This unique suite features comfortable living with luxury touches in Santa Fe's most historic hotel. Hotel St. Francis is housed in a charming, gorgeously renovated historic building two blocks from Santa Fe Plaza. These guidelines and standards aim to keep the content on Booking.com relevant and family-friendly, without limiting expression or strong opinions. It faces the patio courtyard. Required fields are marked *. Please enter the dates of your stay and check what conditions apply to your preferred room. This is our guests' favorite part of Santa Fe, according to independent reviews. The walls were lined with paintings for sale, so I couldnt lean against one. WebGuests will appreciate a prime location in the vicinity of Loretto Chapel. She said that it was impeccable, but no matter what they did, they repeatedly found hair balls in the freezer. So, if youd like to sleep in a hotel room that may already be occupied by restless spirits, check out these nine haunted hotels in New Mexico. The hotel is very historic. Therefore, you have nothing to fear from her. She suggested writing more about New Mexico and its unique culture. Contributions should be appropriate for a global audience. With a tranquil atmosphere and views of downtown Santa Fe, standard guest rooms are appointed with either a full, queen, or king bed. Whats the one thing a visitor to Santa Fe should see? Do you have any questions about your reservation? Youll see. 4-star historic hotel located in Downtown Santa Fe. Santa Fe-based hotel La Fonda on the Plaza has been named one of the Most Haunted Hotels for 2019 by the Historic Hotels of America. He went mad on the spot, ran across the open space to the well, flung himself in, and drowned. I wonder if Abraham Lincoln has visited Donald Trump yet. Its beautiful decor, roaring fireplace, amazing bar and restaurant. WebGuests will appreciate a prime location in the vicinity of Loretto Chapel. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. I first came here in 1960 on a sales trip for Air France. They claimed that their bedsheets were tugged off them during the night! The Sierra Vista Hospital in Truth or Consequences has had its fair share of paranormal activity with equipment moving on their own and ghostly nun sightings. Celery Ellen Heath, I discovered it describes a person who needs freedom "like a bird needs its wings." In its in-between years, there were many accounts of blood manifesting on floors. St. Francis Hotel. WebHotel St. Francis is housed in a charming, gorgeously renovated historic building two blocks from Santa Fe Plaza. It will take you on an unforgettable journey through the streets of downtown to show you a different, darker side of our charming city. Canyon Road, at the end of East DeVargas Street, was an old supply route and is now home to [more than 100] art galleries. It wasabout Hair-raising tales at the White House by Theresa Vargas,and it seems that the spirit of Abraham Lincoln is very active there. This is our guests' favorite part of Santa Fe, according to independent reviews. I once tried to get a helicopter to pick up a grooms suit in Albuquerque. Santa Fes altitude of 7,000 feet puzzles some. Its especially likely to sense her in her second-floor suite, Room 256. Staff writer for Only In Your State and freelance writer. Guests will enjoy the magnificent garden setting, gourmet breakfasts, and being within walking distance to the Plaza, shopping, and dining. The dcor features handcrafted wood furniture by local artisans inspired by the Palace of the Governors and a palette of natural colors reflecting the days of Santa Fe's early Franciscan missionaries. New Mexicos fourth-largest city is also the nations highest capitol and its oldest: It was founded in 1607. By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. She went on to become New Mexicos first member of Les Clefs dOr, the prestigious international society for hotel concierges. But theres no spa, pool, or hot tub, and guests will have to pay a daily fee for parking. A motorway is nearby. Comfortable & cozy room. Hed sent his brother to pick up the rental but the brother never came back. Thats why Jamie Stringfellow made it her mission to meet Inger Boudouris, iconic concierge of the Hotel St. Francis in Santa Fe, New Mexico, in her continuing series of the secrets of the concierges. To save at this property, all you have to do is sign in. An article taken fromThe Washington Post was prominent. The bartender has described an evening in which a ghost was shoving bottles around and destroyed shakers for the lemon drop cocktail, which is no longer served. language, whether its just a rating or contains comments as well, etc.). Bisexual, Gay Men, Lesbian, Straight, Transgender. Declining economically after being left off the railroad line, Santa Fe determined to become an exotic tourist destination, The City Different. Its architecture and historyincluding its history of ghostshave become enormous assets. OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. Some lights didn't work (but it is an old place!) The name, La Posada is Spanish for inn or resting place, but Julia does not rest there. These cookies do not store any personal information. In 1921, Roscoe Fatty Arbuckle, a famous silent film star, allegedly raped a well-known party girl named Virginia Rappe, causing her to bleed to death. Id say, Each time you use my phone, please give me $10 forWorld Vision charity for kids. Hed write a check right there. And, I think theres a ghost here. He took the saddle bags into the bar where men were gambling, and by the end of the evening, he had lost everything. Gray-linen headboards, dove-printed accent, and punched-tin switch covers and tissue boxes are some of the only pieces of decorative flair. With a tranquil atmosphere and views of downtown Santa Fe, standard guest rooms are appointed with either a full, queen, or king bed. Reviews. Gay Owned Bed & Breakfast - 9 rental units Before setting out to walk to the Plaza about a block away, Peter warned us to be careful crossing the streets, because he didnt want us to create a new ghost for the tour. It has been unseasonably warm in Santa Fe this fall, but an appropriate chill was rolling in. The dcor features handcrafted wood furniture by local artisans inspired by the Palace of the Governors and reflecting the days of Santa Fes early Franciscan missionaries. Excellent location show map, Excellent location rated 9.7/10! I remember thinking, Oh my God. It first opened in 1939 but has since undergone several renovations. Get more stories delivered right to your email. The Plaza Hotel was built in 1882. The groom was sitting at my desk in his tux shirt and boxers. It's been featured in movies like "Easy Rider" and "No Country for Old Men.". WebNamed for the patron saint of Santa Fe, the historic Hotel St. Francis embodies the authentic spirit of old Santa Fe. Booking.com does not accept responsibility or liability for any reviews or responses. Checking on the numerology of Plus you can feel good about your stay, knowing we care about the environment and support green hotel such as using LED light bulbs to Hotel Reservation System | 2023 hotels-newmexico.com All rights reserved, to check availability and accurate prices. Thats why Jamie Stringfellow made it her mission to meet Inger Boudouris, iconic concierge of the Hotel St. Francis in Santa Fe, New Mexico, in her continuing series of the secrets of the concierges. Twenty-four years ago, on May 22, 1987, Inger Boudouris began her concierge career as Santa Fes very first concierge. Sleep in! A luxury Southwestern style bed and breakfast in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Lock in a great price for Hotel St Francis rated 8.1 by recent guests! [Note: The distance between cities in New Mexico (US) distance chart below is straight line distance (may be called as flying or air distance) between the two locations in One is a ghost of a kind, jovial woman who lived at the hotel for years and died peacefully in her sleep. There are a lot of options out there, and making the right choice can seem tricky. Located close to Santa Fe Plaza, Hotel St Francis provides a terrace, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a fireplace in the lobby. And then theres La Placita Dining Room in Albuquerque which happens to be one of the oldest buildings in the state. As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. The City Different, as its known, sits at an elevation of 7,000 feet at the southern edge of the Rockies, in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. Without batting an eyelash, I said one dollar to one dollar. He replied, Muchas gracias, Miss Inger!. Youre not an island, but a team. Perhaps it was unwise to name Julias Bar after herdoesnt sound like her personality. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. He found out about my airline background and asked me if I would be interested in a position as Guest services, which I changed to Concierge. I pioneered the word concierge in Santa Fe and it was a perfect fit for me. The number of extra beds and cribs allowed depends on the option you choose. Something went wrong please try again later. Santa Fe Municipal Airport is 9.3 miles away. Unsurprisingly, many visitors report seeing the ghost of Virginia Rappe roaming the halls of the hotel, tearing her hair out and looking for ways to exact revenge. Most people become used to the thinner air after two or three days which means that strenuous physical activity will become easier and less dangerous if you wait a day or two after arriving in town. Theyve been happily married ever since. This welcoming venue is placed about 20 km from Santa Fe Municipal airport and a few minutes' walk from New Mexico History Museum. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Plus you can feel good about your stay, knowing we care about the environment and support green hotel such as using LED light bulbs to The St. Francis sits only two blocks from Santa Fe Plaza, the city's cultural center. Among all the hotels in Santa Fe, NM, St. Francis is one of the oldest. We check for naughty words and verify the authenticity of all guest reviews before adding them to our site. WebNow $214 (Was $316) on Tripadvisor: Hotel St. Francis, Santa Fe. The best hidden gems and little known destinations - straight to your inbox. Gay Friendly Inn - 71 rental units The resort is just 250 metres from Museum Shop. Treat yourself to a massage at the onsite spa. Carolyn, 2023 Ellen Heath - Designed by Grace Communications & Developed by Ipsum Creative, Ellen Heath This accommodation is also a short drive from Santa Fe Botanical Garden. We have breakfast atClafoutis orZe French Bistro. WebHotel St. Francis: Santa Fe: 210 Don Gaspar Ave., Santa Fe, New Mexico, 87501, USA Contact(s): Reservations Phone: 1 505 983-5700 Tollfree: 1 800 529-5700. This is our guests' favorite part of Santa Fe, according to independent reviews. Through this, you wouldnt even have to worry about missing out on any of the famous places to visit! One big star used to borrow my phone. At the bottom of the page was the announcement of a Ghost Tour of Santa Fe that evening. She is the co-founder and editor ofWeekendWalk.com. What inborn talents, or cultivated skills, make you good at your job? If you are after a good nights sleep, steer clear of any rooms on the 12th floor of the hotel! [Note: The distance between cities in New Mexico (US) distance chart below is straight line distance (may be called as flying or air distance) between the two locations in The resort is just 250 metres from Museum Shop. This accommodation is also a short drive from Santa Fe Botanical Garden. Book online or call 1-800-529-5700 and mention code SIPSAVOR. Treat yourself to a massage at the onsite spa. WebNamed for the patron saint of Santa Fe, the historic Hotel St. Francis embodies the authentic spirit of old Santa Fe. Among all the hotels in Santa Fe, NM, St. Francis is one of the oldest. You'll receive your first newsletter soon! The Sage Inn connects travelers to the heart of downtown Santa Fe. If you want to visit some scary places in New Mexico yourself, take our, The Double Eagle Restaurant in Las Cruces is haunted by two lovers. I love stories, but reality is good. The dcor features handcrafted wood furniture by local artisans inspired by the Palace of the Governors and reflecting the days of Santa Fes early Franciscan missionaries. Beyond the historic sites, Santa Fe has great food. Step into traditions and discover why Santa Fe was named #3 City in the U.S. by Travel + Leisure World's Best, #2 City in the U.S. by 2020 Conde' Nast Travelers Reader Choice Awards and #3 by Ovation Travel Group as the "22 Best Place to Travel in 2022." Hotel St. Francis Only certain rooms can accommodate rollaway beds. One is a ghost of a kind, jovial woman who lived at the hotel for years and died peacefully in her sleep. The current incarnation of the hotel opened in 2009. PR Discount: None General Discount: 10% AAA, AARP Agent Commission: 10% - paid after stay My brother got up and turned it off. Charges may apply. In the 70s, my brother and his wife stayed there two nights for a veterinary conference. It is said that one failed pregnancy after another followed, six altogether, and she became depressed and retired permanently to her suite. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Booking.com is part of Booking Holdings Inc., the world leader in online travel and related services. Apparently, that didn't change after her death! Hotel Chimay de Santa Fe Just steps away from the Santa fe Plaza. Built in 1923 as a hotel and dining room, the paranormal happenings at the Shaffer Hotel run the gamut from flashing lights to the scent of chocolate wafting through the rooms. WebNamed for the patron saint of Santa Fe, the historic Hotel St. Francis embodies the authentic spirit of old Santa Fe. The bed was comfy with lovely sheets. In the 1930s, after the top floor of the mansion burned up, it was acquired and became the centerpiece of La Posada, with Pueblo Revival casitas scattered among landscaped gardens and a fountain. She died at age 52 in 1896. To edit a review youve already submitted, contact our Customer Service team. The dcor features handcrafted wood furniture by local artisans inspired by the Palace of the Governors and reflecting the days of Santa Fes early Franciscan missionaries. Beyond the exchange rate, and the ability to drink the water, is there anything about Santa Fe that guests are continually surprised by? There are many ghost towns that are leftover from the mining rush back in the 1800s. Check your selected option for more info. Bisexual, Gay Men, Lesbian, Straight, Transgender. Wi-Fi is free throughout the hotel. I love the fountain there how special is the sound of water in the desert! [Note: The distance between cities in New Mexico (US) distance chart below is straight line distance (may be called as flying or air distance) between the two locations in The streets were quiet, and only a few people were walking around in fragments of costume. Distinctive southwestern decor, 300-count linens & plush robes. All rights reserved. White lights twinkle, snow flurries fall (or the sun shines, Its true that every traveler is unique, and our mission at Oyster is to find the best hotel for each ones specific needs. Explore! Old missions such as the San Miguel can be seen scattered across New Mexico and offer a fascinating glimpse into the regions history. Al Jolson, often called the luckiest man in show business, also met his fate in this hotel. In the 1980s, its name was switched to Memorial Hospital and it became a psychiatric facility. I made a reservation. One is a ghost of a kind, jovial woman who lived at the hotel for years and died peacefully in her sleep. Thats the suite where both Al Jolson and Virginia Rappe died, and where you are most likely to find evidence of their ghostly presence. New Mexico Wine Tours combines a delightful afternoon of wine tasting, with a sip of New Mexico history. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Looking forward to more articles on your fascinating city, Fireside seating is available in the lobby of the hotel. Even then, patients complained that it was haunted. Thank you again for another wonderful story! The lady of the house, Julia Staab, is said to haunt the hotel. With access to Wifi throughout the hotel, you wouldnt even have to worry about leaving your work behind! love the lather brand toiletries, Beautiful ! The dcor features handcrafted wood furniture by local artisans inspired by the Palace of the Governors and reflecting the days of Santa Fes early Franciscan missionaries.