A generous portion of feta is where we begin, but the amounts of the remaining ingredients are totally up to you. So quick and easy. This recipe creates a creamy feta dip. If youd like a thinner dip, feel free to add in a splash of water. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. This will now be made regularly in my household. First time gathering as a family in 16 months. (Scrape down the sides as needed). This was absolutely perfect and Ive had requests to make again! I tend to like the dip a bit thinner so I add in some Keifer so its saucy enough to cling to my veggies (in place of cracker) dippers. . You can also get delicious additions like this crazy feta, regular feta, and a lot of other options! Stir in the diced jalapeno, c olive oil, lemon juice and zest, and onion powder. I like the idea of doing it with some oregano sprinkled on toppeace and love. Heat the cranberries, jalapeos, sugar, water and orange juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. Friends and family give many compliments and ask for the recipe. Or if any of those even matter and how companies can dupe you into buying fake, cheaply made olive oil? Thanks for posting! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. this dip is full of flavor and adds a great creamy, spicy element to your meal. Cant wait to try this Recipe! This feta recipe takes 5 minutes to make in a food processor and tastes unbelievably good with everything from vegetables to chicken. It was so quick and simple to make, and the flavor is amazing! Here you'll find delicious recipes, health & nutrition tips, and the Whole-Hearted Eating Podcast! I ended up going a bit heavy on the peppers as I had two large red peppers in the crisper, cut back the EVOO just a tad and kept everything else the same. Its a great alternative to tzatziki sauce when youre looking for something with a bit more pizzazz. ! March 18, 2019 By justalittlebitofbacon 7 Comments. Hello! OMG! Recipe Steps: Step One: Place the parsley, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, garlic, and jalapeo in the base of a food processor. We bring the exotic flavors from our family traditions to your table using only fresh, all-natural ingredients and never any preservatives. The Professor. So excited to try thisI know Ill love it! I had some jalapenos and garlic that needed to be finished so I threw caution to the wind and added those, since I knew they would work (Let me explain: there is an amazing Greek restaurant in D.C. that spawned a national, fast casual chain called Cava they make a different, also legendary dip called Crazy Feta with Dodonis feta, jalapenos, onionit is addictive and something like $12 for a small container at Whole Foods IF yours is lucky enough to carry it ). How great is that? Spicy feta dip (also known as tirokafteri), is an amazing Greek recipe which is creamy and spicy and tangy! Scale Ingredients One 8 -ounce block of feta cheese, patted dry and cut into 1 chunks or large crumbles (about 1 cups) Ihave a feeling you are going tolove it. So delicious. Cook Time: 0 minutes. Thank you! Breakfast & Brunch Recipes Lunch Recipes Appetizers & Snack Recipes Dinner Recipes Dessert Recipes . Add the onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. I am making copycat CAVA bowls for dinner and the only thing missing was the Crazy Feta! Add to processor, process, DONE. October 9, 2019. . 2023 Dana Monsees Nutrition Farmhouse theme by Restored 316. The Spicy Lamb Meatball Pita contains hummus, tomato, cucumber, pickled onions, cabbage slaw, pickles, garlic dressing, and skhug. Dog lover. Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve with your favorite chips, crackers or bread slices. Dont overdo it; small bits of feta are good and over-processing this dip will make it gritty. I ordered this dip (htipiti in Greek) every time I found it on a menu, which was often. Im counting on it being delish!! I usually have a lot to say about how to make the recipe and all sorts details to share so you can make it the best, but this dip is just that easy! We did Habanero red pepper flakes (all we had on hand). Bring this to a party along with Kates tarragon hummus and the colors are also amazing. I needed to use up 24 ounces of crumbled feta and several red bell peppers when I realized they would make my favorite Greek dip of all time. Or if any of those even matter and how companies can dupe you into buying fake, cheaply made olive oil? Stay up to date. This is the best and simplest tirokafteri yet! What kind of peppers could I use as a replacement? Serve alongside pita chips or fresh crudit. We had this recently with takeout and weve been obsessed ever since. We also think it would be great with some kalamata olives. My friend who stayed the weekend made it for our Christmas cookie exchange last Saturday and everyone raved about it. In a covered, tightly sealed container, the spicy feta dip should last for 1-2 weeks. Its super easy, goes together in 5 minutes. I always add it to my salads. Orrefrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days. I substituted jalapeno peppers and it was nice and spicy. Thanks. God. Add in all the other ingredients and process until smooth. Use a fork or wire whisk to mash everything together. On top of that I put a grain, my current fave is farro, but brown rice is great too. I hope they dont read this post, because Im planning to give my family some of my favorite Ancient Foods Greek Olive OIls, local honeys, and Greek teas! Tirokafteri can be described as tasting spicy, salty, creamy, and tangy thanks to its combination of Greek feta cheese and red pepper flakes. Can I just eat this with some veggies as a meal for lunch today? Making this weekend. I like to pulse until everything's blended together with a few chunky bits still remaining. All Rights Reserved. Find out more about, Balsamic Grapefruit, Avocado and Roasted Squash Salad, Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies {with Cashew Flour}, Guest Post: Easy Turmeric and Ginger Antioxidant Smoothie, cup Ancient Foods olive oil + 1 tsp, divided. ** Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Hi, I love the spicy feta dip. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Bookshop Recipe by chpmnk42 Updated on April 3, 2023 Add Photo Prep Time: 5 mins Total Time: 5 mins Just realised I had a typo in my email add. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. This bold and spicy roasted red pepper and feta dip is inspired by a traditional Greek recipe (htipiti). Double win! The addition of olive oil blends the flavors together, but be sure to use a good extra virgin olive oil, which lends its own unique flavor to tirokafteri. Please take a moment to comment letting me know how you liked it & consider giving it a 5 star rating. I like the idea of doing it with some oregano sprinkled on top. Add the garlic, jalapeo and scallions, and season with salt and pepper. Our take on the traditional Greek Htipiti dip combines labneh (a super thick and creamy yogurt), feta cheese, and fiery jalapeos. Required fields are marked *. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). If it were acceptable I would eat dips and appetizers all the time. Lo and behold, it comes and bites me in the face! Have been wanting to make for a long time . (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I love every recipe Ive tried on this site but this is by far a house favourite! An unexpected mistake by my accountant had kept us up working well past midnight the night before we left, which was followed much too soon by an alarm waking us back up in time for the 5am cheap flight we had snagged, which was then followed by a crazy taxi ride to the airport that left me reeling with an unexpected bout of motion sickness. LOVE feta. Fixed in this reply. Stir the cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth. Home Creamy and Spicy Feta Jalapeno Dip, October 1, 2022Chicken, Dinner, Meals, recipes, sauces. You can access your saved recipes on any device and generate a shopping list for recipes in your collections. Yum! Dont touch your eyes! A while back I was in the mood to work on some meze recipes and one of my ideas to try was a spicy Greek dip. Click here for details. So whats a consumer to do? Tag @foodbanjo on Instagram and share your photos! A big loaf of crusty breadserved with dip, such as: optional garnishes: extra crumbled feta, extra crushed red pepper flakes, dried oregano, and/or Kalamata olives. I doubt youll be able to get enough traction in a blender, but you could give it a try. It only takes a few minutes so easy! Stir the cream cheese and mayonnaise together until smooth. Recipe yields 1 cups and is easily doubled. Yum. I think I might just have this for dinner tonight. Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until combined, about 1-2 minutes. $12.99+. Oh. One more option: I bet you could make this dip by hand. You cant get this stuff in the store. NUTRITION FACTS. Finely chop the feta and pepper, and whisk together all of the ingredients in a large bowl until blended and broken down. I wound up adding a few shakes of cayenne. So easy and super delicious! I look forward to eating it over the next few days. I made it in my moms ancient Osterizer blender, and that poor thing started emitting the saddest little noises, but it persevered! Add the olive oil and puree until feta is whipped and creamy. Find Kathryn's Kitchen Blog on Instagram! // I cannot wait to try it out. You can also make it spicier by adding red pepper flakes or jalapeno seeds. Into the food processor, crumble feta cheese. And because I can't go to CAVA every single day, I had to make my own homemade copycat version of the Crazy Feta dip. I made this for a dinner party and we all loved it. Enjoy, friends! Made in 5 minutes, tirokafteri is quick and easy to make and irresistibly delicious. Back to this spicy feta dip, though. Youll just need a few simple ingredients and basic equipment. Lightly drizzle some olive oil on top, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes if desired. IndieBound The flavors tangy feta, spicy jalapenos, bright lemon, caramely garlic combine to create this delicious explosion of something or other in your mouth. Pulse several times until combined. PS they have a 20% off coupon on their website right now when you sign up for their newsletter! Your email address will not be published. I love the idea for a sandwich spread! Im happy you tried it already and loved it. (hint: its not the stuff in the bear bottle at the grocery store.). You found me. Use a food processor or a blender and add all of the ingredients. This was wonderful-Great flavor. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Thank you Kate! Flavorful, delicious, and easy to make! Best of all, this delicious appetizer only takes a few minutes in a food processor to whip up. Im a big fan of Greek and all their wonderful spreads and dips so I thought I would have come across Htipiti before. Whip it up when you have a moment, and itll keep well in the refrigerator until youre ready to serve. Pure red peppers, pepperoncini, and cayenne pepper in the food processor until smooth. ), my hands down favorite is Ancient Foods (though you probably couldve guessed that by now). Make this dip as spicy as youd likeor not. Thank you for your review. Delicious. Its bold and zesty even without the cayenne pepper. Grilled Butterflied Leg of Lamb with a Herb Rub, Raspberry Salad with Mixed Greens and Oranges, Roasted Shrimp, Asparagus, and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner, Ground Beef Skillet Pasta with Pesto and Ricotta. Whipped Feta Cheese/ Extra-Virgin Olive Oil / Jalapeo Peppers / Onions / there is no lemon in CAVAs recipe. Now that the holidays are rolling around I wanted to throw a few fun recipes your way starting with this Crazy Feta Jalapeno Dip! Even better on warm bread. Get new recipes in your inbox every week! The amount of heat that you add is totally up to you! So delicious! Cookie and Kate 2010 - 2023. PS Want to learn more about what the different labels and terms in the olive oil industry mean? Fluffy, warm pita spread with crazy feta. Will definitely be making this over and over again as its just as quick and easy as it yummy! Even shell out for premium Greek EVOO at Vom Fass (Agora). Recipes. If you would prefer it a little looser, add a an extra teaspoon or two of olive oil when blending. I put a protein next, and top off the whole thing with more sauce. Editorial contributions by Diana Moutsopoulos, 10 oz Greek feta cheese (about 1 1/2 blocks), 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste, 3 Kalamata olives, for garnish (optional). This recipe creates a creamy feta dip. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the bulb directly into the feta. I made this yesterday, had it tonight with fresh celery and red bell pepper. Dont even act like yours lie somewhere else. Because that is exactly where my priorities lie after a week away. In a food processor pulse the olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and white wine vinegar. Was wonderful. And alunch I will never forget. It cuts the richness and really adds to the recipe. Fabulous and so easy. I cant even get past the smell. This 5-Minute Spicy Greek Feta Dip (Tirokafteri) isquick and easy to make and irresistibly delicious. My dip is a little runnier than I had hoped, but the flavor is great. . See a restaurants in DCmakes this stuff and calls it crazy feta.