Having said that, I dont like the test cuts that are built into the software. That's where this blog comes in- by providing some personal and unique gift ideas . Note: proper location can vary by machine model, this is why we ask for a photo when troubleshooting cut issues because we can identify it based on the Silhouette machine model. But if youve already been working in the software and open a new document, its the last size you set up in the page set up panel. The key here is to load until the top edge of the material with or without mat is even with the back edge of the cutting strip. Your paper may be moving around if your cutting mat is old and the stickiness has completely disappeared. Heres my same 12 x 12 page, but Ive changed toNoneon the cutting mat. If you are having an issue with the machine not cutting in the right place and you have gone through all the other reasons here, try connecting the machine to your computer with a USB cord. does this also work for the Cameo 3? It's my first time setting up one of these machines. Youve got a shape of the US on the left side of the page thats 2 x 3.25. Because of the confusion with loading methods on the earlier machines, these newest ones just have aLoadoption. This is something I have learned through years of troubleshooting Silhouette machines, verifying with Silhouette Support, and by watching my Silhouette machines as they work. If you found this article helpful, sign up to my newsletter for art tips, advice, and more! Most times it is something in the setup I just released an in-depth course to troubleshooting the Cameo Pro it might help. Calibrating the Silhouette machine is different than performing a Silhouette CAMEO Print and Cut calibration (which is actually almost never necessary). Or, because it didnt finish with the blade housing going back to the origin point (upper left corner), its mixed up on where it is. Solve Your Silhouette Print and Cut Issues. This article will give tips on how to fix common issues that are causing your Silhouette Cameo to cut incorrectly. Change). Note: This post contains affiliate links. You hitSend Mirrored and the software asks if you want to mirror. THANK YOUfor your support! Not sure why that matters. Whether or not it happens and where it happens depend on how far into the job you were when you turned the machine off. Im so glad the software reminded me. So you tell the software to go ahead and mirror. If the machine is no longer getting power, when its turned back on it may still want to finish the job (good worker, that one). If the cut is just a tiny bit off on the whole page, you need to do a calibration. Likewise cutting a material with too much force or a blade that's too deep or trying to cut a material that's too thick or dense can cause the blade to get stuck in the material or mat and throw the calibration off. One of the main reasons I see for cut issues with Silhouette machines is due to the housing being out of alignment. This would at least let you test. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lya Vinyl 15FT Heat Transfer Vinyl, Black Iron on Vinyl Roll for Cricut, Silhouette Cameo, Black HTV Vinyl for DIY Fabric, Clothes, Bags, and Other Textiles at Amazon.com. You may not notice that with some sets of page dimensions, the arrow that normally points up on your drawing area moves to pointing left. The trouble I am having is my design is not getting cut right due to the cutting mat moving out of place. If the roller is rolling across the adhesive it can cause cutting issues, the mat to skew, or the mat to get stuck in the machine while cutting.I also do NOT recommend 3rd party cutting mat with the Cameo Pro (I dont recommend them in any model, but especially the Pro). HI, When I put my machine on, it moves the housing to the left and hits the wall and keep going ( bumping the wall) and then stops and rests in the right place. If theres something out of whack here, the communication breaks down and the machine doesnt do what you and the software tell it to do. If the material touches the rollers, sometimes the rollers will actually knock the material out of place, even if it by a little bit. /EDICT 27JAN94 V94-001/ [] /repetition of kana/ [] /voiced repetition of kana/ /repetition of kanji (sometimes . i cannot believe i waited so long! Locate the release lever on the right side and turn it clockwise. Prescription:Only load top or bottom of mat into machine first, not sides. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Ensure a Silhouette brand cutting mat is in use. Sometimes, that just means you waste a bit of material at the top. It fits media up to 24 x 24 inches in size and gives you a grid design for precise paper alignment and placement. Problem:If your work area is too dark, the optic scanner may not read your registration marks right and can cut them incorrectly. Instead of flipping the US only, it flips the entire page like this: But because the software doesnt show you an indication of that on the screen, youre surprised when it cuts on the right side of your HTV instead of the left. Here is how it should look on the Cameo Pro. If you liked the stickers shown in the pictures, you can get them from my Shop! If in doubt, follow the procedure in Diagnosis #1. You will notice this page pop up as soon a you open the calibrations settings. Problem: Another weird reason your blade may not be cutting your material all the way is because the blade itself is actually not fully inside the carrier. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaZAY89K6t0cOFNUN-9LXKw?sub_confirmation=1#silhouetteschool #cameo4notcutting #silhouettecameo4 #freesilhouettevideos #freesilhouettetutorials #silhouettecameo4 #cameo4videos #craftvideos #howto #cricut #silhouettecameo #sublimation #heatpress #silhouettebusiness Move the housing ALL the way to the left & ALL the way right 3 times. Like many, I was not aware of this and this has messed up a lot of my sticker papers. *Note: If youre using registration marks, make sure to not cover them with glossy tape or else your machine will not be able to read themarks due to the shine. Dismiss, Silhouette Cameo 4 Not Cutting Right? Again, this is the opposite problem. The Silhouette Cameo 4 can cut materials up to 12 in width and the Pro version can cut up to 24 in width. Ask Question Step 4: Again 2 Screws Remove the 2 screws as shown on this picture While we appreciate every single one of them it's nearly impossible to respond back to all of them, all the time. Thats Load Media. If youre standing in line to check out at the store, you dont want someone cutting in front of you. Easy right? If the housing is out of alignment, this means that the Autoblade cannot hit the adjustment holes properly in order to adjust properly. In other words, the machine thinks it needs to finish the first job before starting the second one. It features an auto-blade system that allows you to adjust the blade depth for different materials and thicknesses easily. Silhouette Cameo 4 most common problems - why your machine isn't cutting properly - YouTube 0:00 / 4:59 Silhouette Cameo 4 most common problems - why your machine isn't cutting properly. I hope this article helps you not want to throw your Silhouette Cameo out the window! When you emboss with a Curio or cut HTV, youre doing those things on the back side. For a full explanation of this, seethis post. The image below shows the housing unit directly over the black box on the upper right of your page. You can get one from Silhouette America here. What if a person in front of you gets fed up with how long its taking and leaves? To calibrate the Silhouette CAMEO 4, disconnect the machine from the computer and power it off. Made in the United Kingdom Circa 1870 Hallmarked for 18kt. Heres an example. Unplug the power cord from the machine and the wall. Then right click and find "calibrate". Then when you send your project to cut, it uses that as the origin point instead of going back to the upper left corner. Tuesday quick tip: matching rotated angles, Draw something! Not at all (says the omniscient narrator). Prescription: Check the Send area in the software and the machine screen to make sure old jobs are cleared out before starting a new job. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. (LogOut/ Go ahead and print it out to assist you in calibrating your Cameo 4. For Cameo Pro owners, there are 2 ways mats or materials get loaded. This is important for ALL Silhouette machine models. It has left and right arrow buttons below the screen. Power the Silhouette CAMEO machine back on and allow the tool carriage to naturally reset. The machine should now be calibrated and the cutting should begin in the correct spot. This Silhouette CAMEO calibration tutorial will fix that issue applies to the CAMEO 4 and other older machines. If no, something else is happening.We can continue troubleshooting on theSilhouette Secrets+ with EllyMae FB group.Please make a post with a photo of the blade installed in the machine WITH the mat loaded and describe your cutting issue in detail. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Lya Vinyl 15FT Heat Transfer Vinyl, White Iron on Vinyl Roll for Cricut, Silhouette Cameo, White HTV Vinyl for DIY Fabric, Clothes, Bags, and Other Textiles at Amazon.com. Instead of pushing a button to load, you turn a crank. When you turn on it will make load noice & slowly move right then stop. x 24 in. With its sleek silhouette, its minimalist counter stool epitomizes stylized, modernist design, raising functionality to the level of decorative art. This is one of those really oddball reasons for your machine cutting in the wrong place and the hardest one to figure out. On the Cameo Pro, when using a 24 x 24 cutting mat, the left edge of the cutting mat gets loaded next to the line on the left side of the arrows.This is the ONLY time this line is used to load materials. Im so glad the software reminded me. So you tell the software to go ahead and send it mirrored. If the machine starts cutting into the top edge of your mat, that means youve gotNone set as your cutting mat instead of a Cameo or Portrait mat. The machine doesnt pull the mat in far enough, thinking that youre cutting without the mat. To stop your paper from sliding around during cutting, you may need to secure it down with tape. That means if you click the link and purchase something, I receive a small commission. The yellow outline here is the mat and the red indicates the 12 x 12 page size. If you are still expecting the arrow to point up, you will load the material incorrectly. You are in the right place: You will get: .1 PNG (300 dpi high resolution and transparent background) .1 EPS .1 SVG .1 DXF .1 AI Main file Description: Ready to a printed t-shirt, mug, sticker, apparel, clothing, poster, etc. I have been doing digital illustrations for 12 years and traditional media for 16+ years. ), 12 BEST Gifts for Poodle Lovers (Unique and Adorable! How to use the Silhouette drawing tools Lesson 1: Draw a line, Tuesday quick tip: How to strikethrough text, Attention Windows computer users with an older Silhouette machine, Silhouette America to discontinue the Curio. Sometimes certain materials slip and slide around on the mat, causing the blade to cut in the wrong place! First, remove the protective cover sheet off of the cutting mat. These cords do go bad over time and often a new one will solve your issues. During the loading process, line up the mat with the small guide mark on the far left side of the machine (rather than loading it justified to the left against the blade adjustment receptacle). If you dont realize this, and hit Send to QueueorStart Cutting(becauseSend isnt there),your new cut (the second job) starts in the wrong place. On the Silhouette CAMEO 2, when the lever is raised the bar is locked down and to raise the bar you push the lever down. Lets look at 11 reasons why your machine may cut in the wrong place and how to fix it. It really helps us bring you more craft tutorials!! Copyright Silhouette School 2016. If youve checked all these things and are still having issues with the machine cutting in the wrong spot, its time to contact Silhouette Americas Customer Support. When you load, the machine will pull the mat or material in until the blade is over the top left edge of the material. The new job gets added to the queue (order of jobs to be done) after the current one is finished. Fortunately, theres an easy fix. Love it for all the small toddler tshirts or ball caps.. . There is no "Load Media" button on the machine, only "Load" and "Unload" buttons. On Cameo 1 and Portrait 1 machines are 2 different options for loading Load Mat and Load Media. All copyright, trademark, impersonation and intellectual property violations will be subject to legal action. This will NOT pertain to the Cameo 3s and 4s and Portrait 2s and 3s. Remember that onlythe word Send starts that actual cut job immediately, notSend to QueueorResumeorStart Cutting. Starting too far down means it also ends too far down, which is a problem if your material is cut to exactly the length you need. They are short staffed at the moment so it may take longer for a response than usual. Lets say youre cutting HTV with the mat and you have it set to 10 width. Do you have the feeder bar locked down on the right side? Some of them cut out great and can weed easily, while others, on the same piece, I have to redo because I cant weed them. Prescription: If you have to turn off the machine during a cut for any reason, clear out any leftover commands before starting a new cut job. You can then go back to the project you were trying to cut in the first place. The sticky area in the middle is 12 x 12 and theres a non-sticky margin all the way around that. all of the sudden, i feel like i'm not sure how i lived without the ability to cut all.the.things.. though i had about a day's long learning curve to get through, the machine and program that . Likewise, if you cancel a job on the machine, you still have to tell the software you want to get rid of it. Open the settings panel. The Silhouette Cameo is a computer-controlled electronic cutting tool made for personal use. Unplug the CAMEO 4 machine from the power source. Locking the Roller Bar The rollers on the Silhouette Cameo can be adjusted to accommodate different sizes of media. You may want to make sure that your mat is turned on in your page set up panel. This is a new roller design and in past models, 3rd party cutting mats have affected the lifespan on the machine and rollers. Simple And Effective Registration Error Workaround Hey there, check out this blog post instead: https://www.silhouetteschoolblog.com/2020/06/vinyl-slipping-when-cutting-without-mat.html I'd think it has more to do with where your rollers are placed versus your carriage. (LogOut/ The load line is the far left line on the left side of the machine for the 24 cutting mat. The Cameo 4 blades say it at the bottom of the package. How to use the Silhouette drawing tools Lesson 1: Draw a line, Tuesday quick tip: How to strikethrough text, Attention Windows computer users with an older Silhouette machine, Silhouette America to discontinue the Curio. The Silhouette Cameo 4 is the latest 12-inch desktop cutting machine from Silhouette. There can be NO gap between the lip of the blade and the housing. There is no gray line or arrows on the Portrait machines. 2. Any idea on how to get it to cut evenly? The fix: always check your page setup when you start a project. If you load your mat into the machine side first, the Silhouette doesnt know that. If it's not, tighten it. Plug the cords back in and turn the machine on. You do this by raising and lowering the lever on the right hand side of the machine above the bar. February 7, 2019 By Cindy Eckhoff Leave a Comment, The Cut Doctor is in! We join her now as she keeps going. You also want to make sure the blade is fully seated in the carriage. Thanks! I am not sure why it started doing this. The other 2 correspond to the edges of the most common paper sizes (8 1/2 x 11 or A4). This is a problem I have had on and off it usually eventually sorts itself out but this worked perfectlt. The Cricut, on the other hand, is a cutting machine produced by Provo Craft. Ever admire what every those little letters at the end of a filename mean? Nicapa StandardGrip Cutting Mat for Silhouette Cameo 4/3/2/1 (12x12 inch,3 Mats) Standard Adhesive Sticky Quilting Cut Mats Replacement Accessories for Silhouette Cameo14,469 $7.99$7.99 Arts, Crafts & Sewing Crafting Craft Supplies Select delivery location See All Buying Options Have one to sell? That means when you push theEnter button, its going to perform the action thats next to the black dot. There are times when you may need to know how to calibrate your Silhouette CAMEO machine. This can also happen when you are using a smaller mat, change the layout orientation, or rotate the view. -Leave Silhouette Studio running and go into the File Explorer on your computer to find the image you saved. Hi there! You arent wasting any material because you took the blade out. These cords do go bad over time and often a new one will solve your issues. If your Silhouette Cameo 4 is not cutting right, I have 6 solutions that are common and easy to fix. Silhouette Secrets+ with EllyMae FB group, https://silhouette-secrets.com/2021/06/10/customize-your-silhouette-with-this-cover-file/, https://silhouette-secrets.com/2022/09/02/become-a-pro-troubleshooting-your-cameo-pro/, https://www.facebook.com/groups/silhouettecameopro, Follow Silhouette Secrets+ by Swift Creek Customs on WordPress.com. The housing can become out of alignment for several reasons.A few of the most common are: blade not installed properly & locked in securely until this is corrected, you will continue to have inconsistent cuts blade depth is too deep cut settings are too high blade has gotten stuck while cutting cutting thicker materials, glitter cardstock, faux leather, etc.or using the Kraft or Rotary blades with the Cameo 4 models, *Note these are the most common reasons but not an all inclusive list. If you notice, your mat has some non-sticky margin at the top and bottom. I tried that and it didn't work for me :( it keeps cutting above the mat even when my design is in the middle of the page. I have been an illustrator for as long as I can remember. Too often, we get into the habit of just designing without checking that. The second button looks the same but without the grid. For more on pausing and cancelling jobs, seethis post. Plug the cords back in and turn the machine on. I had everything perfected with my Cameo 3, so I kept going. For use with the Silhouette Cameo 4 Pro. Prescription: Choose Load Mat when cutting any material using a mat. Tuesday quick tip: matching rotated angles, Draw something! The Silhouette Cameo mat comes in several sizes - the 1212 inch Cameo mat (standard grip), 1212 inch Light Tack Mat, 1224 and 812. This is how your blade and housing should look on a Cameo 4 & Cameo Plus models. If youre cutting without the mat, its the left edge of the material. Sara finishes her cut successfully, opens another file and loads her mat again. When cutting without a mat or using ANY other size cutting mat on the Cameo Pro, the mat gets loaded next to the line on the right side of the arrows. Then try a different USB cord. The new job doesnt start immediately but gets added to the queue (order of jobs to be done). Prescription: Check the Send area in the software and the machine screen to make sure jobs are cleared out before starting a new job. This ensures the material wont be sliding around. It doesnt always happen, but there may be lingering commands in the machines brain and you need to get rid of them. If your Autoblade is not adjusting properly or the blade (any style) is not cutting in the area of the cutting mat where it should, something is not right. Too often, we get into the habit of just designing without checking that. This is usually an issue when you are cutting without the mat. Plug the Silhouette power cord back into the machine securely. Theres just 1 guideline and it has small arrows pointing to it. Thats because it doesnt always happen. Size: 61 x 61cm (24 x 24 inches) Standard tack grip. It helps it communicate correctly with your computer. Step 3: Print Test Page. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The correct terminology is Blade Housing Reset and many users are confused by other information they are reading that is not from Silhouette America. This is a possible issue with the Cameo. Then I useSend As-Is. Then turn the machine back on. If you just start cutting without checking, your machine may not cut where you expect. I have watched so may videos and non of them have worked. So now you can see what alignment your blade is in and if it needs to be adjusted in millimeters. Unplug the power cord from the machine and the wall. The fix: make sure the motor box is starting in the correct place before sending the job to cut. This is especially more common with thicker material. 12 wide material is too wide for a Portrait, so its the 9 that you use. We noticed you're visiting from Germany. Once you get it just right, you can move on to the other portion of the calibration. Find online the largest choice of heat press, cutting plotter, textile press, sublimation articles, flex cutting and screen printing equipment for visual communication and textile printing. The issue is that the motor box does not return to the origin point but stays right there at the end of where it did the second test cut. When its done, the motor box goes back to the starting point and the material to the load-in point. I have a reminder on the inside lid of my Curio machine that embossing flips the whole page. Cameo 4 not cutting right side. Push your blade down and then press in the holder. USB cords are pretty generic, so one from, say, your home printer may work on your machine. A Portrait mat is 9 wide. This helps me to be able to keep my business going and provide more tutorials. If you dont and hit thatSend to QueueorStart Cutting yep, youre cutting in the wrong place. Each machine has a line on the front platform that indicates where you are to place the left edge when you load. This is why I ask for a photo of the blade installed in the machine WITH the mat/vinyl loaded. For more tips on cut settings, check out this postPerfect Cut Settings in Silhouette HERE. Wait dont toss your Silhouette Cameo out the window just yet! Also check out this video for troubleshooting steps for Print and Cut: https://youtu.be/6rkONiJhmts. Just like you need to periodically update your computer software, you need to at times update the firmware on your machine. Please review the following steps to properly set up and load your mat or material: 1. The area between the lines is the non-sticky margin. It is a diagnostic tool that is rarely needed and is only used as the last possible solution when troubleshooting print and cut issues. Silhouette Secrets+ by Swift Creek Customs. ), 10 Best MUST-HAVE Accessories for the Nespresso machine (2023), How to make Nespresso Vertuo Taste Like Starbucks (Even Better! Just like you need to periodically update your computer software, so do you need to at times update the firmware on your machine. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. How to use the Silhouette Studio Drawing tools: Lesson 3 Draw an Arc, Draw something! Ive calibrated once but my machine is still cutting above the material and then my mat falls out. Email is currently the only way to contact them from their website. Its time for Episode 2 in our continuing saga, What happens in the queue, stays in the queue.When we last saw our friend Sara, she had finally gotten the machine to start cutting. Prescription: Always return the motor box to the origin spot before starting a cut. For more information on cancelling cut jobs, see this post. Its one of the wisest things you can do to save yourself time, money and frustration. This was the first machine with a screen. Always check behind the roller bar after loading to ensure the top edge of the material is just down from the back edge of the cutting strip. CottonCandySVGs. Tutorials 4th of July SVG Bundle Cut files Design: Do you need-Svg Design or-T-shirt Design? For more information on this, see this post. On Cameo 1 and 2, Portrait 1, SD and Original QuicKutz machines, you use a different procedure for loading a mat than you do with cutting without the mat. You go in order, because thats the way we do it. The fix: check the Send area in the software and the machine screen to make sure jobs in the queue are cleared out before starting a new job. 1. Like the Cameo, it can cut a variety of materials, but it also has the ability to draw and write with pens and markers. I can get a test cut but it starts in the middle of the page. Hopefully these tips have helped you save some frustration!Whether you have had cut issues recently or not, this is great information to save for future use because ALL users no matter their experience level run into issues from time to time. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. When you need more than my online tutorials can provide, book a call. Lets look at some reasons your machine may start cutting in the wrong place. Silhouette School Inc is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. After you adjust the millimeters,test the cut in another green square to see if it worked. With your hand move the tool carriage all the way to the right and then back to the left. Prewscription: Use the correct guideline when loading. Registration marks are used for Print and Cut projects. Calisea Art For the Portrait model machines, the mat gets loaded next to the line in the photo above. If you are having any other issues when cutting, make sure to search the blog for past tutorials as well. I've been struggling with my Cameo 4 for over a year and I didn't know how to ask about my machine. Filed Under: Cutting, Machines Tagged With: cut doctor, cut settings, emboss, firmware, flip, htv, load, mat, mirror, usb, Your email address will not be published. gold. I would recommend getting a video of it in action and then describe in as much detail as you can to them the issue. If you just start cutting without checking the page size, your machine may not cut where you expect. Every time you start a new project, you need to check your page size. THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH! Change the packet size from the default of "1000 bytes" to "500 bytes.". Thanks for leaving a comment!