahsJacquet Equally, what does "kindly request" mean? You can easily categorize your projects and leave feedback in real-time for better and smoother collaboration. Here you can set your new address email. With a brief statement, state the benefits your stakeholders or organization will procure by completing this project as a bottom line. Save fancy introductions for college papers and novels. "To provide with us the missing equipment" is incorrect or rather, it is equivalent to "to provide the missing equipment with us," which is probably not what was intended. What is Wario dropping at the end of Super Mario Land 2 and why? Get in line. Cost-saving strategy - The more money you can save without sacrificing quality, the more interest you'll receive in your idea. s.src = "https://cdn.iubenda.com/iubenda.js"; If you dont mind, could you give me a little more information? Lukewarm responses mean it's time to reevaluate the idea behind your request, the way it's written, and/or your audience. It has been an awesome way to improve my English skills. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. They are an essential part of any professionals arsenal. estimated time: 30 minutes,directly in your inbox. Start with what you need But sticking to the same old, , Are you an interior designer looking for faster and more efficient ways to get your designs approved by clients? and other batch processes, and invest in two new commercial printers We request to seek your approval on above or We seek your approval on above ? Free and automatic, this tool compares phrases. to equipment failure. As regards the first part of your question: You are kindly requested As you correctly say, this is intended to be polite, but the kindly is in the wrong place. Get your English checked! More synonyms. Alina Zahid Khan is a storyteller, brand strategist, and growth manager at GoVisually. If we can't get a solution by then I will call you to . By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. This small investment of $1,000 could easily save the company $1,000 where its at. - Is that grammatical? Is "I didn't think it was serious" usually a good defence against "duty to rescue". And what better way to , Business cards are often the first impression of your brand. and efficiency. Love the feedback from the editor. However, writing these emails can require significant time, use valuable resources and delay communication. Personalize your pitch with an anecdote drawn from your own experience. 3. when youre sending in a request for approval, it showcases your professionalism and ability to support the proposal confidently. Privacy Policy(function (w, d) { It's the best online service that I have ever used! To answer your second and easier question first: provide us with is correct provide with us is not 'lame' it is plain wrong! We use "provide" when asking for information or data to be given to us by the recipient of the email. The owners, who believe the idea will energize the All-Star Game, need the players' approval to proceed. Visual content has become increasingly important to capture your audiences attention. We should be grateful if is less urging to me because no actual, direct request is madethe provision is put into a hypothetical situation, rather than in a direct request. seekint your approval for further process is the most popular phrase on the web. GoVisually is the #1 online proofing software to get visual feedback on Designs, PDFs & Video content. Im interested to see what weve got to work with. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Secondly, I think "provide us with" is correct and "provide with us" is lame. Folder's list view has different sized fonts in different folders. In-depth corrections and comments from a senior editor. You need to add a payment method to get our special promo , Enter your email below to get instant access to the first Chapter of our Ebook, We're so happy that you liked your revision! Subject #2: Request for project proposal approval from [project] manager. The editors' comments are helpful and the customer service is amazing. It's illogical, but if you ask why, the answer can only be "because English". For this reason, we might feel more secure removing please entirely from the phrase and just focusing on the provide portion of it. As a non-native speaker, I always have second thoughts about my expressions. A complete search of the internet has found these results: kindly provide your approvalsis the most popular phrase on the web. She loves creating value-driven content for creative professionals.Want to write for us? competency in Accounting staff, boosting morale as well as productivity But reconsider my question with respect to above comment o mine. As regards the first part of your question: As you correctly say, this is intended to be polite, but the kindly is in the wrong place. Your text is being reviewed by one of our Experts.We will notify you when your revision is ready. in "you are requested to kindly provide us". to ensure that your creative project meets the quality standards and. Start with a clear description of the purpose, Use facts and attach all relevant documents, With consideration of the projects initial timeline, Ive re-adjusted the milestones in [. I love it! Continue with Recommended Cookies. "Provide" is a great alternative to "please provide." Removing the "please" is the first step to making it the most professional and polite business greeting. If this is the case, youll be better off with one of the synonyms we provided above. 2. Why did US v. Assange skip the court of appeal? A better action model is to use a faster online review and approval software GoVisually. ", Thank you so much. Grammar correction is excellent because the meaning is retained. Excel and Word to automate some of these tasks, and technologies Now, were simply asking whether someone is capable of doing something for us, and whether theyre happy to give us what were asking for. Define your purpose for the request right at the beginning and give a detailed description of the why and how of what youll be doing. Fastest Times Our team of editors is working for you 24/7. Thank you !! As I read Andrews comment, he is simply describing what the meaning of the later placement of kindly is, not endorsing it. The deal would then be put to shareholders, requiring majority approval to proceed. Providing this training program will also increase Word and Excel Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Thanks, "kindly requested" vs "requested kindly" & "provide with us" vs "provide us with", Improving the copy in the close modal and post notices - 2023 edition, New blog post from our CEO Prashanth: Community is the future of AI, Perception of the phrase "kindly let us know", Provide proof or provide a proof (mathematics). but I personally think kindly had better be used for the addressee, as These scenarios are common for every business, and youre probably already aware of this never-ending cycle of seeking approval on your project timeline. I guess we understand the phrase differently, then. It only takes a minute to sign up. It has been an awesome way to improve my English skills. estimated time: 30 minutes,directly in your inbox. What's the best way to pitch your idea? As an interior . tag.parentNode.insertBefore(s, tag); In the case of efficient project management, long threads of emails prove to be extremely unproductive and time-consuming. ", I love how the editors make my work so much better. })(window, document); 2023 TextRanch, LLC. Improve your English! Address the recipient professionally Approval requests are sent to those who make final decisions, so it is best to address them professionally. More than 150,000 people like you receive our weekly newsletter to master their English skills! Fresh content for your texts, so you can be more professional. Could you give is polite and reasonable, which works better than please provide.. As stated before, defining your objective is the most crucial part of this whole tandem. Her background is in website development, graphic design, career development, project management, entrepreneurship, technical writing, and journalism. It gives people a chance to consider their options, even if they have to give us the thing theyre working with. Still, you dont know how to declare it to your contractors in an impressive way. First, well show you a good way to use it: As you can see, please provide is perfectly acceptable here. + Read the full interview, Michel Vivas, Senior Technology Officer, TextRanch is amazingly responsive and really cares about the client. Review and finalize creative assets faster with GoVisually. 2. Awesome tool! })(window, document);Cookie Policy(function (w, d) { "Please" works to make us sound polite while making a request. }; MIP Model with relaxed integer constraints takes longer to solve than normal model, why? We hope these tips and samples helped you create your very first or the very best of your request for approval. Situation #1: Project proposal needs approval Project proposals may need approval both internally and externally. I don't claim to be "an expert" on the subject, but I think this is why the phrase in your title "doesn't sound right" while the would / could / will alternatives do. w.attachEvent("onload", loader); Could you give works well because could you allows us to stay polite. So, when is it sufficient to use please provide in place of any of the above. A complete search of the internet has found these results: We need your approval to process the payment. It is often a thankless job.. Myndbend Process Manager functions as everything from a change management app for new hires, to controlling IT releases. Anything from asking for more resources to finalizing a task requires a lengthy process of sending requests for approval. If were using please to pressure someone into delivering, then its likely that there are better options in this list. Supply works well on its own without the worry of please making it seem like a more impatient phrase than it needs to be.