Detectives believe they have Rebecca dead to rights. The murder weapon was found wrapped in a plastic bag under the passenger seat of Rebecca's car parked in the driveway. Spaulding. Fenton says: There was no way to explain some of this and it did look peculiar to say the very least. Sgt. "We wanted to make sure everything was completely investigated.". Hasty. But they don't have a scrap of evidence until they locate Larry's missing Jeep Cherokee two days later, just a block away from the house. This was when she realized the house had been robbed and then called 911. "It was the money. Has her murder news covered on Wikipedia? Fenton told Clearwater police that she was working out in the detached garage of the home when she heard something falling off the roof. Rebecca is also surprisingly unapologetic. Additionally, new technology for assessing guilt or innocence during 911 calls had become available, allowing Detective Hasty to listen again to the language Rebecca used in her call, which he believed pointed to guilt. The case involving Fenton, who was convicted of gunning down her husband on Super Bowl Sunday in 2008, isn't as clear cut as it first seems. I tried to take his pulse at first," said Rebecca. The Fentons married in November 2004. However, she was found guilty by the jury and sentenced to life in prison with no parole. they officially took vows in Clearwater, Florida, and later recited in the same city. Kerri Spaulding. "How much blood was around him?" A gunshot residue examination of Rebecca came back negative. All Rights Reserved. Spaulding. "Rebecca is very bright and very well read and has plenty of time to think about this and covered every angle. But the fire was suspicious and high-profile enough to get the attention of cold case investigators who had been assigned to re-examine her husband's murder. Piers, who spent 90 minutes with Fenton, was impressed by her but ultimately was convinced by Mike Hasty, the cold case detective who re-examined evidence. I just came in from the gym," Rebecca Fenton says in her call to 911. She had no financial motive to kill Larry. Is Rebecca Fenton released. "I believe that if Rebecca didn't do it herself, she certainly arranged to have it done," said Det. Adolescent Medicine fellow @luriechildrens & anti-oppression health activist. But it still piqued the curiosity of investigators. On February 3, 2008, the police were called because Larry Fenton was shot several times in the upper body. And investigators saw another red flag in news footage shot by a local TV crew at the crime scene. She is currently behind bars at the Lowell Correctional Institution in Florida, which is where she met Piers for their Killer Women interview. But, as the investigation unfolded, Rebecca caught the attention of the police and other aspects suggested this was not a burglary gone wrong. As per her birth date, she belongs to the Taurus zodiac sign. But three years after marrying, on Super Bowl Sunday 2008, Rebecca phoned police and said shed arrived home in the afternoon after exercising in the couples detached garage nearby to find Larry lying in a pool of blood on the floor of their home. The case was blown wide open when an ex-boyfriend of Rebecca came forward with some information. They enjoyed an upmarket lifestyle, thanks to Larrys well paid job as a pharmaceutical rep, which allowed Rebecca to own a beautiful home, car and wardrobe full of good clothing. Soonly after they began their romantic relationship. And, ironically, it was Rebecca herself who leads detectives to just what they're looking for. A few years later, her ex-boyfriend detailed the abusive tendencies he was victimized by during their relationship to the police, including a time when she threatened his life with a knife. Rebecca was incarcerated at Florida Women's Reception Center in Ocala, Florida. "I can't. "I looked into his eyes, and I kept saying his name. detectives ask her. Rebecca Fentons husband belonged to Woodbury, New Jersey. If you took away one single piece of evidence, does the case fall apart? Rebecca says Larry was the handsome prince she'd been waiting for all her life: a successful architect who'd gone on to make his fortune in the surgical equipment business. "It really wasn't any one thing. Larry wasn't stabbed, he was shot," said Rebecca. I have never seen so much blood in my life and I could see from where I was standing that my house had been ransacked. Detectives questioned the authenticity of her grief, why shed run out of the house after finding Larry if she thought there was a chance he was alive, and why she went upstairs in the home if she worried an intruder had ransacked the place and shot her husband. I think they came down the stairs and they had that gun in their hand, and I think somebody panicked," said Rebecca. An autopsy found Larry had been shot in the back, arm and neck. "It seemed to me like a lot. And despite her 2015 conviction for her husband's killing, she still admits no part in it. Detectives discovered the gun was owned by Larry and Rebecca, who said it was kept in the couple's bedroom. While the police believed she might have taken a shower or worn gloves, they did not have enough to arrest her. "Rebecca was on video laughing and joking," said Det. After six years of murder, Rebecca Ayn Fenton was caught for her crime in 2015. Authorities determined that the bullets had been fired from Larry Fenton's revolver. The only loot found in the abandoned Jeep is some costume jewelry, a jar of coins, Larry's iPod and his laptop computer, leaving detectives asking themselves why any bandit wouldn't at least make off with that. LARGO Police always suspected Rebecca Ayn Fenton killed her husband Larry in 2008, but they weren't able to arrest her until last year. Detective Hasty verified Nolen's remarks with Nolen's nephew and his nephew's girlfriend, who both claimed Nolen had told them the story. ", "I think there is no independent corroboration of these statements," said Tizzard. Full story: https://crimewatchdaily.com/2018/02/01/fractured-fairy-tale-rebecca-fenton-convicted-of-murdering-husband-speaks-out/ #DailyMystery It looked like somebody just took their hand and just knocked the books of the shelf onto the floor. "The officers are not joking with her," said Hasty. He found Nolens nephew, Douglas Ferdinando, and Ferdinandos girlfriend, Nicole Jacobs. "We definitely thought that some of the things that she was saying and doing didn't quite add up," said Clearwater Police Sgt. Manager, Facilities at Brevan Howard . Rebecca Fenton, who was found guilty of murdering her husband Larry in 2015 six YEARS after it happened in Clearwater, Florida. We also may change the frequency you receive our emails from us in order to keep you up to date and give you the best relevant information possible. "No I didn't. Is Rebecca Fenton released now? Rebecca Fenton: With Piers Morgan, Rebecca Fenton, Deeann Athan, Mike Hasty. Hasty. As shown through the investigation, the prosecution had a strong case going into the trial. There was little Rebeccas legal team could do to fight back, so the trial had a reasonably obvious result. Join Facebook to connect with Rebecca Fenton and others you may know. The chilling trailer sees the Good Morning Britain host travel to Lowell Correctional Institution in Florida to meet Rebecca Fenton. Kerri Spaulding. 20162022 Characters Wiki Copyright all rights reserved, Kylie Murray Death - Everything On Lake Forest Plane Crash Wiki, Photos- Who Is Josiah Kassahun? The judge sentenced her to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Is She Released? But there's something about herself that Rebecca Fenton would rather not talk about. I didn't know if Larry had fallen down the stairs, if he had been shot, if Larry had been stabbed. Rebecca Fenton, 49, was found guilty of the first degree murder of her husband Larry, 57, who was discovered dead in a pool of blood at their home in Clearwater, Florida in February 2008. There will be some viewers who will think 'maybe she didn't and that makes a really interesting programme. "Despite all the knocks against him is the fact that he had told other people about this before he even knew that police were even going to come ever to talk with him," said Det. Around two days after the murder, the car was found about a block away. And Rebecca doesn't deny it. I walked into my house at approximately 4.30-5 Oclock in the afternoon and I found my husband.. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. Age And Bio - Net Worth And Job, Instagram- Too Hot To Handle . But his life came to a fatal conclusion in February 2008. June 22, 2017. I think you can tell on GMB when someone is being shifty.. All that is true," said Det. She has also been the owner of Rainbow's End Consulting for over 25 years and has completed contracts for a wide . By the end of the interview, Fenton is in tears and Piers does not hold out much hope for Piers' appeal. He was watching Tiger Woods (on TV) and then was going to take a nap and watch the Super Bowl later that evening. Piers meets Rebecca Fenton, who was found guilty of murdering her husband Larry Fenton in 2008. For a start, investigators found it hard to believe that any intruder would choose to break into a house on this particular day at this particular time: Super Bowl Sunday afternoon, when most people are home waiting to watch the big game -- including Rebecca and Larry. Nevertheless, the proofs found had directly hinted towards her. And this cannot be happening," Rebecca says. But they developed a theory that Larry Fenton had fallen victim to a fatal love triangle. She further defended herself that she is a victim of this crime. I think there was a warped sense of control in all of it," Rebecca tells Crime Watch Daily. They met at a gym and after a whirlwind three month romance, they got engaged and married within a year. But looking it from the other end we had no cause for divorce, Fenton says when quizzed about this. "The suspect would have to enter the residence, go up the stairway, mysteriously find the gun that's hidden in a bedroom drawer, come back downstairs, kill Larry, and then ransack the apartment, steal odds and ends, and then move it all to the Cherokee, take the Cherokee, drive it around the block and then abandon it," said Sgt. Suddenly the one-time nurse's aide was enjoying all the luxurious trappings of being a spoiled "real housewife" of Clearwater. I did not commit this crime. "With five spent casings in it. And Larry's Jeep was missing from the driveway. Hasty. So you're saying the only reason why he came forward with this information is to try to help himself? There was nothing sexual between us," said Rebecca. "That's when I was on the news with a smile on my face," said Rebecca. She is either the best liar ever or the victim of a grotesque and extraordinary miscarriage of justice and this week on ITV you can decide which is true. Hasty. The authorities also thought that a burglary on a night when most people would be at home watching the football game was a tad peculiar. Rebecca Fenton insists she didn't kill her husband, Rebecca Fenton who was found guilty of her husband Larry, Piers Morgan with convicted killer Rebecca Fenton, Piers questions the truth of what killer Fenton says. "Like I was in shock, didn't even really know what I was doing," said Rebecca. Daniel Laurie Parents Wikipedia Jane Laurie And Leslie Grantham Son Wiki, David Skelton Wikipedia Author Age Net Worth And Wife Family Wiki, Denise Gay Murder Wikipedia Where Is Martre Coles Killer Now? Rebecca noticed that the house had been ransacked and then called 911 to report the same. The big question is did Fenton, 49, really shoot her husband dead with five bullets? Five shots were fired inside the house," said Det. "Inside the bag was also jewelry that Larry always wore, there was a key to the gun case, and also keys to the Cherokee that had been missing," said Sgt. "But we didn't want to pigeonhole ourselves or jump the gun too quickly that the wife did it," said Sgt. As per her birth date, she belongs to the Taurus zodiac sign. S2 E1- Rebecca Fenton June 21, 2017 43min TV-14 For six years, she seemed to have gotten away with cold-blooded murder. Although police had begun to build evidence against Rebecca, what they had wasn't enough for the state to prosecute. As always you can unsubscribe at any time. Terms of Use | I had to learn how to be married. Contact Tony Marrero at tmarrero@tampabay.com or (727) 893-8779. "I'm going to say right after we tied the knot," said Rebecca. And they cut his charges for him," said Rebecca. He achieved success in the medical device manufacturing industry, allowing him to grow a moderate amount of wealth. She. "I thought there was definitely something off with the 911 call," said Sgt. Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments. Soonly after they began their romantic relationship. "She's just adding things that weren't being asked of her," said Det. What is the Update 2021 on the case? They were not able to prove we were unhappy. We use your sign-up to provide content in the ways you've consented to and improve our understanding of you. Despite her 2015 conviction for her husbands killing, she still admits no part in it. In the first series, he interviewed Erin Caffey. However, Piers believes, after spending time with Rebecca and assessing all the evidence, he thinks Rebecca is probably lying. Since she had not been arrested or tried based on any of the evidence previously discovered, it could all be used against her.