This makes me so happy to hear. No restocking fee on new and unopened items! The next day, I tried once again and broke 2 magnetic tip #2 Phillips bits, but finally, the screws were out without having to use the EZ out. Ive been able to compare the ejector length to the OEM 45acp and 10mm FCU. The classy all black with the gold accents has the looks equal to the performance. I use the JSD Supply 80% insert, plus their LPK (from Sig with the updated parts), along with a caliber xchange kit to make it a 9mm compact in black. SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. This hopefully promises an edge in accuracy, too. If you are having problems finding your Sig p320 80% kit, drop by ABprototype.com and see what Alex can do for you. I mean if my goal was to win some kind of race to build something capable of firing off a single shot for some illicit purpose, and I wasnt worried at all about quality, workmanship or safety, then yeah, I could probably just skip the whole 80% parts market and whip up something in a few minutes with some common parts from the local hardware store. Nov 23, 2018. Fortunately, the tips I broke have a lifetime warranty and a quick phone call to, I started laying out the drill bits that came with the jig and making sure I understood where everything fit when drilling. Of course, there are some tools that I already own that are not on that table. If youre super slow and careful, they might work for one build. GHOST RECON BUILD KIT IS AVAILABLE WITH A CUSTOM COMP A& AMBI CHARGING HANDLE! Its definitely worth the investment. Id definitely encourage you to jump in and build your own P320. While its in the jig, you cant cut the rails too short. Save Share. AFAIK, the only .45 ACP grip modules out there are the original SIG OEM P320 models in various sizes. Max Slowik is a writer with over a dozen years of experience and is a lifelong shooter. I found that the 9mm and #40 drill bits are too large for the holes in the Jig. The perfect dimension would really be nice so I know when to stop banging on the jig. That is why I dont just go buy one. We will promptly replace or repair any product that we determine to be defective. P320 - 80% Frames & Jigs - SigSauerParts. FAST, FREE shipping over $80! $ 500.00 $ 400.00 This is the complete jig and tooling kit to finish your new SIG 320 frame! Then, there are two small parts for a P320 .45 ACP build that are different from a 9/40/357 build: Its not especially easy finding these two parts sometimes, but they are out there if you look hard enough. Moving on I easily removed the 4th screw just as the 1st. Out of stock So you will need to do a little bit of math to select the correct speed for each drill bit. But bottom line, you just need to get the correct # sizes. I have a 9mm version and cant wait to get a 45 version also. So Im sorry to say none of my personal hand-made firearms are here with me, nor any of my related gunsmithing hardware. Cutting oil reduces friction and saves some of the lifespan of your drill bits. Slide: PRO-CUT 4.7" SlideAssembly- Black, Barrel: Full Barrel 5.5" Threaded - 28 - Black. Just forget all that. To Build the 80% P320 frame you will need to use 7 different drill bits (my kit came with 7 HSS drill bits) and a drill press. $79.99 12 of 12 Items Ready to build a gun from scratch? Add a Small Parts FCU Kit at $265.00 and you are at $515.00 for a 80% FCU Build..Ouch! Again, I dont know what the exact official OEM dimension should be for .45 ACP, but something in the ballpark of 0.492 seems to be ideal. If you would like to know all of the tools that I used, please visit the articleTools used in the P320 80% Videos that lists the tools used and what step I used them in. Now I just do the hammering on a concrete surface, like the floor of my basement. So thats it! Hes definitely the pro. By following the steps and safety precautions outlined in this article, you can create your dream custom P320. Sig Sauer P320 Parts Set - Coyote $ 949.99 Add to cart 1 2 Set Your Sights On A Better Sig Sig Sauer custom parts can help you finish out a homemade lower receiver, upgrade an existing weapon with performance components, or restore a well-used sidearm to fresh-from-the-factory performance. Their jigs run about $135. The parts listed as multiple are where you can do most of your customization, either by choosing aftermarket parts, or sometimes even multiple offerings directly from SIG SAUER (e.g., you might prefer the SIG flat trigger vs. their more traditional curved trigger). After a few emails with Alex over at AB Prototype, he able to get me a refurbished lower parts kit with the upgraded parts. You'll need the Polymer80 PF940C Jig Kit, made for the old PF940C 80% Frame and compatible with the new Polymer80 PF940C (G19) "ATF Compliant/Bridge" 80% Frame (aka P80 75% frame). I decided to continue and bypass this screw and move forward. [SHOT 2020] JSD Supply - The reusable jig for the P320 The Modular Universal Pistol 1 is compatible with current P320 "drop safe" upgraded parts and can be made into a 9mm, 40 S&W, 357 SIG, and 45acp (with slight modification). Well, after doing a fair bit of research, and talking to the good folks at JSD, I finally have all the details, and Im sharing them with you now. Thank you so much!! Built to perform and last for years of hard work. Its not so easy to reverse the process if you file it down too much. I removed the 1st screw with no issue but when it. But I certainly have no inside information on their long-term plans. Industry News, How about it are you intrigued? The popular, affordable Elite Builder 80% Jig has been reconfigured to serve the ever-growing .308 AR market: Re-tooled to accept the DPMS-patterned LR-308 80% lowers, the Elite Builder Jig allows any shooter to part together an accurate, custom .308 Want to build a Polymer80 Glock-compatible pistol? Im just a random guy on the Internet, trying to fill a gap in information in the meantime. Actually, I saved about $27 since the code was for free shipping no matter what service I chose so, of course, I chose next day. having the ability to fine-tune X and Y adjustments will really save you a lot of time and make it easier to achieve quality, accurate drilling. Here's how they do it. An un-finished 80% lower can't accept a trigger or parts kit, so it can't be made to fire. You will need to run your drill press at the closest speed listed and when in doubt, go with a lower RPM. Glad to hear this. Thanks for the kind feedback. Replaceable parts are available so you can keep building more guns! The P320s modularity is what makes this kit so interesting and promising. . SIG Sauer Pistols. Ghost Guns has an introduction page for the P320 80 percent kit on the company website. This is the kit you'll need to get it done: The Broken Arms 80% Jig is designed to eliminate the need for any sort of expensive Want to build a Polymer80 Glock-compatible pistol? Ive used the same set of cobalt bits for nearly a dozen P320 builds now. But if you want a beautiful, quality pistol that is as safe as a factory build, cycles like butter, shoots accurately (perhaps more accurately than an off-the-shelf model), and runs reliably for thousands upon thousands of rounds, its going to take a little time and a commitment to doing things properly. One thing to understand about Drill Press, you need to operate them at different speeds for the different drill sizes. Well see. The new X-TEN is really interesting. Ive got the itch! The Smith & Wesson M&P is a polymer-framed handgun that is popular among law enforcement and civilian shooters. $27.99. Hard metals like steel, as well as, larger drill bits require slower speeds than soft material like wood and smaller bits. By the way, you can probably get by with any old hammer, but I really like to use a 2- or 3-lb. Speaking of time, youve probably seen all those hyped up media stories, or the press releases from certain politically motivated officials, about how an evil ghost gun can be built from scratch in 11 minutes using a butter knife, fingernail clippers and some duct tape. (Dont tell anyone, but I also use this file sometimes on Polymer 80 tabs, right after the fret cutter does 95% of the work.). Don't forget to check out 80% Arms for all your 80% Glock style pistol building needs and be sure to check out our related blog posts such as the When you are ready to install them, visit ourP320 80% Parts Kit Install Videoto learn how to install them into the FCU after you have finished your frame. Check, Threaded barrel in the most common - 28 thread pitch? If you do this carefully, you can limit the messiness. At 9:38 am off went another email to. Forget the drill bits that come with the JSD P320 jig. I see his YouTube channel is back, but not any of the old content. you will probably need a different formula. But when I decided to try to build a P320 chambered in this caliber, I soon discovered that there is a general lack of information out there. This typically involves attaching the jig to the 80 percent lower using the provided screws and pins. I decided to purchase the frame and jig kit directly from JSD Supply because of a memorial day coupon for free shipping. Now we're going to make out a few builds here in just a second going over not just some different looks but also some varying sizes in the Sig P320 frames. Personally, I dont let this affect my decisions, as I have lots of different guns in a wide range of calibers. The build went well and was fairly easy to do. SIG P320 80% mup-1 PISTOL FRAME INSERT Sale! $ 100.00 $ 85.00 Here it is! The CADOJ insinuates that converting such a firearm from that roster-exempt state is manufacturing an unsafe handgun. You'll need the Polymer80 PF940V2 Jig Kit, made for the PF940V2 80% Frame and the new Polymer80 PF940V2 (G17) "ATF Compliant/Bridge" 80% Frame (aka P80 75% frame). When you are ready to install them, v, Now that lower parts are more readily available, JSD Supply also keeps them in stock. I usually file the rails down to about 0.870, then start the tuning process. My order from JSD Supply included the P320 80% Frame and Jig. Perfect for that custom P320. Did I get anything wrong here? Make sure you visit our, If you would like to know more about the tools that we used on the Sig P320 videos visit, Other P320 Videos that are not 80% builds, If you are not interested in building the MUP-1 (80% P320 FCU) P320 80% pistol but would like to know more about this firearm, visit our, Some people have asked me if this build can be done with a hand drill instead of a drill press. Add to Cart. Everyone has been waiting for it and they are finally here. Yes, and I think I covered this pretty thoroughly in the article. Since Im using the WEN 4208 drill press, and it has only 5 fixed speeds, I simply use the next lower available speed from what JSD recommends. Heat dulls the tips of your bits, especially if you are using lower quality metals in these bits. As I type this (Feb, 2021), the KIT-320-SCL-45 is currently available directly from SIG SAUER and the 1302197-R is available from Midwest Gun Works. The cost of the Sig Sauer P320 can vary depending on the model and customization options, but typically ranges from $500 to $1000. Now that we know the speed of our bits we can set up our drill press for the first hole. The P320 is SIGs incredibly successful polymer-framed, striker-fired service pistol. 80 percent frame compatible with SIG Sauers new P320, New Jersey Supreme Court Okays Machetes for Self-Defense Under 2A. You want to order that! Its kind of a messy system, honestly. I found that your recommendation on the article actually works a little better for me and was backward compatible in a P320 9mm, whereas the OEM 45 FCU was not. All rights reserved. Required fields are marked *. Just gathering all the needed toolsand especially the required partswill take a few weeks in this crazy environment (early 2021, as I write this). I see you included the width of the slide rails. This has to go to upper level. Ill defer mostly to that list, with a few exceptions and additions noted here. Place the combined jig and P320 80% lower into your vise and prepare to drill. Here's a couple of YouTube videos that give some great tips for the part time gunsmith. In our email chains, I learned a little about why some of these kits may be so expensive other than the P320 is a relatively new gun on the market and parts are still scarce. Sig Sauer P320 Manual Thumb Safety Lever Parts Set $ 59.99 $ 52.99 OUT OF STOCK Sig Sauer P320 Standard Capacity Magazines - USED $ 30.00 Select options SALE! It is important to remember that 80% builds are typically done for the pride of accomplishment, as well as, having a totally custom gun that meets the specs that the builder may require. FAQ for our GST-9, a polymer 80% lower, for more inspiration and tips. Glad it was helpful! P250 kit and 80% frame with completition jig Well, got my jig and 80% frame a couple weeks ago and now got my p250 x-change kit. I was hoping I could accomplish this without having to invest in an full drill-press but seeing as how I havent gotten anywhere with a normal drill and the bits that came with the MUP Ill have to try out those cobalt tips. . With an AR-15, it is a lower receiver, that has not been milled out for the fire controls. The 1911 Jig Overview: Im building my first P320. You'll need this jig to cut and drill your 80% frame blank, making it ready for assembly with a GLOCK 26 or G27 Build Kit Want to build a Polymer80 Glock-compatible pistol? First, the primary mod you actually need to make to the MUP 1 itself is to shorten the ejector slightly. P250, P320, P320 X-5, M17, & M18 Pistols. I have a large cobalt bit set but Im not sure how the numeric size translates to fractional. Forums. You cannot order an 80% Lower and jig-related product on the same order. Fabricating Your Firearm With a Jig New to this project? This is the only place I was able to find the slight modifications made in the .45ACP build which I am considering building next. Once you do get the magazine out, youll notice that the two two back corners were scraping at the top, against the MUP 1. You will be good. I am beginning to think that they are on the other side of the computer just waiting for someone to email them no matter what time of the day it is. You'll need the Polymer80 PF940SC Jig Kit, made for the PF940SC 80% Frame. A spinning piece of metal is hot. Add to quote . Also your recommendation is very close to the 10mm ejector. This left me with a dilemma, I could either put the entire project on hold or split the project into 2 videos and continue moving forward in steps. Views and opinions expressed here are solely those of Timothy B. Totten. Maybe someone else here can help? Seeing the final build before you is a remarkable feeling, as it was you yourself that put in all this work to create something you will be able to use day in and day out. Ready to fabricate your first or next AR-15 80% lower? Here at JSD Supply, you'll find all of the compatible parts for Sig P320 firearms that you need for a complete build. To be honest, I was getting a little frustrated and was having second thoughts about doing this video series. dead blow hammer or rubber mallet. We have the most complete coverage of the MUP-1 (80% P320 FCU) P320 80% build process on the Internet. Sig Sauer P320 XSeries TXG Full-Size Medium Grip Module Assembly (Gray) $299.00 $262.99; In Stock Brand: Sig Sauer; Item Number: 8900039 ; Sig Sauer P320 X-Series Compact Medium Grip Module (Coyote) $62.99; In Stock Brand: Sig Sauer; Item Number: GRIP-MODX-C-943-M-COY; Sig Sauer P320/P250 Carry-Size Small Grip Module Assembly . If youve ever built a Polymer 80 Glock clone, Id start by saying its slightly more involved or complex than that. Heres one of my early P320 builds, and still one of my go-to choices for concealed carry in many situations. Highest Quality Kit Available for under $30.00, GIGA-BITs-Kit: 100% Made In USA, 8% COBALT Jobber Drill Set, GIGA-BITs-Kit +PLUS: 100% Made In USA, 8% COBALT Jobber Drill Set, TERA-BITs Kit +PLUS: US Mnfctrd. And it takes a bit longer. Everyone has been waiting for it and they are finally here. We offer 80% jigs that require little to no machining experience and only require basic tools -- a hand drill or drill press, a small vise, and other hand tools -- to successfully cut and drill your new firearm. Using the right tool for the job is important with ANY project. Is there something undesirable about it? Since the video series went live, Jordan from JSD Supply asked if I would like to become an affiliate which I accepted. OUR GST-9 IS UNAFFECTED BY THE LATEST 12/28 ATF CLARIFICATION LETTER & SHIPS IN 3 DAYS! To allow my drill bits to last even longer, I used cutting oil when drilling since it reduces heat buildup and friction. If you are considering to go down the road of doing an 80% firearm, I would say that this is a good one to do to build your confidence. I guess there are several ways to tackle that question. Thanks for the kind words. Flared magwell? Set up the jig according to the manufacturer's instructions. This is very helpful and gives me the confidence to try one. To address your curiosity, I have posted a table listing the costs of this build. I used to swear by the Grayguns P320 Armorers Block, but after MGB introduced us to The SIG Armorers Block, Ive been using that quite a bit more. Don't call us, well call you. Of course, youll also want to watch the brief official MUP 1 instructions video from JSD at least a time or two before starting your project. X-Change kits are available in a variety of chamberings in compact, subcompact and full-size configurations. This was a fun build to do and I really enjoyed doing it. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Pistols will no longer ship with braces. The P80 frame is the perfect way to build a 100% Glock-compatible handgun with factory or aftermarket parts at a lower cost. Exercise caution and follow all safety precautions. Check. When compared to other popular handguns on the American market, the Sig Sauer P320 is often compared to the Glock 19, Smith & Wesson M&P, and the Springfield XD. By now, you no doubt know about building an AR from scratch using little more than a drill press. Each side plate also has pre-drilled pin hole guides for drilling the holes required to install your lower parts kit. This unique platform allows you to easily convert your new pistol into a plethora of different profiles and calibers using a combination of parts. Contrary to federal law, some states have either restricted or banned the sale, transfer, and ownership of 80% lowers, firearm blanks, and other gun parts. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Use hand files and a Dremel tool to smooth out any rough edges and to ensure proper fitment of the parts. I couldnt find anything on the minor alterations. I even emailed JSD about it, but got no reply. As the popularity of Sig Sauer's new P320 spikes on news of it being selected as the modular pistol contract winner for the U.S. Army (and most likely the other branches) spreads, civilian intrests have followed in sync. An 80% lower is a receiver blank, an incomplete firearm that isn't operable and can't be made to operate without additional fabrication. Hi Tim, thanks for the information, super helpful. You need a few more specialized toolsespecially a drill press. But, when it comes to the 45acp, this guide is simply the best by far. The Sig Sauer P320 is a versatile and reliable handgun that is popular among law enforcement and civilian shooters. Contact Warfighter Manufacturing directly. It isn't everyday that you can check off all of the sweet upgrades you wish your pistol had. Hammer down on the FCU in order to shape the four metal edges into what will become your slide rails. Remember, you can always file the rails down further, but you cant easily increase the width if you file down too much. Also, the frame does not have the pin holes drilled out for the fire control group and takedown lever. A Supplemental Collection of Quality Tools ! Once again, the stress release of sending an email was allowing me to move on with my day. Sorry. From the video, those Billet aluminum are described as being "soon to be released" and the one in the video is the prototype. Thank you for an EXTREMELY informative article. If you still need to put together your 80% FCU below are the general steps you'll have to take to turn it into a 100%. The revenant is a bi product of the dev collab 2022.Many great great minds from all over the country came together to bring you an amazing pdw. Concealed Carry, When you start getting into highly specialized guns, the 80% route may eventually become cost-effective the more you build. Follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines when using any power tools. Multi-Mag 9mm AR: Nordic Components Glock/S&W Compatible NCPCC Full Review. Like Thomas Paine, hes a journalist by profession and a propagandist by inclination. Since you advocate using cobalt bits vs. the ones supplied by JSD, what are the appropriate bits to use in lieu of the JSD ones? I had no trouble building a P320 9mm. For example, Ive seen various recommendations between 0.855 and 0.865 for the width of the rails, sometimes with slightly different dimensions suggested between the front and rear rails. Now that I had the release of frustration I decided to move forward with another video series and revisit the P320 80% later. ESPECIALLY this one. Thats worked just fine. Desperate to continue, I tried to source the parts individually on Brownells and Numrich and quickly found I couldnt get all the parts I needed yet alone find all of the upgraded parts for the drop fire issue. The unmodified ejector on the MUP 1 is about 0.567 long. Thanks for the kind comments. I am sure you are reading this article wondering how much this build cost. You might also check AB Prototype and eBay. About the author: Don't forget you can actually opt for a slide that is shorter than your frame, incorporate a threaded barrel and compensator oh boy, you'll really be off to the races then. Thats not good. It does not allow me to manufacture a firearm for resale. The SIG SAUER P320 is an amazing, versatile, highly reliable, and very accurate pistol platform. And a LOT less messy! He is pulling the Lower Parts out of complete pistols to make a Sig p320 80% kit and left the rest of the gun to try to sell. If you can afford such a thing, great. For example, if you plan on using your P320 for competition shooting, a match-grade barrel and upgraded trigger components would be a good choice. Ive made multiple P320s and this guide was best one I found. Theres a sub-page there dedicated to SIG SAUER builds. They do not reflect the views or opinions of his employer or any other person or organization with whom he might be affiliated, and should not be considered investment advice. (left side is the side with the takedown lever): When drilling the holes, be sure to apply the Oatey Dark Cutting Oil (or similar). Tough, Efficient, Reliable Tools at a GREAT PRICE! The Polymer80 PF320PTEX Grip Module is P80's first polymer grip designed for compatibility with SIG SAUER components for P320. Hes the best. Then you need a little time on the range to get the sights dialed in, as well as the ejector on the .45 ACP model (more on that later). To cap this all off, building a custom Sig Sauer P320 can be a rewarding and enjoyable experience for firearm enthusiasts of all skill ranges. Made from a custom high-strength polymer, these frames take Glock's OEM design and add some upgrades. Next post: New Jersey Supreme Court Okays Machetes for Self-Defense Under 2A. If you would like to know more about the tools that we used on the Sig P320 videos visit https://trb.fyi/tools-used-in-the-p320-disassembly-and-reassembly-videos and visit our troubleshooting guides at https://trb.fyi/troubleshooting/while you are at our page. I really enjoy the P320 in .45! Browse our selection by brand, build your order, and let's make shooting fun again. Thank you so much! Hello all. Here are a few lessons Ive learned, mostly the hard way. I ordered a .45 slide stop and its identical to the 9mm-.40 one. Related Tags: Product Overview. I started laying out the drill bits that came with the jig and making sure I understood where everything fit when drilling. Then you need an 80% lower jig. This X-Y table is definitely not a high-end, super precision product. Check, Ported Slide? If you do an internet search on P320 80% you will find multiple sites that sell the MUP-1 (80% P320 FCU) frame and jig kit from JSD Supply. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); PLEASE let me know when the p320 80% frame is ready for sale .I need 2 Think for yourself! Yeah, recent news is pretty discouraging. [UPDATE, 2022-02-07: I learned today that there is at least one scammer supposedly selling the WEN 4208 online out of Florida for this kind of price, but they apparently take your money and never deliver the product. I think youll be really happy you did. P320 - Small Parts - Frame Parts - Page 1 - SigSauerParts. If JSD Supply built the jig with some hardened steel inserts I would say you might get away with a hand drill. The next day, I tried once again and broke 2 magnetic tip #2 Phillips bits, but finally, the screws were out without having to use the EZ out. Its less than one-fourth the price ($87.37, as I type this in early 2021). Check. Works with Aluminum & P80 AR Lowers 1776 Supply Co. 2021. SIG Sauer, The 80 percent compatible P320 insert. I would polish the frame a bit more in this area. Sig 320 80 percent modular frame! If you've made your way to this post, I probably don't need to try to convince you of that. Photo Source: Sig Sauer Configurator Tool. Or maybe more than one? Our videos and articles will help you complete this build and show you some of the areas that can be problematic. First Ever SIG Surplus MHS M17 & M18 Matching SN, SIG's ROMEO-M17 Red Dot Sight Available to Public -- NRA, Missouri House Advances Bill Allowing Guns on Buses, Inside.