Now nod your head if you understand. When you stereotype me, it's like making fun of my grandparents". I lied. I'll never be the shark you want me to be. Oscar also comforts Lenny when the latter blames himself for Frankie's death, saying that it's not his fault. : [14] The premiere was attended by 6,000 visitors,[15] including Will Smith, Angelina Jolie, Robert De Niro, and Michael Imperioli. What're you doing working at a pizza joint? She can't understand why Oscar always gets himself into these situations, nor his obsession with trying to live at the top of the reef. : He is Angie's boyfriend and co-worker, Lenny's best friend, Lola's ex-boyfriend and the former tongue-scrubber and current co-manager of the Whale Wash. : : : He is Angie's boyfriend and co-worker, Lenny's best friend, Lola's ex-boyfriend and the former tongue-scrubber and current co-manager of the Whale Wash. LOGIN. Ernie and Bernie take Oscar out into the wasteland surrounding the reef, and with Oscar tied to a rock, torture him with their stingers. [29] DreamWorks reacted by changing the name of Peter Falk's character from Don Brizzi to Don Feinberg. At the end of the film, he owes her an apology for never realizing that everything he ever wanted was in front of him the whole time. : [glares lividly] Now there's gonna be a sit-down - be there if you don't wanna see her sleeping with the fishes Luca : Soon, Angie finds out about the lie, Oscar and Lenny convince her to keep quiet, though she is heartbroken by Oscar's dishonesty. Oscar forsakes all the wealth he has acquired, makes peace with the sharks, becomes co-manager of the Whale Wash (now frequented by sharks, killer whales, and swordfish), and starts dating Angie and enjoys a happy, honest life as he and Angie dance on the Whale Wash sign living happily ever after. What's that? A video game based on the film was released on September 29, 2004, for Microsoft Windows, Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation 2, and Game Boy Advance. To me, you were a somebody, Oscar. : Don Lino 'Cause I'm tired of hearing how everything you had in your life wasn't good enough including me. Hello? Eventually, Oscar subdues Lino by trapping him into another machinery, leaving him face to face with Lenny. Come on, I lied to EVERYBODY! What's with the "we"? : Oh, Angie. Not helping! He is voiced by Will Smith . : : Lola : He is Angie 's boyfriend and co-worker, Lenny 's best friend, Lola 's ex-boyfriend and the former tongue-scrubber and current co-manager of the Whale Wash. : [he picks up a fork and places it between the eyes of the hammerhead shark Giuseppe]. [after Oscar admits he's not a Sharkslayer] Oscar She is Oscar's girlfriend. No, "sorry" is when you step on somebody's fin at the theatre! I mean it's all set, we good to go, we had the money. My dad was the greatest but nobody loves a nobody. Bowles said in an interview that a story about a megalodon an extinct giant shark that could have been three times longer than the biggest great white shark can be terrifying and exciting. [on phone with Oscar] However, Mancini demanded that everything Italiancharacter names, the mannerisms, the forms of speechbe dropped.[31]. : The film was directed by Vicky Jenson, Bibo Bergeron, and Rob Letterman (in Letterman's feature directorial debut), from a screenplay written by Letterman and Michael J. Wilson. Coz even a superstar Mac-daddy fish like me has to have the basic necessities! : negative stereotypes of Italian-Americans, Outstanding Achievement for Animated Effects, Outstanding Achievement for Character Animation, Outstanding Achievement for Character Design in a Feature Production, Outstanding Achievement for Production Design in an Animated Feature Production, Outstanding Achievement for Writing in a Feature Production, Best Sound Editing in Feature Film Animated, Outstanding Performance by an Animated Character in an Animated Motion Picture, "I pesci di 'Shark tale' parlano italiano", "DreamWorks hopes audiences hungry for 'Sharkslayer', "DreamWorks Animation's 'Shark Tale' Swims Up the Venice Canals for World Premiere", "Flushed Away and Shark Tale Heading to Blu-ray (UPDATED)", "Top 2004 Movies at the Worldwide Box Office", "Shark Tale (2004) - Weekend Box Office Results", "Shark Tale - Critic Review - Ebert & Roeper", "DreamWorks Denies Ethnic Slurs in 'Shark Tale', "The 77th Academy Awards (2005) Nominees and Winners", "The Complete List: Academy Award Winners", "Martin Lawrence Draws Top Honors at BET's 2005 COMEDY AWARDS Hosted by Steve Harvey in Laugh-Filled Telecast on September 27", "The Aviator and Kill Bill, Vol. : They arrive at the meeting to find Lola (who obviously arranged the whole thing) next to Don Lino, while Angie is tied up and gagged and presented to Don Lino on a plate who prepares to eat her if Oscar doesn't comply. He is a bluestreak cleaner wrasse. Ernie! Who in the hell-o-but trips underwater? Realizing he can become famous, Oscar lets them believe he killed the shark. Oscar! As a crowd cheers Oscar on, a disappointed Angie begins to leave believing Oscar will continue to live a lie. You live in a billboard? : You LIED! : Lenny sheds his dolphin disguise. : Starring: Will Smith, Robert De Niro, Rene Zellweger. Photos of the Shark Tale (Movie) voice actors. Angie : Crazy Joe Sometimes I just be coughing for nothin'! Don Lino : [slams the door, making Sykes, Oscar and Lenny cringe a little]. Oscar can't take it anymore and finally confesses the truth that he lied about being a Sharkslayer, and an anchor killed Frankie. When Oscar tries to defend Lenny, Lino's sadness quickly turns to fury, and he begins to chase Oscar, snapping his jaws at him. Oscar Remorseful, Lino asks Oscar to free him so he can reconcile with Lenny. What is with y'all living in a love boat? Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Angie : Oh. Movies. : Appearances: 5. He is a bluestreak cleaner wrasse. Oscar was unaware . Trust me on this one! Remember this name: Oscar the Sharkslayer! More than anything, we are in showbusiness. : He sees the Shorties and Crazy Joe laughing. Oscar : Sykes Crazy Joe pulls out his puppets making kissing noises]. My guys are coming for you, Sharkslayer. You're a joke. Oscar Lino asks Lenny why he never returned home if there never was any Sharkslayer. Lenny The Shark Slayer Oscar There's no Shark Slayer. : Oscar with Ernie and Bernie. : When several sharks get close to Oscar's neighborhood, Oscar's neighbors expect him to drive them away. Oscar Angie Our goal here is to de-Italianize it. Lenny swims off distraught, leaving Oscar along with Frankies body when Ernie and Bernie return. Oscar returns to the city with a new title of the "Sharkslayer". [floats away on an umbrella, cackling insanely], Oscar You're not snappin' it!" Due to a bunch of classmates poking fun at his father being a tongue-scrubber when he was a kid, he has a powerful desire to become famous, or a 'somebody' as he puts it. The film was directed by Vicky Jenson, Bibo Bergeron, and Rob Letterman (in Lettermans feature directorial debut), from a screenplay written by Letterman and Michael J. Wilson. : : Oscar He has a bad temper. Angie Hey, do the muscle thing! Oscar quickly became close friends with Lenny and he was romantically interested in Lola, but he eventually realized that she was shallow, vain, vengeful, and selfish (much like how he was throughout most of the film). "[12], The film had promotional support from Burger King, Kelloggs, General Mills, Coca-Cola and Hewlett-Packard. You're supposed to be the MOB, get yourselves a decent hideout! What did you expect? Oscar is the main protagonist of Shark Tale. He is voiced by Will Smith. Let us know what you think in the comments below!SHARK TALE is the animation movie by Bibo Be. Do you have any idea how this looks? Meanwhile, Don Lino, the boss of a mob gang of sharks, orcas, swordfish, and octopuses, dislikes that his son Lenny is a vegetarian, and orders his eldest son, Frankie, to mentor Lenny. Join BTVA . Funny, ain't it? What's the plan? You mean when the Oscar Oscar remembers how fun the bottom of the reef was like and how he still enjoys it. You had me at hello! At the same time, Frankie and Lenny approach from the direction of Lino's ship. Angie? : : There's coral, there's rocks, there's whale poop, and then there's you. Don Lino [47] The cast from the film didn't reprise their roles in the game, except David P. Smith reprising his role as Crazy Joe. Eventually, Oscar subdues Lino by trapping him into another machinery, leaving him face to face with Lenny. Lenny responded "You always wanted me to be like Frankie. He is a bluestreak cleaner wrasse. : "[46] Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation, had appointed Jackson's producers Jam & Lewis to be involved with the soundtrack, though the duo only ended up producing only one song for the film, with Jam saying "We worked for DreamWorks before on the Bryan Adams song for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron and the Boyz II Men tune for The Prince of Egypt, and Katzenberg is a fan of what we do. : When Oscar runs into Lenny, Lenny (who does not wish to return home) forces Oscar to let him stay with him since he is aware of Oscar's lie. His best friend, an angelfish named Angie, offers him a pearl that was a gift from her grandmother to pawn and pay his debt. Just tell me, Oscar, 'cause I'm curious - why do you think she's interested, huh? Oscar brings the money from the pearl to a seahorse race to meet Sykes, but hears that the race is rigged and bets it all on a seahorse named "Lucky Day". He is Angie's boyfriend and co-worker, Lenny's best friend, Lola's ex-boyfriend and the former tongue-scrubber and current co-manager of the Whale Wash. [in Oscar's mind] I'll never be the shark you want me to be." This is no time to act crazy! [Oscar is deeply crushed and saddened by her words]. : Check it out, I got my 60-inch high-def plasma TV with six-speaker surround, CD, DVD, Playstation and an eight-track for one of those days when you're feeling just a little weeka-weeka-weeka OLD SCHOOL, ha ha ha! : Trending: 2,107th This Week. Oh, no no no no Lenny, just open up, nice and slow! Oscar "[28], Shark Tale was criticized for perpetuating negative stereotypes of Italian-Americans in its antagonists. : : : Oscar I'll never be the shark you want me to be." One doesn't need a cast list to pick out the actors behind the finny characters in the animated movie " Shark Tale ." Even without hearing the distinctive voices of Will Smith, Renee Zellweger, Angelina Jolie and Robert De Niro, it's easy to tell who's who from the visual clues. : Shark SlayerThe Big O Don Lino voiced by Robert De Niro and 3 others . Ernie and Bernie take Oscar out into the wasteland surrounding the reef, and, with Oscar tied to a rock, torture him with their stingers. Angie Young Oscar cruelly taunted by his class for admiring his father being a tongue scrubber. I wish you knew what I knew before this Crazy Joe : Oscar Hearing the race is rigged, Oscar instead foolishly bets all of Sykes' money on Lucky Day to win. Come here, you big dumb, dummy head! Oscar is reluctant to take such a valuable object from her, but Angie insists, saying it will get him the money he needs to pay back Sykes. Don Lino Oscar [20] It remained the #1 film in the U.S. and Canada for its second and third weekends. Oscar : : Oscar That shark I killed was Don Lino's SON! Earl (father) Lenny Everyone cheers for Oscar, but he finally confesses the truth behind Frankie's death while urging Lino to respect Lenny's lifestyle. Oscar : : Please, I barely work here now. He sees the Shorties and Crazy Joe laughing. To raise the cash to pay of Don Lino, Sykes demands that Oscar owes him five thousand clams, to be paid back by tomorrow.