They gave her the option to cancel within 72 hours, and when she did, they told her that she can not cancel the contract verbally and needed to submit in writing. Safe Haven would like to extend our apologies Dear Better Business Bureau, Please accept this as Safe Haven Security Services, LLC (Safe Haven)s formal response to the complaint made by ******* *****. As far as I'm concerned I shouldn't have to pay for anything I'm not getting so I guess my next step is to contact the CT Attorney General's office to see what can be done as I live in CT. If you are active on your smart phone. We would like the system removed and we would like to cancel the contract without any further payment owed to them. Self-monitoring surveillance systems are more flexible and cost-effective security options, which allow you to see what is going on at your home via free app and Client and receive instant alerts when there are suspicious events without paying monitoring fees. They have called our home at 7am and 9pm, and have since denied that they did so. Rechargeable Battery Reolink Go/Go Plus, Alternatives to Monitored Security Systems with Contracts, cancel security monitoring contracts with alarm company. 6 months later (June 2006), they sent a letter to our new residence claiming we owed them $914 + interest and late fees. So, to get free from a security monitoring contract, you may propose a cancellation with proper notice when the signed agreement on home security service is about to terminate. You can buckle under and pay a lesser amount and sign a new 5 year contract, you can hire an attorney and go through the leagal hoops at great cost and live with no credit until it gets settled, or you can go through life with a credit score that won't allow you to purchase a happy meal on credit. Run, not walk, away from this company! Please limit your input to 500 characters. WebSafe haven laws are laws that allow any person statutorily defined by law, usually parents, to abandon an unharmed newborn baby at any location permitted by law. We have been unable to sell our property and are still being charged monitoring for a house that is vacant. 216 complaints closed in the last 12 months. What if she really had fallen and been injured. We appreciate the Better Business Bureau or The date that you want to end home security contracts, The termination reasons (if you want to get out of a security system for causes, you need to specify it so as to reduce and avoid early termination fees). Please do not include personal or contact information. Cases involving agreements to pay a specific amount of money (promissory notes, loan and credit card agreements, checks, etc.). Safe Havens representatives have been working diligently to address the The couple asked to cancel over the phone, then sent a letter, but the company continued to mail them monthly bills. Well we thought that was the end. I have contacted NYS AG office and joined in the suit again SFS. (Matthes Mitra, Renea). Upon further examination I noticed that the installer cut a chunk out of my doorframe, damaging my door. I WILL cancel my contract early and I WILL NOT PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT I DO NOT HAVE. We are more than satisfied with the service we received from your organization. Thank you for your We ignored these letters until we received one on March 1st of 2007 where they threatened to take legal action against us unless we paid them $3580.30 which they claimed was only a portion of the back balance owed ($1433.22). Boston Attorney General Maura Healey announced today that her office filed a lawsuit and obtained a preliminary injunction from a Suffolk Superior Court judge against Safe Home Security Inc. and its CEO and owner over allegations that the company repeatedly broke the law by harassing consumers and charging for services it never provided. Signed on 10/8/19 by District Judge Ortrie D. Smith. According to the customers, even when they told Safe Home Security that their service wasnt working properly, the company told them they were still locked into a contract and had to pay. Pretty much everything I see here is contract related. Safe Haven received an additional service request ticket issued from *** on 3/9/2023 regarding similar errors continuing, but upon speaking with the consumer he confirmed the issue had been resolved. WebSafe Haven Security Services, Inc., No. And as far as issues with equipment, the companies that install it aren't responsible for the quality of the equipment. the company has 5 days to pull a permit and can be fined and loose thier license.Again even a wireless system has a power wire and requires a permit. Second, you give us the account information to automatically debit. The person who opened such a bank line of credit for that amount used the wrong email and address so I never received any bill and thus it affected my credit rating significantly. If you need assistance, please Contact the Attorney General's Office at (617) 727-2200. apologies for all frustrations the consumer has endured throughout this matter. We had a contract with Safe Home Security, Inc in 2002. We moved out of our New England home in 6/07 and are STILL getting bills from them. Steer clear of them! On February 20, a lady from Safe Haven came to our home. Top-requested sites to log in to services provided by the state. We have had to pay late fees, monthly charges, etc. My wife called to cancel do to me losing my job and was told the only way to do that was to pay the remaining balance off for the contract. Also, they may not allow you to take every piece of surveillance equipment with you, and some even require you to purchase a new security system. She said as part of the insurance process if we got ADT, *********** will pay for the equipment and give us a monthly discount. I sent them a letter stating that I was going out of business and needed to cancel the service. I just got off the phone with them again, this time demanding a 350 termination fee for a contract that we didn't even sign. Well guide you through the process. I WILL BE CONSULTING WITH AN ATTORNEY TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO KEEP THEM FROM HARMING ANYONE ELSE. They have been rude and abrasive and several of their "collectors" barely speak English. I called the customer service line and talked to the agent who answered my call and told her what happened she said she would reach out to the tech supervisor to see about scheduling something still for that evening. consideration. Safe Haven would like to extend our apologies for all frustrations the consumer has endured throughout this matter. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER YOU. Does anyone have any knowledge of this? it will happen to you too VERY HAPPY CUSTOMER. To close the account they claimed we would have to pay them $1562.19 and send them a cancellation letter by 06/04/2007 otherwise the account would roll over for another 36 months. Safe Haven can be reached Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 7 PM central time. Well be happy to work with you to resolve it. they would be subject to the associated early termination fees outlined on page I don't understand why the state of CT can't shut them down. Please post any suggestions! and offered a service appointment with trip fees waived to assess damages with valued at one months worth of services. So, to avoid paying for the services that you have canceled, contact the alarm companies and ask them to offer you a confirmation letter stating the proper cancellation of home security contracts. They researched it and all removed it from our CR's. system operating functions were to her liking. Now they have sent me a bill through the mail. We will use this information to improve this page. response to the complaint made by ****** *****. When I explained I was never sent a notice and/or reminder that I would automatically renew they stated that is not how it is done. Use this button to show and access all levels. Note that how to change home security contracts depends much on your alarm companies. We left the home with the equipment still installed but deactivated the account. This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback. Safe Haven last visited the consumer on 3/28/2023 in which she confirmed the resolution she chose sufficed addressing her concerns. Once logged in, you should poke around and check things out. Help? 844 413 1920 Phone Operator Hours: 8am I worked for a corp that had safe home security. SAME AWFUL EXPERIENCES AS EVERYONE ELSE. I don't understand why it's taking so long either. Safe Haven customer support offered to schedule a service call and advised the tech would have equipment with him in case she chose to swap the device that was installed for something else. Whats next? We had technician out once to fix it, but the issue persisted. I haven't wanted service for the last 2 years! You can also check the latest events with your system, order window decals or a sign, make a one time payment or go paperless. Even the manager and regional manager were involved. This money paid for the state to fulfill records requests. consumers outlined within the Notice of Cancellation document. You are able to get out of a security system contract, but NOT at the expense of your home security. We thank Mrs. Thomas for allowing I was home at 5:00 and we never received a phone call and no tech ever came. Other states have made similar databases public, but Utah requires people who want to see these records And why would you not inform your customers that their contract is approaching its renewal term why sneak it in? The consumer acknowledged the resolution satisfied They continued to take money from my account until I place a ACH Stop payment on them. If you are trying to get out of your contract, 1st take your contract and check the installers name and make sure they were licensed in your state.Even a wireless systems in Conn. and Ma. i signed a contract for the installation of the equipment and with that information the installer opened a bank line of credit for $532 for the equipments. They are aweful to work with. After reviewing the account, Safe Haven is unable to issue the consumer a refund. Safe Haven is an Authorized Dealer of ADT permitted to sell and install ADT monitoring services. Safe Haven has does not have authority over ADT billing or the monitoring services. (Hartford, CT) Attorney General William Tong and Consumer Protection Commissioner Michelle H. Seagull announced today the filing of a $5 million stipulation judgment against Safe Home Security and its president David Roman after the Middletown-based company repeatedly failed over many years to comply with court-ordered Safe Haven sets a high standard for ourselves and are truly sorry to hear that this standard was not met in the consumers experience with us. consumers experience with us. More recently provided me with a new Router system to resolve the issues stating that this would fix the problem. DON"T do business with these people or allow them to prey on your elderly loved ones, please. Even 1 day too late can give them a chance to renew your contract. Case Details The consumer inquired about the fee and was advised of the contract terms and consequences of the balance being forwarded to an outside collections agency in the event she chose not to pay. However, BBB does not verify the accuracy of information provided by third parties, and does not guarantee the accuracy of any information in Business Profiles. direct contact information to pay the balance. but the consumer advised her ADT agent told her that the fees would still apply When they told me I would be charged the monthly charges even if I terminated early in September, 2017 then I will still pay the charges until March of 2018. *Some consumers may elect to not publish the details of their complaints, some complaints may not meet BBB's standards for publication, or BBB may display a portion of complaints when a high volume is received for a particular business. In an attempt to provide resolution for the consumer's concerns. Once the contract is signed, you need to bear a monthly fee for professional monitoring that ranges from $14.99 to $34.99. What if the alarm companies refuse to do so since they dont provide service in the area where your new apartment locates? Safe Haven would like to thank the consumer for accepting our resolution efforts The sales team was professional and the service installers were nice and courteous. But we continued to pay for it because neither the alarm company nor the bank would discontinue the payouts.. They also stated they will put me in collections. They replaced my cameras and I was still having issues. Editors Tip: If you send a letter to cancel an alarm contract via mail, dont forget to count the mailing days as well. She said she noted in their system that she agreed that no charge would be given to us and that she could schedule someone to come the next day, Wednesday, March 15th. I made the payments, as I have done for all her other bills, and we contacted the company and told them the story and were told that we would be sent a final bill. Public Records Policy. I will find out who they have relationships with and who is the parent company and go after them. On 12/20/2022 SAFE HAVEN SECURITY, INC filed a Contract - Debt Collection lawsuit against JEFF DANIEL. Once the contract is signed, you need to bear a monthly fee for professional monitoring that Haven Security Services, LLCs (Safe Haven)formal response to the WebIf you cant find what youre looking for below, feel free to contact us with your issue. I have all the paper work from day one, I have the original cancellation letter, I have the verification letter from them telling me the service was cancelled and still I'm dealing with this. We have had our panel and system down for over 3 weeks now. The AGs Consumer Protection Division enforces laws to protect consumers from fraud, deception, and other unfair business practices. We had no problems with anyone, including her cell phone, her digital cable, her internet and her home warranty companyexcept Safe Home Security. They questioned my mental state for signing a contract without reading it! Share your ideas in the comment below to help out the new readers who are facing the same problems! Generally speaking, a termination letter, regarded as a form of proper notices, is more preferable. I know what I have to do to get out of it because it says it in the contract. I called *********** on March 5th to let them know how terrible their service is. I have reached a resolution at least over the phone. I was dissatisfied with the SafeHaven and ADT service. 2020) Court Description: ORDER AND OPINION (1) GRANTING THE PARTIES' MOTION TO APPROVE COLLECTIVE ACTION SETTLEMENT, AND (2) GRANTING IN PART AND DENYING IN PART PLAINTIFFS' APPLICATION FOR ATTORNEYS' FEES (Re: Doc. When purchasing everything i told him about my needs for the 24/7 cameras so i could make sure everything was secure at the business. Safe Home Security - there is no out of the contract! Please limit your input to 500 characters. the complaint, Safe Haven received a notice from ADT advising of the consumers working with the consumer on resolution assistance towards her concerns. It is impossible, even if you do jump through all the hoops and do cancel the service, they immediately start reporting you late to the Credit agencies. If all the people are on your trip with you, it might make sense to replace your son with a neighbor for this trip. Safe Haven has advised the consumer we only provide specific equipment and during the phone conversation on 3/27/2023, the customer support agent advised the consumer that we would swap the doorbell camera for an outdoor camera if needed as we do not control electrical or are liable for electrical issues that may occur in a transformer required for the doorbell camera function. If you prefer a plugged-in self-monitoring surveillance equipment, take a look at Reolink RLC-810A, a PoE IP camera that can be added to a Reolink security system. Any suggestions who I should call this company is completely out of control. communication regarding her account to the outside agency as Safe Haven has I will not continue to be bullied by this company. complaint made by ****** *******. Court Description: ORDER AND OPINION (1) GRANTING IN PART AND DENYING IN PART THE PARTIES' JOINT MOTION FOR APPROVAL OF NOTICE TO PUTATIVE CLASS, (2) GRANTING IN PART AND DENYING IN PART PLAINTIFFS' MOTION FOR REQUESTED METHOD OF DISSEMINATION OF NOTICE, (3) DIRECTING DEFENDANT TO PRODUCE INFORMATION, AND (4) DIRECTING THE PARTIES TO FILE A PROPOSED SCHEDULING ORDER. In this section you can also set up a Vacation Reminder. They call and leave a message saying "this is ______ and we noticed that your equipment needs servicing.