The case has become a focus for a national debate over the rights of parents to exercise control over their children's education and school experience, from transgender bathroom policy, to masks, to critical race theory. | Despite his legitimate anguish at his daughters ordeal at the hands of the scary boy who was still free, Smiths arrest was then used as an example of unruly parents who were likened to domestic terrorists. Scott Smith joins 'The Ingraham Angle' to discuss his claims that his daughter was sexually assaulted in girl's bathroom by boy wearing a skirt. The firm will not only sue the school system in relation to the alleged assault, . In its report, the grand jury described the May 28, 2021, sexual assault of a ninth-grade girl at Stone Bridge High School. Abbott mentioning illegal immigration, Man accused of murdering five execution style was previously-deported illegal immigrant, ICE says, Dem senator criticizes conservative justices wifes activism but pushes legislation relating to his own wifes work. Principals are legally required to report to the local law enforcement agency any act, including sexual assault, that may constitute a felony offense under Va. Code 22.1-279.3:1. FOX 5's Nana-Sentuo Bonsu reports from outside the Loudoun County Public Schools Administrative Offices with the latest. CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER. I basically said thats it. The victim's father, Scott Smith, told The Daily Wire that in late May, a boy dressed in a skirt entered a girls restroom at Stone Bridge High School in Ashburn, Virginia, and sexually assaulted . Smith was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after he was hauled off. Sentencing for the student will happen in November, but only afteraLoudon County Judge determines the outcome of the second set of charges against the same student involving sexual battery at Broad Run High School. Harding is looking for answers and to hold school leaders accountable, so she showed up at Wednesday night's school board meeting. Why arent we allowed to clap or boo? Anyone on the right who makes a habit of complainingoften justifiablyabout the mainstream media gullibly succumbing to viral stories that fit their priors ought to denounce this as well. According to the Loudoun County Sheriffs Office, The investigation determined on the afternoon of October 6, the 15-year-old suspect forced the victim into an empty classroom where he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her., Stone Bridge High School, where the first attack occurred, also downplayed the event. Parents stormed out of a Loudoun County School Board meeting Tuesday after the board voted 6-3 to not release the findings of an independent report of the 2021 sexual assault cases at two LCPS high schools. Smith told Ingraham he remained quiet about the situation until last week, when a text message to his wife alerted the couple that a juvenile had been arrested and was rumored to be the same one allegedly involved in the assault on his daughter. 11.1.2021 10:11 AM. Powered and implemented by FactSet Digital Solutions. The Daily Wire's reporting also gave readers the strong impression that the school was initially reluctant to involve law enforcement in the matter; journalist Jesse Singal obtained police dispatch logs that "strongly dispute" this notion. Oct. 15, 2021, 7:18 AM PDT. During its investigation, the grand jury said it was "struck by the lack of communication among LCPS, LCSO, the court services unit and the commonwealth's attorney's office." Jess, who is this? Smith asked his confused wife. The Daily Wire's interview with Smith portrayed the idea that the daughter's assailant was "gender fluid" as central to the story. We think that he is a dangerous man," Harding said. She said she had befriended the fiend even though he wore an ankle monitor in their Broad Run High School, where he had been transferred after his first attack five months earlier. Thats when Smith and a police officer got into it. Loudoun County Sheriff's Office It also led to numerous calls for top officials to quit or be fired amid claims of a coverup. Legal Statement. Others also approached the podium with concerns. News4's Walter Morris reports. The board may be obligated to consider long-term suspensions or expulsions and must ensure that students have not been deprived of due process. Focus on the Family provides alist of resourcesfor victims of sexual abuse, as well as manyarticles and broadcastson this topic. The sheriffs office has not addressed such claims. "I was just shocked. "I was told by everyone, my attorneys, the prosecuting attorney, friends of the family, people I dont even know, that if I wanted justice for my daughter, I needed to keep my mouth quiet and not speak out because in order to get justice for my daughter, which is the most important thing to me, of course, was to not come out and let justice prevail," he said. | This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, The incident took place in Loudoun County, Virginia, on May 28, 2021, The Daily Wire said in an investigative report. Crazy woke crap, gender confusion! In regard to the alleged assault on Smith's daughter . This in response to a request from the National School Boards Association asking US President Joe Biden for federal assistance to investigate and stop threats made over policies including mask mandates, likening the vitriol to a form of domestic terrorism. All juvenile records are sealed, but Smiths attorney Elizabeth Lancaster told The Daily Wire that the boy was subsequently charged with two counts of forcible sodomy, one count of anal sodomy, and one count of forcible fellatio. Miyares empaneled the grand jury after Virginia Gov. You are innocent until you are proven guilty I understand that. However, in the interim, Smith had been informally advised to remain quiet about the allegations in hopes of a positive outcome or prosecution. I will never hurt anyone like this again, he vowed. That policy wasn't actually implemented until August, it turns out. "Quite honestly - they should've fired him. Parents need to feel that they can send their kids to a safe learning environment. She was one of the people who tried to expose parents who were upset by Critical Race Theory being allegedly pushed in the school system. We don't want him to be around our children. The judge said her decision to send the boy to a residential treatment facility rather than juvenile jail was made only after the very brave and generous call from the victims and their families to get him help. This in response to a request from the National School Boards Association asking US President Joe Biden for federal assistance to investigate and stop threats made over policies including mask mandates, likening the vitriol to a form of domestic terrorism. A teenage boy sexually assaulted a female student at Stone Bridge High School in May 2021, but was allowed to transfer to Broad Run High School, where he abducted and sexually assaulted another . We are placing this on our next Board agenda for immediate discussion to reflect on these recommendations and take action as determined by the full Board," read part of the school board's response to the report. Now, she's demanding answers. The accused attacker wore a skirt, the girl's parents said. As the school board debated policies governing transgender students and whether they can use the restroom of their preference, a school board member asked Ziegler if the schools had a problem with sexual assaults occurring in bathrooms. Lancaster contends that this same 15-year-old boy was also charged with sexual battery and abduction after he forced a girl into an empty classroom, then held her against her will, and touched her inappropriately. That same day, the principal sent out an email claiming that nothing jeopardizing student safety had occurred, and instead, purportedly made Smith out to be the bad guy. The father of the victim is a man youve seen: The bald man being dragged by the police. I love this country. Why are there any kids still enrolled in Loudon County Schools at this point? Youngkin said Monday that he was satisfied with the grand jury's report. The two talked, before the girl testified the boy began grabbing her neck and other parts of her body in a sexual manner. Five months later, on October 6, the same student was charged with sexual battery and abduction of a fellow student at nearby Broad Run High School, where LCPS had evidently transferred him. As school board members and leftists continually claimed at the meeting on June 22 that students were not in danger or threatened by transgender individuals, Smith got increasingly angry. Earlier this month, Scott Ziegler, the superintendent of the embattled Loudoun County Public Schools, admitted that the school district failed toprovide a safe environment for its students. The victim was assaulted in a women's restroom at Stone Bridge High School by a male allegedly wearing a skirt. The left have gone off the rails and some will never rebound. PLEASE JOIN OUR NEW COMMENT SYSTEM! in Broadcast Journalism. The victim of his first attack, who was 14 when assaulted in a school bathroom last May, told her abuser, I could say you belong in a cell I believe you belong in a program.. He joined Fox News in 2013 as a writer and production assistant. The Daily Wireled the charge, seizing on an opportunity to embarrass both the mainstream media and the federal government for portraying hostile parents as akin to "domestic terrorists.". The case sparked a political firestorm when Scott Smith, the father of the first victim, was wrestled to the floor and arrested at a fiery school board meeting in the progressive county. Smith, the father, was arrested for loudly protesting at a school board meeting on June 22. In a Wednesday statement that followed growing focus on the . Success! "It's a damning indictment of a - of people not being proactive, not being forthright and, according to the jury, a superintended that misled the general public," Miyares told News4 Monday. "I asked you for your help," Harding said at the podium. CRT Deniers Claim it Isnt, Loudoun County School Board in Uproar Again, Virginia Enacts New Transgender Rules in Schools, Mandates Elimination of Gender-Based Practices, Virginia Parents Fight Back Against Radical, Sexualized Education Providing Encouragement and an Example for Us All. Good evening Stone Bridge families this [sic] is Stone Bridge Principal Tim Flynn. A high school student in Loudoun County, Virginia, who was charged with sexually assaulting a female at one school is accused of groping another at . Smith gasped, I cant breathe.. The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is investigating, but no charges have been filed. ASHBURN, Va. - A Virginia teen was wearing an ankle monitor for a prior sexual assault at his previous high school in Ashburn when he allegedly forced a girl into an empty classroom and groped her at a new school, according to prosecutors. Earlier this month US Attorney General Merrick Garland directed federal authorities to hold strategy sessions in the next month with law enforcement to address the increasing threats targeting school board members, teachers and other employees in the nations public schools. I want better stuff for it," he said. Loudoun County Public Schools on Wednesday issued a statement responding to reports of an alleged sexual assault at Ashburn's Stone Bridge High School on May 28, which had not previously When the boy arrived, the teen testified, he came into the handicapped stall she was in and locked the door. An Incident In A School Bathroom in Loudoun County. All rights reserved. On May 28, Stone Bridge High School called Smith to come to the school, where they told him that his 15-year-old daughter had just been physically assaulted in a bathroom by a male, Smith says. The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office said they want to address the "misinformation" regarding an alleged attack at Stone Bridge High School in Ashburn on May 28 following recent media reports . Jacob Sullum Scott Smith, the father of the first victim. There was an incident in the main office area today that required the Loudoun County Sheriffs Office to dispatch deputies to Stone Bridge. There was no threat to the safety of the student body. The parents go on to state that their daughter showed "more courage and leadership when she reported what happened to her to the Sheriff's Resource Officer than any of them ever did. All rights reserved. The countys top elected prosecutor personally tried to put him in jail. "Within half an hour, it was confirmed that yes, this did happen.