Value 3.8. The bedroom had a view that looked down Woodward Avenue toward the riverfront, which, with the rapid rebuilding of Detroit, really meant a view of massive construction. Grab a classic cocktail in the Living Room or Evening Bar, taste the authentic Southern Italian dishes at San Morello,or try the brews and Detroit-style fried chicken at The Brakeman and Penny Red's. San Morello Award-winning Chef Andrew Carmellini's urban Italian neighborhood restaurant inspired by the coastal towns of Southern Italy and Sicily serves authentic, wood-fired dishes, pizzas and house-made pastas using local, seasonal ingredients. Such an amazing weekend here. Is The Shinola Hotel located near the city center? When you walk in the room, you walk down a small hallway and go down four steps. The Shinola Hotel is Detroit's new living room. With respect to the on-property food and beverage choices, it started to feel like the hotel was more style over substance. This comfortable, classic American bar serves seasonally crafted cocktails and bar bites. Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. We'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score. This nationally-acclaimed local pie shop just released its first-ever cookbook earlier this month as well, which you can pick up inside the shop. So would I stay here again? Such an amazing weekend here. Had we known the Living Room off the lobby served food, we might have eaten there. Not only can hotel guests stroll to all the major sports venues Comerica Park, Ford Field and Little Caesars arena it is also an Uber-free distance from the Fox Theatre, the Detroit Opera House, and even the Fisher Theatre, courtesy of the two-year old QLINE, a streetcar that runs up and down Woodward connecting the downtown to New Center, a commercial and residential district few miles away. Our versatile spaces are available for a variety of Detroit functions, including wedding receptions, corporate conferences, and more. When I called to discuss the situation, they seemed confused that I was even asking for a room clean. the road and shared with our immediate circle, then grew into something bigger. The room was beautiful and the hotel itself is stunning as well. (Weirdly, none of the albums in the room were Motown other choices included the Rolling Stones and Miles Davis.). Defined by a timeless sense of style, approachable service, and an obsession with quality craftsmanship, our luxury hotel was meant for living and sharing in good times with great company. Are there opportunities to exercise at The Shinola Hotel? Even the bed mattresses are made in Michigan. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Now, we explore places through the lens of local, creative, and influential people. more. Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60C/140F. I stayed in the Cass King room category which was quite a large room. Any extra space wasn't useful or used. My wife arranged the weekend for us at the Shinola hotel, and what a great time it was. I brought it up again the following day and made another request. Also look for Greenhills next restaurant, Magnet, to open in early 2019. Yes, valet parking is available to guests. Thanks! Detroits historic (and often vacancy-laden) real estate landscape makes for some clever repurposing. Prices are subject to change. Shinola Detroit is a company that's been making headlines lately -- and not just for its watches and leather goods. However, their housekeeping and maintenance of their rooms are not up to par. As a traveler whos been at this hotel on several occasions- I have never had an interaction this bad with a manager at any hotel! Used for dinner and breakfast and always up within 10-15 minutes of ordering. Shinola Hotel Detroit, MI 48226 - Menu, 158 Reviews and 50 Photos - Restaurantji Shinola Hotel 4.1 - 193 votes. We return to Detroit 3 or 4 times per year, and the Shinola is our preferred hotel choice. Its a milestone for Detroits dining scene to have attracted a New York chef of Andrew Carmellini's caliber. Shinola Hotel Room Supplies At the Shinola Hotel, the magic of Detroit is on full display. The shower had both a handheld and rainfall shower head, and beyond was the integrated tub. Check here before booking an award fare. Click here to scroll down to the next section on this page. Also just steps from the hotel is the native Detroiter John Varvatoss store. Event Menus. The Brakeman is an American beer hall featuring rotating drafts of craft beers from the Midwest while serving up fried chicken from neighboring Penny Reds. But the hotel reminded me of art deco 1920s very cool. View photos of Detroit and the Shinola Hotel, a boutique hotel in the heart of downtown with spacious rooms, new restaurants, bars, shopping and on-site event venues. The only real issue I had was the overall lighting everywhere is very dim. . The project, which took two years to complete, also includes an alley behind the hotel with shops and two restaurants: The Brakeman, an American beer hall with an outdoor area, and Penny Reds, a fried chicken spot. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Additional sorting options might be available (by type of traveler, by score, etc). Carmellinis menu of bar bites reflects his market-driven principles, seamlessly complimenting the cocktail menu, which emphasizes artisanal and local distilleries, organic fruit and vegetable extracts and a studied approach to classic recipes. Were in room 501 with a great view of Woodward. Isabelle didnt have such great luck. Chef and owner Andrew Carmellini taps local mixologists to offer a seasonal cocktail menu emphasizing artisanal distilleries, organic fruit and vegetable extracts and a studied approach to classic recipes. Shinola is a pet-friendly hotel. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. She says thats not possible because the hotel is booked up. Our opinions are our own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by our advertising partners. Within the hotel is a built-in Shinola store to show off all their luxury goods for purchase. 1400 WOODWARD AVENUE, Detroit, Michigan 48226 Phone Reservations: 313-356-1401 Contact Hotel: 313-356-1400 Email Reservations: reservations@shinolahotel.com, 1400 WOODWARD AVENUE, Detroit, Michigan 48226. In addition they did not take the dirty. Google disclaims all warranties related to the translations, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, reliability, and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Upon arrival, Isabelle and I lunched at the restaurant. Service 4.2. When I called back to complete the pre-registration, I was told in a very exasperated tone that I could only do that at the hotel, then hung up on again. We check for naughty words and verify the authenticity of all guest reviews before adding them to our site. Hamburger, Burgers, Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt, Coffee Shops, Coffee Roasteries, Coffee & Tea, Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney - One Park Ave, Detroit, Hotel Indigo Detroit Downtown, an IHG Hotel - 1020 Washington Blvd, Detroit, Evening Bar - enter from Parker's Alley, 1400 Woodward Ave, Mister Dips - 19 E Grand River Ave, Parkers Aly, Olin Bar & Kitchen - 25 E Grand River Ave. Individually-wrapped food options are available through room service. You can also stack this with Hotels.com Rewards, which awards one free night per every 10 paid nights. We are a very short distance from The TCF Center (Cobo) and Ford Field. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room. There is also no coffee maker in the room which I would expect of a hotel presenting themselves of the calibre they are (even low end Marriott and Hilton brands offer coffee makes in their rooms). When you walk in the room, you walk down a small hallway and go down four steps. The trash can in the bedroom also had grossness at the bottom. It has a wonderfully atmospheric bar and a central location that I highly recommend to any newcomer to Detroit who wants to experience what the citys nightlife has to offer. It was our first time staying at Shinola and I really wanted to LOVE it. I accepted the comp (of just the item, mind you!) Like much of the hotels aesthetic, the interior was decorated in a whites and tans with touches of blue and green. Not a single complaint! Booking.com property partners should not post on behalf of guests or offer incentives in exchange for reviews. A++++++++++++. They serve one of the best khao sois you will ever eat, and Greenhill can turn something as simple as sauted cucumbers into a dish unlike any other. Personal protective equipment, including masks, will be available to guests. See what a point or mile is worth with our appraisals of a loyalty programs currency, based on redemption values. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, please do not use this website. Shinola Hotel accepts these cards and reserves the right to temporarily hold an amount prior to arrival. This would later become the bane of my existence, as I was woken up each morning at 7am with a series of loud bangs from the work site. Site Map; Facebook; Twitter; Instagram; 1400 WOODWARD AVENUE, Detroit, Michigan 48226 . Rayl & Co. sporting goods and hardware store and a former Singer sewing-machine storewith three brand new buildings modeled after downtown Detroits historic architecture. Is The White Lotus breaking up with Four Seasons ahead of Season 3? Perfect for single occupancy, these rooms have all the luxury in a cozy package. Due to current occupancy restrictions, Evening Bar offers limited reservations and will accommodate a small amount of walk-in guests on a first come, first served basis. Book a Room Accommodations Study Queen Study King Den King The hotel repurposes three historic buildings along Michigan Avenue, including the old Singer sewing machine building. Altogether, the light lunch, which I shared with Isabelle, came to $68. And do they come with a view? Discover the true spirit of Detroit at Shinola Hotel. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Please reach out to us directly at sales@shinolahotel.com so we can properly assist your experience and the future. Kate is one of Detroits star chefs of the moment, with a recent James Beard nomination for Best New Restaurant of 2018. Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. The dining scene in particular is in the midst of a growth spurt, with native chefs returning from cities like New York and Chicago to open their own restaurants on home turf. Beyond was a second dining area and open kitchen with a pizza oven and wood-fired grill. Staff was respectful and polite. Photo by Nicole Franzen. (score from 745 reviews), The quiet and comfort of the room The worlds first Shinola Hotel is Detroits new living room. Valet was on point and super efficient during busy check out times. She doesnt even ask what I ate from the restaurant, offer to connect me to the restaurant, or tell me she will let the restaurant know there is a foodbourne illness outbreak. Sure, Shinola didn't singlehandedly bring the city back, but it came at a time when any sign of investment in Detroit helped spark its rebirth. I had to go to urgent care and get antibiotics at considerable cost, I lost 500$ from my missed flight, and two days of work. Please note that all Special Requests are subject to availability and additional charges may apply. The Detroit Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau (DMCVB) welcomes you to visitdetroit.com. The last and final round of food was an unpretentious BLT sandwich ($18) and crispy french fries ($7) brought to my room the next day. Rayl Company, that once stood on Woodward Avenue. Public transportation is just a short walk: Broadway Station is 2 minutes and Cadillac Center Station is 3 minutes. I unlocked the door, entered the room and immediately noticed all the fixings of the Shinola brand.