Class Members with outstanding penalties for driving on the transportation agency defendants toll roads as of June 16, 2021, will receive automatic forgiveness of the lesser of your outstanding penalties and $57.50. The Court has appointed the following lawyers as Class Counsel to represent all members of the Settlement Class. A North Texas driver asked NBC 5 Responds for help disputing more than $1,600 in charges from the North Texas Tollway Authority, and NBC 5 Responds delivered. If you are a Settlement Class Member (and did not exclude yourself from the Settlement Class), you could have objected to any part of the Settlement. Digital payments may take some time to process once you receive the confirmation email stating that your payment is complete. From October 1 through December 31, 2021, civil penalties will be waived for outstanding toll violations if tolls due plus an amnesty fee are paid. A statement of whether you intended to appear at the Fairness Hearing, either with or without counsel, and if with counsel, the name, bar number, address, and telephone number of your counsel who was to attend. This will be allocated as follows: Every toll violation penalty assigned to a third-party debt collector for collection as of May 27, 2021 will be reduced to $100.00. Henriquez contacted Carrs office, connected him to MDTA. To exclude yourself from the Settlement, you needed to send a letter or other written document by mail to: Your request to be excluded from the Settlement must have been personally signed by you and must have contained a statement that indicated your desire to be excluded from the Settlement Class. WebHow do I pay tolls on The Toll Roads? Should I be concerned I submitted multiple claims but only received one check? Payments of up to $15 per person will be distributed on a proportionate basis; the final amount will depend on the number of valid claims submitted. To take advantage of The Toll Roads Military Program, drivers must open a FasTrak account, and send a copy of proof of Active Duty to CustomerService@thetollroads.com. Submit the info found on your invoice to: This is for anyone who needs to pay for a missed toll within 5 days of their trip on theExpress Lanes. If you stayed in the Settlement Class, all of the decisions and judgments by the Court related to the Settlement will bind you. FasTrak; FasTrak Throughout California; FasTrak Transponders; closed, our call center, website and app are available to manage an account, open a new account, pay a toll, resolve a violation and much more. Box 23530Alexandria, VA 22304. Sign up for low balance account alerts with the E-ZPass agency that issued your account to help avoid future toll invoices. It is against the law to email, text or tweet while driving in Illinois. WebIf a driver fails to respond as outlined in the violation notice, an additional $42.50 penalty may be assessed and a hold may be placed on the vehicle's registration. The Settlement Agreement is available here. Vivamus eget justo purus. WebFor example, the Flex Pass lets you carpool for free in the I-405 express toll lanes and SR 167 HOT lanes when you have enough people in your car. Whats the best way for high school students to find out if a career in the transportation industry is for them? To learn if another California toll facility offers discounts or waives tolls for veterans, please contact the appropriate agency. Aliquam et sapien non magna scelerisque placerat vel nec elit. Portland, OR 97208-3639. You can send your reissue request by mail to: Toll Roads Settlement Administrator Crains Chicago Business named Tollway Chief Financial Officer Cathy Williams among its 2023 Notable CFOs for her accomplishments at the agency, leadership in the Last-chance discounts now offered on outstanding invoices alongside fee dismissal for income-eligible customers enrolled in I-PASS Assist.After an overwhelmingly successful amnesty program, a broad expansion of the I-PASS Assist program and completion of complex technological Senior Project Manager Rick Hanba loves seeing his work as a civil engineer transform from concept to reality. Put on hard hats and safety vests to get a close-up look at construction projects underway on the Illinois Tollway.Giving students access to real-world construction projects Read full articleAboutArea high school students get close-up look at Illinois Tollway construction sites . / Why have I not received my digital payment? A grass-roots push for free access roads that bypass such toll roads at the 183-A has been growing. Plan ahead and schedule an automatic payment for once your trip is processed, Receive an email notification once your trip is processed and ready for payment, Pay for the trip mentioned in your email notification from us. Duis massa lorem, imperdiet nec lobortis in, interdum vitae tortor. theYear=theYear+1900 The Illinois Tollway continues our mission to provide a safe and efficient system of highways. Customers who do not have I-PASS are required to pay their missed tolls online within 14 days. Tri-State Tollway (I-294)/I-57 Interchange T.Y. The Court in charge of this case granted final approval of the Settlement on February 11, 2022. If you You may also write with questions to the Settlement Administrator at 91 Express Lanes Settlement Administrator, P.O. Class Counsel was awarded $250,000 for attorneys fees, plus $108,102.73 for reimbursement of reasonable, actual out-of-pocket expenses incurred in the litigation. Violation The lawsuit seeks statutory damages on behalf of the named Plaintiffs and a class of all individuals in the United States who operated motor vehicles on the 91 Express Lanes and had their PII captured and shared with third parties. | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Return Policy, Facebook/Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority. When and where will the Court decide whether to approve the Settlement? I dont like the payment options available to me through EpiqPay, can I select something else? If you start your own lawsuit, you will have to hire your own lawyer, and you will have to prove your claims. Thats because this short-term helping hand from TxDOT only applied to roads which were operated directly by their offices and not those operated by other companies. Please note that accounts eligible for penalty forgiveness are not eligible to receive cash awards. Hours: M-F, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Download our app from the Apple App Simply re-enter your email address and submit the new license plate information. Have a portion of your outstanding toll violation penalties forgiven. Welcome to the Information Website for the OCTA Class Action Settlement If you used a Fastrak Account to pay a toll on the 91 Express Lanes, or received a toll Engineers realigned a small Read full articleAboutTo mark Earth Day, Illinois Tollway highlights new maintenance sites designed to help protect local water quality . The following individuals whose PII was provided by OCTA or CUSA to an individual or entity described below between June 29, 2015 and May 27, 2021 are included in the Settlement: The following individuals are excluded from the Settlement Class: current members of the OCTA Board of Directors, OCTAs Chief Executive Officer, the General Manager of the 91 Express Lanes, OCTAs 91 Express Lanes Project Manager III, and the attorneys representing OCTA and Cofiroute in this Litigation. They also wont be offering a refund for any overpaid penalties or fees. Approximately 140,000 drivers still owe tolls and penalties and their penalty will be reduced to $100 per violation. My Account Login; Open an Account; FasTrak. Lin International) and Wight More income-eligible drivers are receiving the cost-saving benefits of I-PASS after signing up for I-PASS Assist Accounts that also offer few up-front costs.The number of active I-PASS Assist accounts has more than quadrupled to more than 12,200, as a result of ongoing Finance and Investor Information Overview, Area high school students get close-up look at Illinois Tollway construction sites, To mark Earth Day, Illinois Tollway highlights new maintenance sites designed to help protect local water quality, Today, the Illinois Tollway recognizes Go Orange Day to show support for the men and women working on our roadways, Aurora maintenance site holds on to Tollways Extra Mile for Safety Award for a second year, You play a role in work zone safety Illinois Tollway and other state agencies remind drivers during National Work Zone Awareness Week, Marking National Work Zone Awareness Week, Illinois Tollway reminds drivers to work with us to keep roads safe, Illinois Tollway Board Chairman Rivera highlights Tollway efforts to help small and diverse firms at Illinois Hispanic Chamber of Commerce breakfast, Illinois Tollway recognizes Dispatch CAD team as its Emergency Communicators of the Year, Foundation Mechanics rise to new heights with help from Illinois Tollway diversity programs, No repairs needed: Illinois Tollway Carpenter Shop honored for perfect safety record in 2022, Illinois Tollway CFO named among 2023 Notable CFOs by Crains Chicago Business, Unpaid Illinois Tollway Toll Invoices Will Result In Violation Notices, Illinois Tollway staff encourage high school students to pursue careers in transportation industry, Illinois Tollway introduces Emerging Technology Program for DBEs to Diversity Advisory Council. A heading that includes the case name and case number: Your name, address, telephone number, and if represented by counsel, the name, bar number, address, and telephone number of your counsel; A signed declaration stating, under penalty of perjury, that you are a member of the Settlement Class; A statement of all your objections to the Settlement you are objecting to, including your legal and factual basis for each objection; and. California motorists hit with massive fines for minor, alleged toll They also include information regarding pavement conditions during inclement weather. A person may not use any toll facility without payment of tolls, except as provided in section 338.155, Florida Statutes. What is Personally Identifiable Information or PII? At this hearing, the Special Master considered whether the Settlements are fair, reasonable, and adequate. Texas Hill Country. Any amount remaining will be donated to Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, a Southern California nonprofit privacy rights advocacy organization. Any administrative fees assessed for collection purposes are outlined by Virginia law and judges enforce the Virginia code and impose civil penalties. The people who sued are called the Plaintiffs. The Orange County Transportation Authority, Darrell Johnson and Lori Donchak (collectively OCTA) and Cofiroute USA, LLC (CUSA) are collectively called the Defendants. The lawsuit alleges that in the course of operating the 91 Express Lanes, the Defendants, in violation of Section 31490 of the California Streets and Highways Code, provided personally identifiable information (as defined in section 31490, PII) to certain third parties. One plaintiff alleged that toll fees of approximately $3,500 ended up totaling $55,000 after adding toll evasion penalty fees. #Move Over. WebToll-by-Plate Information. Drivers using New Yorks electronic toll collection E-ZPass customer? A North Texas driver asked NBC 5 Responds for help disputing more than $1,600 in charges from the North Texas Tollway Authority, and NBC 5 Responds Request to exclude yourself from the Settlement by November 8, 2021. The thin gold line that connects the bold red and blue lines representing firefighters and police. Please allow a few business days after receiving the confirmation email for funds to become available in your account. Can I tow a boat or trailer on The Toll Roads? Texas Hill Country Facebook page is growing by over 1,000 fans per truck drivers, Illinois State Police troopers and construction workers who risk their lives every day to keep our roadways Read full articleAboutToday, the Illinois Tollway recognizes Go Orange Day to show support for the men and women working on our roadways , AboutArea high school students get close-up look at Illinois Tollway construction sites, AboutTo mark Earth Day, Illinois Tollway highlights new maintenance sites designed to help protect local water quality, AboutToday, the Illinois Tollway recognizes Go Orange Day to show support for the men and women working on our roadways, Finance and Investor Information Overview, Area high school students get close-up look at Illinois Tollway construction sites, To mark Earth Day, Illinois Tollway highlights new maintenance sites designed to help protect local water quality, Today, the Illinois Tollway recognizes Go Orange Day to show support for the men and women working on our roadways, 5/1/2023 - Overnight Ramp Closures Scheduled to Continue in May as Part of the I-290/I-88 Interchange Project at I-294, 4/27/2023 - Long-Term Ramp Closure Scheduled at Roosevelt Road Interchange on Tri-State Tollway (I-294) for Bridge Reconstruction, 4/27/2023 - Illinois Tollway Awards $11.2 Million in New Construction Contracts in April, 4/25/2023 - Overnight Closures Scheduled to Prepare for Traffic Shifts on Central Tri-State Tollway (I-294), 4/21/2023 - Weekend Closures Scheduled on Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) for Pavement Repair Work Between County Line Road and Illinois Route 59, Illinois Information Technology Accessibility Act. Do hybrid or electric vehicles travel The Toll Roads for free or at a discount? If you did not submit a request to be excluded from the Settlement Class, and you have a qualifying toll violation debt, you will automatically receive this benefit. 8:16-cv-262-ODW(ADSx) (C.D. If you are a member of the Settlement Class and did nothing, you will be bound by the judgment entered by the Court on the Settlement, including the release in the Settlement Agreement. Special Authorization: Movement of Loads in Response to COVID-19 Pandemic Under the Jurisdiction of the Illinois Tollway, Log In to the Over-Dimension Vehicle Permit System. Anyone with outstanding toll violations incurred on Route 1 or I-95 between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2020 is eligible to participate in the toll amnesty program. Orange County, California toll roads forgive excessive toll violation fines in $42 million settlement. The Settlement does not mean that any law was broken or that the Defendants did anything wrong. The vehicle ban will remain in effect until all tolls and fees have been paid or a payment plan has been arranged with the A violation citation - Class C misdemeanor with a fine of up to $500 . You also could have submitted your Claim Form via regular mail. WebYou can dispute a violation by filling out the "Contest of Notice" portion of your "Notice of Toll Evasion." Box 3639 WebFirst-time Violations. Fusce at suscipit odio. We are your resource for Hill Country travel, things to do, places to eat, Cras id lacus ac justo ullamcorper mattis id at ante. Proin consequat elit eget mauris euismod, a fermentum elit interdum. Details of the 3M and TCA Settlements can be found here. If you have lost your Notice, or did not receive notice and believe you are part of the Settlement Class, please contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-888-490-0922 (Toll-Free). Add to this the fact that there is presently no single point of contact and billing for all of the toll roads, and you have a confusing and muddled mess for drivers needing multiple accounts. I do not have internet access or the email account the EpiqPay payment was sent to is inactive or no longer in use, so what can I do? When the Illinois Tollway began building a new state-of-the-art maintenance facility in Hoffman Estates, it also built a new path for a small stream crossing the property as part of a sophisticated drainage system that will help protect local water quality. After choosing my preferred payment options, will I receive my payment instantly / immediately?